TESTERS WANTED! ×

Switching from Pro V1X - Tour B X, Z Star XV?

Just catching up on 4 months of posts...whew!  I have played several of the balls you've tried, and would recommend either the Bridgestone Tour B X or the Maxfli Tour CG.  I am a mid-high ball hitter, and like the "hop and stop" I get off iron/wedge approaches, and a little release on the green side shots.  The Maxfli definitely appears to be more consistent based on MGS testing, but honestly, as it relates to the B X, how many times have you been able to discern a "bad" ball within a sleeve/box?  If you played well with the B X, just do it!  

WITB: Ping G driver, 10.5, stiff

Cobra F6 13.5 and 18.5 fairway

Mizuno JPX900 Hot Metal 4-P

Mizuno S5 50,56,60

Scotty Cameron Futura putter

I would second the Pro V1x Left Dash, it's not that much different in feel to the X and for me being a lower ball flight player, the Pro V1 was just too low flyin'....Left Dash even though it spun about 200-400 less off driver still flies plenty high and stops on a dime with irons and wedges.  Doesn't suck back crazy-like but just one hop and stop which I love.  I also love the TaylorMade TP5X, the 2019 was so money, switched to it from like 5 generations of Prov1x's to the TP5x until I tried the -Left Dash. 🤑 Wondering when Titleist will come out with a new version of the left dash, it's based on the 2019 Pro V1 x cover and dimple pattern. Great ball!

Driver:  Taylormade SIM2 10.5 OG Motore F3 70x with TP 1.5*  tip - 1 notch to lower

3W: Srixon ZX 15*, HZRDUS Smoke Black HandCrafted 6.0 

5W: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 18* TC serial, HZRDUS Yellow  70g

4i: Srixon ZU85 23*, Recoil F4 95S

5i: Srixon ZU85 26*, Recoil F4 95X

6-PW:  Callaway Apex MB 2021, Project X IO 6.0

Wedges: Vokey SM8 Blk 50-08F, SM8 56-08M (55*), Vokey SM8 WedgeWorks 60 T (61*)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5.5, Pistolini Grip

Ball: 2019 Taylormade TP5X (sometimes Pro-V1x left dash)

Bag:  Titleist Players 4 Stadry

Every performance ball nowadays gets crazy spin.  Specially the 2 you're considering.  Will it spin a little less maybe.  But you need to learn how to take off spin in my opinion.  It's what I've done and its taken my game to a higher level.

The left dash (Prov1x) is a great ball with great distance with less spin.  Also my boss, worked for Titleist (now FJ), played college golf,  hits the ball a mile and can spin the ball off the green, has used the AVX as a remedy.  A couple of options for those who want distance and less spin on the greens.   Find the Titleist ball that is best for you.

https://www.titleist.com/golf-ball-fitting-tool

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

Last year I read about then tried the new Maxfli Tour, mostly because of the very close tolerances of the center weighting and no internal voids (hello Callaway). I had been exclusively playing Pro V1s and was impressed by the ball’s response on drives and around the greens. The lower price had nothing to do with my ultimate switch, BTW.  The durability is the same as the Pro V1s, and much better than any Bridgestone ball I’ve ever played. Old Maxflis were like knuckleballs, but these fly straight with no fluttering.

Sounds like it's just your pitch and gaps that are spinning.  If that is the case, why affect all your clubs with a ball change?  Maybe your grooves are too sharp, or try changing the attack and spin less?  Just a thought.

Cobra AMP 8.5* driver (sometimes swap for Cobra Speedzone driver)

Cobra Speedzone 3 WD, 19* hybrid

Driving iron 18*

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4 - PW

Cleveland 588 gap wedge 52*

Scotty Cameron futura putter (sometimes Ping Zing anniversary edition, or TP mills blade)

I played the Pro V1x for twenty years, until recently I was playing with an older version. I ran out and bought some new balls.  It instantly got harder to hit fairways and ball spun way too much on approach.  I have been playing with the Callaway ERC, I love the price, soft feel and it is the longest ball I have hit.  It lands soft on a firm greens as well.

10.5 Taylormade Stealth Plus Driver

16.5 Titleist TSi2 fairway wood

21 TSi2 Titleist fairway wood

21 915H Titleist Hybrid

5-PW Mizuno MP-15 irons

50, 54 & 58 Mizuno T22 copper wedges

Project X 6.0 iron shafts

HZDRUS Smoke RDX Black 6.0 wood shafts