Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Benross Rev wedges ?

YaaaTaaah

Hi guys !

I tried to search for a post on these wedges but it seems that no one talked about it yet.

I am actually using a SM7 58° that i got for around 60 bucks (pre owned) and I went to my local reseller. He proposed me either to go for the full SM9 set (quite expensive and even though I really like the feeling of my SM7, I am not really sure to spend this amount of money for now) or the Benross Rev wedges.

I can't find any reviews on theses wedges so does anyone have theses wedges and what are your feedbacks ? 

I don't know if I should go for 60° 56° 52° or 58°54°50

Thanks for your reply !

Driver : :wilson-small: X31 

3 Woods : :wilson-small: X31

Hybrid : :wilson-small: X31

Irons : :callaway-small: Steelhead X16

Wedges : :titleist-small: SM7 58°

Putter : :taylormade-small: Spider X Hydroblast 34"

6 hours ago, YaaaTaaah said:

Hi guys !

I tried to search for a post on these wedges but it seems that no one talked about it yet.

I am actually using a SM7 58° that i got for around 60 bucks (pre owned) and I went to my local reseller. He proposed me either to go for the full SM9 set (quite expensive and even though I really like the feeling of my SM7, I am not really sure to spend this amount of money for now) or the Benross Rev wedges.

I can't find any reviews on theses wedges so does anyone have theses wedges and what are your feedbacks ? 

I don't know if I should go for 60° 56° 52° or 58°54°50

Thanks for your reply !

Benross would be considered a small manufacturer like Maltby, Inesis or Sub70 and probably doesn’t have a large presence in the US which is where most of the MGS readers are located.   
The wedges are probably fine; being a small manufacturer doesn’t mean they are bad but they are a bit of an unknown.  Searching for Benross via google indicated they are good quality clubs so my guess is that you would be fine.  
as for which wedges to pick, you should based the decision on how far you hit them. If you can’t hit them, the general guidance would be to have the GW be about 3/4* more loft than you PW.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

thanks for the reply!

a bit unknown in France aswell that's why I tried to get more information.

I'm totally fine in going for small manufacturer but I just wanted to be sure they were "good" quality regarding the price and they would last for a couple years.

The dilemma is either going for pre owned wedge from top brand with the well known quality or make a gamble in a brand that is not well known and struggling to get rid of if I am not happy with 🤔

Driver : :wilson-small: X31 

3 Woods : :wilson-small: X31

Hybrid : :wilson-small: X31

Irons : :callaway-small: Steelhead X16

Wedges : :titleist-small: SM7 58°

Putter : :taylormade-small: Spider X Hydroblast 34"

37 minutes ago, YaaaTaaah said:

The dilemma is either going for pre owned wedge from top brand with the well known quality or make a gamble in a brand that is not well known and struggling to get rid of if I am not happy with 🤔

That is always the dilemma we face.  Even with the “top” brand there is no guarantee you will like the product.  I personally don’t get along with Mizuno irons; yet i have a wedge in my bag,  but there are a lot of people on here that think Mizuno is the best iron on the market.  Good luck with you quest 😁

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG