TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shankster’s Build a Bag

6 hours ago, Shankster said:

Not sure, they do look very similar.  Either way, it beats neon green with lots of unpaid advertising that a lot of bags come with.

Exactly one of the reasons I went back to my Jones bag and am fixing to pull the trigger on a Jones Classic. Plus actually the Jones is light enough for me carrying around the range and practice area. I do not carry a lot of stuff so I do have room. I do not need the stand per say since we do have bag racks on the range. On the practice green I can prop it up on one of the light posts on the corner of the green or basically I can lay it down. If for whatever reason I want to go to a mini staff bag I have a Burton plain non scripted. These days I like running low and keeping it under the radar

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

7 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Srixon, Tour Edge, Sub 70, Wilson, Hogan... why limit yourself?  Granted, the latter may not be available at fitters, but one could be the magic sauce.  You should definitely try the ZX series.  Also, I know you've been dealing with a few chronic injuries and this might be a good opportunity to see if a composite shaft works. As advertised, mine have effectively eliminated my elbow and shoulder pain.

Not sure I get along with the V Sole very well.  

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Not sure I get along with the V Sole very well.  

Have you ever tried them?  Are you a digger or scalper?  According to most, that design favors diggers the most and really dosen't offer any significant advantage/disadvantage for scalpers.  Having only hit them off the mat, my fitter was 99% sure I'd have no issue with them but I went to a Srixon Demo and verified just to be sure.  I really like them, and this coming from G410's. The ZX7's or a combo ZX5/ZX7 would be worth a look if available at your fitting.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

26 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Have you ever tried them?  Are you a digger or scalper?  According to most, that design favors diggers the most and really dosen't offer any significant advantage/disadvantage for scalpers.  Having only hit them off the mat, my fitter was 99% sure I'd have no issue with them but I went to a Srixon Demo and verified just to be sure.  I really like them, and this coming from G410's. The ZX7's or a combo ZX5/ZX7 would be worth a look if available at your fitting.

I have tried them, and the Cleveland wedges.  I’m a bruiser/picker.  Hardly take any turf… maybe the Z Forged, but I’m not ready for a full set of razor blades again… 

22 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Is that the same as the Sun Mountain leather stand bag? Wonder what kind of price they have? I will say it is a good looking bag and IMHO will only look better as it ages

It's a "vegan leather" bag.  I love the look of it, but not sure how well urethane is going to age, especially compared to real leather.  Price is pretty good on it though.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

8 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

It's a "vegan leather" bag.  I love the look of it, but not sure how well urethane is going to age, especially compared to real leather.  Price is pretty good on it though.

OHHH--- Yeah I do not know on that either. I know on like the Infiniti staff bags like the one in my pic there was 2 questionable panels that for some reason had plastic over them. Everyone I saw including mine developed a burned look and then peeled looked like crap. I think for new at this stage I am sticking with Jones. Nylon and built sturdy. In fact I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a new Jones Original soon as I clear the shop out some--- The shop clutter has escalated 110% since you saw it.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I am moving the One Length Forged Tech irons to near the top of my “to try list”… I’ve been waiting for cobra to make the MIM in single length, but I doubt they will… unless you are Bryson.

The concept makes a ton of sense to me, and now that they offer the wedges in more than 56 and 60… 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

I have been putting a lot of thought into this  new bag, and I am planning on having the fitter fit me into the JPX Tours 4-GW.  Since I despise offset, I’m going to have them all bent weak 2° Except the GW, make that 1° weak… at 52°.  The top end is still open, some sort of hollow or foam filled for the 2 and 3 irons…

So,

Driver (Open)

2 Hydbrid (CLK) @ 13.75° 

2 iron ( open ) 16°

3 iron ( open ) 20°

4-GW ( JPX Tour 2° weak)

56° T22 Denim Copper

Putter ( a beautiful new L.A.B. 😍)

• 2 weeks later...

@Shankster, AS many wise men have said. "Get fit and make a decision based upon those results, if you limit yourself to 1 brand or club, you might be leaving something on the table".. Or something close. LOL.

We all need to hear that advice, it is mentioned here so much by so many.. Not positive but You yourself might have said it before.. Hmmm.. 

or say screw it and get what gonna make you happy, Wife gave you the green light, have fun with it. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission, and hell you have permission.. 

Last time the wife told me that for clubs I spent $1200 on new Ping G25 irons.. last time she said that is the key part.. LOL

Edited by Reesedw

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

52 minutes ago, Reesedw said:

@Shankster, AS many wise men have said. "Get fit and make a decision based upon those results, if you limit yourself to 1 brand or club, you might be leaving something on the table".. Or something close. LOL.

We all need to hear that advice, it is mentioned here so much by so many.. Not positive but You yourself might have said it before.. Hmmm.. 

or say screw it and get what gonna make you happy, Wife gave you the green light, have fun with it. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission, and hell you have permission.. 

Last time the wife told me that for clubs I spent $1200 on new Ping G25 irons.. last time she said that is the key part.. LOL

Yea sir.  I plan on trying a few things, but not matter what I’ll be getting a players iron, because I cannot do huge clubs.  I know what to expect from the miss with them… I’m going to try different brands, but I’ve already determined that I can’t do Callaway or PXG.  Not to say their clubs aren’t good, I just don’t like the persona of those two brands… if that makes sense.

22 hours ago, Shankster said:

I can’t do Callaway or PXG.  Not to say their clubs aren’t good, I just don’t like the persona of those two brands… if that makes sense.

100%, I Have never hit a Callaway club I liked. HATED the original Callaway balls that hex pattern, Could not hit it to save my life, I'm sure some of that was mental but just not a brand that has much to Offer ME.. not to say they do not work well for others, but for me not so much.. For me I have had the most success with Ping and Cobra.. they just work for me.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Has anyone used the Mizuno shaft optimizer?  Is it legit?

I have and it was good for me. At the very least it narrows the field and saves a lot of time. One of my top 3 matches felt awful, fitter told me that shaft was either love or hate.
Next 2 were very close, consistency won the day. Interestingly, the 2 options were PX LZ 5.5 (probably firmish regular) and Nippon NS Pro Modus 105 in XS. Weight of these 2 is almost identical. I’m very happy with the LZ 5.5’s

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

38 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Has anyone used the Mizuno shaft optimizer?  Is it legit?

My fitter used it for me. I don’t know any different but I seemed to be into shafts that I was liking pretty quick. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

D - Mini 300 dialed down to 9.75* from 11.5*

17* Apex UW

21* Apex UW

5H Big Bertha 21

7-PW Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 shaft

46* CBX Zipcore

50* CBX Zipcore

54* CBX
58* CBX 2

Odyssey Stroke Lab 10 Putter 

Very large debate on 14th club at the moment.  

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX

12 hours ago, Shinnman said:

D - Mini 300 dialed down to 9.75* from 11.5*

17* Apex UW

21* Apex UW

5H Big Bertha 21

7-PW Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 shaft

46* CBX Zipcore

50* CBX Zipcore

54* CBX
58* CBX 2

Odyssey Stroke Lab 10 Putter 

Very large debate on 14th club at the moment.  

Pretty good mix if you ask me. No law says you have to carry 14 clubs. With 13 as SOP it leaves a couple of options to switch out for different courses you play. For a while I had only been carrying 12 with options to switch out. Now recently I added my 60* back in and my 4 iron so now I am back up to 14 but I can rotate several as the need arises. 

G

• 3 weeks later...

Alright ladies and gentlemen, I have been mulling this over since my fitting last week.  The bag will be different than what I thought, only because I am looking at the spin rates I was getting with the 620CB vs the T100S.  Using the V1x last round out I saw a significant jump, and ballooning with using a higher spinning ball.  With the CB vs the T100, there wasn’t a ballon, the trajectory was nearly the same but it was a few yards shorter.

So I am going with:

Driver: Rogue ST Triple Diamond

2H: PING G425

DI: TM UDI 2° Flat

Irons: 3-PW 620CB (Project X LZ 6.5) 2° Flat

Vokey: 52°, 56°, 60° (project X LZ 6.5) 2° Flat

I will probably regret it, but i much preferred  the CB off the face.

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

I will probably regret it, but i much preferred  the CB off the face.

The CBs are nice;  I liked them better than the T100 line as well.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG