TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Have You Sold/Traded Lately (CHA Remorse Group)

So taking off the ever popular What Have You Bought Lately Thread.  I think it would be fun to see what Spies have unloaded and why of late.  It may nto be as pic heavy (unless you plan ahead..ha) but I'm sure the reasons stories behind such sales will be fun.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'll Start.

So I know I'm possibly more known to contribute to the WHYB thread than you might think of this one, but you might be surprised, I'll start with this.

Garmin S60-I bought it about two weeks ago, and just can't get it to work for my needs.  I was very excited about not only the golf aspect of it but the other health and smart phone notifications.  

But I found the navigation between holes difficult (when you are doing a shotgun start, vs stragiht 1-18.  Mostly I found the inablity to do a touch point on the screen to get a distance to a bunker or hazard totally unusable.  it kept putting me in the middle of another fairway or switching holes etc.  

So I took it back to GG for a full refund.  Props to them for an easy return. They didn't ask any questions, ddint' even open the box to make sure it was actually the device in there and all parts (of course they were). 

Sim2 driver to get g425 max. Looking at having a Ping dominant bag setup in one of my bags. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• Golfspy_CG2 changed the title to What Have You Sold/Traded Lately (CHA Remorse Group)

Also this week, sold my Vessel Rad Speed bag from two years ago.   Great bag, but just didnt' have room for it anymore and with no Cobra clubs in my bag, figure there was no reason. 

Ventus blue hybrid from Bort. Honeymoon was good in the super but couldn’t keep up with ball speed compared to the pro orange. Likely due to flex.  Ventus blue driver traded for a Ventus black 6x. Rdx blue 70g driver shaft. Offloaded some old clubs my dad gave me: Burner draw driver, Tp burner rescue. Also sold my Corza ghost putter as I got a silly deal on a Scotty phantom x5 (am I right @twyatt700and @dlow206).

One thing I somewhat regret selling last year was my PXG gen2 0311x DI and maybe my EF threewood. I tried the DI in the winter months here and never gave it a fair shake when it got dry out. In the end I guess it wasn’t bad because the trade sequence was PxgDI—>Scotty Detour—>SIK DW—>Epic max Ls driver. I also thought the super would be my savior, I guess it still can be, but I haven’t reached a green in two yet like I did a couple times with my EF SZ 3w. So the super might be sold soon but finding a way to tell my wife why I am going back to a club I said I can’t hit will be interesting. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Rob ( @Golfspy_CG2 ), why do I somehow feel like you subconsciously started this thread to call me out On my buying, selling, trading shenanigans? 😜

My bag is pretty much the golf equivalent of one of those phone app civilization games.. most everything has been bought, sold, or traded, and either evolved into something better or devolved into what aspired to be something great but fell short of expectations.

I recently completed a trade for a full set of irons. I swapped my cherished Maltby TS1's that I played for 2 seasons and loved EVERYTHING about, for an 8 year old set of Callaway RAZR X Musclebacks in about A- condition. This has proven to be a very successful trade though. For a minute I was certain that I would play the TS1's until the grooves wore out. That was short lived though when Maltby released photos and specs on their TS4 irons to be released later 2022. I WILL OWN THEM! When they're released though, I plan to build my own set. So what do the Callaways have to do with anything? Well they have what I consider to be the golden unicorn of golf shafts. Precision FCM Rifle flighted 6.0 frequency shafts at +1" so I was able to cut to my +.5" length. Not to mention, they're just super sweet Roger Cleveland design Japanese forgings and I can surprisingly play the hell out of them and love every minute! I plan to play these until the TS4's are released and pull the shafts to build the new set. 

Traded 

0822200737.jpg.1c6176bce4603088ec00b465478c26d3.jpg

For

0301221131.jpg.84c01942298bdc82d32aeac0f97c76bf.jpg

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

On 4/28/2022 at 9:37 AM, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

...... but finding a way to tell my wife why I am going back to a club I said I can’t hit will be interesting. 

Don't worry she won't know you are in "going back" mode.  All she heard when you went through the initial purchase rationalization with her was blah blah blah new club, blah blah blah.  I doubt she will be able to identify it as having been in your bag previously.  😆

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 8:41 PM, azstu324 said:

Callaway RAZR X Musclebacks

Love the design - still have two old X Jaws wedges that are used regularly for practice!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

🎶 ..regrets.... I have a few...🎵

Ha ha but about golf clubs - several years ago I'd had a set of Cobra King OS irons with a fitter series Recoil shaft .. in my stupidity and hubris I'd thought that I'd "outgrown" them ... well I still wish I had them today!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

6 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

🎶 ..regrets.... I have a few...🎵

Ha ha but about golf clubs - several years ago I'd had a set of Cobra King OS irons with a fitter series Recoil shaft .. in my stupidity and hubris I'd thought that I'd "outgrown" them ... well I still wish I had them today!

Your wish could come true, sans Recoil shaft... if you want!  😃

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Unloaded my Arccos sensors and link. Loved the data, but now that I’ve been using it for two years I don’t really have use for it. I’m not playing competitively and I’m not getting lessons so why do I need more data? Will be nice not have to edit shots during or after a round. I can just play golf now. 

I ended up getting a lightly used Bushnell Phantom 2 to meet my GPS needs. Front middle back numbers. That’s all I wanted.  

3 hours ago, jlukes said:

Unloaded my Arccos sensors and link. Loved the data, but now that I’ve been using it for two years I don’t really have use for it. I’m not playing competitively and I’m not getting lessons so why do I need more data? Will be nice not have to edit shots during or after a round. I can just play golf now. 

I ended up getting a lightly used Bushnell Phantom 2 to meet my GPS needs. Front middle back numbers. That’s all I wanted.  

I will likely be doing the same. I do not have the link, but I find sifting through this data to be overwhelming and how do I use it?  I’ll write down my distances and get on with it.

16 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I will likely be doing the same. I do not have the link, but I find sifting through this data to be overwhelming and how do I use it?  I’ll write down my distances and get on with it.

I like how it clearly defined weaknesses in my game. I was pretty aware of them but it was cool seeing them confirmed with data

That being said I found the actual caddie club recommendation garbage. Didn’t account for tree lines. Seemed to favor accuracy over distance off the tee when recommending clubs. 

1 minute ago, jlukes said:

I like how it clearly defined weaknesses in my game. I was pretty aware of them but it was cool seeing them confirmed with data

That being said I found the actual caddie club recommendation garbage. Didn’t account for tree lines. Seemed to favor accuracy over distance off the tee when recommending clubs. 

Yeah, I agree on the caddie part.  Unless my game was real crappy, I don’t think I needed to lay up with a 48° wedge to hit another 48° wedge… some really weird stuff.

On 5/16/2022 at 9:25 AM, jlukes said:

I just returned my v3 sensors and link but for different reasons.

Here is my very recent experience and none of it was positive. When the new v3 sensors were released I bought the kit that includes them and the link. A year or so ago I had got a free set of sensors and tried to use the system but the shot tracking itself was far from automatic and the UX was very annoying and needed lots of work to streamline adding shots and stuff.

With the new sensors and link, I had an almost identical experience. I could not have been less happy with the experience. The shot tracking still did not work well. With either the phone or the link, there is no audible or tactile response when the app picks up your shot. If you use your Apple Watch, you can set it to vibrate when it senses a shot but it absolutely kills your watch battery life.

When, not if, it misses your (many) shots, it is a pain to add shots and locations. I joke that all these people who say they dropped a certain amount of strokes because of Arccos is not because you actually got better, it's because Arccos just missed that many shots. I use an App called GolfPad GPS on my iPhone and it requires me to manually add shots. When I do this, it is 2 simple taps. Add shot and choose which club I use. Occasionally I will have to select the lie if it doesn't recognize if I'm in the bunker or anything. 

In the end, I realized that, Arccos just doesn't work well for me. I envy the people who seem to have a wonderful experience with Arccos because the info and insights it can provide seems amazing but it is too much of a distraction for me during the round. Your mileage will vary.

Driver: Callaway Paradym @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Odyssey AI One Jailbird Mini

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023, Titleist AVX

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

• 3 weeks later...

Traded in a few old drivers and FWs for a used Titleist 2 iron U510 utility iron with standard Black Hzardus Smoke Black 6.0 stiff shaft, 

in great shape and looking forward to trying it out on the range and course.  I still hit my 21 deg hybrid well too, so thinking that I may adjust the loft of the hybrid to get the right gapping for my bag.

Should be fun test of whether I can hit a 2 utility iron consistently well or not!

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User