TESTERS WANTED! ×

Anyone have insight on Arccos system?

I'm a single digit handicap and wondering if anyone has had a good experience with Arccos. Is the info/data useful for improving your game (accurate distances, tendencies, etc.)?

WITB:

Driver - TM M1 9.5* - Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S

4W - Callaway Epic Speed 16.5* - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0

3i - Titleist 716 Tmb - TT Dynamic Gold S200

4i-PW - Titleist 714 AP2 - TT Dynamic Gold S300

50*, 54*, 58* - Vokey SM8 - TT Dynamic Gold S200

Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo 5

7 minutes ago, bsmokgolf said:

I'm a single digit handicap and wondering if anyone has had a good experience with Arccos. Is the info/data useful for improving your game (accurate distances, tendencies, etc.)?

This would be a good place to start:  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

19 minutes ago, cnosil said:

This would be a good place to start:  

Awesome, thank you!

WITB:

Driver - TM M1 9.5* - Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S

4W - Callaway Epic Speed 16.5* - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0

3i - Titleist 716 Tmb - TT Dynamic Gold S200

4i-PW - Titleist 714 AP2 - TT Dynamic Gold S300

50*, 54*, 58* - Vokey SM8 - TT Dynamic Gold S200

Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo 5

I have never used the Arccos system, but have done some research trying to decide if it's a good product. I have found some positive and negative reviews/comments by reading forums and searching the internet. Here is a couple below. I would suggest doing your own search, but I decided to not purchase the product.

3.9 Total Rating
240 reviews

One Star

Completely Inaccurate and a Waste of Money8 months ago
I was given the Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors as a gift. I was excited to have a system that could track not only my scores for handicap purposes, but also provide actual club performance. Then reality hit. The sensors are not capable of tracking every shot automatically as advertised. You are instructed to download the Arccos app onto your cell phone, insert the sensors into the grip on each club and pair the sensors to the app on your phone. Before your first tees shot start the app which will find the course you’re playing and place your cell phone in your lead pocket (if you’re right-handed, place the phone in your front left pocket). Sounds good. No matter what position I placed the phone in my pocket (microphone up, down, facing forward, backward) or which pocket I ...
Tom from PA · Reviewed on golfgalaxy.com

Four Stars

Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors7 months ago

I received the sensor pack free of charge as art of the Ping promotion. With the price being right 😉 figured there was no downside. First thing I noticed, the sand shots recording are 50/50 at best. Since the sensor/phone depends on sound, the lack of an audible click in the sand seems to be a common problem resulting in the need for manual edit. The second thing I noticed is that after 7 rounds I used my Lob wedge 1 time. I thought i carried it for tall lip bunkers, but it turns out I just open up the SW. So now I rock a chipper, cause the app told me I wasn't all that consistent greenside with 7I-SW. it's changed the way I played the last 6 rounds for sure. Still getting used to it on fast greens, but it's a life saver when short sided. I replaced my old phone app with the arccos app, so the $99 wasn't a big issue. I wish they fixed the SW issue, but other than that this thing delivers on all promises. Rob W · Reviewed on arccosgolf.com

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I had them on my last set of Cobra F9 Speedback Irons. I had the same qualms with playing with my phone in my pocket (or link), shots out of the rough not being picked up, and it being completely useless for putting. It felt like a lot of fidgeting with your phone during a round that just enjoying golf. But those are annoyances that lots of people get over, not a deal breaker by any means. 

One thing that I think people don't mention though is that you have to do a lot of manipulation to the data for it to be relevant. It basically takes an average of your shots to suggest what you should hit. Mine was always thrown off from hitting non-stock shots. Sometimes I hit a full cut gap wedge 120, sometimes I hit a full knockdown 125, sometimes I hit a 3/4 knockdown 110. There is no way that Arccos can tell the difference between those shots as it just registers the average of those 3 shots to say you hit your gap wedge 118. And that's not completely inaccurate, but I think that most people who are single digit handicap already know those distances and can factor in wind/pin position, green firmness for rollout, etc to determine which club you need to hit.

Also if you ever use a mid iron to punch out from trees or something like they then it averages the 40 yard punch into your 175 yard normal 7 iron shot and you have to go back and delete.

I just felt like the cost of it and the amount of time I spent changing things on my phone mid-round were not really worth the information it was providing me. 

JK

Driver: Callaway Rogue

3W: Callaway Rogue

Hybrid: Callaway Apex

Irons: Callaway APEX 21

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore

Putter: PXG Hercules 

It helped me shave off about 5 strokes last year. It keeps it objective and lets you know where the spend your practice time 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I have 159 rounds using Arccos.  Using it with just a phone in my pocket was frustrating.  After I started using the Arccos Link, it became a much more positive experience. As others said check the Arccos group in the forum.  

Stay on Target!    94602_x-wing_512x512.png.e6fd366aa256fea54f342bdfaa860cb7.png

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0811X Gen 4 Driver

pxg-logo-freelogovectors.net_-400x400.png.fd7f603a83c91f76fed4c6245b967a52.png 0311XF Gen 5 Fairway 4 Wood

Maltby KE4 TC HyWay Utility Wood

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Irons (LW - 7)

image.png.471e92969c871a065786f650138fd517.pngEQ1-NX Single Length Hybrids (4, 5, 6)

image.png.0d2df83eb1bcf82eb1adec6302909991.png    MEZZ.1 Putter (2022 tester)

image.png.43257b3b93a88cb87b3dfc1ae39a025a.png  Tour Ball X

I used them for a full season last year. 
The biggest benefits are knowing what your yardages are and tracking your shots. The new app makes recommendations based on your shots and suggestions on what to work at. 
For the negatives, you did have to manipulate the data at the end but it really wasn’t that big of a deal. Also for the shot distances, you can go in after and exclude any shots where you hit half shots or miss-hits so they don’t get included in your average and club recommendations. I think after a while the information is redundant though. You eventually should learn or figure out where you are missing, what your yardages are and what you need to work on. 
I still think it’s a great system compared to some of the other free apps I’ve used and if you can get the sensors cheap or get second gen ones that don’t require a paid membership they are a great tool. 
I saw someone was going to send you some sensors. I think you should give them a try. 
cheers. 

Edited by biggerwoody6
Spelling mistake

Driver:    image.png.ec6bade2df98cb7d5aede4a0a4329936.png LTDx LS10.5* 

3-wood:     image.png.e14bdc3c2ba3ec551ce39db6a9b11f64.pngLTDx 15* 

3 hybrid:  image.png.deae3a77e572f8e9b997ebd84d5161eb.pngTsi3 20*

Irons:  image.png.2dc5bdb33664fa9386091c2cd26565eb.png P790 2019

Wedges:  image.png.a3b6eadd0d4a4bc5cae212cbb0ffc7c9.pngMG3 50* image.png.deae3a77e572f8e9b997ebd84d5161eb.pngSM8 54/10* and 58/14*

Putter:  image.png.d7e3e2224cccd34f343025e577e4854f.png Cadence TR Ketch

Backup:  image.png.c4263dd278ffabd32a9d6cda69b9a086.png Special Select Newport 2 w. BGT Tour 2 Polar Stability Shaft

Ball:  image.png.c7a2b0410b8d89600c1dc77e396be6d2.pngPro-V 1x 

image.png.d62838b5e53334be2104fce83c0a7973.png

I have had Arccos for a few years. Mine has worked very well. It does occasionally lose where it is for some reason necessitating revising the data for a hole or two. If I checked the info on my phone more regularly, I would probably catch it sooner. I don't find it a "turn on and forget it" experience yet but it is getting better. I also keep each club used on my scorecard to double-check when I'm done if there has been a problem.

I have a Link and agree that using it greatly improves the experience as having a phone in my pocket, while not a deal breaker, is less that ideal.

I also use my Apple watch and find the distance on it is very handy.

As a company, they have been very responsive in sending me new sensors when a couple have died inside the 2 year warranty. They also promptly sent me a new clip for my Link when I accidentally hooked the Link with a sweater while pulling it off and snapped it.

I find the data very useful for gapping and club selection (not for tournament play). I can't really point to it as having shaved strokes off but I like the data.

I'm near the end of my 2 year warranty period and will buy a new set of sensors when these start to go bad. I do recommend it to friends.

Hope that helps.

Driver:  :taylormade-small: M2 HL driver, Tensei CK 60 S shaft

3 Wood:  :taylormade-small: M1 3 wood, Kurokage 70FW S shaft

Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP-H5, KBS Tour 90 Stiff shafts, 2-PW

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: 51, 55 and 59 wedges

Putter: :edel-golf-1: mallet style putter with pixel insert

Balls:   Snell My Tour Ball

Bag: Snell stand bag

Right handed

HI,

Used Arccos since inception. And added Link when it was introduced.

I have to edit a lot of putts. I putt from off greens a lot. Plus my putts are slow and even thru stroke so sound/stroke often does not get picked up.

I also tend to sweep my fairway shots which leads to missed shots. Therefore Arccos is telling me to hit down on the ball. Step one in improving game.

Notwithstanding that I chip a lot with my 8 or 9 irons, I find that my yardages are accurate. I do have a gapping problem at 5/6 that has resisted being fixed. Could be age related.

Arccos system will show more benefit if you play a lot of different courses. Better shot planning.

Link system allows me to leave phone in cradle on cart. Easier to edit  shot on the fly. I have lost Link on course a few times and beenable to drive back to spot and find it by walking so spot identified in locate my Link app. Link has been run over by cart when I lost it once but still works even with a cracked shell.

Basically same cost as quality rangefinder but lot more benefits.

Arccos

Taylormade woods, Cleveland irons

I can't say enough about Arccos.  I've had my sensors for 2 season.  The amount of data provided is incredible.  The app has recently been updated and it focused heavily on putting.  Arccos is in this for the long haul as evidenced by the amount of OEMs putting them in grips.  The more data collect, the better the app becomes.

Arccos has helped me tremendously.  I recommend to all my friends/playing partners.

PXG Gen 4 Driver, 3W and 3H

PXG Gen 2 XF Irons 5-G

PXG Gen 2 54/58

PXG One and Done

:srixon-small: Q-Star 

:Arccos:

5 hours ago, jkimbrell0 said:

One thing that I think people don't mention though is that you have to do a lot of manipulation to the data for it to be relevant.

THIS!!!!  IN SPADES!!!!

I tried it for 4 months, and it was a COMPLETE waste of time.  I hit a driver into a 30 mph wind and it only goes 180 yds, and that affects your distance calculation.  Hit a driver 310 yds downwind, and it affects your distance calculation.  I have a 7-iron on uphill lie (added loft) to elevated green, and it gets to center of green at 125: I'm happy, but Arccos says my average for 7-iron drops.  Yes, I understand that I can eliminate these "outliers", and adjust the numbers, but that eliminates the whole point of using their system, TO AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT THE DATA!!!

I need to know what the distance each club is, and Arccos's number are completely unreliable!  I had do many "oultliers" that I could not trust the their numbers.  I know my numbers from time on driving ranges and simulators. When I have a shot, I need to factor yardage, lie, wind, and elevation, and Arccos gives bad info on one of them, and is useless on the others.  

I have them and am about 7 rounds in.  It takes a bit getting used to.  The putting isn’t the greatest and I need to check that it registered all the putts after each hole (this is common across all who have it).  

if others who have Arccos have played the course before you that day and pinned the flag then it is very accurate.  If they haven’t then you still need to use your rangefinder.  

it does provide strokes gained by everything from driving to putting and the data is great to look at and assess.  My handicap has dropped 3 strokes since I started using it, but I don’t think it is just because of it.  I think it is more because I am playing better.  The data tells you what you need to improve on…you likely know that already, but it really does drill down.  For example, it might say you need to improve your putting from 10ft out.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX

I may be in the minority, but my Arrcos was disappointing. I had the belt clip add-on that was supposed to make it more accurate and easier/more seamless to use, but it continued to miss shots. I inevitably gave up and went to taking notes after each hole.  I hope I truly am in the minority.

Be Better Than Yesterday!!!

I love using the ARCCOS system and am considering purchasing the Link so I don’t carry my phone. I like the data it gives me - yardages on clubs, tracking my score, etc. I know it misses a stroke occasionally, but that’s pretty easy to fix. I guess in reference to club/iron range I would say I trust the Arccos as much as any launch monitor. Just my 2 bits. 

John Stilson

Driver-G425 SFT

Hybrid-845 3h

Wood-Burner 2.0 3W

Irons-G425 5-9

Wedges-Vokey 50, 56, 60

On 5/1/2022 at 7:07 PM, bsmokgolf said:

Before you commit to ARRCOS you might want to compare the pros and cons to Shotscope which is a one time purchase vs. annual subscription. Definitely some differences - check out the Shotscope user group. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

16 hours ago, Shinnman said:

The data tells you what you need to improve on…you likely know that already, but it really does drill down.  For example, it might say you need to improve your putting from 10ft out.

The system pointing out specific things to practice was definitely my favorite part of Arccos. That is one place that these did really show me something very specific that I'm not necessarily thinking about.

I agree that, in most cases, good golfers know what their weaknesses are and can mostly caddy for themselves without needing the Arccos. It just depends on if you want that extra bit and don't mind the phone fiddling during round. 

JK

Driver: Callaway Rogue

3W: Callaway Rogue

Hybrid: Callaway Apex

Irons: Callaway APEX 21

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore

Putter: PXG Hercules 

I'm about 5 rounds into my Arccros experience.  I got my sensors for free with the purchase of a new ping driver and a 45 day free trial, so I figured why not. So far its been interesting and I think I like it. I have an apple watch with GPS so I don't have to carry my phone or a link. The watch is nice because you can set it up to give a buzz when it records a shot, so you get some immediate feedback if it is working.  The watch also will give you a front/mid/back yardage and also an adjusted yardage based upon conditions (lie/elevation change/wind/ etc.)

The putting is still a work in progress as the precision of the gps and the sound off the putter are sometimes inconsistent, but it's easy to fix as you go (if you don't mind fiddling with the phone in between holes). I sort of take the putting distances with a grain of salt and estimate the ranges by the nearest couple of feet.  In that way, it's probably not the most accurate, but I can get the idea.

The new beta information page is pretty great.  It gives an overall strokes gained (against a target HC) and then a driving, approach, short game and putting SG.  It's pretty robust and it seems to be automatically excluding "outlier" swings from my average distances.  I do suspect the club specific information will more or less become irrelevant as the data averages out (the sole exception is if you have a trend in lost/gained yardage).  However, it is nice to know where you are losing/gaining strokes compared to your target HC.  The suggestions of things to work on are nice, but some are sorta self-evident (i.e. don't drive out of bounds).  

Overall, I like it and will probably re-up for the remainder of the year.

Driver:  Ping 425LST 9*  (Aldila Rouge White 130) 

3 Wood: Sub70 Pro (13) (HZRDS Black 60)

3U: Sub70 (19.5) (True Temper Project X U) 

Irons: Sub70 699 Pro (5-Gap) (Dynamic Gold S300)

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54 and 58 (10S)  (Project X)

Putter: Some old green Nike Blade

Been playing with them, I see bad , ok and good comment all over the place, for me it's been a very good experience so far...

I got Ping G425 irons last year with arccos grip, bough the g425 driver and g425 3 wood this year too, got 5 wood cobra with the arccos grip too, my wedges got the free sensor I got with my ping purchase from last year, my putter have the putter sensor. On my wedges, sensor are screwed in and I taped them with electric tape, 0 trouble with loose sensor or anything. I also play with my phone in my front pocket.

The good:

No more scorecard, could have been a watch, another apps on the phone or anything else but for me its the best thing for sure. I play my game, finish my hole, add or adjust the number of putt after the hole, thats it, nothing else to do. You can even take mulligan from the same spot, won't record more than one shot.

Shot tracking up to the putter is almost flawless, I get around 1% of non recorded shot for the whole year. It work with light so if you take your club out when it's getting darker at the end of a day, leave the sensor close to your body, might not record the shot otherwise 0 trouble... having trouble recording shot with a specific club? just clean the sensor, most of the time it will solve the problem.

Gps have accurate data, it's not a range finder but will do the job just like any other gps out there.

Arccos caddie is usefull for some player... 

Club average distance after a few game are quite accurate. It will discard abnormal distance for your average. 

Tells you your tendencies, what to work on etc... Last year it told me I was 66% RIGHT, got fitted again, and now im only 33% RIGHT so far this year...

It also tells me I suck at putting, politely...

The Bad:

annual fee...

Putting stroke are hard to rely on, need to constantly adjust my number of putt at the end of a hole.

Can't search a ball in the woods/hazard with your club, will often add a shot. (You need to take your club out of the bag and cover the sensor with your hand for it not to record any stroke. (Could have been in the good category since you can't search for other player lost ball anymore...)

annual fee...

Honestly, it's worth a try if you like technology and stats...

Golf if the most conservative sport in the world, those type of sensor are gonna be standard in a few year, just like graphite shaft will eventually replace steel in all the irons. Younger generation are starting golf now and thing will change... hopefully price will drop on those grips and annual fees...

On 5/2/2022 at 7:08 PM, Cpoppy99 said:

I may be in the minority, but my Arrcos was disappointing. I had the belt clip add-on that was supposed to make it more accurate and easier/more seamless to use, but it continued to miss shots. I inevitably gave up and went to taking notes after each hole.  I hope I truly am in the minority.

Are you clipping to your left side if you are a righty?  

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my very recent experience and none of it was positive. When the new v3 sensors were released I bought the kit that includes them and the link. A year or so ago I had got a free set of sensors and tried to use the system but the shot tracking itself was far from automatic and the UX was very annoying and needed lots of work to streamline adding shots and stuff.

With the new sensors and link, I had an almost identical experience. I could not have been less happy with the experience. The shot tracking still did not work well. With either the phone or the link, there is no audible or tactile response when the app picks up your shot. If you use your Apple Watch, you can set it to vibrate when it senses a shot but it absolutely kills your watch battery life.

When, not if, it misses your (many) shots, it is a pain to add shots and locations. I joke that all these people who say they dropped a certain amount of strokes because of Arccos is not because you actually got better, it's because Arccos just missed that many shots. I use an App called GolfPad GPS on my iPhone and it requires me to manually add shots. When I do this, it is 2 simple taps. Add shot and choose which club I use. Occasionally I will have to select the lie if it doesn't recognize if I'm in the bunker or anything. 

In the end, I realized that, Arccos just doesn't work well for me. I envy the people who seem to have a wonderful experience with Arccos because the info and insights it can provide seems amazing but it is too much of a distraction for me during the round. Your mileage will vary.

Driver: Titleist TSr 2 @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Taylormade GT Max

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

I’m about 150 rounds in with arccos: put me in the “worth it” camp. Perception of my game vs the reality of my game are vastly different. I always considered myself(3 hndcp) a strong iron player and putter, and really bad with the driver. Across shows me that I lose all my strokes on approach. Turns out I drive like a scratch golfer, and have a mid-low cap short game. My putting is average for a 3 handicap. Using data to focus my practice is worth the subscription to me. I also find the caddie feature useful when trying to play into the wind.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

I just cancelled my Arccos subscription this month. I loved learning my actual/smart distances for each club, where my misses were on approach shots and overall stats. Using it at new courses was a huge help to see hole layouts and my favorite aspect of it was getting distances to hazards. What I disliked was that it missed a lot of shots, had a hard time discerning what was & was not a fairway or green in regulation requiring lots of after round manipulation. At the end of the day I was keeping score on a score card and on the app to make sure I was capturing all the data which became monotonous and I felt it was becoming more trouble than it was worth. YMMV.

Edited by Headhammer

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

15 minutes ago, Headhammer said:

I just cancelled my Arccos subscription this month. I loved learning my actual/smart distances for each club, where my misses were on approach shots and overall stats. Using it at new courses was a huge help to see hole layouts and my favorite aspect of it was getting distances to hazards. What I disliked was that it missed a lot of shots, had a hard time discerning what was & was not a fairway or green in regulation requiring lots of after round manipulation. At the end of the day I was keeping score on a score card and on the app to make sure I was capturing all the data which became monotonous and I felt it was becoming more trouble than it was worth. YMMV.

How do you spell ARRCOS relief? It's spelled Shotscope 😁

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 5 weeks later...

I received a set of Arccos sensors for the cost of shipping and then I think it's 3 months free subscription. Had my first round with them on yesterday. Set up seemed easy, course was somewhat easy but you do need to make sure you are on the correct course. I played Heron Lakes Great Blue and it put me on Greenback. Took me two holes  to figure that part out and another hole to figure out how to swap courses. Then my score was messed up either by my mistake for swapping courses or there not being an option for it. 

The really frustrating thing is my wife and I both use the Grint. She couldn't get hers loaded up, so I was trying to get hers setup along with trying to learn the Arccos system and having to tell her 5 times I wasn't using Grint this day. Pulled my focus away from my shots. 

I like the idea of the Arccos system and will leave them on the rest of the summer to see how it goes. I did have to go in this morning and fix my score. I haven't figured out just yet how to put in penalty strokes ( I had more than usual 5). This was frustrating to do, but once I found the clicks and steps if was ok. 

I do like that it shows each hole and the shots. I am not sue this will be good for my ego. I am usually longer than my playing partners and have plenty of drives over 300, but after one round I am not where I thought I was in distance. Could be a big shot to the nut sack. 

If someone has an easy to load in penalty shots during play please share. 

One more really cool thing is the GPS system seemed to pick up the pin locations and was within a couple yards of my rangefinder. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

5 hours ago, JFish350 said:

I received a set of Arccos sensors for the cost of shipping and then I think it's 3 months free subscription. Had my first round with them on yesterday. Set up seemed easy, course was somewhat easy but you do need to make sure you are on the correct course. I played Heron Lakes Great Blue and it put me on Greenback. Took me two holes  to figure that part out and another hole to figure out how to swap courses. Then my score was messed up either by my mistake for swapping courses or there not being an option for it. 

The really frustrating thing is my wife and I both use the Grint. She couldn't get hers loaded up, so I was trying to get hers setup along with trying to learn the Arccos system and having to tell her 5 times I wasn't using Grint this day. Pulled my focus away from my shots. 

I like the idea of the Arccos system and will leave them on the rest of the summer to see how it goes. I did have to go in this morning and fix my score. I haven't figured out just yet how to put in penalty strokes ( I had more than usual 5). This was frustrating to do, but once I found the clicks and steps if was ok. 

I do like that it shows each hole and the shots. I am not sue this will be good for my ego. I am usually longer than my playing partners and have plenty of drives over 300, but after one round I am not where I thought I was in distance. Could be a big shot to the nut sack. 

If someone has an easy to load in penalty shots during play please share. 

One more really cool thing is the GPS system seemed to pick up the pin locations and was within a couple yards of my rangefinder. 

There is an ARRCOS user group that can help with questions. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart