Wells Fargo Championship - 2022

fixyurdivot

A course that most pros hated before the renovation in 2008. Only events I remember being there after hat was the quicken loans 4-5 years ago. Don’t recall hearing anything from the pros good or bad.

The parts of the course I saw when I did a pxg fitting a few years back had some of the rolling fairways we see in courses in that part of Maryland. There were some tight holes

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

It's nice seeing Fowler back near the top. Starting off a little wobbly today, hope he keeps the wheels on 😬.  The course, with help from the weather, certainly seems to be playing tough - projected cut at even or -1 as things stand now.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

This is a Mother's Day weekend she will never forget ...  Gregory Odom's First PGA Tour Event

• Like 2

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

For me Rory is the face of golf and has been since the 2011 masters despite the ups and downs he’s had. Truly magnificent to watch. I hope he does well this week & we can start to see what we saw at the end of the 19 season again

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Did they suspend/DQ Sergio for his anti PGA tour comments yet?

Bite your tongue... he's on my FTx team and should make the weekend. 😆

• Like 1

So I hadn't gotten fully spooled up on this latest buzz about Sergio. Sergio Garcia Lets Loose After Lost Ball: 'I Can't Wait to Leave This Tour' - Morning Read (si.com)

Not very surprising to me.  He like a handful of others seem like they are in the primo point in their careers to "cash in"... while they can.  With their window of opportunities on the main tour quickly closing, and bonus bucks being offered by LIV, I suspect others are thinking what Sergio blurted out in frustration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

So I hadn't gotten fully spooled up on this latest buzz about Sergio. Sergio Garcia Lets Loose After Lost Ball: 'I Can't Wait to Leave This Tour' - Morning Read (si.com)

Not very surprising to me.  He like a handful of others seem like they are in the primo point in their careers to "cash in"... while they can.  With their window of opportunities on the main tour quickly closing, and bonus bucks being offered by LIV, I suspect others are thinking what Sergio blurted out in frustration.

It is definitely an interesting dynamic;  does the tour "suspend" all the players that have submitted applications to play?  If there are big name players involved what will the short and long term impact be to the PGA tour?   While we will know some of the names soon,  I think it will be close to a year before it all settles out.  Success or failure of the LIV tour will have to be shown before the PGA tour will have to make a significant move.   

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2,

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

It is definitely an interesting dynamic;  does the tour "suspend" all the players that have submitted applications to play?  If there are big name players involved what will the short and long term impact be to the PGA tour?   While we will know some of the names soon,  I think it will be close to a year before it all settles out.  Success or failure of the LIV tour will have to be shown before the PGA tour will have to make a significant move.   

Asking for just an exemption I don’t think they would suspend them but if they are denied the exemption and play in the Saudi league then yes.

There’s big names rumored already with Sergio, Poulter, Westwood, Bubba, Fleetwood and some other Euros. While they are all big names none of them really are contenders week in and week out on the PGA tour. I don’t see these guys not being on tour having any negative impact. 

If would take the likes of Bryson, DJ, Rahm, Morikawa, Rory, JT leaving to have an impact

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Watching the early coverage on ESPN+ and the British Open has come to Maryland.  

i can’t believe they are still able to play.  We’ve had over 2” of rain since yesterday. 

They had to dramatically improve the course drainage during the remodel. There is no way the old course would have help up.   Looks like they will get it all in by Sunday at this rate  

Pulling for Denny McCarthy a local kid who played HS golf just a few miles from Avenel.   Also of course pulling for JDay as I’ve told the story many times about him and my pro am experience many years ago.  Plus Chad Ramey as another media acquaintance played with him in the Pro Am.  Said he was a great guy snd lot of fun  

Also pulling for Rickie and Wolfe  of course.  So many great stories  

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Talk about bad weather. So much Raina me water in the course right now. It is kind of cool to see that their are still more patrons than I would have guessed there today 

• Like 1

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

28 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Watching the early coverage on ESPN+ and the British Open has come to Maryland.  

i can’t believe they are still able to play.  We’ve had over 2” of rain since yesterday. 

They had to dramatically improve the course drainage during the remodel. There is no way the old course would have help up.   Looks like they will get it all in by Sunday at this rate  

Pulling for Denny McCarthy a local kid who played HS golf just a few miles from Avenel.   Also of course pulling for JDay as I’ve told the story many times about him and my pro am experience many years ago.  Plus Chad Ramey as another media acquaintance played with him in the Pro Am.  Said he was a great guy snd lot of fun  

Also pulling for Rickie and Wolfe  of course.  So many great stories  

IMG_7484.MOV

Lots of wet areas for sure.  I'd venture to say there aren't many courses that would even be playable after 2 inches of rain.  Almost every shot off the deck is a splash... yuck. I personally hate playing in rain 🤮.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Talk about bad weather. So much Raina me water in the course right now. It is kind of cool to see that their are still more patrons than I would have guessed there today 

Yeah. Us Marylanders are use to lousy spring weather, so it’s no big deal 😬

I’m kinda enjoying watching them deal with the rain and cold.  We haven’t seen much I’d it in the British Open lately.  It’s like 50 degrees here today with 15 to 20 mph winds.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Lots of wet areas for sure.  I'd venture to say there aren't many courses that would even be playable after 2 inches of rain.  Almost every shot off the deck is a splash... yuck. I personally hate playing in rain 🤮.

I was supposed to play in an  AM Tour event today at one of our courses.  I encouraged our Super to close the course so I didn’t have to cancel and lose part of my registration.  Ha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t know if anyone saw the early coverage.  But on the 610 yard par 5 2nd hole.  Many of them were having 195 to 205 in for their THIRD shot.  Driver was going about 230 and their FW were going 185 to 195.   

I think it was Luke list who had the shortest in around 150 and he hit 7 iron. 😳

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah. Us Marylanders are use to lousy spring weather, so it’s no big deal 😬

I’m kinda enjoying watching them deal with the rain and cold.  We haven’t seen much I’d it in the British Open lately.  It’s like 50 degrees here today with 15 to 20 mph winds.  

Having lived in Puget Sound for 30 years I played in "the soup" but opted not to as much as possible. The only times I've injured myself playing golf is playing in the rain; wrenched my back losing my footing on a swing, and broke my left ring finger on a punch out 4i when my grip slipped.  Considering how little they pay me to play this game, no thanks. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keegan's post round interview was telling about conditions... "I used my 7i from 140 yards" 😲.  And Jason Day posting a 79... ouch 😖.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Keegan's post round interview was telling about conditions... "I used my 7i from 140 yards" 😲.  And Jason Day posting a 79... ouch 😖.

7 iron 140.  Thats almost my game.  As bad as it was. I think the leaders caught a break the last 9 holes.  It “let up” quite a bit from what it was when the first wave went out.

Rory quietly sitting there at -2.   Could he make it interesting tomorrow!

Here’s the forecast for tomorrow.  No rain expected.  But I can tell you 50 degrees here with no sun and wind, will not be fun.  But obviously the greens will be soft, so there could be some low rounds.

2E409364-F32D-438C-A5E2-76079F9D6A55.png

• Like 2

I attended the Kemper Open when it was played here and I played it in the mid-nineties and was shocked that it was designated a TPC course. I believe it's been remodeled twice since then and watching it on TV it doesn't even resemble the same course.

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Though I'm neutral as a fan of Jason Day, it was very sad to see him collapse like that, I thought maybe he'd finally get another tour win after a 4 year drought - especially after his health and Mom challenges. Brutal weather, changes who's competitive and not, some players have experience with that kind of weather and some don't. I think today's DC forecast is still cold & breezy, but less rain if any.

It's always sad to watch formerly great players who run into issues with their game - Day, Speith, Fowler, Schauffele, Fleetwood, etc. Some come out of it like Speith, others may not.

• Like 3
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Adidas Codechaos, FJ DryJoys