Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

The Return of Rickie

TCUfrog

No the flat-bill, and orange head to toe circa 2010 isn't coming back, but Rickie has announced a full calendar for May as he tries to March on for his PGA Tour Comeback

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 10.5, Motore X F1 60 X-Stiff

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 14, Motore X F1 60 Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro, 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105

:taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60, SB - Black

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #7

Vice Golf Pro Plus

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

I miss seeing Rickie in contention.   Unfortunately, it seems that he's become distracted to the point where it impacted his game.  Once doubt creeps in, it's a slippery slope that difficult to overcome.  The game is better with the likes of Rickie Fowler in it.   I wish him all the best and will be routing for him.

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

I like Rickie Fowler, but the drought has been long. 

This wasn't the first time Fowler's portfolio and visibility became part of the conversation. "We had a big conversation at the end of the year last year, and he didn't like it," Butch Harmon, his former swing coach, told Sky Sports in 2017. "I said, 'You gotta decide, are you going to be a Kardashian or are you going to be a golf pro?"

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/31023949/what-happened-rickie-fowler

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

With the help of a LOT of luck on #6 today, he's only 3 shots off the lead.  The question becomes will he have that blow-up hole that he seems to always have or can he string 4 good rounds together?  

Looks like he's growing his hair out in a mullet like Cam Smith.  I guess he needs to change something up.  I wish him more luck like he had today; maybe a few good bounces will give him his confidence back.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I am rooting for him, alway have. I hope to see him climb to the top.

• Driver: Taylormade Stealth 9* 
  • Woods: Cobra LTDx 14.5*
  • Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 3 Hybrid
  • Irons: Taylormade P770 4-PW
  • Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 60* and 56*, SM8 50*
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select 1.5

• 2 weeks later...

Rickie is such a great ambassador but his game has dropped off and it seems that his option to remain in professional golf may not be on the PGA tour. I fear his opportunity to remain a professional is with LIV Golf.

8F5064AB-1D7E-431D-868F-4F6C58785986.jpeg.15dd6ac7c69b980a85085f721304f0e4.jpeg

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

As much as I like RF, in the world of today's pro tour and even though he has won a boat load of $$$, his swing is just not consistent enough to win with any regularity. In addition, he seemingly does not focus on golf, at least the way someone who wants to win should be. Now granted, he may be more than content with his situation in life and that burning desire to work your butt off is just no longer relevant. Perhaps it's just me but I just hate to see anyone with talent for the game, at the highest level, just mosey on down the road with that "oh well" attitude. Another big time player also comes to mind, but he had other serious demons to contend with, but that's another story. I have to agree with Butch Harmon's assessment - Pro golfer or Kardashian..........

Edited by ballhawk

Total Callaway bag - except putter

1 hour ago, MattWillGolf said:

Rickie is such a great ambassador but his game has dropped off and it seems that his option to remain in professional golf may not be on the PGA tour. I fear his opportunity to remain a professional is with LIV Golf.

8F5064AB-1D7E-431D-868F-4F6C58785986.jpeg.15dd6ac7c69b980a85085f721304f0e4.jpeg

I was sad to see this quote. Of course I haven’t seen the full context of it, but if he’s considering leaving the PGA tour that sucks. I’ve always enjoyed rooting for him and for a comeback, but it seems that train has passed. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I was sad to see this quote. Of course I haven’t seen the full context of it, but if he’s considering leaving the PGA tour that sucks. I’ve always enjoyed rooting for him and for a comeback, but it seems that train has passed. 

Not sure it is him considering playing in LIV more saying it is if course an option. 

The unfortunate thing is he has really struggled and it isn't even about him winning anymore, it is if he can make a cut (Wolff the same way). Spieth went through it and has come out strong, so hopefully Fowler can do the same. However if you cm are struggling to make cuts a no cut event is certainly more appealing. 

In the end anyone who joins LIV is going to have to ask the question what will it cost, what is the gain? Sponsors? Will they stay or go. Family time, 8 events, guaranteed money... That sounds good. Will those winnings out weigh the potential loss in sponsors. Then the whole if you can play in certain majors and other PGA events afterwards.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The unfortunate thing is he has really struggled and it isn't even about him winning anymore, it is if he can make a cut (Wolff the same way). Spieth went through it and has come out strong, so hopefully Fowler can do the same. However if you cm are struggling to make cuts a no cut event is certainly more appealing. 

It seems like he has made a LOT of swing changes over recent years and has had a lot of difficulties staying consistent. It must be a really tough mindset to be in, to know you can do it but keep trying ways to get back that don't always work out and then jumping to the next to try and maintain. Even when he's not winning or even in the top 20 of an event, he's still a strong ambassador for the game and the kids still love him. That's something that's still very important as the game hopes to skew younger.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

11 hours ago, ballhawk said:

As much as I like RF, in the world of today's pro tour and even though he has won a boat load of $$$, his swing is just not consistent enough to win with any regularity. In addition, he seemingly does not focus on golf, at least the way someone who wants to win should be. Now granted, he may be more than content with his situation in life and that burning desire to work your butt off is just no longer relevant. Perhaps it's just me but I just hate to see anyone with talent for the game, at the highest level, just mosey on down the road with that "oh well" attitude. Another big time player also comes to mind, but he had other serious demons to contend with, but that's another story. I have to agree with Butch Harmon's assessment - Pro golfer or Kardashian..........

His swing is pretty consistent. His swing is pretty flat and as a result if he has a bad day with timing he’s prone to two way miss which is consistent with anyone that has a flat swing and gets stuck. He has also lost his putting stroke which at one point he was one of the better putters on tour. With that part of the game being a weakness now he’s unable to make good and consistent scores. He also recently found out he had eye issues which he’s addressed and why you see him wearing glasses on the course now.

Hes just not as good tee to green as the best in the world right now. 

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

It seems like he has made a LOT of swing changes over recent years and has had a lot of difficulties staying consistent. It must be a really tough mindset to be in, to know you can do it but keep trying ways to get back that don't always work out and then jumping to the next to try and maintain. Even when he's not winning or even in the top 20 of an event, he's still a strong ambassador for the game and the kids still love him. That's something that's still very important as the game hopes to skew younger.

He has done some swing changes trying to get away from ring as flat as he was. This was something him and ****** worked on. He’s gone back to more of his original swing, which when he’s swing fine he can drive the ball well and play good irons, but he’s prone to two way miss or lots of hooks. As mentioned above he had more issues with putting than his swing and this is what has caused the majority of his bad play. Plus the eye issues he had.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Fowlers made over $40 mil on the tour. Even through a bad stretch Fowler made $1,401,055 in PGA Tour earnings in the last 12 months. Im sure his sponsorships have dwindled but he used to make 10 mil a year. The Cobra deal was pretty long term, TM pix ball, rocket mortgage, etc. His house is probably worth 20 mil on a beautiful lake in Florida with a huge golf practice area in the back. He has a fantastic car collection. His wife is gorgeous. He has one daughter now. I dont blame him at all if he's sort of floating through collecting checks, spending time with his family, and enjoying his beautiful life. 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

On 5/20/2022 at 1:08 PM, scooterhd2 said:

Fowlers made over $40 mil on the tour. Even through a bad stretch Fowler made $1,401,055 in PGA Tour earnings in the last 12 months. Im sure his sponsorships have dwindled but he used to make 10 mil a year. The Cobra deal was pretty long term, TM pix ball, rocket mortgage, etc. His house is probably worth 20 mil on a beautiful lake in Florida with a huge golf practice area in the back. He has a fantastic car collection. His wife is gorgeous. He has one daughter now. I dont blame him at all if he's sort of floating through collecting checks, spending time with his family, and enjoying his beautiful life. 

This is what I was eluding too in the "LIV Moving Forward" thread.  Rickie is among a pretty healthy handful of mid career, well known players who have somewhat flatlined in performance and find the Shark Tour's BIG $$$ offerings very enticing.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

• 2 weeks later...

It has been reported this afternoon that Rickie Fowler has agreed to join the LIV tour.   As much as I like Rickie (we actually share the last name), I can't help feel this is another struggling golfer taking a money grab.  Why have to fix what's wrong with your game (physical, mental, etc.) when you can get paid up front to join, make the cut at every event and get paid again independent on how you play. 

Somehow this feels like an adult verson of everyone gets a trophy!  

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

1 hour ago, Golf2Much said:

It has been reported this afternoon that Rickie Fowler has agreed to join the LIV tour.   As much as I like Rickie (we actually share the last name), I can't help feel this is another struggling golfer taking a money grab.  Why have to fix what's wrong with your game (physical, mental, etc.) when you can get paid up front to join, make the cut at every event and get paid again independent on how you play. 

Somehow this feels like an adult verson of everyone gets a trophy!  

Rickie was always going to be a streaky player. His swing is flat and when his timing is off he has blow up holes. Then add on top of that some injuries over the last few years that messes up his seasons along with losing his putting stroke and you have a top level player that falls down the rankings. With the depth of field currently on the tour his chances of winning are slim and his chances of climbing back inside the top 125 just as slim.

I don’t think it’s a participation trophy type thing. 3 days of tourney golf is better than 4, no cuts so you get all 3 rounds guaranteed and smaller fields so the rounds are going to be shorter. For guys in the 30s and 40s who are on the tail end of success on the best tour this makes complete sense for them, it’s guaranteed money. Not saying I condone the league or what they are doing but anyone on here who wouldn’t take more money for doing their job is lying 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Just now, RickyBobby_PR said:

Rickie was always going to be a streaky player. His swing is flat and when his timing is off he has blow up holes. Then add on top of that some injuries over the last few years that messes up his seasons along with losing his putting stroke and you have a top level player that falls down the rankings. With the depth of field currently on the tour his chances of winning are slim and his chances of climbing back inside the top 125 just as slim.

I don’t think it’s a participation trophy type thing. 3 days of tourney golf is better than 4, no cuts so you get all 3 rounds guaranteed and smaller fields so the rounds are going to be shorter. For guys in the 30s and 40s who are on the tail end of success on the best tour this makes complete sense for them, it’s guaranteed money. Not saying I condone the league or what they are doing but anyone on here who wouldn’t take more money for doing their job is lying 

Do you think it is the flat to steeper that gets him?  From what I can tell he baseball backswings it with a axe chop downswing… obviously that is an exaggeration.  Am I just seeing things.  It def. looks flat to steep to me.

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Do you think it is the flat to steeper that gets him?  From what I can tell he baseball backswings it with a axe chop downswing… obviously that is an exaggeration.  Am I just seeing things.  It def. looks flat to steep to me.

Yes. The shaft can’t get any flatter so it has to steepen (I’ve been there myself when I first stated taken lessons). The steeper shaft then has to shallow at some point which is where good players end up getting stuck and the body has to stall and let the club, arms and hands catch up. When the timing of this gets off the two way miss becomes prevalent. 

Shauheen Nakhjahvi (spelling) actually did a video on what happens with early or late shallowing not that long ago too.

2 hours ago, LICC said:

Most people I know would not, under similar circumstances that we are discussing here.

Give them money that changes their lives and they won’t be saying no. Everyone says they won’t until they are actually presented with that money

8 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Give them money that changes their lives and they won’t be saying no. Everyone says they won’t until they are actually presented with that money

Totally this. Unlike Tiger, those who opted to play with the LIV tour, have no legacy to protect. And if you continue your lavish style, money is going to be tight. We all have a price...

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

2 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

Totally this. Unlike Tiger, those who opted to play with the LIV tour, have no legacy to protect. And if you continue your lavish style, money is going to be tight. We all have a price...

I will gladly fill the vacancies on any of the tours where guys jumped ship.  Wouldn’t even care if I ever made a cut, in fact I probably wouldn’t but I would provide some laughs.  Get me a sweet deal with Russel Athletic, and Top Flight… set for life.

9 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

None of the Tour players who are going to LIV are going to drastically change their lives. And almost all the top players turned it down. Most people won’t destroy their conscience for money, but a few will. 

16 minutes ago, LICC said:

None of the Tour players who are going to LIV are going to drastically change their lives. And almost all the top players turned it down. Most people won’t destroy their conscience for money, but a few will. 

Dj is getting $125 million that changes his life as well as his families life.

Rickie has earned $40million on the course. Don’t know what his deal is but let’s say is $80million based on DJs contract and Phil’s $200million. He just doubled his gross earnings with it having to worry about making cuts and getting paid. He also doesn’t have to play nearly as much for that money and he gets to spend more time with his family.

Guys like Poulter, Westwood, Garcia are all at the end of their careers, their potential earning opportunities are dwindling and they are all still relatively young, so even for them the payout to join is going to change their lives some.

Ill say it again anyone that denies they would pass up more money to do their job and especially once it’s going to be money that changes their lives is lying. Typing it on a keyboard or telling their friends they wouldn’t is putting up a fake front to look morally good and superior 

1 hour ago, LICC said:

If you honestly believe your last sentence, I suggest you read Will & Ariel Durant's "The Story of Civilization".  The history of man is overloaded with people destroying far more than their conscious for money (or other non-monetary gain). 

Specific to Fowler, it sounds like he's considering playing LIV events but I've not seen any official press release... though a couple are sure making it sound like he's leaving the PGA.  Yet another fascinating aspect of all this Shark Tour on-going's will be the endorsements.  Could be some opportunities for new contracts and faces on Callaway, TM, Cobra/Puma, Adidas, etc. But then, what if LIV beats the odds and gets traction? 🤔  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Dj is getting $125 million that changes his life as well as his families life.

Rickie has earned $40million on the course. Don’t know what his deal is but let’s say is $80million based on DJs contract and Phil’s $200million. He just doubled his gross earnings with it having to worry about making cuts and getting paid. He also doesn’t have to play nearly as much for that money and he gets to spend more time with his family.

Guys like Poulter, Westwood, Garcia are all at the end of their careers, their potential earning opportunities are dwindling and they are all still relatively young, so even for them the payout to join is going to change their lives some.

Ill say it again anyone that denies they would pass up more money to do their job and especially once it’s going to be money that changes their lives is lying. Typing it on a keyboard or telling their friends they wouldn’t is putting up a fake front to look morally good and superior 

You are trying to compare apples and oranges. Let’s say that $125 mil is over 5 years. DJ would probably make at least half that staying with what he is doing. Add all the money he has already made. The is isn’t taking a guy making $100k a year and making him an immediate multimillionaire. It’s taking someone already incredibly wealthy and making him more incredibly wealthy. His lifestyle isn’t going to change that tremendously. 

44 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

If you honestly believe your last sentence, I suggest you read Will & Ariel Durant's "The Story of Civilization".  The history of man is overloaded with people destroying far more than their conscious for money (or other non-monetary gain).

The best evidence we have is that all the top players had the LIV opportunity, and only one, along with a few lower level or past their prime players, decided to do it. 

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

So all the PGA Tour players who have not joined LIV are "lying." Many/most of them could conceivably make much more and work less...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

I for one am sad to see Rickie going to LIV but on the other hand given his performance the past couple of years I could rationize why he did it. On the other hand it won't improve his shame - he'll just get more money for playing the same. 

p.s. I could care less about DJ going there or Phil for that matter. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, Middler said:

So all the PGA Tour players who have not joined LIV are "lying." Many/most of them could conceivably make much more and work less...

100%

Humans in general don’t speak up or go against the flow. Professional athletes even more so and especially in todays cancel culture. Listen to their interviews, they are cookie cutter answers and rarely does anyone speak out of line other than an occasional Rory interview or Phil.

They all saw the Phil fiasco, they arent going to jeopardize their name for speaking out. Many are just waiting in the wings to see what happens with the LIV tour 

1 hour ago, Middler said:

I think you have made two declaratives that conflict with each other.  To say "all" in the first sentence and then "many/most" in the second makes the two statements conflict with each other.  I think that had it been "many/most" in both would have been more accurate.  Tiger would not have been lying to say that he didn't need to join LIV to keep up his current lifestyle (like Jordan he will make endorsement money long after he retires competitively).  There are probably a few others who would lose out in the in long run on endorsements by taking a quick payday today (think 20 something rising stars and 30 something established stars).  So in my humble opinion to say "all" are lying is a bit off.

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 10.5 degree ALTA CB 55 RED STIFF
Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 3 & 5
Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 4 & 5
Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra FLYXL 6 - P w/ Mitsubishi Rayon KURO KAGE Black Parallel Graphite Iron Shaft STIFF
Wedges: :edel-golf-1: Edel SMS 50, 54, 58 degree with KBS STIFF 2g/8g/10g Weight Setup
Putter: :odyssey-small: Odyssey Stroke Lab 7 Putter w/ Graphite & Steel Shaft and Pistol Grip
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Bridgestone Tour B X
GPS: :ShotScope: Shot Scope V3 w/ Trackers 

"You don't HAVE to go play golf, you GET to go play golf." 

- Harvey Penick

All I'll say is if I'm Rickie, sign me up for LIV. I can ride the wave of instant cashflow for however long it lasts while continuing to work on my game and (likely) go back to the tour later.

At present, it's highly unlikely Rickie will gain much of anything by staying on tour. Yes, there might be some consequences for going to LIV - being ineligible for Ryder Cups likely tops the list - but those consequences are largely a moot point given recent performance. At most, he might lose a few sponsors and the "fans" who already take issue with Rickie's tour record will continue to tout him as an overrated player - just the same if he doesn't jump ship.

Whatever he decides, I'll still watch and keep my fingers crossed for a return to form.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour