TESTERS WANTED! ×

Iron Fitting, Indoor vs Outdoor Difference

39 minutes ago, JohnDoglas said:

Someone to answer me?

Any golf store has quality equipment. Places like 2ndswing, golf galaxy, Callaway preowned, pga superstore all sell quality used equipment. There’s and entire internet full of places that sell quality brand name equipment 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 5/3/2022 at 4:14 PM, JohnSmalls said:

This video came up on my recommended list and with the title I had to give it a watch.  In Crossfield manner, it provided an interesting and potentially controversial take.  I need to give it another watch, but in short, it covers the variation between ball performance numbers (launch/spin/distance) from hitting irons indoor off of synthetic turf vs. outdoor and real grass.  Ultimately, the question begs does an indoor iron fitting give a misconception or an incomplete fit because of a potential change in numbers?

Have any of you noticed a drastic difference from your fitting results to on course performance?   Did it lead to a bad experience and/or buyers regret? 

I've been fit for irons on a mat and it was fine. Having said that, I went into a fitting planning on getting new irons. So, for me it wasn't about total distance or total dispersion. It was all about relative distance and dispersion comparing different options. 

If you want to compare how "good" certain clubs are compared to your usual gamers, well then you need to do apples to apples. But if you are going to buy new clubs getting fit for them on a mat is fine. Possibly better in that you remove at least one or more variables. 

1 hour ago, JohnDoglas said:

Someone to answer me?

Dude, you are off topic. 

You should start a new thread to discuss your question. 

I got a bag full of Cobras.... Well, not the putter... yet.

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Any golf store has quality equipment. Places like 2ndswing, golf galaxy, Callaway preowned, pga superstore all sell quality used equipment. There’s and entire internet full of places that sell quality brand name equipment 

Thanks to you for the recommendations.