moving to miami fl … golf suggestions please!

moving from california to miami fl in a few months. i know florida has great golf but miami doesn’t seem to have as many options as other parts of the state. i’d love to hear some suggestions for finding great golf that’s not super expensive for regular play purposes. especially looking for good practice areas not connected to a country club. if I have to, i’ll consider a country club if they are golf focused and don’t come with status symbol member fees. thanks for any input.

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King Speedzone
X{3|19} ______ Callaway XR
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex cf16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM7 
W{54|58} _____ Callaway MD Forged 
P ____________ SeeMore mFGP2

There are plenty of public golf course's north of there .West Palm, Stuart, Port St. Lucie, there more affordable but a bit of a drive.

• Like 2

love playing golf ,live in The villages area,Fl.

I'm on the other coast of Florida but have family and friends stretching from Palm Beach Gardens to Port St. Lucie.  The golf there is great and very affordable.  Do you have to be in Miami proper?  If you can commute and be about half an hour to an hour north there are almost limitless options.

• Like 3

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Still on that elusive hunt for a 3 wood that I'm able to hit - I don't know why, I crush the 5 wood and it's really a 4 wood anyway. 

I lived in Jupiter for 9 years and played plenty up the SE coast.

In Miami, Miccosukee is probably one of the better public options.

There are plenty more if you head north into Lauderdale and Deerfield Beach.

PM me if you have any questions and safe travels.

• Like 1
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Official 1/12 testers for 2022 L.A.B. Golf Putters

Western, NY

5.8 Index

17 hours ago, revkev said:

I'm on the other coast of Florida but have family and friends stretching from Palm Beach Gardens to Port St. Lucie.  The golf there is great and very affordable.  Do you have to be in Miami proper?  If you can commute and be about half an hour to an hour north there are almost limitless options.

my partner is took a job in miami near University Park, so i would like her commute to be as short as possible. but that definitely limits our housing options. we are looking in broward country as well, as that area seems to have a lot more cool outdoor activities available, including golf, which fits our lifestyle. so we’ll just have to see how the housing search goes. thanks for the information.

• Like 1

D       ______ Ping G400

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM7 

15 hours ago, bens197 said:

I lived in Jupiter for 9 years and played plenty up the SE coast.

In Miami, Miccosukee is probably one of the better public options.

There are plenty more if you head north into Lauderdale and Deerfield Beach.

PM me if you have any questions and safe travels.

Miccosukee is now saved in maps for me. thanks so much for the suggestion. 

• Like 2

D       ______ Ping G400

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM7 

• 3 weeks later...

When you're checking out various communities to live, look into the municipal courses that might be available.  For example, Plantation (about 30 miles from Miami and just off the highway) has a great course, Plantation Preserve Golf Course that has discounts for town residents (per round and annual memberships).  I've played it and it's a very nice course. 

• Like 1
Ping G400 SFT with a Matrix MFS 5 Korean Prototype Senior shaft, 12 degrees
Callaway Epic Flash 15 degree 3 wood, with a stock Project X Evenflow 45 grams senior shaft.  
Calloway Epic GBB Epic 20 degree Heaven Wood, with a stock Diamana 40 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G hybrid 5 (26 degrees) with stock Alta 70 gram senior shafts.
Ping G30 irons 6-W, Yellow dot with graphite Fujikura EXS 60i R2-Flex shafts
Edison wedges:  50 degrees, 55 degrees and 60 degrees, 2 degrees up with KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  New Evnroll ER10 Outback

16 hours ago, Golf2Much said:

When you're checking out various communities to live, look into the municipal courses that might be available.  For example, Plantation (about 30 miles from Miami and just off the highway) has a great course, Plantation Preserve Golf Course that has discounts for town residents (per round and annual memberships).  I've played it and it's a very nice course. 

Looks nice. Also jacaranda next door. Even though we’ll probably be south of that, because it’s on the highway it’s a reasonable amount  of time in the car. Thanks! At some point I may need some key west recommendations from you as well. I was there as a child but that was almost 30 years ago. Can’t wait to drive those ocean bridges again. 

D       ______ Ping G400

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM7 

6 hours ago, ryan.mzzz said:

Looks nice. Also jacaranda next door. Even though we’ll probably be south of that, because it’s on the highway it’s a reasonable amount  of time in the car. Thanks! At some point I may need some key west recommendations from you as well. I was there as a child but that was almost 30 years ago. Can’t wait to drive those ocean bridges again. 

I've played both.  Jacaranda is semi-private, but you can get on it.  I think they have two courses available there.  As far as Key West goes, let me know.   Here the golf is somewhat limited.  One course on the next key up.  It's a Ree Jones course that's very narrow, has small greens with false fronts and wind conditions often make the course challenging.  Message me when you get settled and I'll send you a bunch of recommendations.  I hope the move goes well!

• Like 1
Ping G400 SFT with a Matrix MFS 5 Korean Prototype Senior shaft, 12 degrees
Callaway Epic Flash 15 degree 3 wood, with a stock Project X Evenflow 45 grams senior shaft.  
Calloway Epic GBB Epic 20 degree Heaven Wood, with a stock Diamana 40 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G hybrid 5 (26 degrees) with stock Alta 70 gram senior shafts.
Ping G30 irons 6-W, Yellow dot with graphite Fujikura EXS 60i R2-Flex shafts
Edison wedges:  50 degrees, 55 degrees and 60 degrees, 2 degrees up with KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  New Evnroll ER10 Outback