TESTERS WANTED! ×

Trying to get friend back into golf

On 5/28/2022 at 7:10 AM, Goober said:

Just a follow up. We went out last week as a two some. And had a spectacular time. Played just a ho hum public course. I know many may have read my original post in this thread and think it was odd. But this does happen on any golf course in the world. Never bothered me, but it does offend many many others. I think many just like to boast  their ego and have this entitlement above others. I don’t get it really… but maybe at my age I don’t get a lot anyways. Maybe I was just born in a different era 

A member on here messaged me and his post made sense to me. Next time it happens tell the group or individual get the F out of here. And if they refuse take out my club and start swinging. Honestly what would they do ? Not sure if that is really radical .. but a private message I received on here . What do you think ? Made me laugh anyways. But In todays world this could and probably did happen 

That’s great news! This may not fit your friend outrightly, but how well you do in golf, or how much enjoyment you get out of it, is based almost entirely on One’s mental state during the round. For new/returning golfers, I would imagine that the typical amount of pressures is doubled, or at least more emphasized. If your game isn’t up to snuff, know that it needs work and don’t have shame about that. Not towards yourself, or others. Focus on the small wins..”Maybe I banana-sliced it into Mrs. Keller’s yard for the 47th time, but at least her ferocious dog was too busy chowing down on a small helpless rodent-like creature, so I was able to retrieve my ball this time around 😅..Plus, she does have quite the bosom for a woman of her age, so that’s pretty great..”

Tune out the other negative factors and BS. To me, golf is about quieting those day-to-day concerns/fears just long enough to hear that tranquil sound of hearing a ball dripping into the bottom of a cup. Personally, I get the feeling that your friend needs Golf more than he knows things. Hope things work out!

Edited by Survivor740

“They call it golf because all the other four letter words were taken.”

‒ Raymond Flyod

On 6/12/2022 at 5:25 PM, Survivor740 said:

That’s great news! This may not fit your friend outrightly, but how well you do in golf, or how much enjoyment you get out of it, is based almost entirely on One’s mental state during the round. For new/returning golfers, I would imagine that the typical amount of pressures is doubled, or at least more emphasized. If your game isn’t up to snuff, know that it needs work and don’t have shame about that. Not towards yourself, or others. Focus on the small wins..”Maybe I banana-sliced it into Mrs. Keller’s yard for the 47th time, but at least her ferocious dog was too busy chowing down on a small helpless rodent-like creature, so I was able to retrieve my ball this time around 😅..Plus, she does have quite the bosom for a woman of her age, so that’s pretty great..”

Tune out the other negative factors and BS. To me, golf is about quieting those day-to-day concerns/fears just long enough to hear that tranquil sound of hearing a ball dripping into the bottom of a cup. Personally, I get the feeling that your friend needs Golf more than he knows things. Hope things work out!

Well said. Golf is just a piece of barren/ undeveloped land with a few sticks in the ground that we hit to. That is golf in a nutshell really. He is really great all around gentleman. And I hate when people break down others in blue collar versus white collar. For me that is so degrading.