Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Giga Golfs New Addition

ballhawk

Giga Golf has a new iron offering and i'll try to get some info for reviewing.

I've played their clubs and they are good sticks at very affordable prices, plus great CS. Just thought I'd let you guys know these are now available.

Edited by ballhawk

Total Callaway bag - except putter

That’s a great-looking iron, and the deal is pretty incredible for a full set, even with upgraded shafts/grips, it's sub-500. I've never heard of them, but that's not too much of a surprise - not super familiar with the DTC offerings outside of Sub-70/Takomo/etc. 

Anyone played these or any of their other offerings?

-Swanson

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

I noticed that the other day. GigaGolf was my brand when I came back to the game in 2017. Once I saw the prices of new clubs I knew I had to find a more reasonable alternative. They did me well for a few years but they hardly ever introduce new offerings, so it is good to see they finally have added a new iron.

PXG 0211 12° driver w/Project X Cypher R flex  shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 16° 4 wood w/Kuro Kage Black 60g shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC HyWay 21° utilitywood w/Maltby MPF shaft
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 22° 4 hybrid w/UST Proforce V2 Black shaft

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg KE4 TC 25° 5 hybrid w/Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue shaft

Lazrus 27° 6 hybrid w/Lazrus  graphite shaft
PXG 0211DC irons 7-PW w/Project X Cypher graphite shafts

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50° wedge

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411.jpg M-Series+ 56° wedge w/UST Recoil 660 graphite shaft
:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Bean putter

Giga Golf was the first set of clubs that I purchased brand new back in 2009.  I played with them until I upgraded to Mizuno in 2017.  As tehuti stated, Giga Golf hasn't updated their clubs in a very long time.  They used to be a great deal but with so many DTC manufacturers Giga is now just one company of many.  However, the m410s do look nice. 

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

They look nice but maybe a little chunky. Chunky isn't a bad thing though. Hard to beat the price for assembled clubs. $350 for 4-P is a great deal and even makes Maltby's new offerings look expensive at $449. I don't know a lot about the TT Feather Flight shaft but I'm sure it's comparable in performance to the TT LT Score shafts that Golfworks puts in their standard Maltby Paks. Being able to add TT DG shafts for only $12/club is also a good deal. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2022 at 11:59 AM, Samsonite said:

That’s a great-looking iron, and the deal is pretty incredible for a full set, even with upgraded shafts/grips, it's sub-500. I've never heard of them, but that's not too much of a surprise - not super familiar with the DTC offerings outside of Sub-70/Takomo/etc. 

Anyone played these or any of their other offerings?

-Swanson

I have a set of their Reva "hybrid irons". I like them. They look real good, and are of good quality. And they are about half the price of the Cleveland Laucher Halo clubs. I have had no issues in last 2 seasons playing about 12-13 rounds. They feel good in the swing, and for me with my 80 mph swing speed, they work well. Get's the ball up from just about any lie. Don't need to swing hard, or fast to get good distance. I am a high handicapper, but with these, its going to drop. You do need to buy the covers they offer on the site, to keep them from getting chipped up. They fit better in a larger cart bag, with individual spaces for each club. Took about a week to get them 2 years ago, and you have your choice of shafts, grips, length, some are upcharges, some are standard. Will be in my bag for awhile. I get some good looks on the course with people I play with...

Driver-Ping g410 SFT, 3W-Callaway Diablo Octane, Hybrids-Snake Eyes Viper 18*+ 21*, Irons-GigaGolf Reva Hybrid Irons 24*- 46*, Wedges-Cleveland CBX2's 50*54*58*, Putter-Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11c

I played a set of Giga's TRX Ion Control irons for about 8 years when I first started playing again, no complaints.  In fact still have 3W, 2H, and 3H that I still use in my present set of clubs.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 12:05 PM, tehuti said:

I noticed that the other day. GigaGolf was my brand when I came back to the game in 2017. Once I saw the prices of new clubs I knew I had to find a more reasonable alternative. They did me well for a few years but they hardly ever introduce new offerings, so it is good to see they finally have added a new iron.

I too used Giga clubs when I got back into the game about 7 years ago. Used their single length for a season or 2. No doubt they're a good value for what they are.. which I think you and I fit their demographic at one time. As my game progressed though, I just found my taste looking for something more refined and that's what lead me to Maltby. Maltby seems to release more models more often and appear to be up to speed on more current tech and design. You definitely get what you pay for with both companies though. Giga are great for beginners or returning golfers who might not be ready for a complete investment in a golf set. Maltby are great for beginners through scratch and offer a lineup with top notch design and finish quality and a pricetag far better than the big names. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I bought their 54 SW and 58 LW forged cavity back wedges with upgraded DG S300 shafts about 2 years ago and still use them. They are solid and just as good as any other wedge. 

WITB

Ping 425 10.5 driver - Srixon F85 3 wood - 2015 TM 5 wood - Callaway 4 hybrid  - Ping G425 irons  5 thru LW  

2016 Odyssey 2 ball putter and Kirkland K1 Putter  - Snell MTB-x ball