TESTERS WANTED! ร—

Favorite Driver Shafts of All Time ๐Ÿ

Iโ€™ve tried a lot of shafts over the last few years but I remember my favorite combo was the original Rogue 125 Tour x in a 915D2 head. I tried the rogue 125 in more recent but it wasnโ€™t as good. It is very interesting that shaft very much needs to pair with a head to be most effective. Typically what will fit my swing is a low launch low spin and currently went back to something I played good golf with last year in the Ventus 6TX black. Works very well in the triple diamond head. LAGP AXS blue 6x is an awesome shaft too. Shafts may be the most fun to try if all golf equipment in my opinionย 

Driver:ย :titelist-small:ย TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small:ย TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8Xย 

Hybrid: ย :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:ย ย :taylormade-small:ย P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges:ย :vokey-small:ย SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small:ย Pro V1X Left Dash

The Proforce v2 was a really nice shaft for me.ย  Also since I've used ventus over the past 2 and half years it definitely seems to help limit the large misses.

Driver:ย ย image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid:ย :titelist-small:ย TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybridย :titelist-small:ย 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -ย ย :titelist-small:ย T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:ย ย :titelist-small:ย T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:ย ย :titelist-small:ย Vokey SM6 49*ย  SM8 54*ย 

Lob Wedge: ย image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:ย  ย :scotty-small:ย Phantom 5.5 34"ย  ย  ย ย Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"ย  ย  ย  Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

On 5/8/2022 at 1:50 AM, Jldillard1 said:

Just like the title says. Your favorite driver shafts ever. Which magical unicorn shaft is your personal GOAT

MATRIX OZIKย TP6HDe was my all-time favorite (I also used and really liked the TP7HDe in a driver for about two years and still have a couple of them in adapters).

My current favorite driver shaft is the Fujikura Ventus Blue TR with VeloCore.ย  I like the smooth feel of the standard Verntus Blue with a stiffer tip section which is closer to the Ventus Black and the Ventus Blue TR gives me this.

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

5 hours ago, juspoole said:

The Proforce v2 was a really nice shaft for me.ย  Also since I've used ventus over the past 2 and half years it definitely seems to help limit the large misses.

ย 

... Shafts are just so interesting. Perforce was another shaft that didn't work for me after a fitting and custom install one Pilot Season in LA. Such a hot shaft at the time but too stout for a smooth swinger and went back to a YS6.ย 

... Several shafts that did work really well for me were the GD CP-02, Matrix Code 6, UFO 2.2 and Fujikura SIX. All shafts with a kick and the opposite of the popular Proforce and ProLite 35.ย 

Driver: ย  ย ย :taylormade-small:ย  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway: ย :cobra-small:ย Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:ย ย :ping-small:ย  ย  ย  430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hyย 
ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย :taylormade-small:ย ย DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65rย 
Irons:ย  ย  ย  ย :titleist-small:ย  ย  ย  ย ย ย '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:ย ย :taylormade-small:ย Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:ย  ย  ย :cobra-small:ย  Sport-60 33"ย 
Ball:ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย Maxfli ย  ย ย Maxfli Tour

5 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

MATRIX OZIKย TP6HDe was my all-time favorite (I also used and really liked the TP7HDe in a driver for about two years and still have a couple of them in adapters).

ย 

ย 

... Hey Doug, do you remember the name of the Thermo Plastic shaft that was so hot and then disappeared? Gray shaft that had a ton of kick but I just can't remember the name.ย 

Irons:ย  ย  ย  ย :titleist-small:ย  ย  ย  ย ย ย '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r

5 minutes ago, jlukes said:

ย 

... Awesome thanks! That is the shaft and I hit my longest drive ever using the Reactor LT.ย 

All time fav was the real deal Fuji 757 Speeder that TM matched with the R510 TP. Heavy, low torque, low spin.ย 

Mizuno Pro Model E Tour AD VR 5

Callaway XR 3W 15* 565 Speederย 

Ping G30 5W 18* 757 Speeder

Hogan Apex 99 blades 4-E, KBS Tour CT Limited

Hogan VKTR 21* hybridย 
Hogan EQ wedges. 50*, 56*.ย 
SC Newport 1.5
Snell MTBX

Gamed a lot of cool stuff over the years

Hybrex - This actually stayed in my fairway wood a long!

1-s2.0-S0034361708703369-fx3.jpg.ba87297f9425833d57a009bb0fdaa293.jpg

Stulz - Took a while to get the right flex but when I did it performed pretty consistently. Ultimately one of my customers begged and gave me too good an offer to pass up to buy it from me.ย 

s-l1600.jpg.b3e36ea900eba851efcefe755579cf31.jpg

Accuflex Evolution - Loved this one in my Callaway FT-3

51JYHOcg4ML._AC_SX679_.jpg.2a0a382d3c5df229e77325696d1fe89c.jpg

ย 

ย 

But I still game some Matrix OZIK shafts (the Apache versions, not LA GOLF) and I still game some original Project X and Rifle Spinners shafts back from when they were made by Royal Precision. I ended up buying a bunch of Matrix shafts before I closed my shop for my own stash. Also my Rifle Spinners just keep moving to my wedges when I replace them.ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Everardo

2 hours ago, chisag said:

ย 

ย 

... Hey Doug, do you remember the name of the Thermo Plastic shaft that was so hot and then disappeared? Gray shaft that had a ton of kick but I just can't remember the name.ย 

Sam, you are not referring to the SWIX shafts, are you? ย Edit: I see that someone has already answered your question, and itโ€™s the Phoenixx shaft.

There was one classic shaft that I absolutely loved, and I still have one sitting in my shop unused but it would be far too stiff for me these days. That is the Innovative UFO 2.2 shaft. I think that those shafts weighed between 83 and 88 grams, depending on flex, which would be very heavy for use in a driver head by todayโ€™s standards. I actually used a UFO 2.2 shaft (stiff flex) at full bore depth in a Titleist 975D and a 983K driver.

Edited by funkyjudge

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Spoiler

8 hours ago, juspoole said:

Love the 2nd version of this, not the yellow/purple but the first time they did black/yellow. Still in my Srixon Z-RW driver and in rcent head-to-head with some newer drivers, it performs pretty well.ย 

On 5/9/2022 at 5:07 AM, bens197 said:

Oh my...There are several...

The GOAT in my opinion is the Grafalloy ProLite 35...The first premium shaft that paved the way for the Speeder, Diamana BB and others. ย This shaft in a Callaway Great Big Bertha was pure. ย I loved that setup.

As far as my favorite ever...man...This Tensei 1K white is a contender...

ย 

ย 

I'd say the Blue was the one that paved the way (I still have the Blue CompNT Proto in a 3-wood) but the Speeder 757 is probably THE GOAT in terms of popularity and history. Ventus may very well take over.ย 

2 minutes ago, Everardo said:

Love the 2nd version of this, not the yellow/purple but the first time they did black/yellow. Still in my Srixon Z-RW driver and in rcent head-to-head with some newer drivers, it performs pretty well.ย 

I have one of those 2nd-generation ProForce V2 shafts in a driver and another heavier one in a 4-wood.

Bags - Vessel

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

There was one classic shaft that I absolutely loved, and I still have one sitting in my shop unused but it would be far too stiff for me these days. That is the Innovative UFO 2.2 shaft. I think that those shafts weighed between 83 and 88 grams, depending on flex, which would be very heavy for use in a driver head by todayโ€™s standards. I actually used a UFO 2.2 shaft (stiff flex) at full bore depth in a Titleist 975D and a 983K driver.

ย 

... ๐Ÿค—ย ย I think we both raved about the UFO on the all politics all the time forum and I mentioned it in a post above.ย 

33 minutes ago, Everardo said:

the Speeder 757 is probably THE GOAT in terms of popularity and history. Ventus may very well take over.

ย 

... One of my first experiences was with forum golfers that had, shall we say and overly optimistic opinion of their abilities? He had a Speeder 757 in S-Flex and wanted to know if I thought he should pull it and tip it or keep playing it straight in. We had an outing soon and I put him in my group to watch him play and give him a recommendation. I was more than a little shocked to see a weak fade that never carried 200yds. He was "working with a new swing thought" and this was not his normal swing, but of course it was. As delicately as I could I told him not to tip the 757 and "just for comparison sake" he should try a YS6 to see what a higher trajectory might look like .. you know, just for a comparison. I really didn't have the heart to tell him that shaft was waaaaaay too stiff, too stout and a horrible fit for an over the top badly in need of lessons golf swing.ย 

... Otoh one of my long time playing pards just killed the 757 and played it in his drivers for many years.ย 

28 minutes ago, chisag said:

ย 

... One of my first experiences was with forum golfers that had, shall we say and overly optimistic opinion of their abilities? He had a Speeder 757 in S-Flex and wanted to know if I thought he should pull it and tip it or keep playing it straight in. We had an outing soon and I put him in my group to watch him play and give him a recommendation. I was more than a little shocked to see a weak fade that never carried 200yds. He was "working with a new swing thought" and this was not his normal swing, but of course it was. As delicately as I could I told him not to tip the 757 and "just for comparison sake" he should try a YS6 to see what a higher trajectory might look like .. you know, just for a comparison. I really didn't have the heart to tell him that shaft was waaaaaay to stiff, too stout and a horrible fit for an over the top poor golf swing.ย 

... Otoh one of my long time playing pards just killed the 757 and played it in his drivers for many years.ย 

I probably know that other โ€œforum golferโ€.

Bags - Vessel

Spoiler

4 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

I probably know that other โ€œforum golferโ€.

ย 

... Really good guy and I enjoyed playing with him, just oblivious to his abilities.ย 

OP here.

I am a sucker for Diamana D+ shafts now. They have been such a good fit for me as far as feel and low/low combo. I also have had a couple clubs in HS with the ProLauch Blue which I loved! I had a UST AvixCore shaft in a Nike SQ Dymo at 8.5ยฐ. That combo went miles and cut through the north Texas wind I had to play through.

• 2 weeks later...

2014 Motore Speeder.ย  Such a good shaft - whip crack feel with stability.ย  Still gaming the 757 in my 3w.

Driver:ย Cobra LTDxย @ 8* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo Tour Spec

3w: Taylormade SLDR TS 14* w/ Speeder 757

3hy: Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* w/ KBS Hybridย 

Irons (4-P):ย ZX5/ZX7 combo w/Modus 120

Wedge: Vokey SM8 50-08F, 54-10S, 58-08M w/ DG S200

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B-XS

On 5/13/2022 at 5:50 PM, chisag said:

ย 

... One of my first experiences was with forum golfers that had, shall we say and overly optimistic opinion of their abilities? He had a Speeder 757 in S-Flex and wanted to know if I thought he should pull it and tip it or keep playing it straight in.

I chuckled reading this.ย  This was very reminiscent of my experience with the Grafalloy Blue 65S.ย  This when I first started trying out non-stock driver shafts.ย  For the longest time, I could not hit the ball higher than 3 stories high.ย  That shaft always felt quite boardy and frankly I never had enough clubhead speed to play that badboy.

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Mitsubishi Diamana A'hina 70 stiff
Callaway XR 3 wood 15* - Project X LZ 50 stiff (stock shaft)
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 Hybrid Tour 18.5 (set to 19*) - Rocketfuel 80 Stiff (stock shaft)
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4 Hybrid 23* - Aldila Tour Green Stiff (stock shaft)
Mizuno MP25 5-PW - NS950 Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM6 52/56/60 - Stock Wedge Shaft
Odyssey O-Works Red 1WS with Iomic Grip
Taylormade TP5x

Penley ETA. Not a โ€œcommonโ€ shaft, but this was my favorite by far, at that point in time.

ย 

Reside in Roseville, California

ย 

Driver: :srixon-small:ย ZX-5 MK2 LS. Riptide LX, TX

3-Wood: :taylormade-small:ย Stealth (15*), Riptide X-Stiff

Hybrid: :ping-small:ย G400ย 2H 17 Deg, ย Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ, X-stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:ย JPX 921 HMP 4-iron, Proj X Lz

:mizuno-small:ย Pro 225,ย 5-GW, Nippon Modus 115

Wedge: :titelist-small:ย SM8 54 deg, 10 bounce, &ย SM7 58 deg, 8 bounce, DG X100

Wedge: :wilson-small:ย FG PMP 62 deg, 07 bounce, KBS X-Stiff,ย 

Flat Stick: ย :ping-small:ย G2 Answer

On 5/13/2022 at 2:33 PM, Everardo said:

There are days that I think about swapping out my Motore X F1 6X for the V2 Black f5X ($65 from Golfworks). I had the f4-S black in a Cobra F8+ head a few years back and it just ripped! So consistent, so smooth, but a powerhouse!ย 

ย  ย PXGย 0311 Gen 5 9ยฐ/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:ย ย F6 3 Wood 14*ย / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small:ย F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small:ย RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpgย TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpgย ย TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:ย ย EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0ย 

MAXFLIย  Tour CG

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Currently playing a Callaway Epic Subzero driver. On a whim in December 2020 I bought a Steadfast stiff driver shaft. I can honestly say I am thoroughly impressed with how much more consistent I am, plus longer as compared to the stock April's Rogue Max shaft. For $75 it was a gamble that paid off big time!

Titleist TSi3 driver, 9.5 Tensei AV Raw White Stiff

Titleist TSi2 3 wood Tensei AV Raw White Stiff

Mizuno 2018 CLK 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-7 iron, MMC 8-PW

Mizuno T-20 50 deg gap wedge

Callaway Jaws 54 and 58 deg wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab One putter

6 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

There are days that I think about swapping out my Motore X F1 6X for the V2 Black f5X ($65 from Golfworks). I had the f4-S black in a Cobra F8+ head a few years back and it just ripped! So consistent, so smooth, but a powerhouse!ย 

Thought of doing the same, removing it from the Srixon driver since it's not worth much anyways, installing a tip on it and repurposing it.....as I type this I think I just decided to do that haha

2 minutes ago, Everardo said:

Thought of doing the same, removing it from the Srixon driver since it's not worth much anyways, installing a tip on it and repurposing it.....as I type this I think I just decided to do that haha

Don't get me wrong, the Motore X F1 is a GREAT shaft that I might even say is one of my faves.. but now that my SS has increased and my driver consistency is much improved, I just wonder what the V2 would do in my Mizzy ST-Z. The ST-Z head is a lights out better performer than the F8+ was.ย 

On another note, I did take the Motore X F3 6s that came with my ST-Z, tip trimmed it 2" and stuck it in my Cobra 3 wood and that things just magic. I may have pre-meditated that move before I bought the driver being that I already had the F1 already to plug into the ST-Z.ย 

ย  ย PXGย 0311 Gen 5 9ยฐ/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:ย ย F6 3 Wood 14*ย / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small:ย F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small:ย RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpgย TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpgย ย TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:ย ย EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0ย 

MAXFLIย  Tour CG

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Diamona S+ LTD Blue Board 70 (Driver). Fitted for me at Titleist Performance Institute, Oceanside.

Edited by HDTVMAN

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5ยฐ w/Fujikura Ventus TR

Ping G425 Max 5-7-9 Fairway Woods w/Ping Alta CB

Ping G425 Irons 5-U w/Ping Alta CB (Power-Spec Lofts)

Ping 4.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54ยฐ-58ยฐ w/Recoil SmacWrap

Ping Redwood ZB Putter w/PP58

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Wrap Mid-Size Grips