Favorite Driver Shafts of All Time 🐐

Jldillard1

8 hours ago, juspoole said:

The Proforce v2 was a really nice shaft for me.  Also since I've used ventus over the past 2 and half years it definitely seems to help limit the large misses.

Love the 2nd version of this, not the yellow/purple but the first time they did black/yellow. Still in my Srixon Z-RW driver and in rcent head-to-head with some newer drivers, it performs pretty well. 

On 5/9/2022 at 5:07 AM, bens197 said:

Oh my...There are several...

The GOAT in my opinion is the Grafalloy ProLite 35...The first premium shaft that paved the way for the Speeder, Diamana BB and others.  This shaft in a Callaway Great Big Bertha was pure.  I loved that setup.

As far as my favorite ever...man...This Tensei 1K white is a contender...

I'd say the Blue was the one that paved the way (I still have the Blue CompNT Proto in a 3-wood) but the Speeder 757 is probably THE GOAT in terms of popularity and history. Ventus may very well take over. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Everardo said:

Love the 2nd version of this, not the yellow/purple but the first time they did black/yellow. Still in my Srixon Z-RW driver and in rcent head-to-head with some newer drivers, it performs pretty well. 

I have one of those 2nd-generation ProForce V2 shafts in a driver and another heavier one in a 4-wood.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G425 Max, 9*, Miyazaki  Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 6S, 44.75" playing length

4-Wood: Titleist TS2, 16.5*, Miyazaki Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 7S, 42.75" playing length

5/7-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero set to 20* loft; Tensei Blue 75-S, 41.5" playing length

Hybrids: Exotics EXS Pro (22*), Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 75S

Irons: Exotics EXS220 5-iron and New Level MODB-1 (6-iron through PW), KBS TGI Tour 80 (stiff) shafts

Wedges: New Hogan Equalizer wedges (48* and 56* + Maltby TSW Forged 52-8, all bent 1* weak

Putter: Evnroll ER2, 34”with Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTBx

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

There was one classic shaft that I absolutely loved, and I still have one sitting in my shop unused but it would be far too stiff for me these days. That is the Innovative UFO 2.2 shaft. I think that those shafts weighed between 83 and 88 grams, depending on flex, which would be very heavy for use in a driver head by today’s standards. I actually used a UFO 2.2 shaft (stiff flex) at full bore depth in a Titleist 975D and a 983K driver.

... 🤗  I think we both raved about the UFO on the all politics all the time forum and I mentioned it in a post above. 

• Like 1

Driver:     :cobra-small: LTDx 10.5* ... LinQ M40X 6F3
Fairway:  :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 15/16.5/18* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
Utility:      :taylormade-small: UDi 18* ... Even Flow Black 85R
                 :taylormade-small: DHy 19* ... Diamana Ltd 65R
                  :taylormade-small: Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Ltd 75R
Irons:        :cobra-small: 4-Pw MIM Tour ... Steelfiber i95R
Wedges:   :taylormade-small: MG3 50*/MG3 58* LB ... Steelfiber i95R
Putter:      :cleveland-small: Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:           :taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour '22/TP5x '21

33 minutes ago, Everardo said:

the Speeder 757 is probably THE GOAT in terms of popularity and history. Ventus may very well take over.

... One of my first experiences was with forum golfers that had, shall we say and overly optimistic opinion of their abilities? He had a Speeder 757 in S-Flex and wanted to know if I thought he should pull it and tip it or keep playing it straight in. We had an outing soon and I put him in my group to watch him play and give him a recommendation. I was more than a little shocked to see a weak fade that never carried 200yds. He was "working with a new swing thought" and this was not his normal swing, but of course it was. As delicately as I could I told him not to tip the 757 and "just for comparison sake" he should try a YS6 to see what a higher trajectory might look like .. you know, just for a comparison. I really didn't have the heart to tell him that shaft was waaaaaay too stiff, too stout and a horrible fit for an over the top badly in need of lessons golf swing. 

... Otoh one of my long time playing pards just killed the 757 and played it in his drivers for many years. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, chisag said:

... One of my first experiences was with forum golfers that had, shall we say and overly optimistic opinion of their abilities? He had a Speeder 757 in S-Flex and wanted to know if I thought he should pull it and tip it or keep playing it straight in. We had an outing soon and I put him in my group to watch him play and give him a recommendation. I was more than a little shocked to see a weak fade that never carried 200yds. He was "working with a new swing thought" and this was not his normal swing, but of course it was. As delicately as I could I told him not to tip the 757 and "just for comparison sake" he should try a YS6 to see what a higher trajectory might look like .. you know, just for a comparison. I really didn't have the heart to tell him that shaft was waaaaaay to stiff, too stout and a horrible fit for an over the top poor golf swing. 

... Otoh one of my long time playing pards just killed the 757 and played it in his drivers for many years. 

I probably know that other “forum golfer”.

• Haha 2

Driver: Ping G425 Max, 9*, Miyazaki  Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 6S, 44.75" playing length

4-Wood: Titleist TS2, 16.5*, Miyazaki Kuala Mizu Tour Issue 7S, 42.75" playing length

5/7-Wood: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero set to 20* loft; Tensei Blue 75-S, 41.5" playing length

Hybrids: Exotics EXS Pro (22*), Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 75S

Irons: Exotics EXS220 5-iron and New Level MODB-1 (6-iron through PW), KBS TGI Tour 80 (stiff) shafts

Wedges: New Hogan Equalizer wedges (48* and 56* + Maltby TSW Forged 52-8, all bent 1* weak

Putter: Evnroll ER2, 34”with Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTBx

Spoiler

4 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

I probably know that other “forum golfer”.

... Really good guy and I enjoyed playing with him, just oblivious to his abilities. 

• Like 1

OP here.

I am a sucker for Diamana D+ shafts now. They have been such a good fit for me as far as feel and low/low combo. I also have had a couple clubs in HS with the ProLauch Blue which I loved! I had a UST AvixCore shaft in a Nike SQ Dymo at 8.5°. That combo went miles and cut through the north Texas wind I had to play through.

• Like 2

Autoflex by far for me. For a conventional shaft I would say Graffalloy Pro Launch. Both are high launchers but Autoflex is much more forgiving and longer. 

• 2 weeks later...

2014 Motore Speeder.  Such a good shaft - whip crack feel with stability.  Still gaming the 757 in my 3w.

Driver: Cobra LTDx @ 8* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo III 661x

3w: Taylormade SLDR TS 14* w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder 757

3hy: Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* w/ KBS Hybrid 

Irons (4-P): Mizuno MP-18 MMC w/Modus 120

Wedge: Vokey SM8 50-08F, 54-10S, 58-08M Raw w/ DG S200

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B-XS

On 5/13/2022 at 5:50 PM, chisag said:

... One of my first experiences was with forum golfers that had, shall we say and overly optimistic opinion of their abilities? He had a Speeder 757 in S-Flex and wanted to know if I thought he should pull it and tip it or keep playing it straight in.

I chuckled reading this.  This was very reminiscent of my experience with the Grafalloy Blue 65S.  This when I first started trying out non-stock driver shafts.  For the longest time, I could not hit the ball higher than 3 stories high.  That shaft always felt quite boardy and frankly I never had enough clubhead speed to play that badboy.

• Like 1

Penley ETA. Not a “common” shaft, but this was my favorite by far, at that point in time.

Reside in Roseville, California

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX-5, Haz Riptide X-stiff

3-Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 3wd Fuji Atmos X-Stiff

Hybrid: :ping-small: G400 2H 17 Deg, Stock Ping shaft X-stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX HMP 4-g, Proj X Lz 

Wedge: :titelist-small: SM7 54 deg, 10 bounce, & SM7 58 deg, 8 bounce, DG X100

Wedge: :wilson-small: FG PMP 62 deg, 07 bounce, KBS X-Stiff, 

Flat Stick: :taylormade-small: Spider X, copper 

On 5/8/2022 at 1:50 AM, Jldillard1 said:

Just like the title says. Your favorite driver shafts ever. Which magical unicorn shaft is your personal GOAT

MFS white tie, 55 gram, everything about it I like

On 5/13/2022 at 2:33 PM, Everardo said:

There are days that I think about swapping out my Motore X F1 6X for the V2 Black f5X ($65 from Golfworks). I had the f4-S black in a Cobra F8+ head a few years back and it just ripped! So consistent, so smooth, but a powerhouse! 

• Like 1

:mizuno-small: STZ 10.5* / Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
:callaway-logo-1: RAZR X Muscleback Irons/FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedges - 50/6 + 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Currently playing a Callaway Epic Subzero driver. On a whim in December 2020 I bought a Steadfast stiff driver shaft. I can honestly say I am thoroughly impressed with how much more consistent I am, plus longer as compared to the stock April's Rogue Max shaft. For $75 it was a gamble that paid off big time!

Callaway Epic SZ 9.5 degree driver

Callaway Epic 3 wood

Mizuno 2018 CLK 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-7 iron, MMC 8-PW

Mizuno T-20 50 deg gap wedge

Callaway Jaws 54 and 58 deg wedges

Ping Sigma G Wolverine T putter

6 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

There are days that I think about swapping out my Motore X F1 6X for the V2 Black f5X ($65 from Golfworks). I had the f4-S black in a Cobra F8+ head a few years back and it just ripped! So consistent, so smooth, but a powerhouse! 

Thought of doing the same, removing it from the Srixon driver since it's not worth much anyways, installing a tip on it and repurposing it.....as I type this I think I just decided to do that haha

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Everardo said:

Thought of doing the same, removing it from the Srixon driver since it's not worth much anyways, installing a tip on it and repurposing it.....as I type this I think I just decided to do that haha

Don't get me wrong, the Motore X F1 is a GREAT shaft that I might even say is one of my faves.. but now that my SS has increased and my driver consistency is much improved, I just wonder what the V2 would do in my Mizzy ST-Z. The ST-Z head is a lights out better performer than the F8+ was. 

On another note, I did take the Motore X F3 6s that came with my ST-Z, tip trimmed it 2" and stuck it in my Cobra 3 wood and that things just magic. I may have pre-meditated that move before I bought the driver being that I already had the F1 already to plug into the ST-Z. 

• Like 1

:mizuno-small: STZ 10.5* / Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
:callaway-logo-1: RAZR X Muscleback Irons/FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedges - 50/6 + 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX is the GOAT, in my opinion, being exceptionally stable; delivering really consistent performance; and providing excellent distance, flight, and feel.

Posted (edited)

Diamona S+ LTD Blue Board 70 (Driver). Fitted for me at Titleist Performance Institute, Oceanside.

Edited by HDTVMAN

Certified Club Fitter.

Ping G425 Max Driver 10.5° w/Diamona S+ LTD Blue-Board 70 R Flex

Ping G410 5 Fairway Wood Mitsubishi Tensi Orange R Flex

Ping G410 4-5-6 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi Blue R Flex

Ping i500 Irons 5-U w/Recoil SmacWrap F3 Flex (power-spec lofts)

Ping 3.0 Eye2 Glide Wedges 54°-58° w/Recoil SmacWrap F3 Flex

2021 Ping Fetch Putter/1996 Original Odyssey (not Callaway) Dual Force Rossie Blade

PING Pioneer Cart Bag

Lamkin Sonar+ Mid-Size Grips

At 65 I can't swing like I use to and the Hiskei Wave regular flex shaft works for me. 

X