TESTERS WANTED! ×

Nothing but problems with the Stewart Q-Follow

dlow206

Well that sucks.

Fwiw been really happy with my MGI Zip Navigator 👌

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Did you drive it into a pond?  Looks beat up from this picture...

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

22 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Did you drive it into a pond?  Looks beat up from this picture...

no, didn't drive it into anything

38 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Sorry to hear about that @dlow206. Hopefully Stewart Golf will reach out to you, as I see you posted it to a couple of sites and it'll get taken care of. 

hope so too. saw on a different site that someone with the same model had it happen twice

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

@dlow206,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Stewart Q-Follow. Hopefully they will make it right for you.  did you contact them and tell them the issues you were having?

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

On a couple other forums Stewart Golf has responded. I would think if you use the contact form on their site they will be more than happy to make this right.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

3 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

@dlow206,

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Stewart Q-Follow. Hopefully they will make it right for you.  did you contact them and tell them the issues you were having?

MDGolfHacker

Yes, i have contacted them. About the most recent issue, I am waiting to hear back from the third party in the US that does the servicing.

About prior issues with the control issues, they didn't do anything because it was something that consistently happened every time and it was only intermittent. This was also the response from the third party servicer. Any time you contact Stewart directly (either their US branch or UK branch), you get directed to the third party servicer if you live in the US. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

16 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Yes, i have contacted them. About the most recent issue, I am waiting to hear back from the third party in the US that does the servicing.

About prior issues with the control issues, they didn't do anything because it was something that consistently happened every time and it was only intermittent. This was also the response from the third party servicer. Any time you contact Stewart directly (either their US branch or UK branch), you get directed to the third party servicer if you live in the US. 

Interesting.  Again, hope they make it right for you.  Still, having control issues you would think they want to fix whatever the underlying cause is because it could literally sink consumer demand if a product is flawed.  Word is going to get out and nobody will want to buy it.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

10 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Interesting.  Again, hope they make it right for you.  Still, having control issues you would think they want to fix whatever the underlying cause is because it could literally sink consumer demand if a product is flawed.  Word is going to get out and nobody will want to buy it.

MDGolfHacker

They are sending me a new part so I can fix the handle, which is good. But I have heard of other people breaking the handle similar to my incident, one guy broke it twice. i wish the handle was a bit more robust. i wasn't doing anything crazy like trying to lift it by the handle or anything like that. 

Updated 07/15/2022

On 5/11/2022 at 2:31 AM, dlow206 said:

They are sending me a new part so I can fix the handle, which is good. But I have heard of other people breaking the handle similar to my incident, one guy broke it twice. i wish the handle was a bit more robust. i wasn't doing anything crazy like trying to lift it by the handle or anything like that. 

This sounds like a huge fail on the part of design and/or production. I once had a component break off of my my Brigg & Riley luggage, and I happened to live close to their repair center. When I brought it in they said that they had recognized the issue, so they redesigned the piece and were replacing it repairs came in. 

Hopefully, Stewart is doing the same thing, otherwise why would anyone buy from them moving forward?

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58° PUTTER Untitled-8.png.42ad9734db415b5a132df0574137f4f0.png KS1

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO | Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png SUPERSOFT
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

• 4 weeks later...

How does it handle hills?  I see it has a “stabilizer” - I’ve got “wheelies” on my Alphard eWheels but it still struggles with steep inclines.  It’ll get stuck, tip over, spin… I basically have to just keep a name on it to keep it up right.  Not a big deal, but….  I’m curious how the Stewart model handles inclines?

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

• 1 month later...

I have had similar problems with the Q follow. The bag bracket on the handle has broken twice for me. They replaced it once but it broke again after about a month of use. I'm going to request a full refund. This thing is a Turkey, it also jerks around when you try to turn it and you cant slow it down when it goes down a hill.

• 1 month later...

I've had numerous problems with the Trolley as well.  I've contacted Stewart and they don't want to take responsibility.    They referred me to MotoGolf where I bought the Trolley and they too won't take responsibility. I've had the trolley for less than a year and I want my money back but no one wants entertain it.  I don't know what to do.  I felt like I lost thousands of dollars on terrible cart.   

Hmm. This doesn’t bode well for the upcoming test! Yikes.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Mine is currently operating "ok" for the moment, but reverse doesn't work anymore. 

Updated 07/15/2022

I have severe problem with mine as well. During a normal straight walk in follow mode the cart:

• Stops abruptly
  • Start throwing itself left-right (overcompensated corrections that starts small and get worse)
  • Starts going in circles
  • Heads off in a random direction

I have contacted Stewart UK. Luckily I'm within 30 days money back guarantee. Thinking of returning it.

Edited by Nordic_Viking
Fixing spelling errors

Kind of thinking I'm glad I didn't get picked for the test. I'll just wait and get a decent one, like Motocady or Alphard.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Well, I have at least three golfing buddies with X9s and X10s that are super happy and have almost no problems at all. X10 and Q-follow are the same generation. My speculation is that the frame structure and balance is off on the Q causing it to be more unstable. But I needed the smaller footprint of the folded Q for transport reasons. Maybe I'll switch to a X10...

I'll keep you updated on what I find out when I finally get a proper reaction from Stewart.

On 8/13/2022 at 10:00 PM, PMookie said:

Hmm. This doesn’t bode well for the upcoming test! Yikes.

That was my thought as well.  There are a couple of YT video reviews on these (not sure if it's the exact model) and both mention that the push handle assembly is a bit weak. One demonstrates it easily being flexed/twisted.  While the primary design/use is motorized, one will most certainly have to switch to manual under various situations.  This will definitely be something I'll be looking at closely.  

Thanks Derrick and the others for sharing some user experience with these!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

25 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

That was my thought as well.  There are a couple of YT video reviews on these (not sure if it's the exact model) and both mention that the push handle assembly is a bit weak. One demonstrates it easily being flexed/twisted.  While the primary design/use is motorized, one will most certainly have to switch to manual under various situations.  This will definitely be something I'll be looking at closely.  

Thanks Derrick and the others for sharing some user experience with these!

I thought of this thread while I was writing my introduction and haven't seen the videos @fixyurdivot mentioned, but it's something I'll keep an eye on as far as quality goes. I'm really sorry you've had to deal with these problems, @dlow206

45 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I thought of this thread while I was writing my introduction and haven't seen the videos @fixyurdivot mentioned, but it's something I'll keep an eye on as far as quality goes. I'm really sorry you've had to deal with these problems, @dlow206

on a positive note, the reverse function is randomly working again

Updated 07/15/2022

• 2 weeks later...

Using my Q Follow for 6 months now. My observations:

1. Handle is EXTREMELY fragile. My personal opinion (not an engineer though) is that the umbrella mount was not properly factored into the design. I live in Texas and we get 10-15mph breezes. When I have my umbrella up to protect from Rain or Sun, I can see the handle twisting when the wind blows. First thing that broke was the actual umbrella mount inside the handle. They replaced that section, then the handle broke midway down. They replaced the handle and the mount broke again. For 3 months now, I DO Not use the umbrella mount. I carry the umbrella to protect myself. This sucks because I must open and close the umbrella with every shot. However, nothing has cracked or broke since.

2. Because the cart is light in weight (a definite plus for lifting) your clubs make the unit as a whole, top heavy. The slightest incline and the cart leans back on the stabilizer wheels. The problem is, if you try to steer (or are in follow mode) while the cart is leaning back, it over steers because there is no weight on the front wheels. They do have a mode that reduces steering reaction, but if the front wheels are down, it takes 30 yards to make the slightest direction change.

3. When there is dew on the ground in the morning, you have to hold the cart while going up hill. If not, one wheel will loose traction, forcing the cart to turn side hill and then it falls over dumping all your stuff on the ground.

I still think it can be the best cart on the market. They need to beef up the handle and get weight over the front wheels. I think if they had the motors and drive wheels out front it would balance out better.

On 8/18/2022 at 3:35 PM, dlow206 said:

on a positive note, the reverse function is randomly working again

reverse again not working lol

Updated 07/15/2022

• 1 month later...

I’ve just had a problem with the handset not coming on when putting it on charge it shows green light meaning full but take it off still won’t turn on no blue light. 
Have today been in touch with Stewart golf to night filling in there on line form will see how long it takes for them to get back to me. I must say I am very happy with my x10 follow has worked great up to date I have owned it for about 8 months it’s just under 2 years old got it from a good friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased the Q and the follow mode has been so erratic. It will buck left and right like a puppy trying to get out of a leash. It threw my drink right out of the drink holder and my partners now keep their distance lol. 

Am waiting for a response from customer service and will keep you posted. 

1 hour ago, ShuAip said:

Just purchased the Q and the follow mode has been so erratic. It will buck left and right like a puppy trying to get out of a leash. It threw my drink right out of the drink holder and my partners now keep their distance lol. 

Am waiting for a response from customer service and will keep you posted. 

Are you holding the remote or clipping it to your belt? I know mine does wander side to side a little bit, but not enough to sling a drink if I had a drink holder.

Hopefully customer service will help you get it straightened out. 

Oh, I would also recommend videoing it following you so it could help them diagnose the issue.

5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Are you holding the remote or clipping it to your belt? I know mine does wander side to side a little bit, but not enough to sling a drink if I had a drink holder.

Hopefully customer service will help you get it straightened out. 

Oh, I would also recommend videoing it following you so it could help them diagnose the issue.

I carry my remote in my hand while walking and, as I stated in my review, really did not notice a difference in follow mode stability whether held or clipped to my belt/pocket. I do know that getting enough weight onto the trolley (golf bag), and preferably down towards the base/deck, reduces the amount of pop-ups and lessens steering jitters.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

27 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I carry my remote in my hand while walking and, as I stated in my review, really did not notice a difference in follow mode stability whether held or clipped to my belt/pocket. I do know that getting enough weight onto the trolley (golf bag), and preferably down towards the base/deck, reduces the amount of pop-ups and lessens steering jitters.

Good point, Bill. I had both my Datrek and Stewart bags around the recommended weight of 28-31 lbs. I also believe @Grasmere5 loads extra weights in his bag to help with steering and stability.