2 hours ago, Kocher Clamp said:

I have to ask is your Neck Fuzzed?

Fusion? No, after a month in a Coma and losing 30kgs it's the lack of flexibility I'm left with. I've gone from no idea where I'm hitting the ball to mostly left, I'm trying different things to improve flexibility but it's very slow progress. My left miss in March and still the same today, appreciate your feedback...

IMG_20220515_084651.jpg

• Like 1

I watched some videos @ChrisRyan today, thanks to @RickyBobby_PR for suggesting that. I'm looking fwd to practice as soon as the rain stops, will post video of my improvement....

On 5/12/2022 at 2:10 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

A lie angle change could possibly help and make the ball flight less left but not guarantee. 

Did the lie yesterday, was 64 but after my friend adjusted it is 61.5 !!!!

Managed to hit 14 balls in between rain and wind, big change to 5 right rest just left. So I'm happy just need more good weather to do my normal practice, exciting times...

On 5/10/2022 at 12:05 AM, Bang60 said:

Hit 60 balls in the nets today, testing a theory I've been thinking about for a few days. And it worked, so as said I hit every club left side of the fairway and after checking the lie found its too upright for me. So I wore shoes that have a thicker sole and yeah I'm still going left but my dispersion is tighter and less left, so need to get the lie changed asap as I'm sure you agree?

Here is a test.  get some electrical tape and an old piece of Masonite or thin plastic with wear.  Cover the bottom of your test club with a strip of electrical tape.  Hit a ball off the hardboard.  If you are really too upright, you will see a scuff mark off center on the bottom of your club.  If it is upright, the scuff will be between the shaft and the center (bottom) of the club face.  Try it on all your clubs.  I have seen variations on club face angle, especially frustrated golfer who bang there clubs after poor shots.

There is a simple fix.  Clubs too upright (toe up) can be shortened.  A good club repair shop can shorten your club to flatten out the lie.  Clubs too flat (toe down) can be lengthened.  Both are simple processes and the correction can be in 1/4 inches.  If there is a wide variation in toe up/toe down, invest in some new clubs.  A poor workman blames his tools.

42 minutes ago, stevegawron said:

Cover the bottom of your test club with a strip of electrical tape.  Hit a ball off the hardboard.  If you are really too upright, you will see a scuff mark off center on the bottom of your club.  If it is upright, the scuff will be between the shaft and the center (bottom) of the club face.  Try it on all your clubs.  

Yes I've this, I covered the face and the bottom with masking tape. Then put a vertical line on my golf ball, it confirms it's toe high but is it a lie or swing change. Think it's probably both except my swing at my age is not changing much lol, but I've made some gains dropping the toe down and changed my setup slightly. Appreciate the feedback, cheers Colin

52 minutes ago, stevegawron said:

There is a simple fix.  Clubs too upright (toe up) can be shortened.  A good club repair shop can shorten your club to flatten out the lie.  Clubs too flat (toe down) can be lengthened.  Both are simple processes and the correction can be in 1/4 inches.  If there is a wide variation in toe up/toe down, invest in some new clubs.  A poor workman blames his tools.

While your "fix" would work,  you may make the club too long or short which could impact strike location.   Probably easier just to get someone to adjust the lie angle.

1 minute ago, Bang60 said:

Then put a vertical line on my golf ball, it confirms it's toe high but is it a lie or swing change. Think it's probably both except my swing at my age is not changing much lol, but I've made some gains dropping the toe down and changed my setup slightly. 

While you can change your swing to make the  lie angle correct,  you would probably be better off to just bend the clubs.   People setup to the ball differently and have different physical makeup;  as a result they require different lie angles.   Adjusting a club is a simple process for any club builder.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter: Auditions ongoing 

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

While your "fix" would work,  you may make the club too long or short which could impact strike location.   Probably easier just to get someone to adjust the lie angle.

While you can change your swing to make the  lie angle correct,  you would probably be better off to just bend the clubs.   People setup to the ball differently and have different physical makeup;  as a result they require different lie angles.   Adjusting a club is a simple process for any club builder.  

Agreed, I've adjusted the lie angle on my 6iron only as I want to see how far I have to go. So far I've moved 1.5* and I've got halfway to where I want to go, I'm thinking I will practise a few weeks before I move the lie any further, appreciate your feedback...

• Like 1