TESTERS WANTED! ×

PXG Customer Service Fiasco

Not going to entirely rehash a situation that has being ongoing for 3 weeks, but just know this, PXG’s customer service isn't great. If you’re buying PXG, I highly recommend going through their retail centers, not trusting their telephone “Fitting Experts”.

My situation: I needed to replace a broken 0211DC 7 iron, and wanted to ascertain if PXG would help me out in any way, since the clubs are only 14 months old. So I called their CS dept, who gave me the bad news that the broken head was on me. Ok I thought, gotta replace it anyway, So I gave her the specs, and also emailed her a picture of the shaft decal (TT Elevate 95 VSS’ don’t really have a shaft band).

When my new 7 iron arrived with a different shaft, the correct response from PXG should have been “don’t worry, we’ll make this right”. The incorrect response is “your order was placed, confirmed and ordered by you on the phone” .. essentially bad luck and have a nice day.

There’s a lot more to this story (and it all reflects really badly on PXG) but the takeaway is PXG’s customer service department isn’t really up to snuff, and this should factor into any decision to invest hard earned money in their products.

What's currently in my 'ever-changing' bag:

Driver: Ping G410 LSTStock Alta shaft reg flex.

FW: PXG 0211 3 wood, Evenflow 50g reg flex.

Hybrids: Ping G400 4 & 5 reg flex Alta Shaft.

Irons: PXG 0211DC, TT Elevate 95 Reg Flex

Putter: Odyssey Tuttle

Maybe Parsons should spend more $$ on CS then on his KABOOM TV ads. CS is what differentiates companies in all sectors. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Their customer service isn’t bad. There are tons of positive stories across forums and other social media groups.

Are there instances where they don’t meet the customers expectations? Yes.

What shaft did they send you?

Also did you purchase the original irons directly from pxg?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

What was the original damage? If it was just the head, cant you just swap the old shaft onto the new head? 

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

Not the original purchaser, bought them used (although only one iron had actually been hit). So that's why the replacement was on me, and no argument from me about that.

the damage was a cracked hosel, and yes an option for my broken 7 iron would be to pull the TT Elevate MPH shaft out of the broken head and reshaft with my original shaft. If they'd told me the Elevate VSS' were no longer available, guess what? I'd have said please send me just a replacement head. I'd have been ok with that. So that's still an option, but as things stand I've paid for a TT MPH shaft that I don't really want.

Worse, 2 weeks after the 7 iron hosel cracked, while on a golf trip last week my 8 iron shaft snapped an inch below the grip. I ordered a replacement 8 iron on their website that evening, got home a couple of days later to unbox the new replacement 7 iron, found the wrong shaft, so emailed the CSR's that evening asking them to check on what shaft the 8 iron is being built with, and...nothing, called, no answer. Monday morning emailed again, but an hour later got an email saying my order had shipped .. MF! 

Meanwhile the customer service essentially said it was my fault. I got promises that it would be addressed, but so far crickets.

Edited by Ramsey_Steve

Unfortunately no. I’m actually staying in Mexico currently. No PXG centers here 😂

Edited by Ramsey_Steve