TESTERS WANTED! ×

Introduce Your “Home” Course

2 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

I've got two "home" courses.  One being the Prairie Club in Nebraska (gallery here) that I join a few years ago.  But my home, "home" course five minutes from my home that I joined forever ago is Whispering Creek Golf Club in Sioux City.  There is water to the left of every hole on the front nine (in play sometimes more than others but always lurking) and ponds on three holes in the back.  Local designer.  Built as an investment property as a housing division was built up around it.  But for a long time it was just the trees and farm land surrounding it.

IMG_0256.jpeg.aadf899926dd5136b5c7492c9077d901.jpeg  IMG_5279.jpeg.d64507d5ed848afa3ae3bb536b89ed44.jpeg

IMG_7177.JPG.67dc607610830aa21680611d8d3af83d.JPG

IMG_0450.jpeg.57496c939c86c7b7591fc697c9ece2d3.jpeg IMG_6489.JPG.83bafa57e8cb3565d29c5a7c87aacf45.JPG

IMG_8631.JPG.c95e48775a4c4ba550db48ae88cdbbd8.JPG

The second pic gives a “if you build it they will come” vibe. ☺️

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:ping-small: G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Great topic. I have a couple of memberships, but the one I would call 'home' is London Downs in Central VA.

It plays anywhere from 5700 to just shy of 7000 yards depending on the tees. Whites play about 6400. (Par 72)

It has some good elevation changes, but it's walkable- which is a little unusual in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Water is in play one 11 of the holes- especially the island green. It has one drivable par 4 and 3 of the par 5s are reachable in 2 on the right days. The risk/ reward of these shots is well designed, with OB and water making you think twice. 3 of the par 3s have forced carry over water and the other one is 175 yards that feels like it plays 210. The greens are consistent. A little slow right now, but true and can play pretty fast when dry.

The clubhouse isn't big or fancy, it'll hold maybe 40 people fully packed. The food is good- mostly sandwiches. The beer is cheap. The staff is great, very friendly and accommodating. The greens fees are reasonable

The Saturday and Sunday groups are a blast- lots of small bets and banter and lots of every level of players. There's no need to join either- anyone is welcome to play in the group and see if it suits them.

Mostly :taylormade-small: ITB. SIMMs, P790s...etc

Won't you pour me a Cuban Breeze, Gretchen?

Approaching the end of a mediocre 30 year Army Career.....I have played public muni golf all over the country...and even a "sandy" driving range in Iraq.

My home course is Champions Run Golf Course in Rockvale, TN (Middle Tennessee...about 30 miles south of Nashville).  This is absolutely the best Muni that I've ever played and part of the reason is the people that work there....customer service is second to none.

I had the pleasure of actually walking the course with the head Pro - Ray Pearce -  before it was built, when it was still pasture land. I got to "see" where each hole would be laid out.  The course was finished back in 2002 and I've played it ever since.  That is actually my "retirement" job in less than a year....minimum wage and free golf.

From the championsrun.golf website:

ABOUT THE COURSE

Champions Run Golf Course stylistically showcases the natural beauty of Middle Tennessee while showcasing the distinctive mark of its architect, C. Stuart Moore. The 6,900 yard, par 72 layout wraps itself gently around beautiful hardwood trees and picturesque landscape. The championship course features 18 holes, 16 bunkers, numerous water hazards and challenging tee shots. Every hole is unique in its own way. The top-conditioned course provides the perfect measure of comfort and challenge for your individual game. We also have an additional par 3 which we refer to as the 19th hole.

This hole is used when we need to do renovation work or detailed maintenance on one of our original 18 holes. We have 4 sets of tees to fit the needs of all levels of golfers ranging from 5,400 yards to 7,000 yards. We also have the best game improvement area in Rutherford County which includes over 10 acres of driving range area with dual directional tees and over 10,000 square feet of practice putting green space with 2 bunkers for short game practice. We also provide a full service food & beverage operation with a full menu to fit anyone’s appetite.

Our facility was designed to fit the needs of any golfer: The atmosphere at Champions Run is very welcoming to the 1st time golfer and the golf course will challenge the best of golfers from the championship tees. The Champions Run staff takes pride in offering each golfer the best golfing experience available at the fairest rate. You get more for your dollar at Champions Run!

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

Driver - Sub 70 849D - Fujikura Pro 62 Tour Spec

4 Wood - Sub 70 949X - Sub 70 Project X

7 Wood - Sub 70 949X - Sub 70 Project X

5 iron - Sub 70 699 Pro U V2 23*

6-AW - Sub 70 699 Pro V2

SW - Sub 70 TAIII 2023 Limited Edition Forged 54*

LW - Sub 70 TAIII 2023 Limited  Forged 58*

Putter - PXG Bat Attack

I just play on a nice local muni as a home course, it's not a destination course, so I won't bother with pics even though there are some angles that make it look great. We do play "away" once a week at some nicer courses, but none qualify as home.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Home Course    Sandy Run Country Club    Oreland, Pa.  

Ping G425 Max 10.5

Taylormade M6 3-wood 17 degree

PXG 5 wood

Taylormade hybrids   3,4,5

Taylormade m6 irons  6,7,8,9,w 

Ping BECU  PW,SW

Toulon Garage Indianapolis putter

Sun Mountain Bag   C130 and Zero-G 

Terri Pines Golf Club, located in Northern (Cullman) Alabama, a mile West off I-65, offers an 18 hole challenge with tree lined fairways, hills, lakes, swimming pool, tennis courts, grill, practice green and driving range, 1B7E187E-B7D7-4A5C-B185-720E6912464B.jpeg.a09737acab1460ed44b13a7aabc8a501.jpegand fun for the whole family. Formerly a Country Club, Terri Pines is now open to the public.   Memberships are available for both in county and out of county residents, at very attractive rates.  

Started playing late in life, but as I got older I found that golf is a much better activity than a lot of things old folks get into, plus I meet some of the nicest most interesting people!

1 hour ago, hawkdriver said:

Approaching the end of a mediocre 30 year Army Career.....I have played public muni golf all over the country...and even a "sandy" driving range in Iraq.

My home course is Champions Run Golf Course in Rockvale, TN (Middle Tennessee...about 30 miles south of Nashville).  This is absolutely the best Muni that I've ever played and part of the reason is the people that work there....customer service is second to none.

I had the pleasure of actually walking the course with the head Pro - Ray Pearce -  before it was built, when it was still pasture land. I got to "see" where each hole would be laid out.  The course was finished back in 2002 and I've played it ever since.  That is actually my "retirement" job in less than a year....minimum wage and free golf.

From the championsrun.golf website:

ABOUT THE COURSE

Champions Run Golf Course stylistically showcases the natural beauty of Middle Tennessee while showcasing the distinctive mark of its architect, C. Stuart Moore. The 6,900 yard, par 72 layout wraps itself gently around beautiful hardwood trees and picturesque landscape. The championship course features 18 holes, 16 bunkers, numerous water hazards and challenging tee shots. Every hole is unique in its own way. The top-conditioned course provides the perfect measure of comfort and challenge for your individual game. We also have an additional par 3 which we refer to as the 19th hole.

This hole is used when we need to do renovation work or detailed maintenance on one of our original 18 holes. We have 4 sets of tees to fit the needs of all levels of golfers ranging from 5,400 yards to 7,000 yards. We also have the best game improvement area in Rutherford County which includes over 10 acres of driving range area with dual directional tees and over 10,000 square feet of practice putting green space with 2 bunkers for short game practice. We also provide a full service food & beverage operation with a full menu to fit anyone’s appetite.

Our facility was designed to fit the needs of any golfer: The atmosphere at Champions Run is very welcoming to the 1st time golfer and the golf course will challenge the best of golfers from the championship tees. The Champions Run staff takes pride in offering each golfer the best golfing experience available at the fairest rate. You get more for your dollar at Champions Run!

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

I love that they kept the silos. It’s a cool distinctive feature. Great looking course. Thanks for sharing.

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

Lucky enough to have a very affordable membership that includes two distinctly different “home” courses here in mid-Michigan:  Riverwood Resort (Mt. Pleasant) and The Pines at Lake Isabella.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max (10.5º; Regular )

Fwy:  Cobra King SZ (3; Regular); Ping G410 (5; Regular)

Hybrids: Ping G410 (22º and 26º; Regular)

Irons: Cleveland Launcher XL (6-U)

Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 (54º/12º), and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 (58º/8º)

Putter:  Ping Karsten Anser X

May to October, Bear Creek Country Club, Woodinville, WA. 13 miles East of Seattle, WA.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           November to April, Rams Hill Golf Course, Eastern most development in San Diego County. 59 miles.

https://www.facebook.com/bearcreekcc                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   https://www.ramshill.com/

On 5/20/2022 at 4:09 PM, Buster74 said:

My Home Course is a public gem here in the Philly suburbs.  Jeffersonville Golf club is an original Donald Ross design that opened in 1931 that is owned and operated by our township.  As I live in the township I am one of the privileged few that can buy an annual pass.  Here are a few of my pics I've taken though the past couple of years.  If you wanna see more profession shots then go here:

https://www.instagram.com/jeffersonvillegolf/

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

Nice course Buster…….love your head overs.  You should do a post on them.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

On 5/20/2022 at 7:09 PM, LeftyMatt89 said:

I’m in the area and need to book a time at the muni. I’m in Summerville so I play berkeley most of the time but I’ve heard great things on the muni. 

Love Berkeley CC.  Usually play in the Invitational that Brian puts together there.  Tell him I said hello.  Am the FJ Rep's tech rep. No walk ups at the Muni, have to book at tee time in advance.  Pretty tough.  Sorry you guys dropped out of the Interclub league.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

For 12yrs, I was a member of El Camino Country Club, where they hold the Monday Q for Torrey Pines. 

Now at 72, I don't play "par 72's" much anymore but, I will play Arrowwood Golf Course and ECCC every once in a while, shooting high 80's/low 90's.   BUT now my Home Course is Emerald Isle, a par 56, with a 4 handicap.  All three courses are located in Oceanside, CA.  

Lucky to have two courses in the Ft Worth area that I play. Timarron CC which is a Byron Nelson signature GC and Sky Creek Ranch which is a Robt Trent Jones Jr whip.  The first 3 pics are #18, #8 and #7 at SCR.  Last pic is #9 at Timarron.  Prior to that I played 14 yrs at the only GC ever designed by Ben Hogan.  Trophy Club CC.  All gems.  

E6BF0CCD-1327-4054-B6A9-6B3A6C55D2CA.png

EB24F268-2187-4D32-8F86-A7A594E570E8.png

3BA7A997-EDFD-45C9-801A-47330A609B77.png

ECF3FB84-CA91-40D9-B5C4-5BBF38B63588.jpeg

Edited by 550025KV
Updated pics
  • Mav SubZ 9°
  • Mav SubZ 14.5°
  • Mav SubZ 16°
  • Mav 4hy
  • Apex CF19 5- AW
  • Hogan Equalizer 54°
    Cleveland 58°
  • Odyssey StrokeLab 7s
  • TaylorMade TP5x

On 5/20/2022 at 11:43 AM, Jmikecpa said:

For the last 8 years it was Inwood CC on Long Island.  Now that I am mostly full time in VA I play out of Royal New Kent in Providence Forge, VA.  Course is a Mike Strantz design and plays a shade under 7,500 yards off the back tees with a slop and rating of 76.8/154. Fun place that always seems to play a bit differently with each  round and certainly a challenge.  For the membership cost it is really hard to beat and a welcome change from what I was paying up north.  I would post some pictures but I can't do the course justice with my terrible photography skills, so here are a few stock photos.  

Royal-New-Kent-7.jpg

royal-new-kent_c03957ce-9d88-4e72-97be-4d4519aa1a4f.jpg

RNK 5.jpg

I grew up in Inwood and caddied at Inwood CC in my younger years.  Played many a round of golf at ICC. One of the most colorful histories in American golf.  

• Mav SubZ 9°
  • Mav SubZ 14.5°
  • Mav SubZ 16°
  • Mav 4hy
  • Apex CF19 5- AW
  • Hogan Equalizer 54°
    Cleveland 58°
  • Odyssey StrokeLab 7s
  • TaylorMade TP5x

Two Oaks North GC in central Wisconsin (God's country).  See link to golf course info.

Two Oaks North Golf Course | Wisconsin Golf Courses | Wisconsin Public Golf

(20+) Two Oaks North Golf Course | Facebook

Edited by warbirdlover

What's In the Bag

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° driver w/stiff Xcaliber Avalon 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-wood w/stiff Xcaliber Mystic 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-hybrid w/stiff Xcaliber RT shafts shaft
Malby KE4 Max irons with reg Xcaliber RT shafts
Callaway Jaws full toe 60° wedge with Project X Catalyst 80 wedge graphite shaft
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 CH stroke lab putter
Callaway Org 14 bag

I'm not over the hill.  I'm on the back nine.

My home course for the last few years was the public Garrison Golf Club in Garrison, NY.  But the guy who owned it, decided to close it up and donate the land to a Shakespeare Theater group.  Can't say I don't chuckle when I see articles about him running into opposition to make it permanent. 

Now we play most of our golf out of the "semi-private" NY Country Club in Spring Valley, NY.  Nice track with challenging holes.  Only downside is the greens fees on weekends. 

Edited by ForeRightAgain

Driver: Cobra F6

3W: Titleist TSi3

5W: TM RocketBallz -(my favorite club)

Hybrids: Cleveland 2-4

Irons: Callaway Apex DCB 4-PW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMB 52 & 56

Putter: TM Rossa Monte Carlo Mallet 

21 minutes ago, Riverboat said:

I used to stop at this course all the time on my way to and from Temple University when I was getting my doctorate. Fantastic, unspoiled Ross layout with some of the friendliest regular players I've met anywhere. I'm jealous you get to play it all the time.

The stories I could tell you about my times at temple university while in grad school getting my doctorate at Drexel. One of the crazier campuses I’ve been on!

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Mount Si Golf Course in Snoqualmie, WA.  6419 from the tips.  Family owned course.  Very playable and fun with beautiful views.  

More photos https://www.mtsigolf.com/about-us/course-photos/

IMG_1505.JPEG

PXG Gen 4 Driver, 3W and 3H

PXG Gen 2 XF Irons 5-G

PXG Gen 2 54/58

PXG One and Done

:srixon-small: Q-Star 

:Arccos:

My home course is now called Las Vegas national. Formerly sands golf course, Hilton national golf, and a few other names. It's the course that hosted the first round of Tiger's first PGA tour win. 

It's a oasis in the middle of the desert. Most Las Vegas courses are set up with little grass lots of waste areas very little rough. Desert landscaping.

4 in Las Vegas area are not Shadow Creek, the Wynn course, Las Vegas country club, and National.

Fairly short at 6700 from the tips but average par 3 distance from the tips is 195 yards. Lots of 50-60 year old tree line the course. Par is a very good round at the course I recommend people first time playing it unless your game is scratch or better tee up from the gold.

2 hours ago, UsedToBeASlicer said:

Mount Si Golf Course in Snoqualmie, WA.  6419 from the tips.  Family owned course.  Very playable and fun with beautiful views.  

More photos https://www.mtsigolf.com/about-us/course-photos/

IMG_1505.JPEG

I golfed there many years ago. I’m still on their email list. Have you ever played Snohomish Golf Course? That’s a favorite.

Home course for the last 3 years has been Club de Golf Sant Cugat, just a short commute outside of Barcelona, Spain.  It was designed by HS Colt a few years after he completed Pine Valley.  It is a very short par 70 that feels like you should go low every time, but significant elevation changes, tree lined fairways, 90 degree doglegs and small, undulating greens always seem to get in the way of that.  Even with the elevation changes, its a nice walking course and pace of play is quite good.  Trying to understand all your playing partners who are speaking Catalan is also an interesting challenge.

Titleist C-16 irons and woods

JP Golf GW, PW and SW

Gene Nead Putter

I've been a member of the Key West Golf Club for over 12 years.  Though the scorecard looks a little benign (a par 70 and 6035 yards from the whites), America's Southernmost golf course can be a challenge (69.5/129 from the whites and 71.7/131 from the tips).  This classic Rees Jones design is characterized by small greens each having false fronts to deal with.  The fairways are narrow and the rough can be penalizing.   There's OB, water and/or mangroves to manage or hit over on almost every hole.  The next closest course is over 50 miles away.  After that it's mainland America 150 miles away.  People will ask don't you get tired of playing only one course all the time (and last year it was over 130 times), I say no.  The wind direction and speed will dramatically change the complexation and difficulty of the course.  So it never gets boring!  Here's a picture showing the back on 15th green and the par 3 16th hole.

Key West Golf Club.jpg

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

On 5/17/2022 at 3:31 PM, MattWillGolf said:

Greetings, please advise if this exists elsewhere on the forum. I thought it would be cool to see where my fellow spies call “home” for golf.

My home course is WHITE BLUFF RESORT on Lake whitney in Whitney Texas. We have two courses the New and Old.The New course was recently rated the number one course in Texas by Golf Now and the Old course was rated number #2.Overall the New course was rated # 29th in the UNITED STATES.