Introduce Your “Home” Course

On 5/20/2022 at 7:09 PM, LeftyMatt89 said:

I’m in the area and need to book a time at the muni. I’m in Summerville so I play berkeley most of the time but I’ve heard great things on the muni. 

Love Berkeley CC.  Usually play in the Invitational that Brian puts together there.  Tell him I said hello.  Am the FJ Rep's tech rep. No walk ups at the Muni, have to book at tee time in advance.  Pretty tough.  Sorry you guys dropped out of the Interclub league.  

• Like 1

Titleist

DRIVER - TSI3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR S  

FAIRWAY - TSI2 16.5* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 S

HYBRID - 816H1 18.0* - Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour Spec S

HYBRID - 818H1 21.0* - Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 8.8 Tour Spec S

IRONS - T300 (2019) - 5-W - True Temper AMT Red 107g-95gm R300

WEDGES - VOKEY SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94gm R300,  SM7 - 58.12D N.S. PRO 950GH R300       

***  GolfPride MC+4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges) 

PUTTER - 2020 CAMERON SPECIAL SELECT CUSTOM  - 35" Newport 2                                                    * GolfPride SNSR 104 Grip

GOLF BALL - TITLEIST - Prov1 

GOLF BAG - TITLEIST - Midsize Tour Bag Black/Black/Red and Black Cart 14 

GOLF GLOVE - FOOTJOY - StaSof, Hyper Flex, StaCooler, Rain Glove

SHOES/APPAREL - FOOTJOY 

RANGEFINDER -  BUSHNELL - Pro XE

For 12yrs, I was a member of El Camino Country Club, where they hold the Monday Q for Torrey Pines. 

Now at 72, I don't play "par 72's" much anymore but, I will play Arrowwood Golf Course and ECCC every once in a while, shooting high 80's/low 90's.   BUT now my Home Course is Emerald Isle, a par 56, with a 4 handicap.  All three courses are located in Oceanside, CA.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Lucky to have two courses in the Ft Worth area that I play. Timarron CC which is a Byron Nelson signature GC and Sky Creek Ranch which is a Robt Trent Jones Jr whip.  The first 3 pics are #18, #8 and #7 at SCR.  Last pic is #9 at Timarron.  Prior to that I played 14 yrs at the only GC ever designed by Ben Hogan.  Trophy Club CC.  All gems.  

E6BF0CCD-1327-4054-B6A9-6B3A6C55D2CA.png

EB24F268-2187-4D32-8F86-A7A594E570E8.png

3BA7A997-EDFD-45C9-801A-47330A609B77.png

ECF3FB84-CA91-40D9-B5C4-5BBF38B63588.jpeg

Edited by 550025KV
Updated pics
  • Like 3
  • Mav SubZ 9°
  • Mav SubZ 14.5°
  • PING G425 3hy
  • Rogue 4hy
  • Apex CF19 5- AW
  • Hogan Equalizer 54° and 58°
  • Odyssey StrokeLab 7s
  • TaylorMade TP5x

On 5/20/2022 at 11:43 AM, Jmikecpa said:

For the last 8 years it was Inwood CC on Long Island.  Now that I am mostly full time in VA I play out of Royal New Kent in Providence Forge, VA.  Course is a Mike Strantz design and plays a shade under 7,500 yards off the back tees with a slop and rating of 76.8/154. Fun place that always seems to play a bit differently with each  round and certainly a challenge.  For the membership cost it is really hard to beat and a welcome change from what I was paying up north.  I would post some pictures but I can't do the course justice with my terrible photography skills, so here are a few stock photos.  

Royal-New-Kent-7.jpg

royal-new-kent_c03957ce-9d88-4e72-97be-4d4519aa1a4f.jpg

RNK 5.jpg

I grew up in Inwood and caddied at Inwood CC in my younger years.  Played many a round of golf at ICC. One of the most colorful histories in American golf.  

• Mav SubZ 9°
  • Mav SubZ 14.5°
  • PING G425 3hy
  • Rogue 4hy
  • Apex CF19 5- AW
  • Hogan Equalizer 54° and 58°
  • Odyssey StrokeLab 7s
  • TaylorMade TP5x

Posted (edited)

Two Oaks North GC in central Wisconsin (God's country).  See link to golf course info.

Two Oaks North Golf Course | Wisconsin Golf Courses | Wisconsin Public Golf

(20+) Two Oaks North Golf Course | Facebook

Edited by warbirdlover
  • Like 2

What's In the Bag

Callaway Epic Max 10.5° driver w/5.5 Project X Cypher 50 shaft & std GolfPride Tour Velvet +4 grip
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-wood w/reg Fuijikura Air Speeder 40 shaft & std Lamkin Z5 TT grip
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-hybrid w/reg KBS 70 shaft & std GolfPride Tour Velvet +4 grip
Titleist AP1 714 irons 5-PW & GW w/reg True Temper XP95 R300 shafts & std GolfPride Tour Velvet +4 grips
Callaway Jaws full toe 60° wedge with Project X Catalyst 80 wedge graphite shaft
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 CH stroke lab putter
Callaway Org 14 bag

Posted (edited)

My home course for the last few years was the public Garrison Golf Club in Garrison, NY.  But the guy who owned it, decided to close it up and donate the land to a Shakespeare Theater group.  Can't say I don't chuckle when I see articles about him running into opposition to make it permanent. 

Now we play most of our golf out of the "semi-private" NY Country Club in Spring Valley, NY.  Nice track with challenging holes.  Only downside is the greens fees on weekends. 

Edited by ForeRightAgain
  • Like 1

Driver: Cobra F6

3W: Titleist TSi3

5W: TM RocketBallz -(my favorite club)

Hybrids: Cleveland 2-4

Irons: Callaway Apex DCB 4-PW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMB 52 & 56

Putter: TM Rossa Monte Carlo Mallet 

21 minutes ago, Riverboat said:

I used to stop at this course all the time on my way to and from Temple University when I was getting my doctorate. Fantastic, unspoiled Ross layout with some of the friendliest regular players I've met anywhere. I'm jealous you get to play it all the time.

The stories I could tell you about my times at temple university while in grad school getting my doctorate at Drexel. One of the crazier campuses I’ve been on!

:ping-small: G425 LST 10.5 Aldilla Rogue White 70s

:titelist-small: TS3 15.5 3W Fuji Speeder Tour Spec

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19deg Hybrid Fuji Atmos White

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 50,54, and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:taylormade-small:Spider Tour Putter

Vice Pro Plus White or Titleist ProV1x

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

:CaddyTek: V8 3 Wheel Push Cart

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Mount Si Golf Course in Snoqualmie, WA.  6419 from the tips.  Family owned course.  Very playable and fun with beautiful views.  

More photos https://www.mtsigolf.com/about-us/course-photos/

IMG_1505.JPEG

• Like 2

PXG Gen 4 Driver, 3W and 3H

PXG Gen 2 XF Irons 5-G

PXG Gen 2 54/58

PXG One and Done

:srixon-small: Q-Star 

:Arccos:

My home course is now called Las Vegas national. Formerly sands golf course, Hilton national golf, and a few other names. It's the course that hosted the first round of Tiger's first PGA tour win. 

It's a oasis in the middle of the desert. Most Las Vegas courses are set up with little grass lots of waste areas very little rough. Desert landscaping.

4 in Las Vegas area are not Shadow Creek, the Wynn course, Las Vegas country club, and National.

Fairly short at 6700 from the tips but average par 3 distance from the tips is 195 yards. Lots of 50-60 year old tree line the course. Par is a very good round at the course I recommend people first time playing it unless your game is scratch or better tee up from the gold.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UsedToBeASlicer said:

Mount Si Golf Course in Snoqualmie, WA.  6419 from the tips.  Family owned course.  Very playable and fun with beautiful views.  

More photos https://www.mtsigolf.com/about-us/course-photos/

IMG_1505.JPEG

I golfed there many years ago. I’m still on their email list. Have you ever played Snohomish Golf Course? That’s a favorite.

TaylorMade Supreme Hybrid Stand Bag

Ping G400 Max 10.5° w/Ping Alta CB

PXG 0341 3 wood 15° w/Project X Even Flow Blue

Ping G30 19° 3 Hybrid w/Ping TFC 419H

Ping G25 4 - UW w/Ping CFS

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 54°/14° w/KBS 105 Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway MD3 58°/9° W Grind w/True Temper Dynamic Gold 

Evnroll ER11v 34” Evnroll ER11v Official Review

Snell MTB-Black or Maxfli Tour

Mileseey PF210 Laser Rangefinder

Clicgear 3.5+

Home course for the last 3 years has been Club de Golf Sant Cugat, just a short commute outside of Barcelona, Spain.  It was designed by HS Colt a few years after he completed Pine Valley.  It is a very short par 70 that feels like you should go low every time, but significant elevation changes, tree lined fairways, 90 degree doglegs and small, undulating greens always seem to get in the way of that.  Even with the elevation changes, its a nice walking course and pace of play is quite good.  Trying to understand all your playing partners who are speaking Catalan is also an interesting challenge.

• Like 1

Just moved back to Virginia from The Villages Florida.  My home course is now Cypress Creek in Smithfield Virginia.  A beautiful 18 hole par 72 course.

I've been a member of the Key West Golf Club for over 12 years.  Though the scorecard looks a little benign (a par 70 and 6035 yards from the whites), America's Southernmost golf course can be a challenge (69.5/129 from the whites and 71.7/131 from the tips).  This classic Rees Jones design is characterized by small greens each having false fronts to deal with.  The fairways are narrow and the rough can be penalizing.   There's OB, water and/or mangroves to manage or hit over on almost every hole.  The next closest course is over 50 miles away.  After that it's mainland America 150 miles away.  People will ask don't you get tired of playing only one course all the time (and last year it was over 130 times), I say no.  The wind direction and speed will dramatically change the complexation and difficulty of the course.  So it never gets boring!  Here's a picture showing the back on 15th green and the par 3 16th hole.

Key West Golf Club.jpg

• Like 2
Ping G400 SFT with a Matrix MFS 5 Korean Prototype Senior shaft, 12 degrees
Callaway Epic Flash 15 degree 3 wood, with a stock Project X Evenflow 45 grams senior shaft.  
Calloway Epic GBB Epic 20 degree Heaven Wood, with a stock Diamana 40 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G hybrid 5 (26 degrees) with stock Alta 70 gram senior shafts.
Ping G30 irons 6-W, Yellow dot with graphite Fujikura EXS 60i R2-Flex shafts
Edison wedges:  50 degrees, 55 degrees and 60 degrees, 2 degrees up with KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  New Evnroll ER10 Outback

On 5/17/2022 at 3:31 PM, MattWillGolf said:

Greetings, please advise if this exists elsewhere on the forum. I thought it would be cool to see where my fellow spies call “home” for golf.

My home course is WHITE BLUFF RESORT on Lake whitney in Whitney Texas. We have two courses the New and Old.The New course was recently rated the number one course in Texas by Golf Now and the Old course was rated number #2.Overall the New course was rated # 29th in the UNITED STATES. 

• Like 1