Introduce Your “Home” Course

On 5/21/2022 at 7:43 PM, manderson831 said:

Home course is Hamilton Mill Golf Club, suburb of Atlanta, GA. Love the course and can be very challenging. We have a strong MGA membership and many great events throughout the year!! 

https://www.hamiltonmillcc.com/

Hamilton Mill Golf Course 4th Hole.jpg

Hamilton Mill Golf Course 9th Hole.jpg

Hamilton Mill Golf Course Clubhouse.jpg

Hamilton Mill Golf Course.jpg

I will likely be passing through Atlanta next month and will try to get in a round somewhere there. Which direction from downtown Atlanta is it located?

8 hours ago, Eat My Divots said:

I will likely be passing through Atlanta next month and will try to get in a round somewhere there. Which direction from downtown Atlanta is it located?

Northeast of Atlanta, it's Freddy Couples first US design and a fun track to play.

• Love 1

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

2 hours ago, Headhammer said:

Northeast of Atlanta, it's Freddy Couples first US design and a fun track to play.

My buddy lives in Suwanee which is also northeast so I may suggest to him that we try that one as it sounds like a fun one. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Headhammer said:

Oh wait, I just took a look at their website and see that it's a fully private club so I guess I'd need a hook up to get on there. Any idea what the guest rates look like?

8 hours ago, Eat My Divots said:

Oh wait, I just took a look at their website and see that it's a fully private club so I guess I'd need a hook up to get on there. Any idea what the guest rates look like?

Have not played it in a couple years so I couldn't tell ya. @manderson831?? 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

• 2 weeks later...

My Home course is Hobbits Glen Golf Club in Columbia, MD.  I grew up playing this course in the 80' and early 90's.  25 years later I joined back last October. Personally my favorite course in the area.   Various team options.  State Farm Senior open was played here back in the 90's.   I never get bored playing as some of the other courses in the area I considered joining.   If you are ever in the area let me know always happy to have guests play the course.

Black 7013/Blue 6596/Hybrid 6400/White 6008/Gold 5431/Green 5020   90% of the time I play the Blue tees 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Living in the Southernmost City, my home course is Key West Golf Club.  Looking at the scorecard, the par 70 course looks fairly benign at 6035 yards from the whites and 6531 yards from the tips.  But with rating of 69.5/129 from the whites and 71.7/131 from the tips it can be a challenge.  As a classic Rees Jones design it has small greens each with false fronts, very narrow fairways, punishing rough and penalty areas on every hole.  Throw in changing wind speed and directions and it can play different every time out.  Last year I posted 132 rounds there and it never got old!

1118845644_16thGreen.jpg.2f8028112c7a5333ac86a987e1866613.jpg

As the Southernmost course, people come to Key West and want to play it.  They look at the scorecard, immediately go to the blue tips and tee it up not knowing what's ahead of them.  I played with a visitor a few weeks ago and he chose to play from the blue tees.  He had to quit after 15 holes because he lost two dozen balls and didn't have one more to complete his round.

• Like 2
Ping G400 SFT with a Matrix MFS 5 Korean Prototype Senior shaft, 12 degrees
Callaway Epic Flash 15 degree 3 wood, with a stock Project X Evenflow 45 grams senior shaft.  
Mizuno GT180 with a Tensei CK Blue 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G hybrid 5 (26 degrees) with stock Alta 70 gram senior shafts.
Ping G30 irons 6-W, Yellow dot with graphite Fujikura EXS 60i R2-Flex shafts
Edison wedges:  50 degrees, 55 degrees and 60 degrees, 2 degrees up with KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  Evnroll ER10 Outback

Diamante Country Club in Hot Springs Village, AR .... the only private course in the village of 9 courses.

The opening hole from the tips, 428 yards

image.jpeg.b2bf261f50c862873368d8265f0f338e.jpeg

#7 Par 3 plays from 147 to 204 depending on tees (There are 4 sets of men's tees and 2 sets of forward tees).  The forward tees play from 121 to 138 yards.

image.jpeg.4534df4b895195738d08d5a9488af0a7.jpeg

This is looking back on the fairway of the par 5 #3.  You can't see the tee boxes as it's a blind hole.  490 yards from the tees I play -- 589 from the tees that the Nationwide Tour played from when they used to play here.

image.jpeg.351e15add9bc2dd68b71c2a09b31ed4a.jpeg

Speaking of the Nationwide Tour, Golf Digest named the hole "The Monster".  A 619 yard par 5 from the tips!!!  #11 (Us mere mortals play it from either 550 or 530 depending on tee choice.  The forward set of men's tees is considerably shorter at 495 yards.  Ladies, you can tee it up at either 490 or 439 yards.

image.jpeg.116c4b55c0d3a138b4fb5a451f0a6fc2.jpeg

And, finally, a view from the finishing hole green.  A par 5 with tiered green.  My house is on this hole overlooking the forward most tee box.

image.jpeg.895ffbb0a5bc82b82c182befe8f57b67.jpeg

It's a great course and I've really enjoyed getting to know it since moving here 9 months ago.  The greens are bent grass and the fairways are a hybrid zoysia mix.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug