Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Charles Schwab Challenge - 2022

fixyurdivot

The field heads to Colonial CC in Ft. Worth, TX for the Ft. Worth Invitational.... err... Colonial National Invitational... nope, the Charles Schwab Challenge.  I guess if you have amassed enough money, and spend enough of it, you can have a PGA Tour event named after you.  I like the sound of The Fixyurdivot Shootout ... any of you guys got some spare change? 👍.  The event has quite a history of various name changes and title sponsors to include; Dean & DeLuca, Crowne Plaza, Bank of America, Mastercard, Southwestern Bell, and the list goes on.  In 2018, when Dean & DeLuca pulled out, American Airlines, ATT, XT&O Energy, and Burlington Northern stepped up to sponsor.

Another fun fact about this event is the unique "Champion's Choice" whereby past winners gets to pick two players who would otherwise not have made the field.  Stephen Jaeger and Min-woo Lee are this years picks.

Jason Kokrak returns to defend his title and he'll have a hill to climb repeating as a pretty darn good group of high ranked players headed straight over from the PGA to play this event.  Might this be the conclusion of Jason's time with the PGA Tour?  He's stated interest in the Shark Tour and getting a wheelbarrow of $$$. I've not made a final pick yet but think Jordan will get it done this week.

Don't forget to make your pick for this weeks winner https://runmypools.com/JRMPNWWF.  Good luck!

Jason Kokrak claims Charles Schwab Challenge over hometown favorite Jordan  Spieth

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Good riddance. He cursed out a volunteer at the Sony Open this year - bunches of F-bombs. Why? The volunteer found his ball in the rough. JK is screaming just put a flag next to it along with a steady stream of profanity. For those who volunteer or wonder about the "flag" thing - People doing the ShotLink by the fairways have flags to indicate where a players ball ends up in the rough. It gets placed a couple of feet away, then gets removed by the player. The volunteers searching for JK's ball were a different group - just pedestrian marshalls - no flags. The guy pointing out the ball was a respectful distance from the location; not influencing the lie. Should have eaten a SNICKERS.

Off the high horse here. I'm on JT to double up. He was solid all four rounds [couldn't score Saturday] except for that "S-word" on the par 3 Sunday. Good weather is expected, not too damn hot. My guess is a shootout. Can't figure Scotties performance and Spieth was not clicking. 

Good luck to all. I won't be watching. If the weather where I'm at is good enough to play, I'm out there [plus 3 grandkids here at the Son's house in GA]. On to Ft. Hood area next week for a couple of months with another granddaughter and two great - grand kids. Retirement is packed full.

Steve Smith

JT, WZ, and a handful of other top shelf players heading out early.  Scotty got his wheels back on the rail though... Wow!  Tomorrow's early tee times may have a big advantage if the weather forecast and high late morning and afternoon winds arrive.  Should make for a fun moving day.

Tight leaderboard, lots of bogeys out there and the possibility to go low if your game is one will make the weekend fun. Can't believe all the guys who missed the cut and lucky the cut moved to +1 because would have been several more bigger names added to that list. 

Biggest suprise for me was Horschel. He was outside looking in to begin the round. Saw he had got it to -1 at one point and finished at 3 over. For a guy who hasn't missed a cut in forever and even when he did WD at the Players he still had made the cut that was a bit of a shocker. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I have to say. Colonial looks horrible.  I don’t ever recall seeing it look in such poor shape.  I know it’s been very hot there. But it’s Texas.  It’s always hot.  Ha 

Anyone from down there have insight. I know @EthanSterlingPrice is a long time volunteer there and saw a great picture of him and Bones.   Maybe he has some thoughts. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I have to say. Colonial looks horrible.  I don’t ever recall seeing it look in such poor shape.  I know it’s been very hot there. But it’s Texas.  It’s always hot.  Ha 

Anyone from down there have insight. I know @EthanSterlingPrice is a long time volunteer there and saw a great picture of him and Bones.   Maybe he has some thoughts. 

Now that you mention it, there are areas around the course that look a bit brown, dry, and ragged.  Also lots of strange shiny areas in the fairways - maybe some recent re-seeding?

2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Now that you mention it, there are areas around the course that look a bit brown, dry, and ragged.  Also lots of strange shiny areas in the fairways - maybe some recent re-seeding?

Yeah.  Those are the same things I noticed.   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Feeling really bad for HV3... what a time for a blow up 😢.  Worse is that I think this will really mess with his psyche and confidence... hope I'm wrong.

image.png.42a21d6783189894b0bcc2a8cb5a269f.png

Congratulations Sam Burns!! I definitely did not see that ending on my Ouija Board.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Feeling really bad for HV3... what a time for a blow up 😢.  Worse is that I think this will really mess with his psyche and confidence... hope I'm wrong.

+1. I’d like to see him win his first PGA tournaments soon. You don’t see pros 4 putt often, especially with 3 of them quite short.

13 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Congratulations Sam Burns!! I definitely did not see that ending on my Ouija Board.

+1. You can’t plan on a 38 foot downhill left to right slider especially in a playoff. Man “those guys are good.”

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

18 minutes ago, Middler said:

+1. I’d like to see him win his first PGA tournaments soon. You don’t see pros 4 putt often, especially with 3 of them quite short.

+1. You can’t plan on a 38 foot downhill left to right slider especially in a playoff. Man “those guys are good.”

They are indeed.  I watched the end of the Dutch Open and Victor Perez drain four 15 foot + putts in succession, on the 4 playoff holes, to beat Ryan Fox.  The last putt was from 30+ feet out of a bowl.  Totally out-of-body putting display.