Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Best limited flight practice balls with strike spray?

I'm looking to refine impact location in my backyard net. Done a lot of work to date with some good ol handy foot spray and my shag bag balls. Significant improvement with irons. But when tinkering with my driver setup/swing, a couple times I've skied one up and over the house and who knows where it landed! Too nervous to keep swinging driver.

Since I'm not looking for any speed/distance/spin data with my Mevo, just club face strike location, I'm looking for some limited flight balls to practice with at home so I can comfortably swing the big stick. Sounds like the SCI-Core, Callaway HX Soft Flight practice or the AlmostGolf balls are the best options. So now my questions for those that use limited flight practice balls at home:

1) Any other options I should consider?

2) Are they dense enough to show through foot spray on the face?

3) How long did they last? 

Thanks in advance!

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

1) Any other options I should consider? Limited flight balls are only going to fly about 10% shorter than a regular ball so skying one with driver it’s going to still go a couple hundred yards. Any of them will work for what you are doing.

2) Are they dense enough to show through foot spray on the face? Yes. They are still a regular golf ball.

3) How long did they last?  They will last around the same as any other golf ball

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I use Almostgolfballs and they should work for what you want. They last much longer than regular foam ball.

D- Tour Edge EXS 220

4W- Sub 70 949X

Hybrid- Sub 70 949X

Utility- Sub 70 699 U  21 degree

Irons- Sub 70 749 5-PW

Wedges- Sub 70 286 50+54, Tour Edge 1 out 58 degree 

Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach soft # 11

Ball- Titleist Tour Soft