Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Electric Car Purchase

GolfSpy_APH

On 5/26/2022 at 2:34 PM, yungkory said:

The Q4 we put deposit on likely won't come for another 12 months, unless supply chains magically fix themselves. The stealership told us that we're 83rd in line. That's just in Hawaii, not nationally or anything. So in the interim, I'm just putting deposits (refundable) down on all EVs that I don't absolutely hate (short list). I really didn't like the Hyundai Ioniq 5 when I first saw it, but in person it looks a little better. All of the reviewers rave about it so I'm excited to test drive one. Might luck into one here shortly. If anything, I can probably sell it for a profit when the Q4 finally comes in a year, since the used market is so bonkers right now. That's half of the reason I'm trying to get an EV as soon as possible outside of the obvious gas price insanity, my car is worth nearly what I bought it for 5 years ago. So at worst I get an EV that I don't really care for until the Q4 arrives, then sell this likely for a profit or barely any loss, get the $7500 tax credit while it's still being offered, and save a buttload of money on gas. If I end up liking the Ioniq maybe I'll keep it for myself and wifey can have the Audi.

... I placed an order for a Mach E in March 2020 and by November they still had not started building it. My last 3 cars have been Genesis and I love the company and 10yr/10,000 mile warranty although I did not have an issue with any of them. So When I found out Genesis was releasing their GV60 I cancelled my Mach E order and I am on the list for a GV60. As I am sure you know, Genesis is the luxury division of Hyundai and the Ioniq 5 is the same car as the GV60 just less "luxury."  Add to that all the Hyundai dealers here are charging a $5,000 "Market adjustment" for the Ioniq 5 so it is the same price as the GV60 without the adjustment. Last I heard my dealership should start taking deposits by August but I don't know when they will actually start building mine. I am at the top of the waiting list so I will at least be first when they do start taking deposits. Of course they are eligible for the $7500 tax credit. 

PS. I was really annoyed that Audi charges $250 for a Homelink garage door opener with the Q4 E Tron Fastback when every premium car I have ever seen include it as a standard feature. You would think a $60,000 car would have a garage door opener standard. They also have a $600 paint uncharge for every color other than Matt Gray. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

On 5/28/2022 at 2:38 PM, Kanoito said:

Agree. Our company also got rid of all cars. Of you need to visit a customer, you fly then rent locally.

US and Canada are just too big. Can't see how charging infrastructure could be implemented effectively.

I just checked Q4 delivery times, 18 months... Jesus....

As I understand it, it’s a supply issue much more than a demand issue? Getting the materials for and scaling up battery production takes time, and Tesla is one of the few companies that recognized and prepared for it. Chip shortages and some other parts have been scarce as well. VW is also acting on battery supply chain now, but well behind. Tesla has more of a demand problem, very profitable. The Chinese are doing more volume too, but we don’t see that in North America (yet).

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

4 hours ago, Middler said:

As I understand it, it’s a supply issue much more than a demand issue? Getting the materials for and scaling up battery production takes time, and Tesla is one of the few companies that recognized and prepared for it. VW is also acting on battery supply chain now, but well behind. Tesla has more of a demand problem, very profitable. The Chinese are doing more volume too, but we don’t see that in North America (yet).

The hold up on my Mach E is apparently the automatic park assist…

I know how to park just ship my car damnit!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

18 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

The hold up on my Mach E is apparently the automatic park assist…

I know how to park just ship my car damnit!

... If it helps after I canceled my Mach E order and was refunded my deposit in October, I received a notice my car arrived at the dealership at the end of April and I could come pick it up 13 months after placing a deposit. So they are actually shipping them.  It was also the wrong color.  🤪

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

My house deal might be falling through.  If it does, I’ll be getting a diesel VW Golf.  Commuting 450 miles a week.  Not sure if an EV would be cost effective.  I can tune the diesel and get like 65mpg.

... Most electric companies have a nigh time discount when you charge at home so I can't see how it wouldn't be more cost effective.  

17 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Well, I’m not looking at new.  I can get a pretty good price on the diesel car vs a comparable EV.

I was walking into work the other morning and was talking to one of the guys on my line about the whole diesel fiasco. Once it happened a ton of the cars we couldn't sell were shipped to and stored at my plant. We actually had an Audi Q5 diesel back there with 31,000 miles that sold for $15K, wish I would have known about that.

As far as our electric car goes, well be starting production on it soon. We've been in the trial phase for a while and will slowly be ramping up production, but from what I saw on the news there all spoken for this year. 

2 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was walking into work the other morning and was talking to one of the guys on my line about the whole diesel fiasco. Once it happened a ton of the cars we couldn't sell were shipped to and stored at my plant. We actually had an Audi Q5 diesel back there with 31,000 miles that sold for $15K, wish I would have known about that.

As far as our electric car goes, well be starting production on it soon. We've been in the trial phase for a while and will slowly be ramping up production, but from what I saw on the news there all spoken for this year. 

I still don’t understand what the big problem with it was.  Sure they tried to cheat the system, but they still weren’t a dirty engine compared to most.  I have a feeling the oil companies were pissed that people were getting 80+ MPG out of them.

2 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I still don’t understand what the big problem with it was.  Sure they tried to cheat the system, but they still weren’t a dirty engine compared to most.  I have a feeling the oil companies were pissed that people were getting 80+ MPG out of them.

I agree, and those cars got some serious mileage. The same guy I was talking to had a Jetta Sportwagon and was getting 55 mpg and back then he drove like a bat out of Hades. I always wanted to lease one, but they never were on our leasing site when I looked. At least not one I wanted. 

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

My favorite car i owned was a passat tdi.  It got at least 55 mpg highway ànd handled like it was on rails.  They offered a lot of buyback money and i had lots of miles so it made $$ sense to do it.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Just now, Shapotomous said:

My favorite car i owned was a passat tdi.  It got at least 55 mpg highway ànd handled like it was on rails.  They offered a lot of buyback money and i had lots of miles so it made $$ sense to do it.

Glad you liked it and I can't blame you from a financial sense letting them buy it back. Sometimes you gotta make the smart money move. That's some really good mileage!

2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I agree, and those cars got some serious mileage. The same guy I was talking to had a Jetta Sportwagon and was getting 55 mpg and back then he drove like a bat out of Hades. I always wanted to lease one, but they never were on our leasing site when I looked. At least not one I wanted. 

Every Jetta I've seen on the road just HAD to pass us in my wife's Mercedes.  I think Jetta owners have to sign a contract with VW saying they have to do that whenever they get a chance.   🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

20 hours ago, chisag said:

... If it helps after I canceled my Mach E order and was refunded my deposit in October, I received a notice my car arrived at the dealership at the end of April and I could come pick it up 13 months after placing a deposit. So they are actually shipping them.  It was also the wrong color.  🤪

I’m torn on this. I feel committed so I want to see it through. I also could have purchased a Model 3 back in February when I placed my order and would have taken delivery within a week. So I’m kicking myself for not doing that, but I wanted more of a crossover style and the Model Y is a bit too pricey. Seriously considering checking out the new Hyundai. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

20 hours ago, Shankster said:

Well, I’m not looking at new.  I can get a pretty good price on the diesel car vs a comparable EV.

The up front cost with EVs is definitely a tough pill to swallow. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

1 hour ago, jddaigneault said:

I’m torn on this. I feel committed so I want to see it through. I also could have purchased a Model 3 back in February when I placed my order and would have taken delivery within a week. So I’m kicking myself for not doing that, but I wanted more of a crossover style and the Model Y is a bit too pricey. Seriously considering checking out the new Hyundai. 

... I really liked the Mach E other than that HUGE iPad in the center console. Some love that feature but I prefer the smaller wrap around style in front of my face on the Genesis and Hyundai. The 10 yr 100k warranty doesn't hurt either. For all I know at this point the GV60 delivery may take just as long. 🙄  But driving the Mach E was awesome and it looks great with plenty of room. My point was not to dissuade you but let you know my Mach E eventually arrived. (And while I am not cheap I am frugal if possible, so passing up a $7500 credit with a Tesla was never an option for me). 

6 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

The up front cost with EVs is definitely a tough pill to swallow. 

... But more palatable every time you pass a gas station with a line waiting to pay $5 for a gallon of gas. 🤑

On 5/28/2022 at 8:40 AM, chisag said:

... I placed an order for a Mach E in March 2020 and by November they still had not started building it. My last 3 cars have been Genesis and I love the company and 10yr/10,000 mile warranty although I did not have an issue with any of them. So When I found out Genesis was releasing their GV60 I cancelled my Mach E order and I am on the list for a GV60. As I am sure you know, Genesis is the luxury division of Hyundai and the Ioniq 5 is the same car as the GV60 just less "luxury."  Add to that all the Hyundai dealers here are charging a $5,000 "Market adjustment" for the Ioniq 5 so it is the same price as the GV60 without the adjustment. Last I heard my dealership should start taking deposits by August but I don't know when they will actually start building mine. I am at the top of the waiting list so I will at least be first when they do start taking deposits. Of course they are eligible for the $7500 tax credit. 

PS. I was really annoyed that Audi charges $250 for a Homelink garage door opener with the Q4 E Tron Fastback when every premium car I have ever seen include it as a standard feature. You would think a $60,000 car would have a garage door opener standard. They also have a $600 paint uncharge for every color other than Matt Gray. 

Yep, I'm familiar with the Hyundai/Genesis being the same family like VW/Audi/Porsche. The Ioniq 5 honestly feels well made inside, I got to sit in one but couldn't drive it because it was sold, but the fit and finish was surprising to me -- guess I had some negative thoughts going into it since I always thought of the brand as an economy car rather than something that could be a little more upscale. I'll have to wait and see how it feels on the road, but first impressions were good.

Having to pay for things I consider to be "standard" in a modern car is also very familiar coming from two BMWs. My 3-series couldn't even fold the rear seats because that was an upgrade -- insane! Maybe it's a German car thing? 😂

On 5/29/2022 at 12:03 PM, sirchunksalot said:

ID.4 was on my short list, but I've read every single review and watched every video on YT by now, and everyone says the infotainment system sucks. The main thing that drove me from the ID.4 to the Q4 was the interior -- not sure who thought the brown dash and door panels was "nice" aesthetically

4 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

I think it's worth checking out. It has some of the fastest charging in the segment, a decent range, and the price isn't too horrible, especially if there's a no-markup dealership around you. I'm on mobile and I don't quite remember where you live, but DanburyHyundai is selling them at no markup, and they will do the yessahhhh over the phone.

They're pumping them out at a decent clip each month as well. I think last month, we got a dozen or so allocated between the two dealerships? You can check local stock on theevfinder.com.

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... I really liked the Mach E other than that HUGE iPad in the center console. Some love that feature but I prefer the smaller wrap around style in front of my face on the Genesis and Hyundai. The 10 yr 100k warranty doesn't hurt either. For all I know at this point the GV60 delivery may take just as long. 🙄  But driving the Mach E was awesome and it looks great with plenty of room. My point was not to dissuade you but let you know my Mach E eventually arrived. (And while I am not cheap I am frugal if possible, so passing up a $7500 credit with a Tesla was never an option for me). 

GV60 shouldn't be too long. Same platform as the Ioniq, so as long as you're not ordering one with a very personalized spec, you'll probably get it soon

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

The main thing that drove me from the ID.4 to the Q4 was the interior -- not sure who thought the brown dash and door panels was "nice" aesthetically

I've only seen the brown dash, not the whole car together with that scheme. I kind of like the dash, but I've only seen black and beige the last 6 years. I couldn't say how it looks over the entire car, though. They also offer blue, which I've told them on several occasions I don't like. I had a Mercury Tracer back in the late 90's with a aqua interior that literally made me nauseous. 

41 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I've only seen the brown dash, not the whole car together with that scheme. I kind of like the dash, but I've only seen black and beige the last 6 years. I couldn't say how it looks over the entire car, though. They also offer blue, which I've told them on several occasions I don't like. I had a Mercury Tracer back in the late 90's with a aqua interior that literally made me nauseous. 

Yeah to me, the dash and the door panels just clash with the rest of the black interior. The grey is nice tho, but I have a baby and that's not gonna work lol

I like brown.  It is an underutilized color.  Like trying to find brown golf shoes or a belt is impossible… ok, go ahead prove me wrong.

My dad has a Tundra with brown leather.  Just classy.  

I think it was the Audi TT that use to have baseball leather (not brown) but that was some high class interior.

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

It was Brown.. my memory is going.

485782A3-D6FA-457D-8985-70C3E2DE2CDA.webp

When used correctly, brown looks nice

This is ain't it:

image.jpeg.da0680ef36220a9f9592e81aea2a6dc5.jpeg

Could've just kept it black throughout and it would've been clean

7 hours ago, yungkory said:

ID.4 was on my short list, but I've read every single review and watched every video on YT by now, and everyone says the infotainment system sucks. The main thing that drove me from the ID.4 to the Q4 was the interior -- not sure who thought the brown dash and door panels was "nice" aesthetically

funny you mention the interior of the Q4... cause I really dislike the dashboard sticking out, it feels wasted space. But I mostly drive it alone to work, so it's fine on the passenger side.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

13 hours ago, Kanoito said:

funny you mention the interior of the Q4... cause I really dislike the dashboard sticking out, it feels wasted space. But I mostly drive it alone to work, so it's fine on the passenger side.

I haven't seen it in person like I saw the ID.4 so I never knew. We have a 2016 RAV4 and the dash kinda does the same thing, so it probably won't bother me. How are you liking the Q4 aside from that? Ours can't come any sooner...

5 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I haven't seen it in person like I saw the ID.4 so I never knew. We have a 2016 RAV4 and the dash kinda does the same thing, so it probably won't bother me. How are you liking the Q4 aside from that? Ours can't come any sooner...

If I could choose again I probably would have gone with the bigger Q4 e-tron 50 Quattro... just more power. I either had to take the 35 Sportback or 40 hatchback to stay under the EV subsidy threshold. I guess the mid-life crisis in me was screaming for the sportier version. For daily drive to work and with a charging station at home, it's more than enough and I certainly got no complaints.

But sometimes when I drive the GLE, I do feel the difference in power...

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

1 minute ago, Kanoito said:

If I could choose again I probably would have gone with the bigger Q4 e-tron 50 Quattro... just more power. I either had to take the 35 Sportback or 40 hatchback to stay under the EV subsidy threshold. I guess the mid-life crisis in me was screaming for the sportier version. For daily drive to work and with a charging station at home, it's more than enough and I certainly got no complaints.

But sometimes when I drive the GLE, I do feel the difference in power...

I feel you on the mid-life crisis front, at the ripe old age of 38, I'm low-key sad to be ditching the thought of owning any of the cars on my short list of obtainable "dream" cars. Always wanted an F80 M3 since I've seen them, had my heart set on getting one once the finances lined up, and now that they have, it just doesn't make sense to not own an EV if I can charge for free at home. It's like the end of an era for me, transitioning from a "car guy" to buying cookie-cutter EVs without any real personality, and definitely without any sort of style. All of that said, I live on an island where the speed limit is 45-60 MPH tops, so where the heck am I driving fast, legally, anyways?

We're only getting the 40 and 50 in NA I believe, and the one we have on order is a 40 non-sportback, but I'm still debating whether or not I want to change that to a sportback because IMO it looks nicer. Just concerned about the slight loss of cargo height we would lose.

2 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I feel you on the mid-life crisis front, at the ripe old age of 38, I'm low-key sad to be ditching the thought of owning any of the cars on my short list of obtainable "dream" cars. Always wanted an F80 M3 since I've seen them, had my heart set on getting one once the finances lined up, and now that they have, it just doesn't make sense to not own an EV if I can charge for free at home. It's like the end of an era for me, transitioning from a "car guy" to buying cookie-cutter EVs without any real personality, and definitely without any sort of style. All of that said, I live on an island where the speed limit is 45-60 MPH tops, so where the heck am I driving fast, legally, anyways?

We're only getting the 40 and 50 in NA I believe, and the one we have on order is a 40 non-sportback, but I'm still debating whether or not I want to change that to a sportback because IMO it looks nicer. Just concerned about the slight loss of cargo height we would lose.

Before signing for the Q4, I considered the i4 eDrive40... IMHO not too shabby vs the M3... but the leasing rate was triple vs the Q4... so like you said... wtf am I trying to impress at age 38? The only chicks I'm picking up with that is my daughter and her friends lol

At least we get our no-limit highways 😄 but the environmentalists are fighting to set a 130km/h limit to save gas.

Yes, cargo space was also a consideration of mine, but my wife encouraged me to get the one I liked better and we would fit the kids and luggage in the GLE...

6 minutes ago, Kanoito said:

Before signing for the Q4, I considered the i4 eDrive40... IMHO not too shabby vs the M3... but the leasing rate was triple vs the Q4... so like you said... wtf am I trying to impress at age 38? The only chicks I'm picking up with that is my daughter and her friends lol

At least we get our no-limit highways 😄 but the environmentalists are fighting to set a 130km/h limit to save gas.

Yes, cargo space was also a consideration of mine, but my wife encouraged me to get the one I liked better and we would fit the kids and luggage in the GLE...

Yeah.... I can't do the new gen BMWs with that grille, LOL. The iX1 is being announced today, but I don't think it's making it stateside. From the leaks, it looks like they heard the community and the kidney grille loyalists and reverted the pig/beaver face.

We ended up signing on for a Peugeot e 2008 Allure. 

We got winter tyres included, massive Discount due to it being a demo with 3000 km on it and thankfully don't have to start any payments till our permits come through. 

Added to that a good deal on our trade in for the BMW which needs a new road safety check in September and after the BMW Dealer looked at it figured it would be 2000-3000 ch for all the parts brake work and time so we avoid that cost and get to jump into a new EV and avoid all those climbing gas prices we continue to see.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)