Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Electric Car Purchase

GolfSpy_APH

13 minutes ago, yungkory said:

It's like the end of an era for me, transitioning from a "car guy" to buying cookie-cutter EVs without any real personality, and definitely without any sort of style.

... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right? I think the Ioniq 5 has plenty of style and personality, especially with those eye catching wheels. You would most definitely be noticed even driving 40 mph. 😉  Of course the GV60 is more of a head turner and while I agree the Q4 is a little too van like but the Q4 Sportback looks pretty stylish to me. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

We ended up signing on for a Peugeot e 2008 Allure. 

We got winter tyres included, massive Discount due to it being a demo with 3000 km on it and thankfully don't have to start any payments till our permits come through. 

Added to that a good deal on our trade in for the BMW which needs a new road safety check in September and after the BMW Dealer looked at it figured it would be 2000-3000 ch for all the parts brake work and time so we avoid that cost and get to jump into a new EV and avoid all those climbing gas prices we continue to see.

Sweet! No waiting time either... so when you coming for a round? lol

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Just now, Kanoito said:

Sweet! No waiting time either... so when you coming for a round? lol

Lol as soon as I possibly can!

Nope no wait time other then permits 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 5/26/2022 at 6:30 AM, fixyurdivot said:

This is a pretty solid "stake in the ground".  Doubt we'll see such a ban here in the US (at least in most our lifespans), but eventually the technology and infrastructure will probably not require one anyway.

Recharge time requirements are still a big hinderance to folks choosing all electric.  Level 3 (fastest) chargers are not the norm and certainly not at peoples homes where most recharging is done.  Even with L2 chargers at home the average recharge time is ~8 hours for most 2022 model cars.  For anyone considering an all electric, spend some time thoroughly researching this.  Much like salesman who tell folks "oh heck yeah, this truck can haul that RV no problem"... don't rely solely on them for answering the recharge and range questions.

The ban is already in place in CA. 2035 I think, now the question becomes do they enforce it at that time. Infrastructure is so far behind for this it is scary.

We just added more solar to the house in anticipation of somewhere in the future buying an electric car. Hoping the initial purchase price comes down sooner rather than later. Hard to pencil at the current prices.

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right? I think the Ioniq 5 has plenty of style and personality, especially with those eye catching wheels. You would most definitely be noticed even driving 40 mph. 😉  Of course the GV60 is more of a head turner and while I agree the Q4 is a little too van like but the Q4 Sportback looks pretty stylish to me. 

Yeah, I'm just not a fan of the typical EV style which seems to be mixtures of tail lights spanning the entire rear, uber-futuristic designs, full-face wheels (I get it, you don't need to cool your brakes now that most of them have regenerative braking), randomly painting body panels a different color.

The main thing for me is that they're all essentially being powered by the same thing now: 1-2 electric motors. There's no more boxer rumbles, loud V8s, inline 6cyl with turbos, superchargers, etc. Just a soulless little electric motor or two

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

The ban is already in place in CA. 2035 I think, now the question becomes do they enforce it at that time. Infrastructure is so far behind for this it is scary.

We just added more solar to the house in anticipation of somewhere in the future buying an electric car. Hoping the initial purchase price comes down sooner rather than later. Hard to pencil at the current prices.

I think it gets worse before it gets better, and with gas price always rising exponentially faster than it drops, you might want to reconsider purchasing now that you are investing in more panels. Plus, auto loans are lower than inflation rates, borrowing the money is almost "free"

Edited by yungkory
left out some words like a bozo

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

19 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I'm just not a fan of the typical EV style which seems to be mixtures of tail lights spanning the entire rear, uber-futuristic designs, full-face wheels (I get it, you don't need to cool your brakes now that most of them have regenerative braking), randomly painting body panels a different color.

The main thing for me is that they're all essentially being powered by the same thing now: 1-2 electric motors. There's no more boxer rumbles, loud V8s, inline 6cyl with turbos, superchargers, etc. Just a soulless little electric motor or two

... It has taken me a little time to get used to the futuristic look as well. Although the Mach E just looks like a bad a$$ fastback from the 70's. Quite few including the Mach E and GV60 have computer generated muscle car sounds for those put off by the silence. Mach E had 3 levels of sound and I kinda preferred the entry level fake engine noise but I will try and live with pure electric and see if I can get used to it. The eerie part is every stop feels like the engine shut off. 🤪

18 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It has taken me a little time to get used to the futuristic look as well. Although the Mach E just looks like a bad a$$ fastback from the 70's. Quite few including the Mach E and GV60 have computer generated muscle car sounds for those put off by the silence. Mach E had 3 levels of sound and I kinda preferred the entry level fake engine noise but I will try and live with pure electric and see if I can get used to it. The eerie part is every stop feels like the engine shut off. 🤪

Haha, yeah when I had my friend's Model Y for a weekend, starting it up was always a trip. You just sit down and press the brake and the car is on -- very strange and I don't know if I'll ever get used to that. The Mach E was on my short list of considered EVs, until they stopped taking orders entirely for the next year due to demand. Probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger for shallow aesthetic reasons that I won't mention on here because opinions are like a-holes, and I don't want to offend anyone who has one/wants one. The nice thing is that more and more companies are committing to BEVs so soon there will be something for even the pickiest jerk like me!

33 minutes ago, yungkory said:

The nice thing is that more and more companies are committing to BEVs so soon there will be something for even the pickiest jerk like me!

... The G80 Electric looks identical to the G80 other than the front grill so at least they understand everyone does not want a "Look At Me" EV. I was going to order one but for obvious golf reasons the GV60 Compact SUV has more room for my remote cart and clubs. 

Just got a call from one of the Sales Supervisors, someone ahead of us in line ended up buying another allocation (someone rejected) so we're taking theirs because it's exactly what we wanted (pending test drive).

Now I gotta go get pre-approval for a loan and figure out how much they're going to value my trade-in and whether or not I want to take that or sell it privately. Hopefully they offer me close to the upper end of the KBB value so I can just be done with this whole fiasco until the Q4 is ready in a year.

On 5/30/2022 at 10:55 AM, chisag said:

... But more palatable every time you pass a gas station with a line waiting to pay $5 for a gallon of gas. 🤑

What is this $5 you speak of?! I paid $6.31 yesterday…

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

4 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

What is this $5 you speak of?! I paid $6.31 yesterday…

Lol you poor thing... I just filled the tank for a friend yesterday... $8.5/gallon

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

18 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Is that all?  😬

Only $8.86 USD here... Common permit!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Sounds like we are getting a steal over here… I won’t comment further, because it might break the rules of the forum on political junk, but I think you get the idea where I was headed. 🙃

It's Switzerland... Everything is expensive.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

52 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Just walked by a Tesla… sounded like a radiator cooling fan was running on hyper speed.  That normal?

"Don't know.  Mongo only pawn in game of life"... and I can't afford a Tesla.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

17 hours ago, Shankster said:

Just walked by a Tesla… sounded like a radiator cooling fan was running on hyper speed.  That normal?

While off? They turn themselves on to keep the car cool. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

34 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

So they are on all the time in Phoenix in the summer??

If you want it to keep the inside cool, you can control it via phone app.

Ioniq is coming 7/2 now and we confirmed with the sales manager that it's ours. Now I have time to get my charger installed in the garage. Ordered a Juicebox 40A from Costco, $550 but of course it's $100 shipping to Hawaii. Still less than MSRP on their website.

For anyone else looking for a home EVSE, check to see if your electric company has any rebates. Mine had one on the Juicebox but it was still more expensive than Costco, YMMV!

On 6/2/2022 at 7:42 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

It's Switzerland... Everything is expensive.

But apparently its still has a lot of appeal....My kid is ready to move to Basel after a week long visit with a college class trip!  They all couldn't believe how different that city was from Baltimore!  😆

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

But appar its still has a lot of appeal....My kid is ready to move to Basel after a week long visit with a college class trip!  They all couldn't believe how different that city was from Baltimore!  😆

Not to get off the thread topic , but there is a ton of appeal. Central to everywhere in Europe, wages are high, quality of life is high and in general the ppl are great. It's just too bad she didn't get to the nicer cities like Lucerne, Bern, Thun and in the mountains.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 6/4/2022 at 7:48 PM, Kenny B said:

So they are on all the time in Phoenix in the summer??

On 6/5/2022 at 5:41 AM, Shankster said:

On, not plugged in

What @yungkory said. You can have them turn on to cool themselves off. It’s the loudest I’ve ever heard a Tesla. While driving you can also set how loud you want the car to be. They used to be silent but recently that was made illegal so now they have various levels of noise determined by the driver. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

1 hour ago, jddaigneault said:

What @yungkory said. You can have them turn on to cool themselves off. It’s the loudest I’ve ever heard a Tesla. While driving you can also set how loud you want the car to be. They used to be silent but recently that was made illegal so now they have various levels of noise determined by the driver. 

Can it sound like a hemi?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Nothing like the sound of a Hemi standing between the tailpipes hearing it in stereo.

... Spend some time in Phoenix where soooooooo many vanity pick up trucks with aftermarket exhaust systems sound like a truck and tractor pull and it gets old fast.   🙄

2 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

I'm showing my age, was thinking of a 70's Challenger or Charger, even a Monaco pursuit package with dual exhaust.  Trucks these days are obnoxious and usually overcompensation for the owner's lacking attributes.

... I hear ya! Like McQueens Mustang in Bullet? They made a pleasant sound if there were no enhancements to the exhaust system. My room mate in college freshman year 1971 had a GTO Judge while I drove a VW Beetle. His sounded better. 

16 hours ago, chisag said:

... I hear ya! Like McQueens Mustang in Bullet? They made a pleasant sound if there were no enhancements to the exhaust system. My room mate in college freshman year 1971 had a GTO Judge while I drove a VW Beetle. His sounded better. 

The Beetle would be worth almost as much as the GTO these days.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I for one am very excited about getting an electric vehicle.

I am especially excited for an electric pick up, I got a chance to see the new Rivian R1T truck a couple of weeks ago, and I liked it, well, except for the color, it was the orange one. We will not need new vehicles for at least a few years and at that time, I believe most of the major companies will have their versions of a pick up truck out, the F150 lighting, Silverado, and whatever Dodge has cooking up, currently I am partial to the looks of the Silverado, well except for the price, above 100k at launch.

Due to the range limitations and charging capabilities, we will not fully transition our household to EVs for a little while, specially because we do a lot of road trips of 500+ miles and my wife is a little worried about running out of charge and not being able to charge on a longer trip, so maybe we will have one regular gasoline car and one EV.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg