Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Electric Car Purchase

GolfSpy_APH

21 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Can it sound like a hemi?

The Mach E has “unbridled” mode, which gives the sound of a Mustang GT. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

2 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I for one am very excited about getting an electric vehicle.

I am especially excited for an electric pick up, I got a chance to see the new Rivian R1T truck a couple of weeks ago, and I liked it, well, except for the color, it was the orange one. We will not need new vehicles for at least a few years and at that time, I believe most of the major companies will have their versions of a pick up truck out, the F150 lighting, Silverado, and whatever Dodge has cooking up, currently I am partial to the looks of the Silverado, well except for the price, above 100k at launch.

Due to the range limitations and charging capabilities, we will not fully transition our household to EVs for a little while, specially because we do a lot of road trips of 500+ miles and my wife is a little worried about running out of charge and not being able to charge on a longer trip, so maybe we will have one regular gasoline car and one EV.

I too am very interested in the electric pick ups for work..  I almost ordered the Ford F-150 Lightening.  But I have a rule against ordering first generation vehicles.  My current F-150 has 215,000 miles on it.  So far, nock on wood, it has not had any major problems that would call for a replacement.  I hope I can get a couple more years out of it and then go electric. (I got rid of my last pick-up at around 275,000 miles.)

I spend a month last summer logging my daily milage and did not once exceed 80% of the range.  With home or on-farm charging, I would rarely if ever need to visit a charging station.  The "portable generator" aspect of electric would be great for farm use.  

We've only had the wife's MachE for 6 weeks, but it has been great.  Plug in when you get home at night, charge to desired level, drive past the gas stations the next day.  Plus, the car is fun.  Press the peddle and go--great 0 to 60 and no lag at all.  Makes passing cars on 2 lane highways a breeze.  I  have to tell my wife to be careful--its color is "pull me over red."

When all is said and done, we will probably end up with the MachE, an electric pick up for the farm and our plug-in hybrid, mini-van for long trips.  

12 minutes ago, alfriday101 said:

I too am very interested in the electric pick ups for work..  I almost ordered the Ford F-150 Lightening.  But I have a rule against ordering first generation vehicles.  My current F-150 has 215,000 miles on it.  So far, nock on wood, it has not had any major problems that would call for a replacement.  I hope I can get a couple more years out of it and then go electric. (I got rid of my last pick-up at around 275,000 miles.)

I spend a month last summer logging my daily milage and did not once exceed 80% of the range.  With home or on-farm charging, I would rarely if ever need to visit a charging station.  The "portable generator" aspect of electric would be great for farm use.  

We've only had the wife's MachE for 6 weeks, but it has been great.  Plug in when you get home at night, charge to desired level, drive past the gas stations the next day.  Plus, the car is fun.  Press the peddle and go--great 0 to 60 and no lag at all.  Makes passing cars on 2 lane highways a breeze.  I  have to tell my wife to be careful--its color is "pull me over red."

When all is said and done, we will probably end up with the MachE, an electric pick up for the farm and our plug-in hybrid, mini-van for long trips.  

The mach E is a beautiful car, we have seen a few around and my wife really likes the looks of them.

I am glad that the current f150 has treated you well, and I hope that it keeps that way until you trade it in.

As I mentioned before I think our future will be keep a conventional gas or maybe a hybrid SUV and get an EV to compliment our household vehicles.

A pick up EV would be ideal, but it is not set in stone.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Space toaster landed early so we picked it up yesterday. Aside from confirming how much I hate dealerships, everything so far is pretty phenomenal, despite what I'm about to write.

The car drives absolutely Mizuno buttery smooth. I was reluctant because I'm a brand ***** and, how could a Hyundai be as good as a Tesla? Now I know what they mean when they say a Tesla is not a car maker, and that they're a tech company. I had two Teslas for about a week each as a loaner while I detailed them for a friend who owns a Model Y and Model 3, so my experience is limited, but I've only had the Ioniq 5 for 18 ish hours and I'm satisfied with it, and don't regret that it's not a Tesla from a driving perspective.

That said, it does have some tech things missing that I didn't realize were useful until noticing the shortcomings of the I5.

1. The biggest being auto lock when    you walk away. It's so dumb that the car automatically unlocks, pokes the door handles out, and unfolds the mirrors when I get close to it, but doesn't do the opposite when I walk away. Makes absolutely no sense, but whatever, I have to press the button on the door handle or key fob to lock, or use the phone app.

2. No answer to Tesla's sentry mode. With all of the cameras on the car, why not allow users to plug in a USB storage device of some kind, to monitor the vehicle if they want?

3. No wireless Android Auto/Apple CarPlay. This is supposedly common in the brand, when you get a bigger screen, you lose this functionality for some reason. What's more strange is there's wireless charging. So I can charge it wirelessly, but for AA/CarPlay I need to plug it in?

4. No phone-as-a-key for non-limited trims; doesn't support Apple anyways. Not a huge deal, but our other car is "dumb" and requires a fob -- having two fobs on keychain makes the minimalist inside of me cry. This might be fixed with a software update soon supposedly. The kid at the stealership said it's going to work for non limited trims, everything I read online says otherwise.

I'm sure there will be more things that I find lacking on this car, I hope not, but I'm very picky. I will say that as a motorized vehicle dictionary definition, this thing checks all the boxes.

54140D2F-CD7F-43F0-8D54-2E1FF3CD6164.jpeg.0f3df63af0a05f7ce5f72d4bb8bb0689.jpeg

I hate the wheels tho

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

4 hours ago, yungkory said:

Space toaster landed early so we picked it up yesterday. Aside from confirming how much I hate dealerships, everything so far is pretty phenomenal, despite what I'm about to write.

The car drives absolutely Mizuno buttery smooth. I was reluctant because I'm a brand ***** and, how could a Hyundai be as good as a Tesla? Now I know what they mean when they say a Tesla is not a car maker, and that they're a tech company. I had two Teslas for about a week each as a loaner while I detailed them for a friend who owns a Model Y and Model 3, so my experience is limited, but I've only had the Ioniq 5 for 18 ish hours and I'm satisfied with it, and don't regret that it's not a Tesla from a driving perspective.

That said, it does have some tech things missing that I didn't realize were useful until noticing the shortcomings of the I5.

1. The biggest being auto lock when    you walk away. It's so dumb that the car automatically unlocks, pokes the door handles out, and unfolds the mirrors when I get close to it, but doesn't do the opposite when I walk away. Makes absolutely no sense, but whatever, I have to press the button on the door handle or key fob to lock, or use the phone app.

2. No answer to Tesla's sentry mode. With all of the cameras on the car, why not allow users to plug in a USB storage device of some kind, to monitor the vehicle if they want?

3. No wireless Android Auto/Apple CarPlay. This is supposedly common in the brand, when you get a bigger screen, you lose this functionality for some reason. What's more strange is there's wireless charging. So I can charge it wirelessly, but for AA/CarPlay I need to plug it in?

4. No phone-as-a-key for non-limited trims; doesn't support Apple anyways. Not a huge deal, but our other car is "dumb" and requires a fob -- having two fobs on keychain makes the minimalist inside of me cry. This might be fixed with a software update soon supposedly. The kid at the stealership said it's going to work for non limited trims, everything I read online says otherwise.

I'm sure there will be more things that I find lacking on this car, I hope not, but I'm very picky. I will say that as a motorized vehicle dictionary definition, this thing checks all the boxes.

I hate the wheels tho

... Thanks for this detailed summery. I really look forward to hearing about everything you have to say and thank goodness you are picky  🤗  as I hope to have my GV60 by fall and will know what to expect. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

6 hours ago, yungkory said:

I hate the wheels tho

To my knowledge, not many cars support wireless Android Auto, so I've considered a dongle for my GLE

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidAuto/comments/tmf9je/aawireless_or_carsifi/

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

14 hours ago, chisag said:

... Thanks for this detailed summery. I really look forward to hearing about everything you have to say and thank goodness you are picky  🤗  as I hope to have my GV60 by fall and will know what to expect. 

I'm sure you're going to love it if you've already had a Genesis in the past. I owe them an apology, always considered them to be a "lesser" brand, mostly because of the combustion engines of the past. With EVs the playing field is a lot more level, and if you know anything about batteries, you know Korea is known to have the highest quality. Hell, maybe I'll look at a GV60 too!

12 hours ago, Kanoito said:

To my knowledge, not many cars support wireless Android Auto, so I've considered a dongle for my GLE

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidAuto/comments/tmf9je/aawireless_or_carsifi/

Yeah, it's not common in OEMs, but a lot of aftermarket head units have it. It's just strange that their "lower" model cars have it, but their flagship EV doesn't.

If I lived in Europe, I would be throwing my wallet at them, telling them to take my money:

https://www.cupraofficial.com/cars/cupra-range/born.html

• 3 weeks later...

EV events in my neighborhood....

I saw a Rivian on the road for the first time on Friday.  And this is somewhat golf related because it was turning into the entrance road to Bulle Rock.  It didn't look hideous to me like the Tesla "truck", just different enough that I had to look for the branding to see what it was.  

Yesterday I was driving up I95 through DE and traffic is REALLY backed up approaching the NJ turnoff.  Turns out there's no accident but it is a Tesla sitting in the middle lane of 5 lanes of traffic.  I really wanted to know if it was a mechanical issue, a software bug, they forgot to charge up the batteries or maybe they missed a payment and Elon shut it down remotely 😛.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

5 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

they forgot to charge up the batteries

... What a nightmare! I ran run out of gas more in my lifetime than I have forgotten to charge my electric cart. Never happened when the battery was good for 27 holes but once lithium made 36 holes the standard I have had several rounds where I thought I had played 18 but had played 36 and tried to stretch it to 54. Worked twice just barely and the battery died once. Since I play 5 times a week in fall/winter/spring it is easy to forget how many rounds I have played on a charge so I now have a system where I turn my battery upside down in the trunk after playing 2 rounds so I know it needs to be recharged. 

... I certainly never want to make that mistake with an electric car and I imagine it will be easier when my GV60 arrives, now looking like possibly the start of 2023 😕. It is only 4.4 miles to my home muni so roughly 10-15 miles a day should last quite awhile before I need to plug it in to my garage charger. I don't like to get below 1/2 tank with my gas G80 and figure it will be the same when I go electric. There is an electric car program with the local electric supplier you can sign up for with reduced rates from 11pm - 5 am and from what I understand you can program your electric car to charge during those hours. 

11 hours ago, chisag said:

There is an electric car program with the local electric supplier you can sign up for with reduced rates from 11pm - 5 am and from what I understand you can program your electric car to charge during those hours. 

Don't count on the Genesis/Hyundai app to be smart enough to do that. Currently, I can program my smart charger to do that, but the Hyundai app only lets me set the charging limits and start/stop charging.

I have a Juicebox 40a from Costco. It's cheaper than their standard 40a because the cable is 5' shorter (20' vs 25'). I only need about 6 feet total so the length doesn't really matter to me... 

image.gif.042d84b1658f2aed2eb9e00faceb77a1.gif

6 hours ago, yungkory said:

Don't count on the Genesis/Hyundai app to be smart enough to do that. Currently, I can program my smart charger to do that, but the Hyundai app only lets me set the charging limits and start/stop charging.

Off peak programmable not available in the USA? https://www.hyundai.com/eu/electrification/owning-an-electric-vehicle/reasons-why/charging/charging-at-home.html

C2756F65-689E-4E0A-91C5-9341CF587146.jpeg

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

Here in Michigan they do have "off peak" charging available, but it is through the electrical outlet programing rather than a vehicle set-up feature.

Have some friends with Ford, GM, Nissan, and Hyundai EV's and all have stated that the only way to charge off peak is in this manner. Here is it after 11:00PM and is limited to 11kw at that time.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

My concern regarding EV’s is there is no mechanism for EV’s to contribute to the “road tax” to help maintain our infrastructure as gas powered vehicles pay through gas tax.  My suggestion is to charge a “tax” annually when you register your car tag. 
I purchased two new vehicles this past year, Ford Bronco Sport and Ford Maverick.  Both get from 25 mpg city to 30 mpg Highway. I really have no plans to acquire an EV.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

4 hours ago, fozcycle said:

My concern regarding EV’s is there is no mechanism for EV’s to contribute to the “road tax” to help maintain our infrastructure as gas powered vehicles pay through gas tax.

... Illinois charges a higher tax for yearly EV registration. I know this is political to some but really just common sense. My main reason for going electric is the damage gas does to the environment. Everyone seems to agree but of course the problem is you can't change an entire financial Ecco system over night. Genesis plans on producing only EV's by 2025 and of course Ford has an electric Mustang and F150 so the future is not only coming, it is already here. 

... I will add after driving one the acceleration was awesome and the convenience of never waiting in line at Costco for gas again while my car charges over night in my own garage made the decision easy. Quite literally Ymmv 😉

4 hours ago, fozcycle said:

My suggestion is to charge a “tax” annually when you register your car tag. 

Ohio does. A hybrid is $100 more and electric is $200 more per year.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

6 hours ago, fozcycle said:

My concern regarding EV’s is there is no mechanism for EV’s to contribute to the “road tax” to help maintain our infrastructure as gas powered vehicles pay through gas tax.  My suggestion is to charge a “tax” annually when you register your car tag. 
I purchased two new vehicles this past year, Ford Bronco Sport and Ford Maverick.  Both get from 25 mpg city to 30 mpg Highway. I really have no plans to acquire an EV.

30 states already do, with more on the way...

According to the National Conference of State Legislatures, a total of 30 states have laws that require a fee to use plug-in electric cars. Of the 30 states, 14 have a fee on plug-in hybrid vehicles. The fees range between $50 a year and as high as $225. For example, Idaho created legislation that would boost the fee from $140 to $300. Also, Idaho moved to create a 2.5 cents per mile fee that drivers can pay instead of the annual fee. 

The states with fees include Alabama, Arkansas, California Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, South Carolina, North Dakota, South Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennesse, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

3 hours ago, MattF said:

Ohio does. A hybrid is $100 more and electric is $200 more per year.

Now that’s a start….but i5 should equal what yo7 per gallon for 15,000 miles a year.  I think gas taxes are about 25 to 30 cents a gallon. 

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

37 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Now that’s a start….but i5 should equal what yo7 per gallon for 15,000 miles a year.  I think gas taxes are about 25 to 30 cents a gallon. 

I drive about 12K per year at a maximum, my car gets ~25 mpg, and in Ohio, state gas tax is $0.385 per gallon. Doing the math ends up with an equivalent tax of $184.80, so Ohio is already "overtaxing" EV owners.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

On 6/7/2022 at 8:00 AM, jddaigneault said:

The Mach E has “unbridled” mode, which gives the sound of a Mustang GT. 

"Unbridled mode"... now that is clever 👏.

On 6/18/2022 at 5:10 PM, yungkory said:

54140D2F-CD7F-43F0-8D54-2E1FF3CD6164.jpeg.0f3df63af0a05f7ce5f72d4bb8bb0689.jpeg

I hate the wheels tho

Looks pretty sporty.  How about the interior?  One thing I don't like are utilitarian interior designs.  Also, if you didn't mean to say "stealership", it still works 🙂.  If we end up in AZ, I'm pretty sure one of the cars will be all electric but still lots of research to do.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

10 hours ago, Middler said:

Ah, I found it in the app, is in a separate page and didn't notice it:

78AA91D8-4929-4EAE-AA35-D11A7F67B0D7.png.ea2d72f5b538914515f1ea448456f17c.png

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

"Unbridled mode"... now that is clever 👏.

Looks pretty sporty.  How about the interior?  One thing I don't like are utilitarian interior designs.  Also, if you didn't mean to say "stealership", it still works 🙂.  If we end up in AZ, I'm pretty sure one of the cars will be all electric but still lots of research to do.

100% intentional. Car stealerships are the worst. If there's anything I learned from Tesla is that car dealerships are 100% unnecessary and if I sold cars I would be weary of my position in the future. D2C, no BS dealer markups or "market adjustments" for a car that I sold myself because I did my own research. Also, due to the sales climate, I had to seek the car out myself -- they're not just sitting on the lot. 

edit: sorry, in my rage and fury about dealerships I didn't answer your question. The interior is really well put together. The doors are nice and heavy, so the road noise is almost 0. It's honestly quieter than both of my previous BMWs, but obviously a lot of the noise from those cars comes from the motor.

If you're in an area that gets a lot of sun, year round, it's very economical, even if you get taxed a couple hundred bucks a year. I charged the car during the day yesterday and my 8.5 kW rooftop panels + battery was 82% self-sufficient according to the Tesla (I have a Tesla PV system) app. The capital investment with Solar system + EV will pay itself off eventually not having to buy electricity and gas. Also people forget that EVs have nearly 0 maintenance fees. No more oil changes, belts, radiators, hoses, etc. Also with engine braking, probably go through less rotors and pads. Not sure about tires though, I'm going to have to see, since the vehicle is a lot heavier than standard.

15 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I drive about 12K per year at a maximum, my car gets ~25 mpg, and in Ohio, state gas tax is $0.385 per gallon. Doing the math ends up with an equivalent tax of $184.80, so Ohio is already "overtaxing" EV owners.

Now that I know that, it makes it a bit more palatable.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

5 hours ago, MattF said:

Now that I know that, it makes it a bit more palatable.

Yeah, and if you want to drive something with crappy mileage (like an old Trailblazer), you'll get taxed accordingly. It's gotta make you feel a little better about your new car.

My wife's car usually ends up ~8k miles per year and gets close to 35 mpg, so its tax is closer to $88. Seems like the state has at least done some homework and is in the ballpark for some sort of average Ohioan rather than randomly throwing out some high number for EV's to offset lack of fuel purchased.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I've been looking at getting into an Electric vehicle or PHEV.  A friend just got the Tesla Plaid after having a Tesla Model x and a Porsche 718. He loves the Plaid. I drove the model X and it was pretty darn awesome and I'm sure he'd let me drive the Plaid but man, I don't want to be that tempted, LOL. A lot of Tesla's around in about my area, and the Mach-E's and Ionic 5's are becoming more common as well. I keep on looking at PHEV's though.  Our level of driving has decreased significantly because of covid but we still do a bit of driving (in fact I just filled up the wife's mini-van because she seems to never fill the dang thing up and leaves it close to empty🤦‍♂️). I'm a car guy but I don't think I'll be getting a car due to family needs.  So I'm looking at the BMW x5 PHEV, the Volvo XC-90 PHEV or just getting an SUV with hybrid tech.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

3 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

I've been looking at getting into an Electric vehicle or PHEV.  A friend just got the Tesla Plaid after having a Tesla Model x and a Porsche 718. He loves the Plaid. I drove the model X and it was pretty darn awesome and I'm sure he'd let me drive the Plaid but man, I don't want to be that tempted, LOL. A lot of Tesla's around in about my area, and the Mach-E's and Ionic 5's are becoming more common as well. I keep on looking at PHEV's though.  Our level of driving has decreased significantly because of covid but we still do a bit of driving (in fact I just filled up the wife's mini-van because she seems to never fill the dang thing up and leaves it close to empty🤦‍♂️). I'm a car guy but I don't think I'll be getting a car due to family needs.  So I'm looking at the BMW x5 PHEV, the Volvo XC-90 PHEV or just getting an SUV with hybrid tech.

MDGolfHacker

If your daily commute decreased, I'm curious why you want a PHEV? Just because of range anxiety?

It's difficult for me to say for sure, since I don't live in the contiguous states, and road trips are impossible, but I would rather purchase my car with my daily commute in mind, rather than the 1-3 times a year I was road tripping. With L3 chargers becoming more common in more areas, unless you're going somewhere super rural I think BEV still makes the most sense. Only time I would hesitate would be if I couldn't L2 charge at home.

Not criticizing your choice, don't take it that way, just curious!

14 hours ago, yungkory said:

If your daily commute decreased, I'm curious why you want a PHEV? Just because of range anxiety?

It's difficult for me to say for sure, since I don't live in the contiguous states, and road trips are impossible, but I would rather purchase my car with my daily commute in mind, rather than the 1-3 times a year I was road tripping. With L3 chargers becoming more common in more areas, unless you're going somewhere super rural I think BEV still makes the most sense. Only time I would hesitate would be if I couldn't L2 charge at home.

Not criticizing your choice, don't take it that way, just curious!

@yungkory,

My daily commute wasn't much to begin with😀.  I usually jumped on the MARC Train (commuter train) into DC and then a few Metro trains to my office.  The commute to the MARC train station was only a 5 minute drive (20 minutes if you count looking for a parking space😅😂🤣).  If it were up to me, then I would go all in for an electric vehicle considering the tax breaks that some manufacturers still have and possible price discounts on.  My wife on the other hand, just wouldn't go for it just for that reason, range anxiety and taking 30 minutes if we had to stop and charge on a trip for a BEV (she'd be all in if we had transporters from star trek, LOL).  I've laid out the facts about electric vehicle and how much we actually drive on a daily basis, cost savings, not having to gas up, but she just doesn't see it (especially since I pretty much gas up both cars almost 100% of the time).  I can't remember the last time she actually gassed up either vehicle, LOL. Not ruling out BEV but a PHEV would be a good balance with the ability to rely on the gas engine for long hauls and the PHEV side to meeting our local commuting needs.  Nothing has been finalized yet.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

2 hours ago, MDGolfHacker said:

@yungkory,

My daily commute wasn't much to begin with😀.  I usually jumped on the MARC Train (commuter train) into DC and then a few Metro trains to my office.  The commute to the MARC train station was only a 5 minute drive (20 minutes if you count looking for a parking space😅😂🤣).  If it were up to me, then I would go all in for an electric vehicle considering the tax breaks that some manufacturers still have and possible price discounts on.  My wife on the other hand, just wouldn't go for it just for that reason, range anxiety and taking 30 minutes if we had to stop and charge on a trip for a BEV (she'd be all in if we had transporters from star trek, LOL).  I've laid out the facts about electric vehicle and how much we actually drive on a daily basis, cost savings, not having to gas up, but she just doesn't see it (especially since I pretty much gas up both cars almost 100% of the time).  I can't remember the last time she actually gassed up either vehicle, LOL. Not ruling out BEV but a PHEV would be a good balance with the ability to rely on the gas engine for long hauls and the PHEV side to meeting our local commuting needs.  Nothing has been finalized yet.

MDGolfHacker

Ahhh, it all makes sense now! I guess you're just going to have to get a PHEV and then once she overcomes the range anxiety, another BEV!

• 4 weeks later...

Just FYI, if you're in the states, and this current bill passes.

Foreign-made EVs will no longer receive the $7500 tax credit. For me, it means cancelling the reservation we have on the Audi Q4 e-tron, because in addition to them jacking the MSRP up (before they've even delivered a single one stateside btw) after stealership markup, and now without a $7500 rebate, the car is out of budget.

This also means that for folks who were eyeing the GV60 ( @chisag ), Ioniq5, or Kia EV6 unless your car is delivered before Jan 1, 2023 it will not qualify either. I know Hyundai is building a production facility in GA, so in a few years it'll be at least partially manufactured in the US.

In other news, it's obvious that VW follows this thread and/or takes what I say to heart (extreme sarcasm) because the 2023 ID.4 no longer has a random brown dash. Maybe @sirchunksalot passed that info along that no one actually liked it, they just settled.

Likely going to put a reservation on an ID.4 RWD. I don't think there's a better value currently. Really wish we would get the ID.3 and ID.5 in the states but you folks on the mainland prefer massive SUVs so apparently there's only a market for that, lol.

On 7/13/2022 at 5:06 PM, MDGolfHacker said:

@yungkory,

MDGolfHacker

My wife had the same concerns about a full EV, and she is the one who chauffers the kids every day, so she got the GLE Coupe Hybrid. If you consider the BMW X5, might take a look at Benz... I liked it more.

Speaking of which, just picked up my Q4 etron on Monday and I'm loving the acceleration. Not a fan of the robot in space ship sound effects though.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT