TESTERS WANTED! ×

Electric Car Purchase

GolfSpy_APH

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... Mine installed a 60A breaker as well. So since we have the same battery in our cars and the same charger my question is, how long does it take for a full charge and do you always charge it completely? My Power company offers a reduced EV rate between 11pm to 6am and of course I can program it to charge then. 

I pretty much charge once a week to 80%. Obviously there's no road trips in Hawaii. 80% gets my wife 250ish miles which is enough for her weekly commute. Currently sitting at 33% with estimated 108mi left, charged it to 80% on Sunday:

8C5B60D8-426A-4F17-A353-1E584953064F.png.0052f3d32248eb04ba4e80f9541c9866.png

I try as much as possible to charge when the sun is out. My solar and battery, at peak solar generation, can charge the car without pulling from the grid, so it's basically free when that lines up.

If 80% can get you through the week I would encourage you to stay in that 20-80% range and charge to full when you go on road trips. They say it's best for the battery, but above all, it takes more to get from 80-100% so you lose a lot of efficiency and burn more kWh which means more electric bill.

My electric bill went up $50 or so, but not buying gas every week more than makes up for it.

Edit: didn't answer your question. At 40A you basically get 10kW per hour. So divide the battery capacity by 10 and you can guestimate how long it takes to charge. From 20-80 for me about 6-7hrs @ 40A

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

4 minutes ago, yungkory said:

If 80% can get you through the week I would encourage you to stay in that 20-80% range and charge to full when you go on road trips. They say it's best for the battery, but above all, it takes more to get from 80-100% so you lose a lot of efficiency and burn more kWh which means more electric bill.

... Thanks for all the info! It all depends on where I need to go as I have no set routines. But thankfully my winter course is exactly 4.4 miles from home. Sprouts, my grocery store is 3.3 miles. But the closest PGA SS is 26.2 miles. 🤪

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

6 hours ago, chisag said:

... Thanks for all the info! It all depends on where I need to go as I have no set routines. But thankfully my winter course is exactly 4.4 miles from home. Sprouts, my grocery store is 3.3 miles. But the closest PGA SS is 26.2 miles. 🤪

Yeah, in your case I would say you'll probably be charging once a week, and to do so whenever your rates are cheapest or if you have solar, whenever you're producing. 80% will cover you 5 round-trips to PGA SS 😆

15 hours ago, yungkory said:

I pretty much charge once a week to 80%. Obviously there's no road trips in Hawaii. 80% gets my wife 250ish miles which is enough for her weekly commute. Currently sitting at 33% with estimated 108mi left, charged it to 80% on Sunday:

8C5B60D8-426A-4F17-A353-1E584953064F.png.0052f3d32248eb04ba4e80f9541c9866.png

I try as much as possible to charge when the sun is out. My solar and battery, at peak solar generation, can charge the car without pulling from the grid, so it's basically free when that lines up.

My electric bill went up $50 or so, but not buying gas every week more than makes up for it.

Edit: didn't answer your question. At 40A you basically get 10kW per hour. So divide the battery capacity by 10 and you can guestimate how long it takes to charge. From 20-80 for me about 6-7hrs @ 40A

Wait... I thought the 80% rule was just to avoid the having the battery sitting at full charge for too long?
I didn't know from 80% to 100% consumes more electricity. That's good to know... I'll change the setting to 80% then.

My daily drive is 16km round trip to work.

Until now, my yearly electricity bill was about $1300. With the whole war thing going on, it's expected to jump all the way to $3000-4000 and now winter without sun... it's gonna hurt.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

4 hours ago, Kanoito said:

Wait... I thought the 80% rule was just to avoid the having the battery sitting at full charge for too long?
I didn't know from 80% to 100% consumes more electricity. That's good to know... I'll change the setting to 80% then.

My daily drive is 16km round trip to work.

Until now, my yearly electricity bill was about $1300. With the whole war thing going on, it's expected to jump all the way to $3000-4000 and now winter without sun... it's gonna hurt.

From 20-80 it might take your car two hours to charge. From 80-100 it'll take another hour according to this study: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352484719310911

"Note that, the total time to charge the car from 20% to 100% of SoC was, on average, 3 h and 6 min, while for the area between 20%–80% of SoC it took almost 2 h and for the last 20% of SoC"

So yeah, it's better for the battery lifecycle to do the 20-80 thing, but it's also better on your energy bill. So when your commute allows it, it's better to just charge to 80%.

I've read online that people charge to 100% once a month for "conditioning" but I don't see any evidence to back it up. Supposedly to keep the battery in good health, but hard to believe everything you read on the internet. Even the article I linked might be a sham, but at least I'm able to measure that myself, and I've found it to be consistent. I've done L3 charging twice and both times the car flew to 80 quickly, then plateaued

2 hours ago, yungkory said:

From 20-80 it might take your car two hours to charge. From 80-100 it'll take another hour according to this study: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352484719310911

"Note that, the total time to charge the car from 20% to 100% of SoC was, on average, 3 h and 6 min, while for the area between 20%–80% of SoC it took almost 2 h and for the last 20% of SoC"

So yeah, it's better for the battery lifecycle to do the 20-80 thing, but it's also better on your energy bill. So when your commute allows it, it's better to just charge to 80%.

I've read online that people charge to 100% once a month for "conditioning" but I don't see any evidence to back it up. Supposedly to keep the battery in good health, but hard to believe everything you read on the internet. Even the article I linked might be a sham, but at least I'm able to measure that myself, and I've found it to be consistent. I've done L3 charging twice and both times the car flew to 80 quickly, then plateaued

I had a BMW i3 and that logic from charging was accurate re 0-80% fast, final 20% slower.

One of my first experiences with this topic as an EV owner was enlightening.

I stopped at a charger on a long journey home with about 6% battery remaining.  The single FAST DC charger was blocked  - the guy had just bought his EV and this was charge number 2 for him.  He was only 12% when I arrived so I knew I had at least an hour to wait, so grabbed some food to kill the time as there were no other chargers nearby back in those days. I eat, wander and come back an hour later and he's at 82%.  I ask him when he thinks it will be done and he say probably only 15 minutes.  I tell him the 0-80% / 20% logic mentioned above and he says, nope thats not how his car works. I nod knowingly, mumbling to my self.  45 minutes later he's at 87% so I ask him if he needs to be 100% to get home.  He says he lives only 3 miles away ..... I ask him politely if he can cut it short since I need ALL OF THE POWER I CAN GET HERE TO GET HOME. He is resistant but finally gives in and acknowledges that "maybe his first charge was the same thing, but he thought it was a first charge only thing ...."

I think EV owners should be given basic EV etiquette education  - it's a different way of living, especially when the cars in question are of the limited capacity variety.

Titleist T300 (2022) 5-PW, W48, W53 plus Taylormade Full Face 56 SW 

Current  driver Titleist TSi3

Hybrids Titleist 818 19 H2 23 H2

Gamer Putter Nike Method Matters B1-07

Ball Titleist Tour Speed / Taylormade Tour Response

Bag is Titleist Linksmaster 

Pushcart is Kaddey

Rangefinder is Voice Caddie SL2

Shotscope club tags 

1 hour ago, golferguy2727 said:

I had a BMW i3 and that logic from charging was accurate re 0-80% fast, final 20% slower.

One of my first experiences with this topic as an EV owner was enlightening.

I stopped at a charger on a long journey home with about 6% battery remaining.  The single FAST DC charger was blocked  - the guy had just bought his EV and this was charge number 2 for him.  He was only 12% when I arrived so I knew I had at least an hour to wait, so grabbed some food to kill the time as there were no other chargers nearby back in those days. I eat, wander and come back an hour later and he's at 82%.  I ask him when he thinks it will be done and he say probably only 15 minutes.  I tell him the 0-80% / 20% logic mentioned above and he says, nope thats not how his car works. I nod knowingly, mumbling to my self.  45 minutes later he's at 87% so I ask him if he needs to be 100% to get home.  He says he lives only 3 miles away ..... I ask him politely if he can cut it short since I need ALL OF THE POWER I CAN GET HERE TO GET HOME. He is resistant but finally gives in and acknowledges that "maybe his first charge was the same thing, but he thought it was a first charge only thing ...."

I think EV owners should be given basic EV etiquette education  - it's a different way of living, especially when the cars in question are of the limited capacity variety.

Just like the golf industry, there are a lot of unaware consumers. Just have to try and communicate the things you've learned along your journey and hopefully people listen and pass the word along. 

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

Even the article I linked might be a sham

That's a peer reviewed journal so it should be legit (unless the authors AND reviewer(s) were morons, but that's unlikely).

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Finally got a build date for my Mach E! Coming to a course near you in November. 

Though I’m debating immediately selling it. Between the $7500 credit, a $2500 ford options rebate, and them honoring the 2022 price I’m getting it for $17k under MSRP. If I can flip it for close to that I can upgrade to a Model Y and save some money in the process. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Really need to get the wall box installed at home. We have a charger there, but between adapters or the wall charge it's been weird. Never a issue because there is a charging station at work, but certainly would prefer something at home. The cat simply (not unsurprisingly) will not fully charge. Best is say 70%. Certainly been an adjustment but one i can live with. Only other knock I'll say is highway driving kills the battery and range. Thankfully I don't end up doing a lot of long distance driving, but I'm acutely aware of looking for charging stations now. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Really need to get the wall box installed at home. We have a charger there, but between adapters or the wall charge it's been weird. Never a issue because there is a charging station at work, but certainly would prefer something at home. The cat simply (not unsurprisingly) will not fully charge. Best is say 70%. Certainly been an adjustment but one i can live with. Only other knock I'll say is highway driving kills the battery and range. Thankfully I don't end up doing a lot of long distance driving, but I'm acutely aware of looking for charging stations now. 

What is the battery % / km you lose on highway driving compared to local driving?   I am curious to see what effect winter time heater use has on the range as well.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

• 3 months later...

Heard a few horror stories about many with EV in the US where the cold temps caused massive lineups for chargers and some where the car simply wouldn't charge because it was too cold. Hopefully none of you all had this issue. 

I am about 5k KM in with my EV and have to say I am fairly impressed. I would love an extra 50km or range (35 miles) however it does all that I want and require of a car. 

It is so easy and functional to drive and other than a bit of extra planning for some longer trips it's been awfully easy to go about my normal day to day without much thinking. 

We did get the wall box installed at home (for UK folks they have a few surprises coming here... if I find the article I'll post it) and it charges at 12 kw/h which means its about a 3 hour charge. 

I certainly don't know if I would recommend a EV to everyone. Certainly takes a bit more planning and thinking at times, however 6 months in or so I will say it is essentially second nature now and I do very little thinking as to where and when I need to charge. 

My free 50kw/h charger at work has been taken away due to ppl abusing it however thankfully there are still some other options!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Tesla Model X 2016.  Love it!  I have the base model of 237 miles. Never had to restrict my trips as Tesla has Superchargers everywhere.  I expect their coverage is good in Switzerland. 

Falcon wings door were specially designed to make getting a baby in and out very easily.

Fun to drive.  I wouldn't buy another brand in the US unless for local travel. The other manufacturers charging infrastructure is not yet robust enough.

I've had a 2022 Mustang Mach-E since May and love it. I recharge at home every 7-10 days very inexpensively because our electric company has a special overnight EV rate. Have only taken one extended trip (from Sacramento, CA to Los Gatos in the Bay Area). Got there easily on one charge and the hotel had a free charger, which I used overnight to get a full charge.  Northern California has quite an extensive infrastructure for EVs. That said, I didn't buy the car for long hauls, we use our gas SUV for that. And I'm a bit disappointed at the range on my car. The standard battery, which I bought, is advertised to go 225 miles or so, but the best I've gotten is about 195 miles. In cold weather the range is even less than that. I agree with others that there should be a self-charging capability on the cars themselves, either solar or a mechanical flywheel or something. The braking regeneration does add some range, but not all that much.  As far as golf goes, the Mach-E has plenty of room to accommodate two golf bags and two push carts.

Ping G400 Driver, Ping G410 3W & 5W, Cobra King F9 4h, Cobra King F9 irons (5 - GW), Cleveland CBX Wedges (54* and 60*), Odyssey Toe Up 1 Putter

1 minute ago, Smackey17 said:

I've had a 2022 Mustang Mach-E since May and love it. I recharge at home every 7-10 days very inexpensively because our electric company has a special overnight EV rate. Have only taken one extended trip (from Sacramento, CA to Los Gatos in the Bay Area). Got there easily on one charge and the hotel had a free charger, which I used overnight to get a full charge.  Northern California has quite an extensive infrastructure for EVs. That said, I didn't buy the car for long hauls, we use our gas SUV for that. And I'm a bit disappointed at the range on my car. The standard battery, which I bought, is advertised to go 225 miles or so, but the best I've gotten is about 195 miles. In cold weather the range is even less than that. I agree with others that there should be a self-charging capability on the cars themselves, either solar or a mechanical flywheel or something. The braking regeneration does add some range, but not all that much.  As far as golf goes, the Mach-E has plenty of room to accommodate two golf bags and two push carts.

Best I've got on brake recharge was 7% which i thought was pretty awesome.

We do see a fair few Mach E here and I wish they had been around to test when we were thinking about buying. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

My view on EV,  great technology but expensive. The rise in gas price, here in the US, cost me about $100 more per month, which is a small cost compared to the purchase of an EV. So not in my future since I’ve never owned a new car anyway.  I’ve ridden in a big Tesla and that’s the model I do like, but to expensive for me. I’m 66 years old and like my Cadillacs. I also don’t believe green energy is all that green. 

1 hour ago, Smackey17 said:

I've had a 2022 Mustang Mach-E since May and love it.

... I had one on order, paid the deposit and 9 months later it still hadn't started being built. My last 4 cars, including ex wife and son, have been a Genesis and I am extremely happy with them. When I found out they were releasing the GV60, I cancelled my Mach E order last November as the GV 60 was due for a March release. Of course it wasn't and now in January and 14 months later I am still waiting. 

... The sad part of the story is both cars were priced similar. My Ford dealer called me last April to let me know my car had arrived and before selling it to someone on the waiting list they would give me the option to still buy it. I thanked them but declined. Then the new EV rules went into effect last September and I lost the $7500 tax credit. Had I know that was coming I would have purchased the Mach E. And now that the Mach E price has gone up $10,000 my resale value means I could probably sell it a few years down the road for more than I paid for it. 

... Glad to hear you love your Mach E but given the above, next time could you please just lie about it?  🤪  In the meantime my garage still laughs at me every time I get into my G80:

JuiceBox.JPG.45c280be21441978c1dbe3bc0f927a95.JPG

I can relate to that. I ordered my Mach-E in August 2021 and didn't get it until the end of May 2022. Almost cancelled the order a couple of times, but figured I'd have to start over somewhere else and still have to wait.  I'd trade you my car for your handicap though.

Ping G400 Driver, Ping G410 3W & 5W, Cobra King F9 4h, Cobra King F9 irons (5 - GW), Cleveland CBX Wedges (54* and 60*), Odyssey Toe Up 1 Putter

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Best I've got on brake recharge was 7% which i thought was pretty awesome.

... Does your EV have brake options? When I test drove the Mach E I knew it would take time to get used to the regenerative braking feature but the GV60 has 3 brake settings. Full regenerative, partial and normal braking. Some reviews I have read say it is a trade off because coasting saves the battery as much as recharging from regenerative braking. Just wondering ...

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Does your EV have brake options? When I test drove the Mach E I knew it would take time to get used to the regenerative braking feature but the GV60 has 3 brake settings. Full regenerative, partial and normal braking. Some reviews I have read say it is a trade off because coasting saves the battery as much as recharging from regenerative braking. Just wondering ...

There are essentially 2 brake modes. Normal drive and then B for brake regen. 

Here are my thoughts on it. I use the brake regen almost exclusively. My whole drive to work is downhill and I regain about 1-2% on my drive to work. If I hit traffic I break even. Going home I use about 5% because it is a lot of uphill. however there are also 3 different drive modes. Eco, Normal and Sport. 

When I started I used Eco all the time... well honestly doesn't make that much of a difference. It does limit the comfort features (AC and such) which is where it helps. Other than that it may add all to 10-14km on a full charge. Sport mode well only had it on about 2 times... fun but very much unnecessary. 

Now where I find the biggest gains (no matter the mode) is using cruise control. As much as I believe I am a good driver and can get the most out of it, the computer systems are pretty freaking smart. So I use it anywhere I can and that I have found to help a lot, especially on highway driving. Oh and the speed limits here on highway are 120km or 75mph however going that speed kills it. Simply going 110 (as the signs often go 120 then 100 then back 120 and back to 100) going a simple 110 helps immensely and I haven't noticed much of a difference in getting where I want to go on time.  

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Here are my thoughts on it. I use the brake regen almost exclusively. My whole drive to work is downhill and I regain about 1-2% on my drive to work. If I hit traffic I break even. Going home I use about 5% because it is a lot of uphill. however there are also 3 different drive modes. Eco, Normal and Sport. 

Now where I find the biggest gains (no matter the mode) is using cruise control. As much as I believe I am a good driver and can get the most out of it, the computer systems are pretty freaking smart. So I use it anywhere I can and that I have found to help a lot, especially on highway driving. Oh and the speed limits here on highway are 120km or 75mph however going that speed kills it. Simply going 110 (as the signs often go 120 then 100 then back 120 and back to 100) going a simple 110 helps immensely and I haven't noticed much of a difference in getting where I want to go on time.  

... Thanks! I am sure there will be a trial and error period but I appreciate the info. Unfortunately Phoenix has the best highway structure I have ever experienced and they stay one step ahead. If 7 lanes start getting congested they add an 8th. Traffic is smoother here than anyplace I have lived or visited. The downside is virtually everyone drives  80-100mph and anything slower can cause an idiot in a pick up truck to cut you off although young girls in small cars drive the fastest weaving in and out like Daytona at insanely high speeds.

... Another bummer is the HOV lanes that are only open to cars with two or more passengers or EV's with an EV plate from 6-9am and 3-7pm. The entitled don't care about being green or allowing those that follow the rules of the road to reap the rewards of making the right choice and even though the fine is $400 if caught, it might as well just be another lane. During the 3 years I have lived here I have never seen anyone pulled over even though I have seen State Patrol cars in the lane right next to the HOV.  🙄  

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know who might be in the market for an EV right now, but Tesla just dropped pants on the Model 3 and Y. $13k price drop on the Y, and now it qualifies for the $7500 fed tax credit. They had what my wife wanted in stock locally so I made a midnight order. Definitely not my most sound financial decision ever, lol. Happy wife happy life?

@chisag tagging you because I know you have been looking into an EV. Not sure if Tesla is "your thing" but I figure it doesn't hurt to reach out 🤙

On 1/13/2023 at 4:09 PM, yungkory said:

Don't know who might be in the market for an EV right now, but Tesla just dropped pants on the Model 3 and Y. $13k price drop on the Y, and now it qualifies for the $7500 fed tax credit. They had what my wife wanted in stock locally so I made a midnight order. Definitely not my most sound financial decision ever, lol. Happy wife happy life?

@chisag tagging you because I know you have been looking into an EV. Not sure if Tesla is "your thing" but I figure it doesn't hurt to reach out 🤙

... Thanks I appreciate any EV info! At this point, in for a penny in for pounds and pounds of pennies. Not a Tesla guy although at that price it is tempting. But I am just gonna bite the bullet and pay for the Genesis GV60 when it finally arrives. I am at the top of the list and soon as Genesis starts shipping the Advanced model (no ship dates yet) I will get mine. Sadly I have heard from some sources that may not be til next fall but I am remaining optimistic. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2023 at 4:09 PM, yungkory said:

@chisag tagging you because I know you have been looking into an EV.

... After placing my order for a GV60 Advanced model in November 2021 some 17 months later it is finally due top arrive March 11th. Same Himalayan Gray as my current Genesis. Now I have to start playing the "when to fill the tank game" so I can trade my G80 in with the needle on E. 🤪

17 hours ago, chisag said:

... After placing my order for a GV60 Advanced model in November 2021 some 17 months later it is finally due top arrive March 11th. Same Himalayan Gray as my current Genesis. Now I have to start playing the "when to fill the tank game" so I can trade my G80 in with the needle on E. 🤪

Congratulations for waiting it out!!

On your way to the dealer... don't get stuck in traffic on I-10, I-17, the 101, 202, 303, 51, 60, or any other congested Phoenix road.  It will give you a feeling that you might experience when the battery is low, you need a charge, and can't find a charger.  😆

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

8 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Congratulations for waiting it out!!

On your way to the dealer... don't get stuck in traffic on I-10, I-17, the 101, 202, 303, 51, 60, or any other congested Phoenix road.  It will give you a feeling that you might experience when the battery is low, you need a charge, and can't find a charger.  😆

... Haha certainly not heading to Glendale in rush hour traffic*. 🤪  I have a charger already installed so my battery shouldn't ever be running low. On top of that Genesis gives me 3 years of free 30 minute charging at Electrify America and the GV60 charges from empty to 80% in 18 minutes. There are two in the area I do my shopping and on the way to Golf Galaxy and the PGASS so if I plan things correctly I may not have to use my home charger very often! 

*Fwiw I live a few blocks from the 202 so I can get most anywhere W, SW or S and even E very quickly. Heading up to Scottsdale takes a little longer as I have to use most of the roads you mentioned. 

19 hours ago, chisag said:

Can't wait to see how you like it and how it all works for you going to electric!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 2/17/2023 at 11:57 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Can't wait to see how you like it and how it all works for you going to electric!

... Well I got quite a surprise today. My GV60 came in early! The driving is just amazing as this thing is sooooo fast but crazy smooth. The tech is another story and I am over whelmed and it is gonna take quite awhile to get up to speed. Seats are very comfortable and are ventilated which will be so nice when it s 110* and above. Bang and Olufsen 17 speaker system and most importantly a fold down seat in the rear that is just big enough for my clubs while the rest of the trunk fits my ZIP cart perfectly. It also leaves more room in my garage because without a motor it is 177.8" long and my G80 was 196.5". It looks so much better in person than it does in photos. 

... If I do this right I will rarely have to charge at home as Genesis gives me 3 years of 30 minute charging for FREE at Electrify America. The GV60 charges to 80% from empty in just 18 minutes. Funny but they offer 3 years or 36,000 miles of free maintenance. First scheduled FREE maintenance is a year from today and it is ... a tire rotation LOL. 

... Lots to learn but I will take my time.

GV60.JPG.33f669092699788a16478b2aae773fb8.JPG

1 hour ago, chisag said:

... Well I got quite a surprise today. My GV60 came in early! The driving is just amazing as this thing is sooooo fast but crazy smooth. The tech is another story and I am over whelmed and it is gonna take quite awhile to get up to speed. Seats are very comfortable and are ventilated which will be so nice when it s 110* and above. Bang and Olufsen 17 speaker system and most importantly a fold down seat in the rear that is just big enough for my clubs while the rest of the trunk fits my ZIP cart perfectly. It also leaves more room in my garage because without a motor it is 177.8" long and my G80 was 196.5". It looks so much better in person than it does in photos. 

... If I do this right I will rarely have to charge at home as Genesis gives me 3 years of 30 minute charging for FREE at Electrify America. The GV60 charges to 80% from empty in just 18 minutes. Funny but they offer 3 years or 36,000 miles of free maintenance. First scheduled FREE maintenance is a year from today and it is ... a tire rotation LOL. 

... Lots to learn but I will take my time.

GV60.JPG.33f669092699788a16478b2aae773fb8.JPG

Nice!  Well, it came in early because it’s just a short ride over from the Genesis Invitational.  😂

12,000 miles sounds a little long between tire rotations, but I guess that will be about halfway through the tread wear with all the burnouts you’ll be doing.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

27 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Nice!  Well, it came in early because it’s just a short ride over from the Genesis Invitational.  😂

12,000 miles sounds a little long between tire rotations, but I guess that will be about halfway through the tread wear with all the burnouts you’ll be doing.  🤣

... Thanks.  I won't be putting anywhere near 12,000 miles on the SUV in a year. Not taking it on any road trips (I think) and it is 4.4 miles to my 9 month course and 12 miles to my 3 month summer course. So around 2k for golf and double that for shopping, PGA SS, etc. Maybe 6k for a year.