TESTERS WANTED! ×

Parenting and Stories

GolfSpy_APH

Time goes by quickly so soak up every minute.  We attended our kids college graduation ceremony this past weekend and it seems like yesterday we were new parents learning about explosive poop and projectile vomit.  My only advice to new parents is to be very involved in all areas of their life from school to hobbies to medical care.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

8 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I will never, ever forget the first day we brought our daughter home. We we exhausted but so full of love.

I will also never, ever forget being in her room and setting things up and hearing my wife screaming for me from the living room. I ran through the house, scared out of my mind, to see my precious new daughter in her infant seat with baby poop all over her, the seat, the floor, the wall... we learned just how explosive baby poop in an improperly tightened diaper could be that day!! 🤣

Oddly enough Ivan is a one every week or 2 dumper... Which has been a dream. Apparently quite normal when being fed breast milk. Something I was concerned about at first but it has certainly made diaper changes a lot nicer for now. 

That being said on dump days they are explosive! Haha 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Oddly enough Ivan is a one every week or 2 dumper... Which has been a dream. Apparently quite normal when being fed breast milk. Something I was concerned about at first but it has certainly made diaper changes a lot nicer for now. 

That being said on dump days they are explosive! Haha 

My second was like this, the other two however are much more frequent.

2 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

What are the odds I just came here at 3:50 am to post about bringing my daughter home for her first night and this thread was here?!

I am a few months behind you Jaime, but it’s been a wild ride so far. No clue how people parented before google. Urate crystals? Who knows that?! I am looking forward to so many things in my daughter Kelia’s life, but for now I am enjoying that she is damn cute. 

4D029E39-75E7-4D7B-B426-54C2F3A35C93.jpeg.c59d898ff38e5f271ceba4baca065844.jpeg

Congrats and it really hit me with our first when we were packing up at the hospital and the nurse is helping us fill out the paper work and they are checking the car seat. She is running through how it should all fit and be adjust to keep them same. So she helps put our son in, and goes, "Ok, I can't actually buckle him since I am still waiting for the certificate from my training course." To which I reply, "Wait I have not taken a course, how am I qualified to do this?" And that is the moment it hit me, yeah there is no manual for this at all.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

9 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

And that is the moment it hit me, yeah there is no manual for this at all.

Are you sure...? LMAO

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Owners-Manual-Instructions-Trouble-Shooting/dp/1594745978

image.png.eb4a6f44de7f6db6189b76fc94bb824d.png

It is actually not a bad book haha

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

• 2 months later...

Ivan had his first day helping me at work. He got a pass even though all he did was watch and didn't actually help out any. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Ivan had his first day helping me at work. He got a pass even though all he did was watch and didn't actually help out any. 

I miss my daughter at that age and size. She was portable 🤣

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

11 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I miss my daughter at that age and size. She was portable 🤣

Both of mine were never portable!  During birthing on the first one I got very nervous. The doctor and the nurse had looks on their face that brought terror to my thoughts. The process of birthing was lengthy and they were about to call for surgery. The they told my wife and she gave a mighty push and out shot my son. The looks continued and the nurse ran off with our son. We heard the cry so we knew all was good then she got another nurse and she said oh my god! Terror again. then ran out in the hall to tell someone something. Clean up processes began on both and we were still clueless. The door opened and there were well over 10 nurses standing out there.  Finally and not so politely I demanded to know what the problem was and wanted to be advised on the situation. 

The nurse said that there wasn't a problem but none of them have ever seen a 10 pound baby before! Then the hall was full and one by one they came in to see the Michelin Man (Our son Ryan).  Those little hats for newbies in the hospital didn't even fit his head. You wouldn't know it now at almost 21 years old he is still 10 pounds LOL 135. 

18 months later my daughter came along and missed his weight by 1 oz. 

Two very not portable kids.  

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

On 5/25/2022 at 8:59 AM, Shapotomous said:

Time goes by quickly so soak up every minute.  We attended our kids college graduation ceremony this past weekend and it seems like yesterday we were new parents learning about explosive poop and projectile vomit.  My only advice to new parents is to be very involved in all areas of their life from school to hobbies to medical care.

This!  it seems like it was only yesterday that I brought my daughter home from the hospital.  Now she's a young lady entering her sophomore year in high school! Enjoy every moment with them as they grow.  I don't know if it's just girls, but man, I've gotten more gray hair from dealing with my daughter and other girls than I have from my son.  Still, I cherish and enjoy my time with them....

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I will also say, once they become mobile, all bets are off.  I didn't think something so small could move so fast!😀🤣🤣

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

57 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

This!  it seems like it was only yesterday that I brought my daughter home from the hospital.  Now she's a young lady entering her sophomore year in high school! Enjoy every moment with them as they grow.  I don't know if it's just girls, but man, I've gotten more gray hair from dealing with my daughter and other girls than I have from my son.  Still, I cherish and enjoy my time with them....

Tomorrow, my son, our oldest, leaves for his freshman year of college. It all happened way too fast...

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

30 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Both of mine were never portable!  During birthing on the first one I got very nervous. The doctor and the nurse had looks on their face that brought terror to my thoughts. The process of birthing was lengthy and they were about to call for surgery. The they told my wife and she gave a mighty push and out shot my son. The looks continued and the nurse ran off with our son. We heard the cry so we knew all was good then she got another nurse and she said oh my god! Terror again. then ran out in the hall to tell someone something. Clean up processes began on both and we were still clueless. The door opened and there were well over 10 nurses standing out there.  Finally and not so politely I demanded to know what the problem was and wanted to be advised on the situation. 

The nurse said that there wasn't a problem but none of them have ever seen a 10 pound baby before! Then the hall was full and one by one they came in to see the Michelin Man (Our son Ryan).  Those little hats for newbies in the hospital didn't even fit his head. You wouldn't know it now at almost 21 years old he is still 10 pounds LOL 135. 

18 months later my daughter came along and missed his weight by 1 oz. 

Two very not portable kids.  

And this my friends, was the beginning of the “push present.”

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

• 3 weeks later...

During our Fantasy Football draft last night we got on the topic of kids shoes and how we all loved Bluey. Hands down the best kids show I've seen compared to others and so funny. Helps that Ivan loves it as well. 

IMG20220902092145.jpg

I know they all say kids grow up so fast and my goodness is it ever true. He is just over 7 months old now, sits up and plays on his own. Loving his new foods and tastes... although the pasta mix didn't go over too well and when I tried to sneak it in between bites of fruit I got a really disgruntled look from him. 

This morning was a fruit mix for breakfast after he was up with me for a good half of the draft at 3:30am and tons of laughs. 

We also took him to the zoo the other day and it was so cool to see how fascinated he was with the different animals especially the fish and gorillas. Really fun experience. The sleep regression no question sucks, but when he is laughing and smiling it makes you completely forget about all of it. 

IMG20220902092106.jpg

IMG20220902092110.jpg

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

During our Fantasy Football draft last night we got on the topic of kids shoes and how we all loved Bluey. Hands down the best kids show I've seen compared to others and so funny. Helps that Ivan loves it as well. 

IMG20220902092145.jpg

I know they all say kids grow up so fast and my goodness is it ever true. He is just over 7 months old now, sits up and plays on his own. Loving his new foods and tastes... although the pasta mix didn't go over too well and when I tried to sneak it in between bites of fruit I got a really disgruntled look from him. 

This morning was a fruit mix for breakfast after he was up with me for a good half of the draft at 3:30am and tons of laughs. 

We also took him to the zoo the other day and it was so cool to see how fascinated he was with the different animals especially the fish and gorillas. Really fun experience. The sleep regression no question sucks, but when he is laughing and smiling it makes you completely forget about all of it. 

IMG20220902092106.jpg

IMG20220902092110.jpg

For real life!?

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

IMG20220902092145.jpg

IMG20220902092106.jpg

IMG20220902092110.jpg

Bluey is the greatest kids show on tv right now, way to go Aussies lol

Right now we are dealing with some separation anxiety, where my 2.5yo wakes up (sometimes multiple times) in the middle of the night ad wants in our bed. So I feel you on the sleep regression, its pretty rough. But like you said, the days with laughing and goofyness makes up for it.

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

My oldest started 1st grade this week! Time flies but I can assure you each step is so fun! I was home Wednesday to take her to school and be with the little guy (4) while the wife worked. I asked him what he wanted to do on our bro day and he first thought was GOLF COURSE! Can’t beat that IMO. And yes Bluey is money! Sometimes I’ll watch a few on my own before I go to bed lol

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

Ivan had his first round of golf with me! Walked 9 holes on one of the nicest courses I've played here in Switzerland. He was a great caddy and other than one bad driver call off the tee I would say he has a good head for the game 😉

IMG20220908113420.jpg

IMG20220908111558.jpg

IMG20220908121513.jpg

IMG20220908123822.jpg

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

That's surprinsingly green and lush! Courses in Germany have been so dry this summer... I can drive it 400 yards now 🙂

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

The last week or so it has been really wet here thankfully. Was needed and now our yard finally looks green as well!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Ivan had his first round of golf with me! Walked 9 holes on one of the nicest courses I've played here in Switzerland. He was a great caddy and other than one bad driver call off the tee I would say he has a good head for the game 😉

IMG20220908113420.jpg

IMG20220908111558.jpg

IMG20220908121513.jpg

IMG20220908123822.jpg

Beautiful Family and Beautiful Scenery Jamie!!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

IMG20220908113420.jpg

IMG20220908111558.jpg

IMG20220908121513.jpg

IMG20220908123822.jpg

Love it! We got our 5 year old into the local First Tee program this year, and it's safe to say he's hooked. He came along for 9 holes on my birthday and I am hoping to get out with him again today after work. 

View recent photos.png

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

2 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

Love it! We got our 5 year old into the local First Tee program this year, and it's safe to say he's hooked. He came along for 9 holes on my birthday and I am hoping to get out with him again today after work. 

View recent photos.png

Look at that form!!!  LOVE IT!!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

8 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Look at that form!!!  LOVE IT!!

I tried to upload the video but couldn't figure it out haha 😂 for a little guy he does pretty well (until he watches dad swing and then decides he needs to swing out of his shoes!) It's been a lot of fun watching him get into it!

#LeftyGang

Since I'm at it, here's another couple screenshots from his swing!

View recent photos (2).png

View recent photos (1).png

#LeftyGang

6 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Since I'm at it, here's another couple screenshots from his swing!

View recent photos (2).png

View recent photos (1).png

I am jealous of that swing!!

• Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

1 minute ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

I am jealous of that swing!!

His is definitely better than mine! Also a fellow lefty, that was a proud dad moment for me! haha

#LeftyGang

2 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

His is definitely better than mine! Also a fellow lefty, that was a proud dad moment for me! haha

That is the question I'm very curious about with Ivan. He is only 7 months but if i was to bet i would guess he is a lefty. Nearly all his play habits and such are left hand dominant.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW