Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2012 PGA SHOW - TRUELinks Wear

Tony Covey MGS

Need some info on those shoes on the bottom left, haven't seen those before, Are these the woman shoes they were talking about?

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I looked these, Crocks and kikkors.

All about the same style, which is pretty neat.

However, the idea of being close to the ground or the feeling like you are walking in bare feet is not something I look for in a shoe.

My rep loves them of course.

They all have the benefit of being able to go from the office to the course. which is a plus for me

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

I looked these, Crocks and kikkors.

All about the same style, which is pretty neat.

However, the idea of being close to the ground or the feeling like you are walking in bare feet is not something I look for in a shoe.

My rep loves them of course.

They all have the benefit of being able to go from the office to the course. which is a plus for me

I love them....the 2nd best golfing shoe on the planet.....

What's the first?

I know this answer will invoke laughter....but I got a pair of these a couple years ago...now I have three.

vibram-five-fingers-bikila-ls-grey-black.jpg

Extremely comfortable, grip like glue and literally feels like you're barefoot.

I know this answer will invoke laughter....but I got a pair of these a couple years ago...now I have three.

vibram-five-fingers-bikila-ls-grey-black.jpg

Extremely comfortable, grip like glue and literally feels like you're barefoot.

I won't laugh, I'd try them for sure. I have the Vibram sole in my New Balance Minimus running shoes and it's fantastic.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I looked at these shoes last year and thought they were fab. I spoke with the CEO who is originally from Ireland!! ;)

But with supreme stupidity did not take a pair home. :blink:

Regret it now and a year on they are still not available in the UK!

Unless I'm wrong....

Need some info on those shoes on the bottom left, haven't seen those before, Are these the woman shoes they were talking about?

Tim-I know you have owned a lot of the first generation, did you have any problems with the sole/seam separation issue that people noted having?

Posted Image

Tim-I know you have owned a lot of the first generation, did you have any problems with the sole/seam separation issue that people noted having?

Stephen,

You know I have many pairs of the true's and have not had one problem at all other then when i bought a pair of Brown/White saddle and they sent me the wrong size. Other then that All pairs have been excellent. Now if I could get replacement insoles for the original TRUES I'd be extremely happy as my original pair that is over two years old is starting to compress, (wear out). It's not like I haven't wore them a bunch..... like daily. LOL. I just bought my pair of PHX limiteds and I wore the Black PHX's with their new sole design and I have to say I really like the new sole. It seems to me a little more tacky especially on wood floors and vinyl as well. The course I haven't had any issues with slipping except when I have over swung with the original sole. Now I played with the New sole for approximately 7-8 rounds and they are fantastic. I'll have to buy a NEW Pair of the original TRUES as they seem to be my favorite out of the 3 styles. Did you have issues with the seam? I've heard of 1 or 2 people complain about separation but I don't think its a issue. I'm sure when you make 100 of thousands of shoes you'll have a small percentage of defects, but I have 12-13 pairs now.... 1 on the way and have had no issues at all when it comes to craftsmanship with Trues whatsoever. I could take pics of my original pair and show the wear and tear, pretty amazing shape especially since I've worn these over 350 -400 days. Most of the wear on this pair is just everyday use on concrete and such. I think you'd be pleasantly happy with the comfort of the Trues. I have the Ecco Street Premiers and they are not even close when it comes to comfort! I personally haven't found these to be anything like any sneaker type golf shoe. These are in a league of their own.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Stephen,

You know I have many pairs of the true's and have not had one problem at all other then when i bought a pair of Brown/White saddle and they sent me the wrong size. Other then that All pairs have been excellent. Now if I could get replacement insoles for the original TRUES I'd be extremely happy as my original pair that is over two years old is starting to compress, (wear out). It's not like I haven't wore them a bunch..... like daily. LOL. I just bought my pair of PHX limiteds and I wore the Black PHX's with their new sole design and I have to say I really like the new sole. It seems to me a little more tacky especially on wood floors and vinyl as well. The course I haven't had any issues with slipping except when I have over swung with the original sole. Now I played with the New sole for approximately 7-8 rounds and they are fantastic. I'll have to buy a NEW Pair of the original TRUES as they seem to be my favorite out of the 3 styles. Did you have issues with the seam? I've heard of 1 or 2 people complain about separation but I don't think its a issue. I'm sure when you make 100 of thousands of shoes you'll have a small percentage of defects, but I have 12-13 pairs now.... 1 on the way and have had no issues at all when it comes to craftsmanship with Trues whatsoever. I could take pics of my original pair and show the wear and tear, pretty amazing shape especially since I've worn these over 350 -400 days. Most of the wear on this pair is just everyday use on concrete and such. I think you'd be pleasantly happy with the comfort of the Trues. I have the Ecco Street Premiers and they are not even close when it comes to comfort! I personally haven't found these to be anything like any sneaker type golf shoe. These are in a league of their own.

Thanks for the feedback Tim, I really appreciate it. I have not had a chance to wear any of my TRUE's on course yet. I bought the original TRUEs over the winter, and have not had them on course yet here in Minnesota. Just wore them in the basement so far. I had just read a couple complaints on the separation, and was wondering what your experience was. I am looking forward to wearing them on course and putting them to the test.

Thanks again.

Posted Image

Archived