Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2Thumb Putter grip

tschott

https://usa.twothumbgrip.com/

I recently purchased one of these grips and have used it for 3 rounds. Liking the feel and helping keep face square for majority of the stroke. Was wondering if anyone else has tried one of these. I bought the OG 35

Driver-Sub70 849D

3 wood-Sub70 939X

5 wood-Callaway Rogue

4 hybrid-Tour Edge EXS 220

irons-Sub70 699 V2 irons

wedges-Sub70 JB wedges, 50, 54, 58

putter-Sub 70 FN 001 with Evenroll Gravity Grip

Ball-OnCore Elixir

Never heard of them until this post. Went to the website to check them out, how did you end up picking which shape? Pistol vs octagon vs whatever else. Seems like all the shapes are pretty unconventional from usual grips and also they are very different from each other. 

JK

Driver: Callaway Rogue

3W: Callaway Rogue

Hybrid: Callaway Apex

Irons: Callaway APEX 21

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore

Putter: PXG Hercules 

2 minutes ago, jkimbrell0 said:

Never heard of them until this post. Went to the website to check them out, how did you end up picking which shape? Pistol vs octagon vs whatever else. Seems like all the shapes are pretty unconventional from usual grips and also they are very different from each other. 

I picked one that was close to the same size and weight of the putter grip I was using. This is similar to the Flat Cat but is a little more rounded and so far believe that I have picked the correct one but we all know how fickle we are

Driver-Sub70 849D

3 wood-Sub70 939X

5 wood-Callaway Rogue

irons-Sub70 699 V2 irons

Ball-OnCore Elixir

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 11:13 AM, tschott said:

I picked one that was close to the same size and weight of the putter grip I was using. This is similar to the Flat Cat but is a little more rounded and so far believe that I have picked the correct one but we all know how fickle we are

Any update/review on the 2 thumb grip? Did you find a store to test out different grips before buying or just go for it?

JK

Driver: Callaway Rogue

3W: Callaway Rogue

Hybrid: Callaway Apex

Irons: Callaway APEX 21

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore

Putter: PXG Hercules 

16 hours ago, jkimbrell0 said:

Any update/review on the 2 thumb grip? Did you find a store to test out different grips before buying or just go for it?

I couldn't find them in any local stores so just went for it. So far so good, it took a little getting used to but am comfortable with it and putting well but we all know how that goes. I really do like the way it helps keep putter face square while making putt

Driver-Sub70 849D

3 wood-Sub70 939X

5 wood-Callaway Rogue

irons-Sub70 699 V2 irons

Ball-OnCore Elixir

I use that grip with my putting but use the stock odyssey stroke lab grip. Looks similar. Personally the Ping grip... Forget the name. Was hands down the most comfortable for that grip.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Looks like a Lamkin Fat Cat.  Garsen is starting to also make a surge on Tour with their unique design.

I mean here's the thing...if it looks dumb but works then it isn't dumb...

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

• 1 year later...

Bringing this one back. I've been using a claw grip to varying success (at least for me as a high handicapper). I was told to try the prayer grip as a drill. Started to really get a strong feel and consistency and I might just use it as my normal grip.  Saw these online.  

I guess my question is, are these grips essentially useless for anything but the clawgrip?  I find the prayer grip to be challenging on extra long putts that I often find myself having, and for those have been reverting back to clawgrip until I'm within 20 feet. 

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

11 minutes ago, Shakeyfly said:

I guess my question is, are these grips essentially useless for anything but the clawgrip?  I find the prayer grip to be challenging on extra long putts that I often find myself having, and for those have been reverting back to clawgrip until I'm within 20 feet. 

No, even their website shows it accommodates all grips.  The effectiveness of each of the grips will probably be dependent on the golfer and their skills..  

https://usa.twothumbgrip.com

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

8 minutes ago, cnosil said:

No, even their website shows it accommodates all grips.  The effectiveness of each of the grips will probably be dependent on the golfer and their skills..  

https://usa.twothumbgrip.com

Thank you. I didn't wanted to get marketed by their site. I'm going to have to give it a try with my current putter. I currently have a Gravity Grip, as that is what just came with it, but hoping to see an improvement in touch here. 

"In fact , we both tend to hold the Midwestern stoic view that genuine problems are solved with action, not pissing and moaning. If you run around sharing your feelings too much, you'll eventually arrive at a place where you're not only still screwed up, but now everyone knows about it, too." - John Gierach - Sex, Death and Fly Fishing

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up getting one of the grips off Amazon to avoid the crazy shipping from the UK. 

Had it installed and I absolutely love it. It definitely feels different in the hand, but a Prayer grip and claw grip works so well so far for me! The text is excellent, and on the back where the seem is is very smooth and nicely integrated. 

2thumb.jpg

Edited by Shakeyfly

• 3 months later...

They are nice as I had one on my 2 ball putter that had a BGT Stability shaft. My only complaint was at the end of the cap the material for the grip tend to separate from the end cap from taking it in and out of my bag. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym Ai Smoke Max D w/:Fuji: Speeder NX Blue 50

3W: :callaway-small:  Paradym Ai Smoke Max D w/GD AD CQ5

5/7 W: :callaway-small:  Paradym w/ :projectx:HZRDS 60

all woods have CPX grips

5 thru PW : 😍 :ping-small: BP S w/ i70 SteelFiber black Label PR shafts

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  RTX 6 Full face 48*, 54* w/ i95 SteelFiber shafts

All irons have WINN DRI-TAC LT grips

Puter: 😍 :L.A.B.: GREEN DF3 w/Black 34" w/ BGT Stability ONE w/Press II 3 grip

(Back-up):EVNROLL:  E2 34" w/ BGT Stability Fire shaft midsize Black Pure Grip

2 hours ago, RangerGrey said:

They are nice as I had one on my 2 ball putter that had a BGT Stability shaft. My only complaint was at the end of the cap the material for the grip tend to separate from the end cap from taking it in and out of my bag. 

I haven't had that happen yet, but it's still just feeling incredible to me. I have a lot of faith in it!