TESTERS WANTED! ×

Alphard eWheels2---Won't Run

rvjimzhr

I have the eWheelsV2 since 11/2020.  It's run fine...'til now.   I've not been using it for nearly a month.  Fired it up yesterday.  All seemed good.  I'd charged both motor and remote batts and headed to the course.  Got it all set up, all lights looked normal....won't run off the remote.  Went thru all the "rebooting", i.e. took batt out of the motor and put it back in, re-paired the remote.  Nothing...it won't run and none of the buttons on the remote will do anything.....they do light up and the remote appears to be normal.  I have a second remote so paired it but it doesn't work either.   Went to my iPhone CBV2 app and the motor will run off my phone.  I've never used that method on the course and not sure I want to start now.  And my firmware IS up to date.  Any ideas?  Of course it's Sunday and I have golf early Mon morning so wont be able to phone Clicgear.    Has anyone had similar experience?   Can anyone tell me or guess how easy it will be to run the cart off the app if I want to try that in the meantime?

Edited by rvjimzhr

• 2 weeks later...

Clickgear techs believe the problem is my remote control.   They sent a new remote.  No help.   They're going to contact the "factory".   In China I'm guessing.   I wait but am not excited.   Still waiting for anyone who might have had the same issue.

• 1 year later...

I have been using my V2 lately in the rain. The course I play has lots of hills and the wheels just start slipping and the card starts going sidways. Does anyone know of a wheel with better tread for the V2? Or some sort of better tread that can be put on the wheels for better traction.

4 hours ago, sksimon said:

I have been using my V2 lately in the rain. The course I play has lots of hills and the wheels just start slipping and the card starts going sidways. Does anyone know of a wheel with better tread for the V2? Or some sort of better tread that can be put on the wheels for better traction.

In the UK, due to the slipping you referenced, some clubs either ban electric trolleys altogether for the wet winter season or require a very aggressive drive wheel tread to help reduce turf damage.

The majority of that market turns to a company called Hedgehog. This is their aftermarket clip-on wheel tread sleeve for electric trolleys. I don’t know whether either of the available sizes is a perfect fit for the V2 wheel diameter but it could probably be trimmed if needed.

I rarely play in the slop and haven’t experienced any slip issues running my V2 on a Clicgear, but the Hedgehog tread is probably what I’d try if it became a legitimate problem for me.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

• 2 months later...

I'm experiencing a problem and wonder if anyone else has as well - the eWheels is fully changed, but won't turn on.  Press the button and nothing.  If I have it plugged into the charger and press the button it lights up - all the lights are one - but if I unplug it, then it instantly turns off.   Two emails to Alphard have gone unanswered. 

Last month it just quit working while on the course.  Stopped mid round.  I assumed I had forgotten to charge it after the last round.  Put it on the charger, waited for it to go from red to green; turned it on to make sure the "wheel of light" was all there.  Good to go.  Get it to the course, won't turn on...

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

On 12/11/2023 at 6:10 PM, WaffleHouseTour said:

I'm experiencing a problem and wonder if anyone else has as well - the eWheels is fully changed, but won't turn on.  Press the button and nothing.  If I have it plugged into the charger and press the button it lights up - all the lights are one - but if I unplug it, then it instantly turns off.   Two emails to Alphard have gone unanswered. 

Last month it just quit working while on the course.  Stopped mid round.  I assumed I had forgotten to charge it after the last round.  Put it on the charger, waited for it to go from red to green; turned it on to make sure the "wheel of light" was all there.  Good to go.  Get it to the course, won't turn on...

Sounds like a battery issue.

I have had good luck emailing tony@alphardgolf.com or support@alphardgolf.com

My circuit board fried about 3 weeks ago, emailed support@alphardgolf.com and had a new board in about 4 days