TESTERS WANTED! ×

Major OEM absence from testing???

PMookie

Y'know, I thought it was just me but I would have thought we would have started hearing stuff about the Cobra Connect Challenge by now if it was still being held (which after last year, I can see being up in the air). But yeah, usually by now there would have been some stuff from folks like Cleveland, Wilson/Staff, etc. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Glad you brought it up Paul! 

Tough to not notice IMO. Plenty of stuff out there and was just looking at Cobra to get a RadSpeed hybrid...Majority of shafts were available (only 1 that I could tell and that was the stiff HZRDUS smoke black). Doesn't look like material.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

39 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Y'know, I thought it was just me but I would have thought we would have started hearing stuff about the Cobra Connect Challenge by now if it was still being held (which after last year, I can see being up in the air). But yeah, usually by now there would have been some stuff from folks like Cleveland, Wilson/Staff, etc. 

For sure! It’s June and nothing major, and for OEMs like you mention we’ve always been included. So odd. I wonder what’s going-on…

35 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Glad you brought it up Paul! 

Tough to not notice IMO. Plenty of stuff out there and was just looking at Cobra to get a RadSpeed hybrid...Majority of shafts were available (only 1 that I could tell and that was the stiff HZRDUS smoke black). Doesn't look like material.

I’ve noticed availability too, and especially when other sites have testing going-on with the big boys….

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

My guess is that supply chain issues for shafts, grips and potentially heads are still a concern for the brands and they aren’t going to give away stock for testing over paying customers.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

9 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

My guess is that supply chain issues for shafts, grips and potentially heads are still a concern for the brands and they aren’t going to give away stock for testing over paying customers.

If there weren't multiple testing opportunities currently underway with other forums, I would have thought this was the case as well. However...

Just now, russtopherb said:

If there weren't multiple testing opportunities currently underway with other forums, I would have thought this was the case as well. However...

Granted I have only barely looked at wrx and haven’t looked at any other forums to see what they are doing but only big name I recall seeing there is cobra.

With that said it’s possible that due to supply chain issues they are limiting where they send testing opportunities too based on roi of the reviews.

Tbh since the change in how the reviews here have been done other than the cobra challenge and maybe one other review last year I basically haven’t read any of them. If it’s not in the unread posts/threads I don’t go looking for them and I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s happens more often with other member and non members. 

Good, bad or indifferent the membership activity on this forum while it’s grown is still pretty small compared to others. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

The August/September timing makes sense because a lot of product is released around that time. I know that a new iteration of the Mizuno JPX line is expected then and Bridgestone released their JGR then when we tested them 4 odd years ago.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Jamie thanks for taking the time to share that with us. I can see OEMs wanting to spread tests out across the year, especially when you have multiple places that may be running them at the same time. This way there's eyes on the reviews throughout the year, which makes sense from a traffic perspective from their point of view. Plus, it seems like it's been staying warmer later in the year, at least up here in the northeast, which helps to prolong testing windows for some parts of the US. 

Thanks for keeping us informed as always and for keeping the site running quite smoothly with all the recent updates 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

Any word @GolfSpy_THV???????? You there???

Now it seems odd that a mod isn’t replying when he’s the one with the conversational ties to HQ…

6 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Actually it’s not @GolfSpy_APH that has direct communication.  It’s @GolfSpy_THV 

Jamie was just trying to help out after the original post. By giving an update as he knew. 

It’s mainly due to the fact the forum staff only administers the testings.  We really don’t even know Whsts coming until often the day before the forum post goes up, even if they much. 

HQ has heard our desires and concerns—several times—but it appears it will remain the status quo for now.   We truly don’t know what is in the works and when. 

Thanks for the update rob.
I think PMookie was referencing Jamie’s reference that THV would be updating with basically what you just said.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

10 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Actually it’s not @GolfSpy_APH that has direct communication.  It’s @GolfSpy_THV 

Jamie was just trying to help out after the original post. By giving an update as he knew. 

It’s mainly due to the fact the forum staff only administers the testings.  We really don’t even know Whsts coming until often the day before the forum post goes up, even if they much. 

HQ has heard our desires and concerns—several times—but it appears it will remain the status quo for now.   We truly don’t know what is in the works and when. 

I tagged THV in my post above… 

11 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Thanks for the update rob.
I think PMookie was referencing Jamie’s reference that THV would be updating with basically what you just said.

Yeah. I’m trying hard to think of an excuse for misreading THV for APH.. maybe I’ll just let what everyone does and blame it on autocorrect.  Ha 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

22 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah. I’m trying hard to think of an excuse for misreading THV for APH.. maybe I’ll just let what everyone does and blame it on autocorrect.  Ha 

I’ll allow it 😂….too many 3 letter acronyms up there in the GOLFSPY realm

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I’ll allow it 😂….too many 3 letter acronyms up there in the GOLFSPY realm

True Dat!! 

5 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

They both got an H lol

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

On 6/11/2022 at 10:12 PM, tommc23 said:

Hey even when Rob was a new mod he had a 3 letter name but it wasn’t an acronym. We all gave Rob crap for it being Rob and not CG2, still glad he crumpled under pressure 😂😂😂

I still blame the intial Golfspy_Rob on Enrique.   He felt we needed to follow the example set by the the previous mods and use actual names, but thanks to the "outcry" from the forum, I held firm to my desire and went with CG2!  

As an update the test for next week on our end has been removed. Not sure why, just was. Given the item could be availability?

However the shot scope was unexpected do guess it levels out?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 6/7/2022 at 2:53 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Rather than waiting I'll share what I know and am aware of. JS can add to it later or if he gets a chance to. 

There has been a shift in how tests this season are provided and promoted this year by HQ. Where in previous years mods (meaning Rob) would be on the hunt and provide tests for the community. This is no longer the case and all testing opportunities come directly from HQ. We as a mod team have been assigned to run and manage them, but asked to leave the sourcing of them to HQ. 

Is this becoming another 'stepchild' issue with HQ? I would think that they'd want more involvement from the mods rather than less. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart