TESTERS WANTED! ×

Major OEM absence from testing???

PMookie

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

No, we still have our role. I would assume/like to believe it is simply evolving and am hopeful once their full plan/idea for how they are changing forum testing we will be back to a greater role. 

Keep in mind this is essentially a volunteer position and at the core we do this for you the membership and wanting to create/grow the experience here. Or at least that is my view. 

Regardless of HQ directive I will be here for the forum and the membership and do whatever i can to be transparent, open and bring new features to the forum which will aid in everyones experience!

Jamie, thx again for your insight and responsiveness. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

16 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

No, we still have our role. I would assume/like to believe it is simply evolving and am hopeful once their full plan/idea for how they are changing forum testing we will be back to a greater role. 

Keep in mind this is essentially a volunteer position and at the core we do this for you the membership and wanting to create/grow the experience here. Or at least that is my view. 

Regardless of HQ directive I will be here for the forum and the membership and do whatever i can to be transparent, open and bring new features to the forum which will aid in everyones experience!

You the man

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

8 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Is this becoming another 'stepchild' issue with HQ? I would think that they'd want more involvement from the mods rather than less. 

Wow! Corporate America has filtered down into the rank and file. Is there any salvation? 🙃

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

On 6/13/2022 at 11:05 AM, tony@CIC said:

Jamie, thx again for your insight and responsiveness. 

Here here!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Just even more proof about how @Golfspy_CG2crushed it with his forum duties over the years. 

I'm sure HQ is giving him a huge $$$$ incentive and pension plan 😎 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

37 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I doubt I’ll ever get selected for testing again after saying this, but here it goes

MGS HQ claims they don’t take advertising from the big brands, yet they take advertising from just about anyone else. And now we are seeing those companies be prioritized for forum testing. 

Money talks. 

Oh well. Sad to see the forum testing succumb to this. 

You can join me in the passed over group for commenting on mods/hq

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

After reading through all of the posts in this thread, I would like to make a few comments on OEM product availability (be it for testing opportunities or otherwise):  I am a representative (Dealer, Fitter, etc.) for a handful of golf equipment OEMs, from Fujikura Composites and Mitsubishi Chemical, plus several others on the component side of things, to Tour Edge Golf on the equipment side. With each of the companies that I work with, supply chain issues have caused numerous delays in getting required equipment into my, and my customers’, hands. I have waited as long as six-seven months to receive the more popular Fujikura shaft models (can you say “Ventus” and/or “Ventus TR”?) and five months to get certain 2022 Tour Edge Exotics club models for both my inventory and for customer orders.  This has cost me some business for sure, and I am still waiting for select individual clubs to complete one Exotics club order from a good repeat customer, and very loyal Tour Edge Exotics player. Admittedly, this has not been a five month wait, but before I could even offer certain 2022 Exotics models, I was told in the first couple of months of this year not to even offer certain of their 722 Series clubs until early/mid/late May.  In some (a few) cases, it has been a shortage of clubheads, in many others it has been the inability to deliver the clubs with specific shaft options or upgrades.

This whole supply chain fiasco has delayed new product introductions for more than a few of my OEM accounts, and there are certain shaft options that I am unable to offer (or that I am unable to fill at present).

Just thought that I would offer the perspective of a guy who is a “small fish” in the vast ocean of OEM golf club and golf shaft providers …. and don’t even get me started on the subject of golf grip availability!

Edited by funkyjudge
Typos

DR - Callaway Paradym X, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - T.E. Exotics C722, Diamana D+ 82-S

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Callaway Epic Flash, ACCRA Tour X 80S

Irons - Cobra Forged Tec X (5-GW), KBS TGI 75-R

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - Makefield VS custom, 34", 67* lie, 1.75* loft

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023) or Vice Pro Plus (OnCore ELIXR or Maxfli Tour S in winter)

Bags - Vessel

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

10 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I'm sure HQ is giving him a huge $$$$ incentive and pension plan 😎 

image.gif

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

34 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Judge.  I order probably $90,000 to $100,00 in equipment a year for our pro shop.  I realize that’s a small amount.  But it keeps me in touch weekly with every OEM.  So I have a pretty good grasp on which ones have inventory issues.   In addition I talk to several of them regularly for MGS duties.   In which case I’m often talking to people in position to expedite product for forum testings—for all the forums.   

I can confidently tell you supply chain issues are not the reason forum testing is lacking this year.  

Amen!!!! 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

51 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Judge.  I order probably $90,000 to $100,00 in equipment a year for our pro shop.  I realize that’s a small amount.  But it keeps me in touch weekly with every OEM.  So I have a pretty good grasp on which ones have inventory issues.   In addition I talk to several of them regularly for MGS duties.   In which case I’m often talking to people in position to expedite product for forum testings—for all the forums.   

I can confidently tell you supply chain issues are not the reason forum testing is lacking this year.  

That last line is a pretty important one! Rob I know you guys are being honest and it sucks that they took some duties away from someone who did them so well, even though I know you’re probably a little less stressed out. You do a dang good job as do the other mods I know we aren’t supposed to be here just to test things but I do feel like with the testing layout changed last year and seeing the interaction drop could potentially be a reason HQ stepped in. I don’t know if I’m just talking out my a$$ with that but I feel as though that may be a reason as to why they did

12 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yup - the PGATour Superstore had their equipment racks full, except for (of course) lefty stuff.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

9 minutes ago, RayP said:

About time they slowed down a bit seems like they come out with something new and way better every month! In the meantime you go into a golf store and there are racks upon racks of the last greatest golf club to ever come down the road. 

Just a little bit of an exaggeration. They all have release cycles that are either in the fall or spring. The dates from each company will vary. The brands on two year cycles release different parts of the bag each year ie titleist will be woods and hybrids this year and irons next year. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I almost added in "no, half of that amoutn is not my personal purchases"  🙂

LOL...I do wish we had a "Very Lightly Pre Owned" section in our Pro Shop, I could keep it stocked pretty well..ha

You mean you would, let’s be real you’re the club go of all club hoes here maybe @dlow206 is a close contender 

39 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

You mean you would, let’s be real you’re the club go of all club hoes here maybe @dlow206 is a close contender 

i should probably update my WITB in my signature, because its not accurate lol

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

On 6/15/2022 at 11:24 AM, jlukes said:

I doubt I’ll ever get selected for testing again after saying this, but here it goes

MGS HQ claims they don’t take advertising from the big brands, yet they take advertising from just about anyone else. And now we are seeing those companies be prioritized for forum testing. 

Money talks. 

Oh well. Sad to see the forum testing succumb to this. 

Really? Damn, I hope they are taking advertising monies from PXG, cause I really wanna test the new 0311 Gen 5 irons.😄 

2054250394_ScreenShot2022-06-17at9_11_01AM.png.8a5fceac7e501a79a782bd264350c87f.png

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

20 hours ago, dlow206 said:

i should probably update my WITB in my signature, because its not accurate lol

It says updated 11/13/2021 which has to be what, 4 full bag rebuilds ago

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3