Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Major OEM absence from testing???

PMookie

5 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I will stay because of the connections I made, but I would not have found the forum without testing and I know I am not alone. MSG is an equipment-centric golf site, kinda hard to believe they would want the forum to be devoid of equipment testing and experience. That feels like a disconnect. Sorry to ramble and I know all the MODs are doing the best they can and all this comes from HQ.

I will continue to participate in the forum as well as I really enjoy the folks on here and learn a lot. But I also did stumble across the MGS forum while doing research and the reviews/review opportunities were part of the reason that I initially engaged.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

On 6/27/2022 at 12:08 PM, fozcycle said:

Is your fiance's maiden name Cobra, Ping or Titleist?....LOL

Or maybe first born? 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Not to stir the pot too much for one day, but are we going to see more tests like this and does HQ feel this testing would be in conflict with forum member testing?

https://mygolfspy.com/ping-chipr-is-it-worth-a-spot-in-your-bag/

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

I want to be very clear about something - for a lot of us it's NOT ABOUT GETTING FREE STUFF.

It's about reading honest feedback from average golfers that look like us. We're here because we want feedback and input on equipment from golfers who's games match ours, not a single digit cap that reviews SGI clubs all day long on YouTube.

HQ seems to have forgotten that aspect of testing and reviews. Maybe, as another poster mentioned, it's viewed as giveaways because that's how HQ constantly promotes them with their inane social media posts. 

Testing will slowly start to increase again. It may take some time, but eventually I anticipate seeing more opportunities. In the meantime as you said its about reading feedback from average golfers. There is nothing stopping us from doing our own reviews on the equipment we purchase or buy. I'll be doing a full review on the 659 TC's. I would love to see more "unofficial reviews" or member owned reviews. We have the templates out there for anyone to use or anyone can just make their own. Even if you go to a shop and test out club X or Y why not write about it and do that. We have a "What have you Tested Lately" thread that can be a great source for quick hit reviews such as that. 

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that testing is kinda like the gateway drug into mgs forum. It brings a lot of eyes to the forum and a decent amount of members. I can echo what many will say in that they came for testing and stayed for the community. This is a common theme among many. However when I came I think it was in the 15 range per season. That is likely what I would come to expect for future years. 

As for SM posts and that, well I can't really speak to that. I don't see any of those before they come out, I don't involve myself too much on various platforms however it is seemingly the way the SM world works. Impressions, likes, retweets and all of that are of high value with the way todays world works and I can only guess that may play a part? 

I also believe that part of this feeling a lot of us have is due to the shock from going from 30 or so opportunities to 10 this season. I think had it been in the 20 range, not a whole lot would be made of it. There is still time for more and with items like training aids and so on which can be still done in offseason testing.

As I said to another member we have such a great community here and I know testing was/is a big part of what the forum started to become known for. However there are so many other great things for us to talk about, discuss and take part in that we can still work on growing the community outside of testing for at least the short term. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

11 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Not to stir the pot too much for one day, but are we going to see more tests like this and does HQ feel this testing would be in conflict with forum member testing?

https://mygolfspy.com/ping-chipr-is-it-worth-a-spot-in-your-bag/

Good question and one I don't have the answer to, however it could be more of a OEM thing where they only had one demo to use or something along those lines. It has been several seasons since Ping had a test for the forum so that could play a part in they aren't looking to do that type of test or it just happened to be a smaller test where as I said HQ had one and went and ran with it for a separate article. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Good question and one I don't have the answer to, however it could be more of a OEM thing where they only had one demo to use or something along those lines. It has been several seasons since Ping had a test for the forum so that could play a part in they aren't looking to do that type of test or it just happened to be a smaller test where as I said HQ had one and went and ran with it for a separate article. 

I get that HQ would want to write articles like these for sure just feels like a mini-member test is all which I found interesting

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

2 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I get that HQ would want to write articles like these for sure just feels like a mini-member test is all which I found interesting

Could have just been with the most wanted crew? Really don't know to be honest.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

52 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Then the Most Wanted testing could simply link to the forums for those interested in hearing more about these clubs from real golfers. I just think that will drive more to the forum which will bring even more value to both the forums and the main site. I just don't understand why this is not seen as a real opportunity by HQ and instead is OK with testing just fading out.

This right here, I would love to see more links to the forum from HQ articles. This would certainly drive more traffic to the forum which I think would also help retain traffic on HQ articles.

HQ puts out articles that have a limited amount of interaction, if more traffic was directed from HQ then we would most likely see more "Hi, long term lurker and this is my first post" posts. Thus adding to the community here.

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I also want to say I understand that testing traditionally is what drives a lot of people to the forum, but that just means we need to find other ways of getting people to the forum and to stay of the forum.

Maybe my above point could be something brought up to the next conversation with HQ?

Edited by MyWifesSwingCoach
Added comment/suggestion

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 1ef73718.png Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - 1ef73718.png Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT SL S300 Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - default_ping-small.jpg Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - default_titelist-small.jpg Tour Soft

13 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Could have just been with the most wanted crew? Really don't know to be honest.

No I agree likely from the Most Wanted testers, just felt like more of a real life test which is what forum testing is more of, just noting the overlap.

3 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

This right here, I would love to see more links to the forum from HQ articles. This would certainly drive more traffic to the forum which I think would also help retain traffic on HQ articles.

The only time I can really recall this happening was with the SuperSpeed test from 2020 - there were 9 of us involved, including Jamie. In early 2021, Chris wrote an article the directly relayed some of our experiences.

I agree it would be cool, when it's applicable, for HQ to tie in both their testing and ours.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

2 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

I do find it interesting that HQ doesn’t want the Forum to be about giveaways (although reviews are far from that IMHO) when the first thing you get when going on the main site is this

623EA0E8-D138-4016-BFB9-14410F7441B8.png.a4881686c003f0f02b61d9cfc403838d.png

Perhaps if a portion of these regular giveaways were used for actual reviews it would add value to both the main site and the forum. If the OEMs are providing the giveaways, surely they shouldn’t be worried about a review. If they are worried about reviews should MGS be promoting them, especially as they are the self declared “Truth Digest”

I think we all know that is used as a marketing tool for the main site which is completely separate from the forum and forum testing. Again we don't know what the OEM's side is. It could be this is their preferred method for these certain products or a whole host of other reasons. 

As I said before for reviews on products there is nothing stopping us as a community from doing our own tests on equipment we try, purchase or anything else so we still have those reviews to read. There is no reason for the only testing or reviews to only be provided by forum/hq testing opportunities. We have had some really good opportunities so far with Stuart, LAB and many others. Yes, it is down this year from previous years I've already detailed why and what we look to accomplish moving forward as a community. 

I love the reviews everyone does and hope that more take the time to write up their own on whatever equipment they buy. Would be great to see. I can't speak to the marketing side for HQ because it is not something I'm involved in. My focus is the forum, the members and the overall community which for me is something truly special and unlike anywhere else online. I would love the narrative/discussion to shift to that vs the things we clearly have no control over and kinda bring down forum moral as a whole. 

I understand frustration, but I also try to concern myself with the things I can control and take part in. The sign up giveaways on the main site isn't one of those. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

@GolfSpy_APH Sorry that you think I'm bringing down morale. I think the management of the forum by HQ and some of the former staff has done a lot more damage to morale than commenting on the bizarre dichotomy between what HQ does and what we're being told.

Probably time I take a break.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

18 hours ago, cnosil said:

I’ll add a little here since I have a small amount of insight since I am one of the most wanted testers and did the ChipR test.  

MGS has for the past year or so has done what they call labs.  They are data driven tests that are smaller than most wanted and typically completed in a short time.   ChipR was a day, they did the groove tool which took a little longer, Edel irons, they have done tee height, tees themselves, gloves on vs off  and other assorted things. These are data driven tests and not like forum testing where we get longer term more subjective feedback.  They have a whole list of these experiments to see if there is merit to the claims or anything else that might be interesting. 

That "test" was the biggest steaming pile of 💩 that they have done. So skewed to wearing a glove and when called out on it over several SM platforms, they don't even have the intestinal fortitude to respond.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

22 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Agreed - some of the reviews here have helped make my decisions easier. I enjoy Pete Pappas on twitter, but everything he touches is 💯 and 💣, so I have no clue if anything he has reviewed may actually work for me.

OMG I wish I could like this 100 times!! There has never been a club put in Pete Pappas' hand that wasn't better than the previous year's model! 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

20 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

The only time I can really recall this happening was with the SuperSpeed test from 2020 - there were 9 of us involved, including Jamie. In early 2021, Chris wrote an article the directly relayed some of our experiences.

I agree it would be cool, when it's applicable, for HQ to tie in both their testing and ours.

This could expand from more than just equipment/accessory etc. testing though. Even a simple note in the articles along the lines of "If you would like to discuss this article and more, join us in the forum (Link) etc." Would drive more traffic here.

I think it would be a reasonable suggestion to HQ to point more people to the forum considering the increase in involvement from HQ. If we are an important enough element of MGS for HQ to increase their involvement i.e. testing, then we should be considered important enough to drive traffic to.

Also, using myself as an example, I do not use any social media so participating in a forum as I have for the past almost 2.5 years was not something that I naturally jumped into. And while I may be in a very small minority (Especially within my age group) in regards to social media, I do think that a lot of people might not visit a site and wonder about if that site has a forum to interact with.

MGS Forum is a hidden gem. Also, this isn't a knock on HQ or anything. Just a humble suggestion about my opinion on how to work with HQ to grow the forum.

Edited by MyWifesSwingCoach
additional comments

Driver - default_taylormade-small.jpg R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65g XStiff Shaft

4-9 Irons - default_taylormade-small.jpg R7TP DGTT X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

2 hours ago, Headhammer said:

I think this is an important point that gets lost in the shuffle. There are so many biased overstated sources for golf reviews, including the OEM's own advertising. Seeing the results from average golfers use these products and the ability to ask questions about how the product performed under normal conditions are the most important purchase decisions for me. I bought the Rapsodo launch monitor after reading the testing reviews here and asking numerous questions of the testers! IMHO, these are points that HQ should be selling to OEMs as important attributes to increasing sales. 

100%  This forum is what got me to buy into SuperSpeed!  I would have considered that product just more snake oil for golfers until I saw members here seeing real results.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

3 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

This could expand from more than just equipment/accessory etc. testing though. Even a simple note in the articles along the lines of "If you would like to discuss this article and more, join us in the forum (Link) etc." Would drive more traffic here.

I think it would be a reasonable suggestion to HQ to point more people to the forum considering the increase in involvement from HQ. If we are an important enough element of MGS for HQ to increase their involvement i.e. testing, then we should be considered important enough to drive traffic to.

Also, using myself as an example, I do not use any social media so participating in a forum as I have for the past almost 2.5 years was not something that I naturally jumped into. And while I may be in a very small minority (Especially within my age group) in regards to social media, I do think that a lot of people might not visit a site and wonder about if that site has a forum to interact with.

MGS Forum is a hidden gem. Also, this isn't a knock on HQ or anything. Just a humble suggestion about my opinion on how to work with HQ to grow the forum.

This is such a simple, brilliant suggestion.  I would assume (with no way of knowing actual numbers) that the visitors to the main site must be overwhelmingly larger than the visitors to the forum, barring a "enter to test this..." day. 

I'm one of those people that came for a sign-up, and honestly had no idea the forum was even a thing until seeing that one of the ways to get selected as a tester was to be an active member.  And then, once that clicked, discovering the community aspect has completely transformed where I spend my time online in any given day.  

Are any of the HQ folks involved in the forum? Not a dig - legit question.  I would think discussing the forum, or bringing up discussions that are happening on the forum, could be such an easy way to drive traffic here, and bring about larger engagement.

And I'll be sure to be writing up my experience (speaking of user reviews) of the new 0311 XF (gen 5) I bought today as soon as it's in-hand - I'm not a huge buyer of new clubs, but the deal was too good to pass up, and I figured my experience might give insight to a few others.  In my pre-forum-days, that thought literally wouldn't have occurred to me. 

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

35 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

This is such a simple, brilliant suggestion.

Oh Stop It, You | Know Your Meme

36 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

I'm one of those people that came for a sign-up, and honestly had no idea the forum was even a thing until seeing that one of the ways to get selected as a tester was to be an active member.  And then, once that clicked, discovering the community aspect has completely transformed where I spend my time online in any given day.  

Me too - Milton from Office Space | Make a Meme Seriously though, I totally relate to that experience.

44 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

Are any of the HQ folks involved in the forum? Not a dig - legit question.  I would think discussing the forum, or bringing up discussions that are happening on the forum, could be such an easy way to drive traffic here, and bring about larger engagement.

Thats What Im Talking About GIFs | Tenor You said it in a lot less words than I did lol

8 minutes ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

Thats What Im Talking About GIFs | Tenor You said it in a lot less words than I did lol

There's ALWAYS a place in my heart for Alfonso. (Humble-brag - I saw him on Broadway in "The Tap Dance Kid" when I was 6. Take THAT.)

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

4 hours ago, MyWifesSwingCoach said:

There would have to be a thread to point them to and there’s not always the case for all articles.

In reality the forum and homepage are separate things. This forum is more of a hangout place than anything else. Very few topics get more than a page of posts.

While that link may drive more traffic to the forum there has to be something that gets people to stay and that is where this forum lacks. 

While the activity has increased over the years it’s not a real active place. I skip over most of the threads here because they don’t attract my attention or keep it.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

18 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

There would have to be a thread to point them to and there’s not always the case for all articles.

In reality the forum and homepage are separate things. This forum is more of a hangout place than anything else. Very few topics get more than a page of posts.

While that link may drive more traffic to the forum there has to be something that gets people to stay and that is where this forum lacks. 

While the activity has increased over the years it’s not a real active place. I skip over most of the threads here because they don’t attract my attention or keep it.

This is super helpful - what kind of stuff would you think would attract your attention and keep it?  I've been trying to think of things that the forum isn't/doesn't cover, or doesn't go into depth about.  You're a significantly lower HI than I am - is that something to do with it, or is it because you've been around long enough to know more stuff? Are there other forums where there IS more/better topics of discussion? 

I hear you that unless the forum has something that KEEPS people's attention, they may not stay - that makes total sense.  I was one of those that found the forum and couldn't stop coming back, but maybe that speaks more to my relative-novice approach to the forum than to the forum itself. 

Just trying to get a sense of what kind of thing would really grab your attention, or that of golfers like you. 

I appreciate your take - I see you post/comment a ton, and you speak with authority, so curious about your opinion. 

Thanks! 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

26 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

This is super helpful - what kind of stuff would you think would attract your attention and keep it?  I've been trying to think of things that the forum isn't/doesn't cover, or doesn't go into depth about.  You're a significantly lower HI than I am - is that something to do with it, or is it because you've been around long enough to know more stuff? Are there other forums where there IS more/better topics of discussion? 

I hear you that unless the forum has something that KEEPS people's attention, they may not stay - that makes total sense.  I was one of those that found the forum and couldn't stop coming back, but maybe that speaks more to my relative-novice approach to the forum than to the forum itself. 

Just trying to get a sense of what kind of thing would really grab your attention, or that of golfers like you. 

I appreciate your take - I see you post/comment a ton, and you speak with authority, so curious about your opinion. 

Thanks! 

One can only make up so many new topics and when you've been here long enough, a lot of the questions asked tend to repeat themselves a couple of years later...

That's why a lot of golf unrelated topics are the ones who are kept alive, for example "Cooking" (I love that thread lol)

Equipment tests would also go along those lines... cause it's new stuff and as equipment junkies that's the one thing all of us look forward to every season.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

1 hour ago, Samsonite said:

I’m not gonna speak for @RickyBobby_PR but I will answer the questions for myself. I actually post less recently than in the past and that is in no way caused by Handicap or even knowledge. Having the knowledge is great but it’s is made even better when you are able to share it with others. Threads asking for advice are some of my favorites and being able to help is extremely satisfying. However there have been a few members that get confrontational and even though they ask for others opinions, they really have no interest or intention to listen or accept them. One person can ruin it for everyone and after so long you just gotta step away. 

I mentioned this in another conversation but the testing is the biggest driving factor for getting new members and selecting new members for tests is almost always gonna be the best way to get those members invested here. 

It’s great that you are trying to come up with and ask about things to get others interested, odds are out of every 10 things you think of, 7 probably already exist on here if you search.

Now I say that not to stop you by any means, just to give my thoughts from being here a few years. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

40 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I’m not gonna speak for @RickyBobby_PR but I will answer the questions for myself. I actually post less recently than in the past and that is in no way caused by Handicap or even knowledge. Having the knowledge is great but it’s is made even better when you are able to share it with others. Threads asking for advice are some of my favorites and being able to help is extremely satisfying. However there have been a few members that get confrontational and even though they ask for others opinions, they really have no interest or intention to listen or accept them. One person can ruin it for everyone and after so long you just gotta step away. 

I mentioned this in another conversation but the testing is the biggest driving factor for getting new members and selecting new members for tests is almost always gonna be the best way to get those members invested here. 

It’s great that you are trying to come up with and ask about things to get others interested, odds are out of every 10 things you think of, 7 probably already exist on here if you search.

Now I say that not to stop you by any means, just to give my thoughts from being here a few years. 

100% - that makes total sense. Appreciate the feedback. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

2 hours ago, Samsonite said:

All forums run into similar problems. There’s only so many topics on things and they just get repeated with questions or opinions being tweaked based on the OP. 

Handicap imo has nothing to do with it. Golf conversation can be had by all levels and there are some higher caps that have more knowledge than some lower ones. I know single digit caps that have zero equipment knowledge and still think that swing speed or handicap is how one should pick a club or shaft.

In golf wrx is the gold standard. There’s a 216 page thread that has been going on about TaylorMade release from last year. There’s a 6 page thread about the pxg Gen 5 driver. Neither of those topics have more than a few pages or have died. 

There’s more conversation in their equipment sub forum than in a day than what happens on Mgs in a couple days if not longer.

Wrx is mostly for the more serious golfer and from what I see those interested in learning more, where mgs is more about just hanging out and talking golf for the avid but more casual golfer. 

2 hours ago, Samsonite said:

hear you that unless the forum has something that KEEPS people's attention, they may not stay - that makes total sense.  I was one of those that found the forum and couldn't stop coming back, but maybe that speaks more to my relative-novice approach to the forum than to the forum itself. 

This is true really for anything. You have to have something to offer the consumer. Once things become stale for a consumer they leave or frequent less. I’ve done the forum thing for community and have made some lifelong friends as a result including some that are now on this forum. I got into forums for equipment reviews and growing my knowledge. I also like to share what i know with those that are learning. So most threads that are just for chatting or not about something specific I tend to skim or skip.

Maybe for me some of it is that I don’t have anything to learn from the threads and more just see where I can help.

But as others have mentioned when you lose the member reviews or when they get moved to some location that you have to go look for it takes away from the site activity. That’s the draw and that draw is gone.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

9 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

All forums run into similar problems. There’s only so many topics on things and they just get repeated with questions or opinions being tweaked based on the OP. 

Handicap imo has nothing to do with it. Golf conversation can be had by all levels and there are some higher caps that have more knowledge than some lower ones. I know single digit caps that have zero equipment knowledge and still think that swing speed or handicap is how one should pick a club or shaft.

In golf wrx is the gold standard. There’s a 216 page thread that has been going on about TaylorMade release from last year. There’s a 6 page thread about the pxg Gen 5 driver. Neither of those topics have more than a few pages or have died. 

There’s more conversation in their equipment sub forum than in a day than what happens on Mgs in a couple days if not longer.

Wrx is mostly for the more serious golfer and from what I see those interested in learning more, where mgs is more about just hanging out and talking golf for the avid but more casual golfer. 

This is true really for anything. You have to have something to offer the consumer. Once things become stale for a consumer they leave or frequent less. I’ve done the forum thing for community and have made some lifelong friends as a result including some that are now on this forum. I got into forums for equipment reviews and growing my knowledge. I also like to share what i know with those that are learning. So most threads that are just for chatting or not about something specific I tend to skim or skip.

Maybe for me some of it is that I don’t have anything to learn from the threads and more just see where I can help.

But as others have mentioned when you lose the member reviews or when they get moved to some location that you have to go look for it takes away from the site activity. That’s the draw and that draw is gone.

Makes total sense. I actually noticed that lack of discussion about the PXG Gen 5 (which I ordered this morning...lol...maybe it's now up to me to liven it up? gulp 😉 ).  

Thanks again. 

Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T