Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

12' PGA Show --- Mygolfspy Coverage

MDyer21

I know that all of the coverage hasn't been uploaded, but to me it seems like Mygolfspy.com is leaving the other golf websites in the dust. Golfwrx has uploaded like 5-10 things, but they must be waiting until they all get back home to upload all of their coverage. Last time I check this is America and we Mericans' don't like to wait on anything! ha

Mygolfspy is killing the coverage of the 2012 PGA Merchandise Show and i look forward to their future releases. Once again they are showing why they are the best internet golfing community out there. Keep the stuff coming!

Thank you. We did work hard in Orlando...I never thought my finger would get sore from taking pictures, but it did. Seeing (and being a small part of) the work that goes into PGA Show coverage first hand, well, it's a bit humbling.

Here's the scary thing for the "competition": we spent the entire show talking about how next year's coverage won't even resemble what we did this year. Next year MGS is taking PGA Show coverage to the next level.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

The Taylormade Booth had Natalie Gulbis so I can almost understand that they did not go anywhere else. But according to this excellent coverage I see TM is not the only people who are willing to exploit, for a small nominal fee, the females of the species. I am all for it.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I agree wholeheartedly with the op, MGS knocked it out of the park this year as compared to the other websites. Golfwrx.com has been especially disappointing and seems to be tainted bythe marketing dollars of the big boys especially TM, I urge MGS not to follow their foot steps and remain objective and all encompassing in your coverage. Good job guys!

• SPY VIP

I had the chance to briefly talk to a few of the WRX guys at at the show. They'll have plenty of coverage in the coming days, and I don't think it's going to be 100% big OEM. Richard and the guys were out and about shooting plenty of smaller booths as well.

On the big OEM side...TaylorMade always does a great job with their booth, and it's hard to fault anybody for spending a disproportionate amount of time there (I took a little heat from GolfSpy X for doing it myself). Besides, with my haircut being what it is, it was the perfect place for me to hang out and chill a bit.

That said...the best parties on the show floor for the past two years have been at Cobra-PUMA. This is a fact that no rational person would dispute.

We appreciate the support guys. I'm not sure anyone who hasn't done it completely understands what we put into it. 4 of us were out and about on the floor (and demo day) from basically 9:00 to 6:00 on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. When the show wraps up we go back to the hotel, eat dinner, process and upload photos until basically 2AM. We get up the next day and do it all over again. The last couple of years we've missed out on all of the late night fun. I personally bailed on a small dinner for 20 hosted by Butch Harmon to get the work done. I may never forgive myself for it. The other guys will get their stuff up soon enough, and if they're lagging behind at the moment, it's probably only because they had the good sense to have a bit more fun that we did (not that covering the show isn't a labor of love)

Speaking for myself, I'm exceptionally proud of the work the MGS team did this year, and I applaud the hard work the guys at WRX and THP do as well, but if I'm being brutally honest, sometimes I think it would be better for our staff if we dialed it back, and had a little more fun at the show.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

stoked on the coverage we were able to put together this year, and glad to have been a part of the coverage - really opened my eyes even more to so much, and I'm pumped for some new and interesting articles this year.

can't wait to see what we put together for next year's show, I think we'll be taking it to a whole other level!

• SPY VIP

Thanks for the feedback about MGS's show coverage CCgolf. And trust me...TM and big OEM's will never taint what I write or say on this site. Sure TM will back me up on this ;)

But the larger you get the more they try to get on your good side that is just a simple fact. Although, at the end of the day the result of allowing them to influence what I say only does one thing....makes us more like everyone ELSE in the industry. And that is not a niche I am looking to fill....already a little jammed up at the moment if you know what I mean.

I agree wholeheartedly with the op, MGS knocked it out of the park this year as compared to the other websites. Golfwrx.com has been especially disappointing and seems to be tainted bythe marketing dollars of the big boys especially TM, I urge MGS not to follow their foot steps and remain objective and all encompassing in your coverage. Good job guys!

#TruthDigest

Archived