Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

U.S. Open Championship - 2022

fixyurdivot

10 hours ago, cnosil said:

I was just looking up the coverage options prior to my coming to read the forum.   I am in the same situation as you;  streaming in my office and can watch on my iPad, but that makes reading MGS harder.  Hate having to switch between multiple networks.  

Ooh, update. I fired up the U.S. Open app on my iPad and it lets me watch it via AirPlay on my Apple TV as I type this on my iPad. 👍🏼

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

Since we watch all of our live TV through Hulu, whether I am streaming on US Open website or jumping over to Hulu for the USA coverage, its not a big deal while a work. It is insane how many different channels you need to utilize to watch the first round of a major though.

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Haven't watched any coverage but just looked at the leaderboard.  There is a whole lot of plus signs near a whole bunch of players... The Country Club holding serve!

@FrogginBullfish, thanks for sharing those pin placements... absolutely wicked 😬.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Watched some of Rory's round. He's definitely continuing forward from last week. Will be interesting to see if he keeps it up or falls back like he did at the PGA.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

On 6/15/2022 at 4:01 PM, TR1PTIK said:

Anyone upset about the gymnastics required to watch the US Open this year?

Having gotten up early, fired up Peacock, then switched to USA, then switched to NBC, then back to USA, and now back on Peacock my answer is a hearty and absolute yes.  This is just silly.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

I’ve enjoyed watching the coverage today. Even if I had to change the channel 14 times to follow along!

the course looks great. Tough, but doesn’t seem unfair for them. 

Its a shame they didn’t think that the local MGS forum moderator deserved to play a practice round there before the tournament. 😂

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I’ve enjoyed watching the coverage today. Even if I had to change the channel 14 times to follow along!

Its a shame they didn’t think that the local MGS forum moderator deserved to play a practice round there before the tournament. 😂

😉  I know that next year I'm going to probably be on my hands and knees begging to the member that I know to get on LACC north while USGA is prepping it. 

Side note: These Gil Hanse renovations (Southern Hills, and The CC) look and appear to play amazing.  Excited to see what they do at LACC next year.  I also have to figure out if I need to sell a kidney to get tickets to all days...  Going to be a hot (expensive) ticket here in ritzy LA.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

On 6/15/2022 at 7:01 PM, TR1PTIK said:

Anyone upset about the gymnastics required to watch the US Open this year?

Luckily in Canada, all of the channel swaps are done for me as the broadcast is all shown on one channel here.

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

14 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I tried watching a bit of it on their app after work and it worked pretty well....for five minutes. I ditched cable a while back and already have enough streaming services without getting Peacock. I think the other majors need to follow the Master's lead when it comes to watching on their platform. 

20 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Looks like Harry was there! Lucky SOB

3 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I tried watching a bit of it on their app after work and it worked pretty well....for five minutes. I ditched cable a while back and already have enough streaming services without getting Peacock. I think the other majors need to follow the Master's lead when it comes to watching on their platform. 

I was thinking the same thing watching they really need to all catch up to the masters. I kept losing signal for some reason at work on the website but not sure if it was a work issue or what

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:
5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was thinking the same thing watching they really need to all catch up to the masters. I kept losing signal for some reason at work on the website but not sure if it was a work issue or what

I was home watching over Wi-Fi on my phone and it dropped. I'm a little disappointed, the course looked great and was excited to get some viewing in. 

11 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

There’s nothing quite like opening that Augusta green app on my IPad once every year. The soothing sounds of Jim Nantz flowing through my veins. The official start of Spring in New England. 🥹

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I was watching via the app on my phone for about twenty minutes or so today at lunch. It was bad but there were a couple of moments where the coverage paused for a second or two and then went right back to playing. I agree with the others that have already stated, The Masters app is superior with their coverage. Too bad all of the other broadcasters can’t do something similar. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

I have direct TV, In the Seattle area it was on the Network Channel, so I DVR'd it while at work and watched it when i got home.. have all 4 rounds scheduled to record.. 

ON a side note.. Has Time caught up with Phil? I just checked and he is +11 through 9 today.. Maybe the LIV is his last ditch effort to Play competitive golf... Just saying.. or is he just rusty?? 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

56 minutes ago, Reesedw said:

I have direct TV, In the Seattle area it was on the Network Channel, so I DVR'd it while at work and watched it when i got home.. have all 4 rounds scheduled to record.. 

ON a side note.. Has Time caught up with Phil? I just checked and he is +11 through 9 today.. Maybe the LIV is his last ditch effort to Play competitive golf... Just saying.. or is he just rusty?? 

I think it’s age, rust from the time away and more importantly the mental toll the last few months have taken on him.

:ping-small: CB-P226 Hoofer Cart Bag

:PXG: 0311 Black Ops 8° w/Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60

:PXG: 0311 XF 3 wood 16° w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

:PXG: 0211 19° Hybrid w/Project X Even Flow Riptide

:ping-small: G410 Crossover 4 w/Mitsubishi Tensei Blue

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym X 6 - GW w/True Temper Elevate MPH Official Forum Test

:vokey-small: SM9 54°/12° D and 58°/12° D w/KBS Tour 110

:EVNROLL: ER11v 34”  Evnroll ER11v Official Forum Test

Shot Scope Pro LX+ Pro LX+ Official Forum Test

:Snell:  MTB prime

:Clicgear: 3.5+

30 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

I think it’s age, rust from the time away and more importantly the mental toll the last few months have taken on him.

For sure.  His game and being competitive is far from over but let's face it, there haven't been too many 50+ year old players making top 10's all season long.  Also, as he stated in his interview, he's trying to shake a gambling disorder.  While most don't look at this vice as being equivalent to many others, I think his recent decisions are heavily driven by this.

I had hopes of watching him battle Stricker, Goosen, Langer, and others on the Champions Tour but that's a 50/50 proposition at this point.

On another note, I really like seeing Brian Harman competing well.  Don't have the stats but I think this may be his best season ever?  I just like and root for the guy, what can I say. 🙂

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

On another note, I really like seeing Brian Harman competing well.  Don't have the stats but I think this may be his best season ever?  I just like and root for the guy, what can I say. 🙂

Georgia Bulldogs Make Presence Felt On PGA Tour - Global Golf Post

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Kind of quiet on here I think because a number of us play fantasy golf and end up chatting/commenting in the Fantrax app.  I absolutely love this golf course, it's got a great balance of holes, some chances to make birdie, it's beautiful - I never remembered it as being so beautiful - they've done an incredible job of moving some tee boxes and removing some trees so that it plays as intended and what a great leaderboard - should be a fun weekend - I'm playing 9 tomorrow after church with my sons but will get home in time to catch the back nine.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I agree the course is terrific.  Birdies and eagles available, plenty of opportunities for punishment too.  Top golfers, Joel (I kid), unknowns in the mix. Pressure building. Who has the nerves, who crumbles? 

Alas, my pool team was damaged by the USGA top 60 instead of the usual 70's and ties, darn it  Shane, just one more birdie, but I've got three through to the weekend.

Steve Smith

Team Fix was busy on moving day... yesterday... packing for home 😐.  Lots of black numbers on todays scoreboard and my two survivors are, unfortunately, following the pack. I have Sirius XM PGA Tour radio in our Expedition but it's in the shop which acts like a Faraday Cage and I'm not motivated enough to pull it out and sit in the driveway 😆.

Man, I can't tell if the course is playing crazy hard or if no one wants to win this! Lots of guys are still within striking distance at this point though, hopefully we're shaping up for an exciting Sunday!

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Double cut and rolled greens today. A good breeze from an entirely different direction. Add some pin positions tucked to the fringes. In spite of all that, I think I could break 90.

I'd be walking in after a dozen holes - does that count? 😉

Steve Smith

I was out there today for most of the day, the conditions were brutal after 12/1:00.  Wind was really swirling in different directions and the temperature dropped.  Something interesting I saw was first thing in the morning the staff were rolling parts of the fairways around the greens and using huge rakes to fluff up the rough  

14 minutes ago, SterlingArcher said:

I was out there today for most of the day, the conditions were brutal after 12/1:00.  Wind was really swirling in different directions and the temperature dropped.  Something interesting I saw was first thing in the morning the staff were rolling parts of the fairways around the greens and using huge rakes to fluff up the rough  

Bastads, in a Bahston accent.

Steve Smith

1 hour ago, ncwoz said:

Man, I can't tell if the course is playing crazy hard or if no one wants to win this! Lots of guys are still within striking distance at this point though, hopefully we're shaping up for an exciting Sunday!

I take it back. I think Mr. Rhambo wants the back to back

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here

Well, after 54 holes at a very tough U.S. Open, the Obnoxious Greed League’s biggest names are hardly distinguishing themselves.

DJ T17 at +2
Reed T45 at +6
DeChambeau T55 at +8
Phil, Garcia, Oosthuizen and Na all missed the cut

A bit embarassing methinks.

But the leaderboard has shaped up nicely for a Sunday shootout with a nice mix of established and hungry legit pros. Not that he’s a favorite, but will this be the one Zalatoris takes?

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

15 hours ago, SterlingArcher said:

Thanks for the onsite updates. Have you tried the Legal Seafood lobster rolls? I know they're $30 but that's the going rate, not an on course ripoff. Beer prices? Seems to be a hot topic at other tournaments.  Looking forward to pictures. 

Steve Smith

3 hours ago, steveone said:

Thanks for the onsite updates. Have you tried the Legal Seafood lobster rolls? I know they're $30 but that's the going rate, not an on course ripoff. Beer prices? Seems to be a hot topic at other tournaments.  Looking forward to pictures. 

I didn’t try the lobster roll, but I had the steak sandwich from the Ruth Chris tent, that was pretty decent.  Unfortunately not much of a drinker so I honestly didn’t even notice the beer prices. 

Could only spend a few hours there this morning so I camped out on the 5th hole, honestly it’s amazing the accuracy these guys have off the tee.  That opening in front of the green is shockingly tight in person.  Some of those “wild” misses described on the telecast are like 10-15 yards off the fairway.  If that’s wild those announcers shouldn’t see the guys I play with..

6 hours ago, Middler said:

Well, after 54 holes at a very tough U.S. Open, the Obnoxious Greed League’s biggest names are hardly distinguishing themselves.

DJ T17 at +2
Reed T45 at +6
DeChambeau T55 at +8
Phil, Garcia, Oosthuizen and Na all missed the cut

A bit embarassing methinks.

But the leaderboard has shaped up nicely for a Sunday shootout with a nice mix of established and hungry legit pros. Not that he’s a favorite, but will this be the one Zalatoris takes?

I'm thinking their embarrassment will be short lived.  😆

Wealthy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I didn't think Scheffler could possibly keep this level of mojo going... if he pulls it off, WOW!