Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Best YouTube Putting Lessons/Instructor

Any recommendations? My putting s**ks and my instructor is 1,100 miles away so won't see him til this Fall.  Key problem is reading greens  vs. speed. And yes I've tried the 'Imagine the direction water would flow" trick. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Since you are not able to see your usual instructor, i'd be careful about what information you subject yourself too as youtube can be quite a black hole for golf instruction.

My recommendation would be to focus on putting at a higher level by reading something like "Unconscious Putting" by Dave Stockton until you can reconnect in person with your instructor.

If green reading is your biggest issue, perhaps diving into something like AimPoint or AimPoint express to see if it is something you want implement

16 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Any recommendations? My putting s**ks and my instructor is 1,100 miles away so won't see him til this Fall.  Key problem is reading greens  vs. speed. And yes I've tried the 'Imagine the direction water would flow" trick. 

Here are my personal thoughts.  Not sure what you mean by reading greens vs speed.  Is the problem more speed related or read related because that takes you down different paths.   Basically there are three skills and you mentioned 2 of them but the third is related. 

1.  Start line -  need to be able to start ball online and if you can’t speed and read will be difficult to master.   
2. speed - on flat putts can you roll the ball specific distances let’s just say 5 foot increments because there are dispersion patterns in putting.  
3.  Read - this comes after you are able to pretty well with line and speed. This skill comes through experience and practice and would probably be difficult to master with online instruction.   

I don’t know your budget but as for instructors I would say:

- Bruce Rearick - I personally learned a ton from him.  He is going to help you understand putting and help you make choices about how you putt and avoid conflicts.

- Potters Putting - I follow on some of the social media platforms and he seems to get lots of good reviews.  

- Phil Kenyon - he has some online training available.  I’ve listened of some of his Covid webinars and his lead up to his online putting academy.  Good stuff and will take you through the above skills.   If you go to his site you can sign up for some videos and practice plans for free.

- David Orr - I’d love to take lessons from David in person but can’t afford them 😁. He has the flatstick academy which is online based.   

for green reading, I’d recommend aimpoint xpress.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2022 at 10:56 AM, tony@CIC said:

Phil Kenyon is doing a 5 day putting challenge ----  5 Days of Simple Tasks, Q&A and Webinars to Help You Hole More Putts.    It's free;  all you have to do is go to the link below and sign up. 

https://www.philkenyonputting.com/challenge

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 6/14/2022 at 11:06 AM, jlukes said:

Since you are not able to see your usual instructor, i'd be careful about what information you subject yourself too as youtube can be quite a black hole for golf instruction.

My recommendation would be to focus on putting at a higher level by reading something like "Unconscious Putting" by Dave Stockton until you can reconnect in person with your instructor.

If green reading is your biggest issue, perhaps diving into something like AimPoint or AimPoint express to see if it is something you want implement

^ I second what that smart guy said ☝️

FYI "Unconscious Putting" is also available on video/DVD. Highly reommended.

FYI 2 - I took an AimPoint clinic last year and got a *LOT* out of it .. really really helped my putting, in both line and speed .. and I've become a much more confident putter, especially on very contoured and/or very fast greens. There may be a certified instructor near you, or they offer online instruction.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg