Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Playing my first stroke-play tournament

Backed up my Day 1 84 with an 85...I was E thru 4 and finished the turn at +7, with a triple on the card. Held it together until hole 13 where I took a quadruple bogey.  +13 thru 13 basically shot me out of contention.  Rallied for back to back birdies the following two holes to get it back +11 on the day but faded down the stretch to finish out at +15 (85). Been fighting the shanks all week, I'm not sure why they have decided to invade my swing this week but... I played 3 holes +9 today, that was the killer. I was proud of rallying for the back to back birds after the quad, because honestly, I was ready to eject. Won't be in the money but I am gunning for a top 10 or top 15 on the leaderboard by day 3's end. Thanks for any of you who are following this tournament experience! 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Last day was an 80. Significantly better today as I was able to work out the shanks. Thru 7 holes I was actually -1 on the day. Had one blowup triple  but otherwise was very consistent. Finished solo 13th so I was in the top half of my field. For my first tournament experience I am chalking this up as a success. Made 5 birdies throughout the 3 days so my game wasn’t too far off, just need to not have shanks coming into the week. Thank you again for all of the advice getting ready for this thing I am for sure going to play again in an tournament atmosphere! I loved it 

On 7/4/2022 at 10:31 AM, HeathS16 said:

Last day was an 80. Significantly better today as I was able to work out the shanks. Thru 7 holes I was actually -1 on the day. Had one blowup triple  but otherwise was very consistent. Finished solo 13th so I was in the top half of my field. For my first tournament experience I am chalking this up as a success. Made 5 birdies throughout the 3 days so my game wasn’t too far off, just need to not have shanks coming into the week. Thank you again for all of the advice getting ready for this thing I am for sure going to play again in an tournament atmosphere! I loved it 

That's great to hear and I am sure a learning experience for the future and does seem like a good time. Hopefully you score a bit better next time out.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

3 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

That's great to hear and I am sure a learning experience for the future and does seem like a good time. Hopefully you score a bit better next time out.

The scores were out there for sure.  I just had a few bad holes tbh. Got over the nerves pretty quickly and my confidence is through the roof, knowing that I can still manufacture my way around even without my A game. I will say all I could think about for six holes in the final round was that I was under par 😆 need to work on staying in the moment a bit more. 

Just now, HeathS16 said:

The scores were out there for sure.  I just had a few bad holes tbh. Got over the nerves pretty quickly and my confidence is through the roof, knowing that I can still manufacture my way around even without my A game. I will say all I could think about for six holes in the final round was that I was under par 😆 need to work on staying in the moment a bit more. 

I have that trouble in a practice round never mind a tournament it has to be difficult for sure.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3