I've recently started playing golf regularly again for the first time in almost a decade.  My signature has my current clubs, but I'm on the prowl for new irons, a gap wedge, and a 3-wood.  My handicap (not yet official) is trending down.  My last 4 rounds (my first in almost 7 years) have been 106, 104, 101, and 97.  I feel like with maybe a couple of lessons and continued practice and play, I'll be back into a mid to upper-teens handicap in no time. 

My current irons (BH-5, Ben Hogan) are fine, but the trajectory is very high.  Not to mention, they are 14 years old now.  I hit the ball pretty far for an old and overweight guy.  Swing speed is usually over 100 and my driver ball speed is 145-155. 

Thanks for reading all that.  Looking forward to participating around here regularly.

• Like 2

:callaway-small: BB Epic 10.5 turned down to 9.5. Stiff - Driver

:755178188_TourEdge: EX-9 3 & 5 hybrids, stiff

:Hogan: BH-5 irons, 4-PW, stiff

:vokey-small:SM6 56-degree SW, and 60-degree wedge

:ping-small: Zing Putter w/Winn NTP midsize grip

:srixon-small: Soft Feel golf ball

Wish list - Srixon ZX5 or 7 irons, Sub70 699 pro irons, Callaway Jaws gap wedge, Vokey gap wedge

On 6/16/2022 at 5:28 PM, Violinguy said:

I've recently started playing golf regularly again for the first time in almost a decade.  My signature has my current clubs, but I'm on the prowl for new irons, a gap wedge, and a 3-wood.  My handicap (not yet official) is trending down.  My last 4 rounds (my first in almost 7 years) have been 106, 104, 101, and 97.  I feel like with maybe a couple of lessons and continued practice and play, I'll be back into a mid to upper-teens handicap in no time. 

My current irons (BH-5, Ben Hogan) are fine, but the trajectory is very high.  Not to mention, they are 14 years old now.  I hit the ball pretty far for an old and overweight guy.  Swing speed is usually over 100 and my driver ball speed is 145-155. 

Thanks for reading all that.  Looking forward to participating around here regularly.

Glad to have you here---- Nothing wrong at all with the older equipment---- It does not have to be the latest and greatest to work well--- Look at my signature

Driver ---- Honma G1_X Stock tuned Honma R shaft---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex 15*--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex 21*---- 9 wood TM V-Steel stock MAS Stiff shaft 24*---  Irons 4 thru 9 Mac Muirfield TT black label --- PW  Vokey SM-4 51* stock shaft--- SW Vokey SM 5 L grind 58* stock shaft--- Putter -- Rusty Scotty Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft---. Bag Old School Jones Original non stand

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Glad to have you here---- Nothing wrong at all with the older equipment---- It does not have to be the latest and greatest to work well--- Look at my signature

Thank you.  I did the worst possible thing at PGA Superstore while waiting for my putter to be regripped the other day.  I tried out putters. 🙂

• Hmmm 1

:callaway-small: BB Epic 10.5 turned down to 9.5. Stiff - Driver

:755178188_TourEdge: EX-9 3 & 5 hybrids, stiff

:Hogan: BH-5 irons, 4-PW, stiff

:vokey-small:SM6 56-degree SW, and 60-degree wedge

:ping-small: Zing Putter w/Winn NTP midsize grip

:srixon-small: Soft Feel golf ball

Wish list - Srixon ZX5 or 7 irons, Sub70 699 pro irons, Callaway Jaws gap wedge, Vokey gap wedge