Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

MGS Forum Now and Moving Forward

GolfSpy_APH

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Important to note there is a new member testing platform being tested by several members that integrates in with the current platform we have. So the questions that follow along with it are in my opinion.

1. With a planned streamlining of the forum (yes I'll start some work on that soon) can we cross place the tests. Example if we have a driver sub forum, can test be placed not just in testing, but also in that sub forum? 

2. The testing platform itself and yes there was talk about moving back, altho signups would remain the same. However the new member reviews (unofficial reviews) is based off the new testing platform (meaning if we got a test for say Stealth, then member reviews would also show in there meaning all Stealth reviews, both official and non official in one page/thread). Will it even be adopted as the new system is disliked so much?

3. SEO... well that is in the hands of another Mod as he does digital marketing so hopefully we see progress with that. 

4. I really can't speak to HQ testing. There is no update there and no tests on the horizon so we will see what happens. 

5. What about more HQ involvement? Say we get member calls (zoom and such) where HQ staff will be on and the forum membership can ask questions about say Most Wanted testing when it comes out or Ball Lab call with Tony? Is that something that could help or be of use to membership?

Streamlining is a great option

Combining unofficial and official tests are great. Just wish maybe there was a way to put reviews at the top in an expandable drop down to read them with comments then right below. That way they are more like a traditional tread maybe (but I am sure this is a system limitation).

Great work on the SEO changes

I know the HQ testing is just a wait and see approach, but the talk was priority for those that advertise on the main site.

I think the last bullet is the type of engagement we would want from HQ. Bring the knowledge and expertise here as well interacting with those on the forums. Getting to ask Tony about layer incursions of golf balls would have to be the best read thread on here right?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

3 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Streamlining is a great option

Combining unofficial and official tests are great. Just wish maybe there was a way to put reviews at the top in an expandable drop down to read them with comments then right below. That way they are more like a traditional tread maybe (but I am sure this is a system limitation).

Great work on the SEO changes

I know the HQ testing is just a wait and see approach, but the talk was priority for those that advertise on the main site.

I think the last bullet is the type of engagement we would want from HQ. Bring the knowledge and expertise here as well interacting with those on the forums. Getting to ask Tony about layer incursions of golf balls would have to be the best read thread on here right?

I have asked our dev if there is an option to add a more reddit style feature where you can reply to a individual comment or the thread itself. Waiting on a reply for that. 

Bottom line stay tuned for more change and of course I will be here along the way to message or comment at as we go through them. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I have asked our dev if there is an option to add a more reddit style feature where you can reply to a individual comment or the thread itself. Waiting on a reply for that. 

Bottom line stay tuned for more change and of course I will be here along the way to message or comment at as we go through them. 

Thanks you and all the mods for the hard work on this.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Quick update: Sent a bunch of stuff off to our dev about doing a site overhaul to make it simpler and more organized. As well as adding in a few new user features friendly features. 

I am hopeful that we will have a restructure of sub forums and organization by the end of the month. There is a little work to be had where some threads go and we are attempting at doing a compromise for the time to hopefully allow testing threads to be located in two locations. Example Sub70 849 driver to be in the testing database as is, but also show in the Driver Sub Forum. 

Anyway the work and progress continues.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 6/28/2022 at 10:52 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Important to note there is a new member testing platform being tested by several members that integrates in with the current platform we have. 

I was going to do the Motocaddy M7 reviewing in this new section but there isn't a category for electric carts or push or pull carts of any kind. So I just added it to the original testing thread. I kind of like the older system for testing better but do like the new sign up feature boxes. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

• 4 weeks later...

Kind of late to the party on this but one of the main reasons that I don't post that much on topics is the navigation of the site.

Seems like there is no direction laid out in the main topics that could filter down into smaller ones.

The other is lack of testing. I was fortunate to be a tester once...but there needs to be a system where all get some kind of a shot at testing...even is it's golf balls!

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Ping Tour 65

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

Scotty Cameron Custom welded LN 

Grips- GP MCC+4

24 minutes ago, TENBUCK said:

Kind of late to the party on this but one of the main reasons that I don't post that much on topics is the navigation of the site.

Seems like there is no direction laid out in the main topics that could filter down into smaller ones.

The other is lack of testing. I was fortunate to be a tester once...but there needs to be a system where all get some kind of a shot at testing...even is it's golf balls!

Wish we were able to provide more testing opportunities, unfortunately that has been taken out of our hands. 

I'll add it would be great to have all test something, but when we have 5k plus sign up for testing that just doesn't seem possible. 

I believe we had about 150 testers last year which was really cool. We also need to be fair to the OEM that provide it for testing. It looks really bad on us for selecting someone who doesn't finish a review. Plus sucks for membership to not get to see a review. Definitely encourage getting reviews on your own equipment!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 8/1/2022 at 1:20 PM, TENBUCK said:

I only post on subjects that interest me.  I have absolutely no interest in 'what kind of sun glasses' someone wears, or other posts like that.

Edited by Paul Hedrick
  • Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Another update for all

As has likely been seen there has been a staff shift. Even with these changes we have a great core group with myself @GolfSpy_APH, Rob @Golfspy_CG2, Bryan @GolfSpy_BOS and Michael @GolfSpy MPR. We will look to go through any and all applications over the next week or so and hopefully have a new mod named within 3 weeks. If anyone has questions please do not hesitate to reach out to any of us to discuss. 

I know it was talked about earlier in other threads, but a big congrats to all who went to the MGS outing and @Golfspy_CG2 for organizing as well as @MDGolfHacker and @Berg Ryman for stepping up in Rob's absence to help run the event on the ground. Wish I could have been there, but maybe next year? The good news is it looks as though this could be a new staple event with the potential to expand in future years with another 1 or 2 across the US. For us EU/UK Folks well PM me and maybe we can have a meetup. I have a few connections with courses in England and could maybe do something there for us. 

With the change at the top of the Moderator Staff I've been asked to step into that role and have graciously accepted. I'm looking forward to taking on this new challenge and working with everything and everyone to aid in growing the forum, bringing it back to its roots and developing this community further to continue making it what it has always been. A fantastic group of golfers around the world who love the game, equipment and more and that want to discuss that here and gain insights into all things golf, life and more. 

For the moment there are some simple tasks we are going to look to improve. Simplify/reorganization of the forum. Essentially make it super simple for any and all to navigate and find the content they want. This may mean some moving around of threads/topics but don't worry everything will be there still and nothing will be removed permanently. 

In previous years there have been focus groups on the forum and if this is something you are interested in/taking part in please send me a PM. This could require testing of new features, questions on directions, some insights into potential avenues for us to go down and overall just creating ideas by/from forum members to improve the site. 

Transition times are never fun and rarely easy and I hope that everyone can stick with us through this as there are some exciting projects for the future as well as more MGS HQ Zoom calls for only our membership to join. Although these are not forum discussions it allows all of us behind the scenes access to a wealth of knowledge and stories that aren't necessarily published in the articles. 

Thank you all and looking forward to what the future has in store for us!

Congrats Jamie, looking forward to some changes and hope they stick.

Bring on the meetups!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Another update for all

As has likely been seen there has been a staff shift. Even with these changes we have a great core group with myself @GolfSpy_APH, Rob @Golfspy_CG2, Bryan @GolfSpy_BOS and Michael @GolfSpy MPR. We will look to go through any and all applications over the next week or so and hopefully have a new mod named within 3 weeks. If anyone has questions please do not hesitate to reach out to any of us to discuss. 

I know it was talked about earlier in other threads, but a big congrats to all who went to the MGS outing and @Golfspy_CG2 for organizing as well as @MDGolfHacker and @Berg Ryman for stepping up in Rob's absence to help run the event on the ground. Wish I could have been there, but maybe next year? The good news is it looks as though this could be a new staple event with the potential to expand in future years with another 1 or 2 across the US. For us EU/UK Folks well PM me and maybe we can have a meetup. I have a few connections with courses in England and could maybe do something there for us. 

With the change at the top of the Moderator Staff I've been asked to step into that role and have graciously accepted. I'm looking forward to taking on this new challenge and working with everything and everyone to aid in growing the forum, bringing it back to its roots and developing this community further to continue making it what it has always been. A fantastic group of golfers around the world who love the game, equipment and more and that want to discuss that here and gain insights into all things golf, life and more. 

For the moment there are some simple tasks we are going to look to improve. Simplify/reorganization of the forum. Essentially make it super simple for any and all to navigate and find the content they want. This may mean some moving around of threads/topics but don't worry everything will be there still and nothing will be removed permanently. 

In previous years there have been focus groups on the forum and if this is something you are interested in/taking part in please send me a PM. This could require testing of new features, questions on directions, some insights into potential avenues for us to go down and overall just creating ideas by/from forum members to improve the site. 

Transition times are never fun and rarely easy and I hope that everyone can stick with us through this as there are some exciting projects for the future as well as more MGS HQ Zoom calls for only our membership to join. Although these are not forum discussions it allows all of us behind the scenes access to a wealth of knowledge and stories that aren't necessarily published in the articles. 

Thank you all and looking forward to what the future has in store for us!

Congratulations Jamie! I have no doubt you'll do a wonderful job as you've been excellent in your role as a moderator. I just want to thank you and all the current and former mods for the job you've done over the years keeping the forum running smoothly. 

5 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

Honestly meetups in the thing that will keep me here. Last weeks meet up was freaking amazing

Then you’ll love the post right after yours 😬

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Honestly meetups in the thing that will keep me here. Last weeks meet up was freaking amazing

100% hopefully I can make several that are potentially upcoming! Have had the privelidge of doing a few locally with a few members including @ejgaudetteand @GolfSpy Barbajo, not a full weekend but fun nonetheless. Cant wait to see some plans form.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Then you’ll love the post right after yours 😬

https://mtvalleygolf.com/ Is the closest thing I have to Queenstown it’s a nice course but doesn’t have housing on site. I do know of a few courses I’m close to that do have housing on site I would do my best to set something like that up. Problem is next year I’ll have puppies on the ground and won’t have much time next year for a meet up with that.

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

the forum is not going anywhere and it’s not being controlled by HQ   I can promise you that.  Yes there are some changed in member testing, this yesr may not have been the way it was in the past,  But sometimes a change that seems bad at first turns out to be best in the long run.

Doesn't feel like it to me...I'm almost done.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

2 hours ago, MattF said:

Matt feel free to PM me your concerns.  I’ll be happy to discuss them.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

10 hours ago, MattF said:

Is @The Hat still going to be around?

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

13 hours ago, MattF said:

Hate to hear that, hope it turns around.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

3 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

Is @The Hat still going to be around?

For you, in your nightmares. 🤣

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

12 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Been thinking about this, and may have posted similar thoughts earlier in this thread .. and I know I have elsewhere in the forums ... So...

What initially brought me to *this* forum, earlier in my golfing life (which was not that many years ago) when I didn't know a lot about equipment, including e.g. the different performance characteristics between the same club from different manufacturers, between different types of clubs for different types of players, between different shafts, different golf balls, etc etc etc.

The annual (so-called) test and review presented in one of the major print publications was wholly, totally unsatisfactory - everything was wonderful (of course) and yet it said *nothing* about what might help me with my game...

So a Google search for golf equipment reviews led me here.

Where I found a much fuller description of the player types doing the testing, a much fuller description of the _what_ the equipment is and of the _who_ is the target golfer. 

I enjoyed reading thru the personal experiences .. and not long after joined the forum so I could participate, and not long after that signed up for a club test - and got selected 🙂

* OK - here's where I finally start getting to my point 😂

During that first club test .. again several years back when my swing was waaaay worse than it is now .. I felt like I was struggling with the club. I read thru the other testers personal intros and PMed one of them to ask a question...

... He and I struck up a conversation, which has CONTINUED into the present .. about many things golf-related and not related .. we just chat about life events sometimes .. and this conversation WILL continue into the future..!!

I've learned so much from him, and also from -all- the others who take time to share their knowledge and experience - in a friendly, respectful, cooperative way. To me, that's "Community" 👍

and how great it is to have you here! So who is it we can thank for keeping you here? 🤣

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Alright since that last post was so long and boring, I'm starting out my next set of thoughts into this next long and boring post...

Testing.

My opinions on forum member testing:

#1. Should be SUBJECTIVE, e.g. I'm a high handicapper and this club definitely [ did | did not ] help me hit a golf ball better towards the hole.

..and of course include here's some info about me as a golfer, here's some info on how I did my testing, here's some info on how I felt about this club vs the thing that's in my bag now, etc etc.

2. Should be run IN TANDEM with the more objective / data-driven testing done at HQ (e.g. a club is run thru the lab at HQ and then is handed off to a forum member tester).

Yeah it's a plus if the forum testers can supplement their reviews with hard data, but imho should not necessarily be a hard requirement.

No, you don't want people to take free gear and then whiff on the review, but HQ is in a much better position to collect and publish data .. in a consistent format/presentation .. vs a group of testers (using different testing methods and different data collection / presentation methods).

At HQ this could be a part of .. or completely separate from .. Most Wanted testing.

But in my mind a dual testing protocol could be way more impactful to information seekers, and thus possible would-be forum members.

======================

(..forum software combined this post with my prior one...)

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

and how great it is to have you here! So who is it we can thank for keeping you here? 🤣

Haha it's *you* and all your fun doggos!!! 😊

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

10 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Alright since that last post was so long and boring, I'm starting out my next set of thoughts into this next long and boring post...

Testing.

My opinions on forum member testing:

#1. Should be SUBJECTIVE, e.g. I'm a high handicapper and this club definitely [ did | did not ] help me hit a golf better towards the hole.

..and of course include here's some info about me as a golfer, here's some info on how I did my testing, here's some info on how I felt about this club vs the thing that's in my bag now, etc etc.

2. Should be run IN TANDEM with the more objective / data-driven testing done at HQ (e.g. a club is run thru the lab at HQ and then is handed off to a forum member tester).

Yeah it's a plus if the forum testers can supplement their reviews with hard data, but imho should not necessarily be a hard requirement.

No, you don't want people to take free gear and then whiff on the review, but HQ is in a much better position to collect and publish data .. in a consistent format/presentation .. vs a group of testers (using different testing methods and different data collection / presentation methods).

At HQ this could be a part of .. or completely separate from .. Most Wanted testing.

But in my mind a dual testing protocol could be way more impactful to information seekers, and thus possible would-be forum members.

======================

(..forum software combined this post with my prior one...)

Haha it's *you* and your all your fun doggos!!! 😊

Dogs and golf keep us sane, that I know for a fact.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Should be a super like for this. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Should be a super like for this. 

I don't know.... one of mine is actively trying to drive me crazy!

Had me up at 3, 4, and 5:30 this morning to go outside.

I don't have babies anymore, I'm supposed to get to sleep! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

8 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

I don't know.... one of mine is actively trying to drive me crazy!

Had me up at 3, 4, and 5:30 this morning to go outside.

I don't have babies anymore, I'm supposed to get to sleep! 

Why not just leave it outside? Did that with the dalmatian the other day lol

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Why not just leave it outside? Did that with the dalmatian the other day lol

1.  Tempting, but my wife would not approve.

2.  It was also raining.  Which only added the displeasure I had.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8