Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What was that Fitzy ?

Matt Fitzpatrick mention the training he's doing that's improved his Driver length after winning the US open, does anyone know what he's doing exactly as I didn't get what he said. I'd appreciate your feedback, cheers Colin.

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

I know he's been doing overspeed training with The Stack which has been part of it.

Apart from that, he's probably been putting in work in the gym as well.

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

Speed training for more distance; I think he also said it makes the game easier.  

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/2022-us-open-how-matt-fitzpatrick-made-distance-gains-even-amazed-his-peers

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

He’s using The Stack.  The speed training system developed by Sasha McKenzie and Marty Jertson of PING

Hey @revkev can I buy mine back.  😂😂

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

5 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

He’s using The Stack.  The speed training system developed by Sasha McKenzie and Marty Jertson of PING

Hey @revkev can I buy mine back.  😂😂

Had you asked a week ago I'd have slashed the price to get it out of the house.  However I received a great reply to my question from Sasho that included a video where he talks about reasonable expectations for overspeed training.  Extremely helpful for someone who has been doing it for years. 

He also showed three of four foundation protocols from touring pros - they were very interesting - their speed wasn't nearly as fast as you might expect wh.  Which tells you that they max out what they have - high smash factors and they have to learn to swing past their max.  The LPGA player that he showed went from 84 to 93 in her foundation phase - that's crazy in just over 6 weeks.  

I think someone should make a video about managing expectations for differing handicap levels as well as another one that says - if you really wish to improve here's what it will take.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

20 minutes ago, revkev said:

Had you asked a week ago I'd have slashed the price to get it out of the house.  However I received a great reply to my question from Sasho that included a video where he talks about reasonable expectations for overspeed training.  Extremely helpful for someone who has been doing it for years. 

He also showed three of four foundation protocols from touring pros - they were very interesting - their speed wasn't nearly as fast as you might expect wh.  Which tells you that they max out what they have - high smash factors and they have to learn to swing past their max.  The LPGA player that he showed went from 84 to 93 in her foundation phase - that's crazy in just over 6 weeks.  

I think someone should make a video about managing expectations for differing handicap levels as well as another one that says - if you really wish to improve here's what it will take.

Sasho is great. I had bought the Stack when it was first released and i was having some potential radar related issues and he actually called me and i spoke to him on the phone for a bit

I need to get back to using the Stack, i only had used it for a short time. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I guess it’s time for me to get on max swing speed. Does the stack really have that more benefit due to the programs?

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

23 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

I guess it’s time for me to get on max swing speed. Does the stack really have that more benefit due to the programs?

What I initially liked about ther Stack vs SuperSpeed from researching both.  The Stack system seemed easier to follow...at least for me.   it is pretty much laid out on their app via video,  you do the protocol, and record your results and move on to the next.    I just wasn't making the time to use it, or just beign lazy...ha    RevKev was very interested in it so we made a deal.   

If I ever conivnce myself that I would stick with it, it would be the system I'd go back to. 

46 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Nice thing about the stack is that the app adapts to you as you move through. One would think that would give better individual results. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

5 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

What’s your protocol saying? That’s what you should do. 

Its benefit is that the algorithm adjusts to what you’re doing. The other programs are more one size fits all. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

Maybe it's just me, but I thought this was as pretty deceptive and sleeazy press release by SuperSpeed.   They stopped just short of saying Fitzpatrick used SuperSpeed for his triaining. 

People have give club companies a hard time before for some of their deceptive advertising, but to me this is one of the more egregious ad's/press release I've seen. I doubt The Stack would have any legal recourse, but it just strikes me as out and out lying. 

image.png

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I thought this was as pretty deceptive and sleeazy press release by SuperSpeed.   They stopped just short of saying Fitzpatrick used SuperSpeed for his triaining. 

People have give club companies a hard time before for some of their deceptive advertising, but to me this is one of the more egregious ad's/press release I've seen. I doubt The Stack would have any legal recourse, but it just strikes me as out and out lying. 

image.png

I’ll bite.   I didn’t read this as implying that he used Superspeed but I know he used the stack system.  Someone that doesn’t know what system may read into the press release that it was Superspeed.    What specific sentence do you believe is a lie?   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

35 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I’ll bite.   I didn’t read this as implying that he used Superspeed but I know he used the stack system.  Someone that doesn’t know what system may read into the press release that it was Superspeed.    What specific sentence do you believe is a lie?   

Just the fact that they  no doubt are trying to give the impression that the US Open winner used SuperSpeed.  AS you said, you, I and most who read this forum will know he didn't.  But to somebody who didn't know that if they read this, they no doubt will think he used it. 

Like I said, they toed the line that it wouldn't stand up in court.  But when you smell something that stinks, just because you don't see the S$%^ doesn't mean it's not there 🙂

Again, the whole thing just hit me as really poor business ethics.  But probably just me, most won't be annoyed by it

8 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

image.png

I've just read this guff from speed and it's saying to me I need it to get faster, bogus advertising of the worst kind in my opinion...

The first line is incriminating, "speed dominates ########" rubbish..

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…