Titleist Debuts TSR Drivers at The Travelers Championship

Now on Tour: New Titleist Drivers and Fairways 

CARLSBAD, CA. (June 20, 2022)  The new Titleist TSR drivers – the next generation of the most played drivers on the PGA TOUR – are making their worldwide debut this week at the Travelers Championship.

Today’s introduction of the new TSR drivers, together with the new TSR fairway metals, marks the start of the tour seeding and validation process for the upcoming Titleist metalwoods line.

Collaborating with the game’s best players throughout the R&D process, and then earning their final validation, is critical to the development of all high-performance Titleist golf equipment. 

Titleist Tour Representatives will be working with players over the next three days at TPC River Highlands, fitting them into the new TSR models and gathering their performance feedback. 

Thursday’s opening round will mark the first opportunity for players to game the new TSR metalwoods in competition.

Stay tuned to Titleist.com and Titleist's social channels for updates as this process continues over the coming weeks across the worldwide professional tours.

image.jpeg

TITLEIST DRIVERS ON THE GAME’S BIGGEST STAGES

• Titleist is the most played driver on the PGA TOUR, as it has been since the 2018-19 season, with more players gaming TSi driver models than any other brand since their introduction on tour in September 2020.
  • Titleist is the PGA TOUR’s winningest driver since the debut of TSi (25 victories). Two weeks ago, Justin Thomas won the PGA Championship using a TSi3 driver – the most popular driver model on the PGA TOUR - in addition to several professional tours around the world.
  • Titleist drivers are the top choice at the game’s biggest amateur championships.Titleist was the most played driver at the recent NCAA Men’s Championship and St. Andrews Links Trophy (where both winners also played a TSi driver), as well as last year’s U.S. Amateur and U.S. Junior Amateur championships. 

• TSi is the winningest driver this season on the LPGA Tour, and the choice of the reigning Augusta National Women’s Amateur Champion.

• Among the world’s best currently playing a Titleist TSi driver: Max Homa, Sungjae Im, Danielle Kang, Nelly Korda, Jessica Korda, Cameron Smith, Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas and Will Zalatoris, as well the 4th- and 13th-ranked players in the Rolex World Rankings (LPGA) and 11th- and 17th-ranked players in the Official World Golf Ranking (PGA TOUR
  • Like 9

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 HZRDUS Red CB 6.0 

:titelist-small: TSiR2 10.0  Tensei Blue X ink 55g 

:titelist-small: TSR2 16.5 PX Evenflow 5.5 60 g 

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T200 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I love the looks of them, very stealthy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone Xtreme @ 9*
Mini Driver: :taylormade-small: Original One @ 13.5*
Fairway: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5 Wood @ 17*
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 4 Hybrid @ 22*

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 5-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 54* & 58* 
Putter: :ping-small: Heppler Fetch
Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Oh man. Gotta see the address position but if it’s an improvement over the Tsi models, I won’t be committed to the st190 very long haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

i'll be interested to hear what all changed.  Doesn't look too different than the Tsi models. I'm sure they just did some minor tweaking. Aesthetics aren't much different. 

• Like 1

Charleston, SC

HDCP 12.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small:  M4 with 60g Atmos red stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: 52, 56, 60 :titelist-small: SM5 & SM6
  • Putter: 34" :odyssey-small: 2-ball original with superstroke grip
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

Ahhh, I love this stuff! New releases, and pics are why I came to MGS in the first place! I didn’t really give the TSi drivers a real “go” at it, so I’d be interested in seeing how these have been improved vs the previous model. I imagine more forgiveness across the models will be a marketing point.

• Like 5

Driver: Honma TR 460 8.5*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 S, 45 1/4"; Ping G425 LST, Fujikura Speeder TR 661 S, 45 1/2"

hybrids: Cobra King Tec 17* and 21*, both with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105 X

Irons:  Srixon ZX5 4-6, ZX7 7-PW, UST Mamiya Recoil F4, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

im disappoinited in the asthetics.....was hoping for a more matte finish to reduce glare. I still play the 910D3 and was hoping to "upgrade" this year. We will have to see

• Like 2

Golf is cool

2 hours ago, JonMUSC08 said:

i'll be interested to hear what all changed.  Doesn't look too different than the Tsi models. I'm sure they just did some minor tweaking. Aesthetics aren't much different. 

44 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Ahhh, I love this stuff! New releases, and pics are why I came to MGS in the first place! I didn’t really give the TSi drivers a real “go” at it, so I’d be interested in seeing how these have been improved vs the previous model. I imagine more forgiveness across the models will be a marketing point.

Be sure to check out the MGS Home Page First Look piece when it drops when the official launch is announced.  It will have in person live first hand experiecne and photos. 

Just now, Tsecor said:

im disappoinited in the asthetics.....was hoping for a more matte finish to reduce glare. I still play the 910D3 and was hoping to "upgrade" this year. We will have to see

Titelist has never done matte, so wasn't much hope for that to be the new lineup. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Be sure to check out the MGS Home Page First Look piece when it drops when the official launch is announced.  It will have in person live first hand experiecne and photos. 

Titelist has never done matte, so wasn't much hope for that to be the new lineup. 

agreed but the shiny black crown is so played out and is ridiculous in the sun....im really interested in the TSR4 though....will keep fingers crossed as performance is key, not looks. I was just hoping for a more muted look

Golf is cool

11 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

Yup.  I am pretty much a "matte crown only" guy now

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

:ping-small: G425 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 - Tour AD 95X

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW OBAN CT 115X(-)

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F - 58D

:ping-small: ChipR

:ping-small: PLD Milled Anser 2

:titelist-small: ProV1

4 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

agreed but the shiny black crown is so played out and is ridiculous in the sun....im really interested in the TSR4 though....will keep fingers crossed as performance is key, not looks. I was just hoping for a more muted look

It's definitely a preference thing, obviosuly the tour pros must ike it or there would have been some options along the way.  I personally can paly either one, but give me a choice of the two, and I'll take a glossy finish.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

It's definitely a preference thing, obviosuly the tour pros must ike it or there would have been some options along the way.  I personally can paly either one, but give me a choice of the two, and I'll take a glossy finish.  

i just saw the TS4 pics and if that is a low spinning 440cc head, im in trouble with the wife 🙂

• Haha 3

Golf is cool

I literally just bought a TSI3 last week 🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 4
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

21 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I literally just bought a TSI3 last week 🤣

Always the way it works. Always. 

• Haha 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:callaway-small: Mavrik Max 10.5* R Flex Evenflow RipTide
:cleveland-small: Hy-Wood
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D7 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact

7 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Always the way it works. Always. 

The funny thing is Russ, I’m not even mad.

It’s just amusing and it’s on me for not thinking that they’d be discussing next years launch around this time. 

What I will tell myself is newer doesn’t necessarily mean better. I couldn’t believe how much I disliked the G425 line compared to my 400. 

If anyone does happen to get their paws on this new one I’d love to hear their thoughts. 

• Like 5
  • Titleist TSI3 LAGolf DJ 65 5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Mizuno Pro 223 4-P Nippon Modus 3 115X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ.1 LAGolf P135 
  • Srixon Z-Star XV Divide

Western, NY - Go Bills!

5.1 Index

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

What does the R stand for?  Rowdy? Raucous? Rad? Real? Reaper? Ripper? Racing? Rules? Ridiculous? Ranch? Rabbit? Or any other R word?

Redundant? Repeat?

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

32 minutes ago, Shankster said:

What does the R stand for?  Rowdy? Raucous? Rad? Real? Reaper? Ripper? Racing? Rules? Ridiculous? Ranch? Rabbit? Or any other R word?

I'm going with.....Rob 🙂

24 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Redundant? Repeat?

See above 🙂

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Tsecor said:

Funny how this is a personal preference item. I don’t like matte finish drivers, gloss black or nothing for me. I’ve never had an issue with glare, on my Rogue or any earlier driver. I’m looking at the ball and can’t see the driver once the swing starts anyway.

I’m planning to buy a TSR driver this Fall, but if I had a TSi I can understand not needing to “upgrade.”

• Like 1
  • Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 TSR w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06 w MCC+4 Midsize
  • Evnroll ER5B Fit@TrueSpec w P2 Touch Tour
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Adidas Codechaos, FJ DryJoys

6 hours ago, Tsecor said:

This might contradict the point of your post but I actually hit a specially made matte finish version and I was only carrying the ball 270.  Hit the actual club and I was easily carrying it 278'ish.  But then....THEN... they brought out a pinball metallic finish and the sun was reflecting off the crown, almost burning a hole in my retina.  Could barely even look at the ball and pretty much averaged 295 carry.  Unbelievable.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, bobsarobot said:

This might contradict the point of your post but I actually hit a specially made matte finish version and I was only carrying the ball 270.  Hit the actual club and I was easily carrying it 278'ish.  But then....THEN... they brought out a pinball metallic finish and the sun was reflecting off the crown, almost burning a hole in my retina.  Could barely even look at the ball and pretty much averaged 295 carry.  Unbelievable.

92CC280C-EF92-4471-8A53-AB62E4981630.gif.bea2a292294f04053cf73f8eb00aa2f5.gif

• Haha 5

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip