TESTERS WANTED! ×

John Deere Classic - 2022

fixyurdivot

Event #21 is next, the John Deere Classic.  Lost of large green shiny things that fetch a hefty price.  For instance, this X9 Combine, with all the bells & whistles will use up about half of the winners check.  The field isn't looking too bad considering the chump change $7.1M purse... seriously? 😊 Lucas Glover returns to defend his title and Jason Day will also be there. With all the recent churn on professional tour golf, I for one am finding it a bit harder each week to stay focused and charged about tour events.  One thing for sure is that many mid-tier players are more likely going to be finding themselves in the weekends grind and a few of those racing for the home stretch on Sunday's. So, for those of us who hope to see the likes of a Brian Harmon hoisting hardware, that's an upside.

Don't forget to make your pick for this weeks winner https://runmypools.com/JRMPNWWF.  Good luck!

2021 John Deere Classic leaderboard, grades: Lucas Glover breaks drought,  earns first win in 10 years - CBSSports.com

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Harman was a WD to go over and prepare for the open 😞 messed up some fantasy plans... But should be interesting field regardless with some younger guys on the breach of winning for the first time like Riley, Theegala and others. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

This field keeps getting worse and worse with all the WD.  I'd like to see Theegala redeem himself from the mistake in the bunker from yesterday.

Driver - Cobra LTDx LS 9* Silver Rouge 110 msi 70 X

3W -Titleist TSR2 15* TENSEI 1K Black 75

5W - Cobra LTDx 18.5* TENSEI 1K Black 75

Irons - 4-PW Cobra LTDx Nippon Tour 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - 52*, 56*, 60* Cobra KING

Putter - Toulon Palm Springs

Ball - Taylormade TP5x

Yeah given all the WD I have zero interest in this event outside of the few players from my fantasy team. I normally tune in and watch a couple hours of golf each weekend but truly could no be bother to this weekend. I know lots go to prepare for The Open, but thats what I thought Genesis was for? In order to help this field. 

This will give several new guys a chance, but even Riley is a WD. Defintely an event that we could do without and probably one that should be taken off the calendar for the PGA. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

11 hours ago, DeBartola_B said:

This field keeps getting worse and worse with all the WD.  I'd like to see Theegala redeem himself from the mistake in the bunker from yesterday.

Two mistakes, driver off the tee, and an attempted hero shot from the trap. Wonder what the conversation with the caddy was? But I hope he knows better next time, really gave away a chance at a win. Xander really needed another win too.

JDC field does look sad, victim of schedule as others have noted.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

I was pleased to read how well the JDC serves the community.  It’s definitely not the most heralded event on Tour yet the money it puts into the community is near the top among all events.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

With the PNW meet-up happenings and travel, I haven't really been paying too much attention to pro golf news.  I did see all the FTx chat bubbles race across my laptop with the news on who had WD from the JDC, and who has WD from the PGA Tour completely... nutzballs!  As I said in another thread, all this churn could be a real boost to some of the mid-pack players; who are by default moving up in the PGA Tour field rankings. 

I wonder if television/streaming viewership drops off with the LIV event going on in Portland.  I'll be watching both to start and, depending on JDC coverage on the weekend, likely just watching the Pumpkin Ridge event.

9 hours ago, bens197 said:

I was pleased to read how well the JDC serves the community.  It’s definitely not the most heralded event on Tour yet the money it puts into the community is near the top among all events.

Having done these PGA Tour threads for the past couple of years, I will say that I never realized how much BIG $$$ gets pumped into a plethora of charities all across the nation as a result of their events.  

PGA charities receive more money from the golf tournaments than what the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL combined contribute. Not many millionaire/billionaire folks in owning/governing positions. The impact on local charities is huge, like Christmas sales for small local businesses. 

My picks are in, more of a dartboard throw. I won't be watching (I basically never watch - I play golf or with the youngsters in my family).

Steve Smith

Being honest here, I haven't watched much of this event as I'm interested in the Portland/Pumpkin Ridge LIV event.  Part of that is that I can actually watch the LIV event free and w/o commercials.  With my Sling TV package, the Golf Channel only covers portions of each JDC rounds; which is fairly typical for me.  Also not helping that, for the first time in my 3 years of MGS FTx league play, I have no players making the weekend. 😢  

Looking at the leaderboard and the -2 cut line, suggests that TPC Deere Run is looking like a deer in the headlights 😆

Congratulations JT Poston on the wire to wire victory!!!

35 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Congratulations JT Poston on the wire to wire victory!!!

How many balls did he use in the tournament?  I know that they were talking about the fact that he used the same ball for the first and most of the second round (before I turned it off)

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I didn’t watch any of the John Deere until the last Sunday group was putting on #16. But I’m happy for JT Poston, and a couple others who earned entry to the (British) Open. Good for them. 

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

9 minutes ago, cnosil said:

How many balls did he use in the tournament?  I know that they were talking about the fact that he used the same ball for the first and most of the second round (before I turned it off)

I have no idea.  Sometimes when I'm playing out of my mind, I get nervous when tough hazards come into play... thinking I'm going to lose the ball and its mojo 😬.

4 minutes ago, Middler said:

I didn’t watch any of the John Deere until the last Sunday group was putting on #16. But I’m happy for JT Poston, and a couple others who earned entry to the (British) Open. Good for them. 

Me too.  That may prove more meaningful to his end of career golf memories than getting the 2nd win.  Also cool to see the emotion pour out during the post round interview.  Many of us forget just how young many of these guys are.

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

Me too.  That may prove more meaningful to his end of career golf memories than getting the 2nd win.  Also cool to see the emotion pour out during the post round interview.  Many of us forget just how young many of these guys are.

I didn’t see the post interview, but hIs fiancé was way more excited than JT on the 18th green afterward - kinda cute reaction.

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

4 minutes ago, Middler said:

I didn’t see the post interview, but hIs fiancé was way more excited than JT on the 18th green afterward - kinda cute reaction.

He broke down when referring to his fiancé and the team/support group.