Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Putting It All Together

Today I went out to redeem myself after playing like garbage with the Bro Dudes the other day….

The first 6 holes I played a complete game, best golf I have ever played from tee to green.  Very tidy, and professional like.  It was the most fun I’ve had in a long time on the course.

I tried using the V1x today. The control around the green was amazing, but full shots had way too much spin.

1: Center cut drive, 5 iron to the fringe, chip and 2 putt par. (Should have been a bird).

2: 3 iron to center fairway, 54 to 15 feet, 2 putt par.

3: 9 iron, 2 putt par.

4: 2 hybrid to left rough, 48° to 12’, 2 putt par.

5: 3 iron to center fairway, 9 iron, 2 putt par.

6: 8 iron, 2 putt par.

7: ….. bogey (into wind)

8: Bogey (wind)

9: Bogey (wind)

Back 9 was more of the bogey golf. Some pars, and a record drive on 15.  I need to channel those first few holes and stay with it.  The bogey’s started coming when I changed my strategy, and a chunked chip on 7. 

Great execution out of the box. No doubles are huge. Plus it seems like you played penalty free golf. All things that are necessary for lower scores 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

18 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

Great execution out of the box. No doubles are huge. Plus it seems like you played penalty free golf. All things that are necessary for lower scores 

They are huge, huge card killers, because I don't have many eagle offsets anymore.

Good hand action comes from good body action.     

:macgregor-small:  :benhogan-small: :cobra-small:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 2:31 PM, Shankster said:

Today I went out to redeem myself after playing like garbage with the Bro Dudes the other day….

The first 6 holes I played a complete game, best golf I have ever played from tee to green.  Very tidy, and professional like.  It was the most fun I’ve had in a long time on the course.

I tried using the V1x today. The control around the green was amazing, but full shots had way too much spin.

1: Center cut drive, 5 iron to the fringe, chip and 2 putt par. (Should have been a bird).

2: 3 iron to center fairway, 54 to 15 feet, 2 putt par.

3: 9 iron, 2 putt par.

4: 2 hybrid to left rough, 48° to 12’, 2 putt par.

5: 3 iron to center fairway, 9 iron, 2 putt par.

6: 8 iron, 2 putt par.

7: ….. bogey (into wind)

8: Bogey (wind)

9: Bogey (wind)

Back 9 was more of the bogey golf. Some pars, and a record drive on 15.  I need to channel those first few holes and stay with it.  The bogey’s started coming when I changed my strategy, and a chunked chip on 7. 

What was the change in your strategy? Seems like you hit 5 greens in a row, and nearly got on a par 5 in 2. Fairways, greens, and 2 putts is a great strategy but not all that realistic. Your going to hit bad shots and miss targets and scores will waver, but how did you deviate from the plan?

GARSEN GRIP TESTER

• Driver: PING G400 MAX, Ventus Blue 6x
  • Woods: COBRA F6 Baffler AD DI 8S
  • Hybrid: CALLAWAY Apex Pro, Ventus Blue 8s
  • Irons: SRIXON ZX5 mk2 5-6, ZX7 mk2 7-PW, Modus 120x
  • Wedges: EDEL 50 C grind, 54 V grind, CLEVELAND 60 RTX6 Low
  • Putter: YES Abbie!

On 6/28/2022 at 3:31 PM, Shankster said:

There was an interesting "Sweet Spot" podcast with Kent Osborne who is a mental coach. He talked about 2 main personality types (player vs performer) and how some people should focus on routine/target/process and plan shot by shot. While others are better off focusing on a target score, beating an opponent etc.

What was the strategy change? 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0