TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mid to High launch low spinning shafts

jonyim

Any suggestions on mid to high launch driver shafts that have low spin? I currently have an UST Axivcore Tour Green shaft, mid launch low spinning shaft, feels ok. How do the Fubuki shafts and the PX Tour Issue shafts compare?

Don't know much about the Fubuki or PX shafts; I'm a Matrix and Aldila fan. For a higher launch and low spin, I like the Aldila NVS. You can pick them up pretty cheap at the Aldila closeout store (link below)

http://www.aldilastore.com/servlet/-strse-Closeout-Shafts-cln-NVS/Categories

A little pricey, but for me the best mid launch low low spin shaft would be the Oban Kiyoshi

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I have had the PX, Fubuki, and Axivcore Red in my drivers and hit one but could not tell a significant difference in the red and green. The Fubuki was slightly higher but with a lot more spin for me. But felt very smooth, even smoother than the UST. The PX gave me a very low shot with very almost no spin. It hit the ground and ran for ever. The carry sucked but overall distance was further than the Fubuki.

I ended up with the older UST Proforce V2. This produced a mid flight low spin shot. Yes, it felt "boardy" compared to the Red, Green and Fubuki, the PX also felt boardy compared to them, but the carry and roll was much better with it so I quickly forgot what the others felt like.

Waste not and want not, I found a home for those other shafts. The real club makers may have a stroke when they hear the sacrilege I have done, and they may label me a heretic, but I cut these up and put them in Hybrids.

I have the PX in a 14* hybrid, this club recently replaced my 3 wood because I get more overall distance with it. With this head on it I still get the lower ball flight like the driver, but with more spin so it does not roll forever, not something you want when going to the green.

The Fubuki has found a home in an 18* hybrid. This produces a nice high shot that goes about 220 (in the winter) and checks up nicely.

And the Axiv Red has ended up in a 24* hybrid. This club is my go to club a lot. I can hit it anywhere from 150 to 195. Any time I have a long approach and not hitting the ball too well, I pull this one out, On other days I use the required iron but on bad one, it is great. I have also been using it to chip. Basically, putting from off the green with a hybrid.

Hopes this helps. Also the Proforce V2 is really cheap now, because it is an older design.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

The Fubuki will launch higher with more spin and feel smoother

The PX will launcher lower with less spin and feel much tighter.

In the range of the Green there's the DI's and Kiyoshi's both of which are great shafts. After that, you're going to have to start adding some spin to get the launch up any higher. Kusala Blue/White/Silver would be my next place to look in order to get the launch further up while trying not to add to much spin.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Don't know much about the Fubuki or PX shafts; I'm a Matrix and Aldila fan. For a higher launch and low spin, I like the Aldila NVS. You can pick them up pretty cheap at the Aldila closeout store (link below)

http://www.aldilastore.com/servlet/-strse-Closeout-Shafts-cln-NVS/Categories

I agree on the NVS. I have the 85x in one of my hybrids and love it. The RIP beta is not a bad choice either.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

These are great shafts at a resonable price-----

http://www.golfworks.com/category.asp_Q_c_E_10035_A_c2c_E_bc

Driver-Wishon 715CLC- AXE5 A shaft tipeed 1/2"
Fairway -Sonartec SS-02 17*-SS Series Penley Regular shaft
Hybrid-21 & 25 degree Trident DSW Hybrid-UST Irod regular shaft
(2009 version)
Irons- 5-PW-Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release sensicore R(5&6 soft stepped,-7,8 and 9 normal and PW hard stepped)
Wedges-52-Wilson Staff JP II BeCu(Bent from 54*) TT Release R   hard stepped

56-Wilson Sandy Andy BeCu-TT Release R tipped same as 8 iron

60-Wilson Harmonized BeCu-(shaft same as 56*)
Putter-Nickent Tour Prototype Milled #1-35.5"-5* loft-74*Lie

Archived