TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cobra Trusty Rusty

Kept this 57deg LW when I sold my Cobra S2 irons, didn't use it then because I was using a Ping LW. Ping has been letting me down so it's in the cupboard, I hit 25 chips around the practice green and like the feel so going to give it a go. Just wondering if anyone is using one and can describe the design characteristics of the tri-bounce and pwr 57* wedge which has a cobra S200 dark steel shaft and swingweight is D5, first game tomorrow so hoping it's good lol...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

Do not know on the newer ones-- I have an old original Phil Rogers Cobra Trusty Rusty--- I found that wedge on the scrap pile a few years back. This paticular one has a little too much offset for my eye.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

6 hours ago, Bang60 said:

Kept this 57deg LW when I sold my Cobra S2 irons, didn't use it then because I was using a Ping LW. Ping has been letting me down so it's in the cupboard, I hit 25 chips around the practice green and like the feel so going to give it a go. Just wondering if anyone is using one and can describe the design characteristics of the tri-bounce and pwr 57* wedge which has a cobra S200 dark steel shaft and swingweight is D5, first game tomorrow so hoping it's good lol...

The tri sole is intended to provide different bounce characteristics based on the type of shot you are trying to hit….some need more bounce and some need less.  It’s goal is versatility 

https://mygolfspy.com/cobra-trusty-rusty-wedge-review/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Still have a set of these in my backup bag. Love them! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Replaced one of these a few years back. Was one of the first wedges a bought. 60* and was deadly out of the sand

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Replaced one of these a few years back. Was one of the first wedges a bought. 60* and was deadly out of the sand

Deadly as in watch out if you were standing on the green.... "Coming in hot!" 😉

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Still keep my 61* Trusty Rusty in my backup bag.  I have had lob wedges AS good as the Cobra... but nothing BETTER (closest is my current SM9 58* which I only have more affection for currently.. because of the newer grooves.).  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

16 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Still have a set of these in my backup bag. Love them! 

Wow used mine today on6 holes an only hit one good one lol, going to need lots more practice...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

• 1 month later...

I played the BIG Trusty Rusty SW and LW years ago when I was trying to get my game to the next level.  They worked well enough for me.  I learned to hit a flop with the LW, which was far too easy for somebody of my skill level at the time.  And I swear I could scoop a bowling ball out of a bunker they were so shovel-like.  But ultimately they became too clunky and I moved on.  I really liked the tri-bounce design though.  My nephew recently took up the game, so I passed the BIG Trusty's on to him.  

image.png.e692a386e551ec541b07ac49135eb69f.png

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 8.5*, HZRDUS Smoke Yellow XS

TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver/2W 12.5*, Elements Chrome XS

Callaway Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila Rogue 95 MSI XS

Maltby KE4 Tour TC Hybrid 20*, KBS Tour Steel XS

Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 5-SW, Project X LZ Tour S

Titleist Vokey SM7 60*/D

Evnroll ER5 Hatchback

I still have a set. Selling them shortly but they were awesome wedges no doubt! 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I still have a set. Selling them shortly but they were awesome wedges no doubt! 

I'm going to try my IBF Protege wedge and Sandiron again, liked them 20 years ago.