TESTERS WANTED! ×

What wedge are you playing around the greens for different shots?

null

1 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, fairway lie - Down hill I would go with a putter, level or up hill anything from a 8 iron to a 54º

2 - Just off the green, shortsided, fairway lie - Putter

3 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, rough - 54º or PW

4-  Just off the green, shortsided, rough - 60º

5 - Short bunker shot, lots of green - 60º

6 - Short bunker shot, shortsided - 60º

7 - Long bunker shot, lots of green - 54º

8 - Long bunker shot, shortsided - 60º

9 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, fairway - 60º

10 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, rough - Depending on the lie and what the fringe looks like before the green. No fringe I would go 60º and if there is some room to pitch and run it a bit I would go with a 54º just to limit the chance of it not coming out of a fluffy lie. 

Edited by Philip_R

default_titelist-small.jpg.ce9f42d5694f285c498235c26f81ca24.jpg TS3 8.5°

default_taylormade-small.jpg.38fe6f95dda21245f3fac3407e54d0b3.jpg RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5°

default_srixon-small.jpg.a483cde88014a8db05be8135e23aff6e.jpg ZX Utility 3 iron

default_srixon-small.jpg.a483cde88014a8db05be8135e23aff6e.jpg ZX7 4 Iron - PW

default_cleveland-small.jpg.903af6280bdadd06ef9c8f0c4dfe4218.jpg 54° and 60° Wedges

default_scotty-cameron-1.gif.aa4eac2325a98c0e94d74d30721a263a.gif Newport 2 Gunmetal

default_titelist-small.jpg.ce9f42d5694f285c498235c26f81ca24.jpg Pro V1

Garmin Fenix 6 X Pro with Garmin Golf to track stats and use for on course range finding

Intriguing question and interesting array of answers - mine will come in the form of my stock from this distances, changes in lie, turf conditions, etc might change the choices - here goes:

1.  9 iron

2.  Putter

3.  54

4.  59

5.  59

6.  59

7.   54  (if it were a low lip I could go 8 iron)

8.   59

8.   GW bump and run - I’m very good at these with anything from 8 iron to GW

9.   59 

I think a lot of our answers speak to where we play as much as what we are best at. 

I see wedges on 15 yard shots in the fairway and think, “chunk.” You even see your players shy away from that shot on the Florida swing. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

9 hours ago, RPJR said:

The OP's questions are really good questions. 

It would be great if people would include what kind of bounce and grind they have on their wedges to play particular shots.  Wedge bounce angle and grind, and how you match wedges with your technique and angle of attack are helpful information...(particularly for those of us in the market for new wedges!)

Example:

A.  Short sided, bunker to carry, tight or hardpan lie

B.  Same shot as A, rough.  

Anyone able to use a high bounce wedge to pull off shot A?  For example, I know I can execute shot A with a Vokey M grind, but am wondering if I could pull it off with the D grind.  Anyone?

I practice these shots because I get them a lot.  

A.  Most all my shots are with my 60/12º Callaway PM Grind; 

B.  60/12º but I might use my 54/14º Callaway PM Grind depending on what the rough looks like.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4,5,6,7,8 are all 57* (SW) shots for me unless the "long" bunker shot is more than 40 yards, then I'll use the 53*.

1 is an 8 or 9 bump & run

2 is a putter or 57* depending on how much fringe, grain direction, etc makes the putt roll too chancy.

3, 9, 10 will most likely be a 53*

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

10 hours ago, RPJR said:

It would be great if people would include what kind of bounce and grind they have on their wedges to play particular shots.  Wedge bounce angle and grind, and how you match wedges with your technique and angle of attack are helpful information...(particularly for those of us in the market for new wedges!)

Example:

Anyone able to use a high bounce wedge to pull off shot A?  For example, I know I can execute shot A with a Vokey M grind, but am wondering if I could pull it off with the D grind.  Anyone?

There are so many things to consider.   I personally believe you can pull off most shots with any bounce and grind and that technique trumps all.   Bounce and grind may make specific shots easier based on the technique we use.   We would also have to consider ball position (how shot sided) and what results you expect from the shot.  In your example A, is 20 feet past the hole a good shot?  Depending on all the factors getting the ball inside 6’ may be a 1 in 1000 type shot and not something I am expecting even if I have the “perfect” club and “perfect” technique.   In A and B I am probably playing my 58/12 (highest loft bounce in my bag); for A it will be stock pitch maybe a ball back and for B it will depend on how much club I can get on the ball so it could be back 2 balls to 2 balls up. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

From a higher HI player (13+) who seems to do better practicing fewer wedges/clubs vs many (depends on slope, traps/hazards and consequences of miss):

1 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, fairway lie putter, GW downhill or 9i uphill or slow greens

2 - Just off the green, shortsided, fairway lie putter or GW

3-4 GW

5-6-7-8 56, high bounce inside 70 yards

9-10 GW or 9i

I only use my 60, low bounce when shortsided with a hazard between me and the pin, so I don't practice with my 60 as much.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

11 hours ago, RPJR said:

Example:

I have vokey sm8 s with F grind in my 50 and D grind in 54 and 58. 

Different grasses require different techniques and angle of attack. Someone who is used to lots of shaft lean and hitting down on the ball with bent grass is going to struggle on Bermuda. Thick rough vs not so thick rough is going to change it but also what works for one in that situation may not work for another. Some like to cut their wedges and others draw them.

I can use the same wedge and hit 3 different shots with them altering the height of each and where they land simply by changing swing tempo. Low shot that lands quickly and runs out just use a shorter and faster stroke. Want to do a medium height with landing the ball further then use a medium speed swing and for a higher longer carry use a slower speed swing. 

If anyone wants some easy to use steps for playing wedges get Monte scheinblums use the bounce (this one is free) and/or use the bounce 2.0 series (best $24 you will spend) on his website. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

15 hours ago, Lacassem said:

1 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, fairway lie

52 for the most part depending on how much I can run maybe a 48

2 - Just off the green, shortsided, fairway lie

3 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, rough

4-  Just off the green, shortsided, rough

5 - Short bunker shot, lots of green

6 - Short bunker shot, shortsided

7 - Long bunker shot, lots of green

8 - Long bunker shot, shortsided

9 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, fairway

52/60 depending on if I want to run it or get some more lift 

10 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, rough

52/60 most likely 60

i can pretty much do anything needed with the 48/52/60 but 52 is my go to for a majority of any necessary wedge shot

Do you still game the 56* wedge in your signature? If so, what do you use it for? 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

48 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Simple is good. I hear what you are saying about your D7s and a hot face.  I even struggle with my 9i/PW of my JPX Tours because the ball seemingly comes off a bit quicker (obviously some of that due to the lower loft).  Tiger Woods, for as good as he is, uses his SW for most of his short game shots because he manipulates the face as needed.  Based on what I see with the random people I get paired with, I think amateur golfers rely far too much on their highest lofted wedge around the greens.

I can't remember where I read it, either here or elsewhere online, but my short game improved dramatically when I simplified club selection.  Even though I use my highest lofted wedge often, I agree with you 100%.  One of the primary reasons that I don't carry a 60* any longer is because I realized that I was losing too many strokes around the green and that my 56* was a much better club for me.  Simplify and take the temptation away.  I rarely find a time that I wish I had a 60* back in the bag because I know my 56* can handle the job. 

Putter from off the green is highly underutilized and underrated by many amateurs IMO. 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

43 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

I can't remember where I read it, either here or elsewhere online, but my short game improved dramatically when I simplified club selection.  Even though I use my highest lofted wedge often, I agree with you 100%.  One of the primary reasons that I don't carry a 60* any longer is because I realized that I was losing too many strokes around the green and that my 56* was a much better club for me.  Simplify and take the temptation away.  I rarely find a time that I wish I had a 60* back in the bag because I know my 56* can handle the job. 

Putter from off the green is highly underutilized and underrated by many amateurs IMO. 

I agree, I improved when I simplified club selection which allowed me to practice those clubs more.  When I see a short side or sand shot the 57* is used;  lots of green with a good lie its bump & run time, if its in the rough and not short sided then its the 53*.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

4 hours ago, revkev said:

Intriguing question and interesting array of answers - mine will come in the form of my stock from this distances, changes in lie, turf conditions, etc might change the choices - here goes:

1.  9 iron

2.  Putter

3.  54

4.  59

5.  59

6.  59

7.   54  (if it were a low lip I could go 8 iron)

8.   59

8.   GW bump and run - I’m very good at these with anything from 8 iron to GW

9.   59 

I think a lot of our answers speak to where we play as much as what we are best at. 

I see wedges on 15 yard shots in the fairway and think, “chunk.” You even see your players shy away from that shot on the Florida swing. 

I was going to say really anything 8 iron and above to 52* on question 1.  Like that answer Rev

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Do you still game the 56* wedge in your signature? If so, what do you use it for? 

I dont game it currently I added the 48* to cover the gap from 45-52 and I utilize it alot more with fuller shots, its alot more versatile for me all around. All the things I do with the 56 can be broken into 52/60 for me so I pulled it out. Its used mostly for off season work at this time lol.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Pretty much just two for me.

52 degree-  1,3,7,9,10

56 degree- 2,4,5,6,8

Generally if i have room to work with, its 52, and I play some roll out, not much room 56, and try to stop it quick.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Putter:  :ping-small: Scottsdale Wolverine

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 2H, 3H

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

1 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, fairway lie - 50*

2 - Just off the green, shortsided, fairway lie - 60*

3 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, rough - 56*

4-  Just off the green, shortsided, rough - 60*

5 - Short bunker shot, lots of green - 56*

6 - Short bunker shot, shortsided - 60*

7 - Long bunker shot, lots of green - 50*

8 - Long bunker shot, shortsided - 56*

9 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, fairway - 56*

10 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, rough - 56*

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Cool discussion!

1 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, fairway lie - SW, ball in back of stance, hit a low spinner that checks up and barely releases to the hole.

2 - Just off the green, shortsided, fairway lie - sometimes putter, sometimes a LW that I basically play like a bump and run.

3 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, rough - GW, bump and run style. Depending on the rough, it could even be a PW.

4-  Just off the green, shortsided, rough - LW

5 - Short bunker shot, lots of green - SW

6 - Short bunker shot, shortsided - SW

7 - Long bunker shot, lots of green - SW

8 - Long bunker shot, shortsided - SW

9 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, fairway - SW, open the face a bit, ball middle of stance, little to no forward shaft lean, and I pick the ball perfectly while whipping the hands through to hit a one hop and stop type shot that Rory taught me on TaylorMade's YouTube, haha.

10 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, rough - LW, hit a pitch shot short and let it release.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

20 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

Cool discussion!

1 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, fairway lie - SW, ball in back of stance, hit a low spinner that checks up and barely releases to the hole.

I really want to hit that shot but have no idea how to do it.  It requires more than just ball back and solid contact.   Mine is more land and rollout.   😂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

I really want to hit that shot but have no idea how to do it.  It requires more than just ball back and solid contact.   Mine is more land and rollout.   😂

I found myself at a really nice practice facility where it felt like real course conditions in the short game area and they had Pro V1 balls to use for practice. I practiced that shot over and over until I realized what it took to hit it. I'm not the most consistent with it because I don't get to play like I used to, but it's still my go-to.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

1 - Putter/7iron

2 - 54/56/58/60/62/64

3 - 58/60/62/64

4-  58/60/62/64

5 - 54

6 - 60/62/64

7 - 52/54

8 - 60/62/64

9 - 48/52/54/56

10 - 54/58/60/62/64

1 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, fairway lie

putteror7iron

1 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, fairway lie……Putter, 49* wedge

2 - Just off the green, shortsided, fairway lie……Putter

3 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, rough….53*

4-  Just off the green, shortsided, rough….53*

5 - Short bunker shot, lots of green….57*

6 - Short bunker shot, shortsided….57*

7 - Long bunker shot, lots of green…53* or 57*, depends on sand

8 - Long bunker shot, shortsided…57*

9 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, fairway….53*

10 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, rough….53*

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

PW, 48, 52, 56 and Texas for for those nice tight lies...want to get it on the ground and rolling towards the hole as quickly as I can, which increases it's changes of getting to or maybe in the hole.  

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 20.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 6-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1s (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

I only have one wedge. A 54° Vokey SM9. So everything around the green that's fairly level I use that. Also all bunker shots. 
The Approach wedge that came with ZX5 set is a 50° so if I'm further out than 60 yards or so I use that. 

This makes me get used to distances and keeps me comfortable with contact. I use these and I know what they will do, or won't do. 

-ckeller52

What's in the bag? This is....
IRONS         Srixon ZX5 5-AW fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts
WEDGE's     Vokey SM9 54* 14 Fitted with Elements Recoil 806 F2 Shafts and A 60* Jean Carlo Golf Wedge (Amazon)
DRIVER       default_taylormade-small.jpg M6
3 WOOD     default_taylormade-small.jpg M6
HYBRIDS     cobra King F9 Speedback 3&4  KBS TOUR HB GRAPHITE 75 R
PUTTER       cobra WideSport 35" 
Lamkin       Sonar+ Tour Calibrate Standard Golf Grips
I also use Garmin Approach S70 and a Bushnell V3 (no slope)
And a Full Swing Kit launch monitor for the three times a week or so when I practice. 

First i say do what works best for you given the situation, but here is what I prefer to play.

1 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, fairway lie -  Putter, PW, 8iron, 9iron

2 - Just off the green, shortsided, fairway lie - Putter, 56* depending on distance to green

3 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, rough - PW, 50*

4-  Just off the green, shortsided, rough - 56*

5 - Short bunker shot, lots of green 56*

6 - Short bunker shot, shortsided 56*

7 - Long bunker shot, lots of green 50*

8 - Long bunker shot, shortsided 56*

9 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, fairway - 50*, PW

10 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, rough - 56*, 50*

- anything from 5-9 depending on grain & softness

54/58

- anything from 5-50 degree depending on grain & softness

54 w/ a runner hand & body position

58 low hand/club angle for the splash-a-pottamus 

50/54 - sometimes even a closed face 8 or 9 for topspin

50/54 dependent on grain + up or downhill

9, 50, 54 depending on lie etc. 

On 7/6/2022 at 12:30 PM, jlukes said:

Thought it would interesting to see what clubs/wedges everyone uses around the greens on different types of shots:

Putter, 55 or 60. Occasionally 50 degree. 

Larry A. Merrick 

My bag is setup with Mizuno T22s. I try to keep it as simple as possible. Everything 60 yds in is my 58-12 deg bounce. When chipping bump and run (within 3-5 yds from green) I'll go as low as 8i depending on how much green to work with. Pitching outside the 5 yd from greenside range, I just go with the 58. Depending on lie I'll work the face, open it up in the rough. Full swing 58 from the fairway for me is about 77 yds. 

Bunker side sand is exclusively my 54-10 deg bounce. Again working the face depending on distance. 

Everything 60-115 yds is my 50-07 deg bounce. Just clock the swing for distance. Since it's pretty much full sole, I don't really work the face much.

I selected the Mizuno D grind for my 54 and 58 which has good toe/heel relief allowing to face manipulation. S Grind on my 50 is full sole/minimal relief as I usually take more full swings with this.

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG 

Anywhere from a 7 iron to a lob- 

from a long runner to a flop. 
I want it rolling asap

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

1 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, fairway lie             56 SW

2 - Just off the green, shortsided, fairway lie                                      60 LW

3 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, rough                    56 SW

4-  Just off the green, shortsided, rough                                             60 LW

5 - Short bunker shot, lots of green                                                     56 SW

6 - Short bunker shot, shortsided                                                        60 LW

7 - Long bunker shot, lots of green                                                     56 SW (square face)

8 - Long bunker shot, shortsided                                                        56 SW (open face)

9 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, fairway   56 SW

10 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, rough    56 SW

On 7/6/2022 at 12:30 PM, jlukes said:

Thought it would interesting to see what clubs/wedges everyone uses around the greens on different types of shots:

1 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, fairway lie 7i

2 - Just off the green, shortsided, fairway lie Putter

3 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, rough  PW

4-  Just off the green, shortsided, rough  58

5 - Short bunker shot, lots of green 58 

6 - Short bunker shot, shortsided  58

7 - Long bunker shot, lots of green 54

8 - Long bunker shot, shortsided 54

9 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, fairway PW

10 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, rough 58

1-Just off the green, lots of green to work with, fairway lie - 50 degree

2 - Just off the green, shortsided, fairway lie - Putter

3 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, rough - 54 degree or 58 degree

4-  Just off the green, shortsided, rough - open face 58 degree

5 - Short bunker shot, lots of green - 54 degree

6 - Short bunker shot, shortsided - 58 degree

7 - Long bunker shot, lots of green - depending how long, anywhere from 50 degree or 54 degree

8 - Long bunker shot, shortsided - 54 degree

9 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, fairway - 54 degree or 58 degree depends on the fall and receptiveness of the green

10 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, rough - same as above

B_LinksGolf "Any day golfing is better than a day in the office"

What's in the Bag:

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST 3diamond LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

3w/5w: Callaway Rogue ST LS: Tensei raw blue 65g stiff

4i-6i: Callaway '24 Apex CB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

7i-10i: Callaway '24 Apex MB/Modus 3 130 X-stiff

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw (matte black) 50ºs-grind/54ºs-grind/58ºz-grind

Putter: Callaway AI-one Jailbird mini DB 35"

1 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, fairway lie Lob

2 - Just off the green, shortsided, fairway lie.   Lob

3 - Just off the green, lots of green to work with, rough Lob

4-  Just off the green, shortsided, rough Lob

5 - Short bunker shot, lots of green  Lob

6 - Short bunker shot, shortsided Lob

7 - Long bunker shot, lots of green Sand Wedge

8 - Long bunker shot, shortsided  Sand Wedge

9 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, fairway  Lob

10 - 15 yards short of the green, average pin accessibility, rough  Lob