TESTERS WANTED! ×

Stealth Plus Driver Issue?!

Kyle21

I will start with the negative, for me the red face/ twist face tech is visually confusing. Of all things I really struggle with being able to square the club face at address. Like I seriously can’t tell when I’m squared up. I’m a 4 handicap but used to be a lot better. So I’m shocked I’m having this problem. I can’t be the only one, but I’ll figure it out.

Aside from that, the driver is hot. Solid shots are long and miss hits are shockingly longer than they should be. The stealth plus in my opinion is not the most forgiving by any stretch. I also should mention the sound it makes is incredible.

Why does the red face and twist face have anything to do with squaring the club face at address?  The only thing that matters is if it's square at impact.  Pick a point a foot in front of you on the target line, point the face there and swing.  Easy game 😁

My bag is a revolving door!

Considered going custom route and getting one with grey or different color face?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

17 minutes ago, Kyle21 said:

I will start with the negative, for me the red face/ twist face tech is visually confusing. Of all things I really struggle with being able to square the club face at address. Like I seriously can’t tell when I’m squared up. I’m a 4 handicap but used to be a lot better. So I’m shocked I’m having this problem. I can’t be the only one, but I’ll figure it out.

Aside from that, the driver is hot. Solid shots are long and miss hits are shockingly longer than they should be. The stealth plus in my opinion is not the most forgiving by any stretch. I also should mention the sound it makes is incredible.

I wish it looked more like my Sim 2 Max 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I can understand the square at address. All mental.

Do you have a picture of it from top down, I have honestly not swung or even looked at these but now I am curious

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

18 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Considered going custom route and getting one with grey or different color face?

17 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I wish it looked more like my Sim 2 Max 

First thing I did when the customizer came out was designed one that looks more like the Sim 2! haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

I can understand the square at address. All mental.

Do you have a picture of it from top down, I have honestly not swung or even looked at these but now I am curious

You can def see the face and it is different from what you normally see visually. I however like it. 

IMG_1352.jpg

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

6 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

You can def see the face and it is different from what you normally see visually. I however like it. 

IMG_1352.jpg

Hmmmm not sure if I would have an issue with alignment on that. To each their own!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

43 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

IMG_1352.jpg

I can now understand what the OP is talking about.  The contrast in color is definitely different than most drivers. Do you suppose TM chose the red color to indicate "hot"? Cool blue color wouldn't be inspiring 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

This particular issue I’m having is definitely a person to person thing. There is just something about the color contrast/design that isn’t sitting right with me yet. To be honest I wish the face was black and white. Red is innovative and very cool, but not ideal for me.

Before the stealth plus I was gaming the 2017 M1 Driver and never had these issues. It’s definitely a mental thing and I will figure it out, just was curious if anyone was experiencing something similar.

We are all different for sure - 

I have the plain Stealth but it's the same red face.  I had a small visual issue at first in that it appeared a bit closed.  I just hit it for a while on the range and got used to it.  

Having written that has the OP played with the settings at all?  When you write having issues closing the face are you hitting pushes?  If so you may wish to close the face (go up in loft) one notch.  My friend was having trouble with hitting some low hooks and he easily fixed it by opening the face one.  (At my recommendation which his pro supported)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

20 minutes ago, revkev said:

We are all different for sure - 

I have the plain Stealth but it's the same red face.  I had a small visual issue at first in that it appeared a bit closed.  I just hit it for a while on the range and got used to it.  

Having written that has the OP played with the settings at all?  When you write having issues closing the face are you hitting pushes?  If so you may wish to close the face (go up in loft) one notch.  My friend was having trouble with hitting some low hooks and he easily fixed it by opening the face one.  (At my recommendation which his pro supported)

I have not played around with the adjustments, but I will give that a shot next time I’m on the range. 
Thanks for the input!

2 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

IMG_1352.jpg

Looking at it from that angle doesn’t really give me any info of how it looks at address. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

4 hours ago, Kyle21 said:

Can I ask why you purchased a driver that you can't even address the ball correctly with?  I mean most people would hard-pass on a club that they put down by the ball and it gave them zero confidence in.  Plenty of drivers that are just as good as the Stealth+ that wouldn't give you the issues at address.

If I was standing over a shot thinking "man I don't know if I can line up correctly with this club" it would immediately go back into the fitting cart.  I don't care what the numbers are, if you can't be confident over the ball then it is only going to create issues on the golf course when there is any sort of pressure 

3 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

IMG_1352.jpg

Same! I get behind the ball so much that I don’t see the face at all at address. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

21 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Looking at it from that angle doesn’t really give me any info of how it looks at address. 

Edited it.

879C8A85-936F-4ECF-822F-33DBFBEA1E02.jpeg

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 7/8/2022 at 1:47 PM, jlukes said:

Can I ask why you purchased a driver that you can't even address the ball correctly with?  I mean most people would hard-pass on a club that they put down by the ball and it gave them zero confidence in.  Plenty of drivers that are just as good as the Stealth+ that wouldn't give you the issues at address.

If I was standing over a shot thinking "man I don't know if I can line up correctly with this club" it would immediately go back into the fitting cart.  I don't care what the numbers are, if you can't be confident over the ball then it is only going to create issues on the golf course when there is any sort of pressure 

Great question, when I got fitted for the club it initially looked odd at setup, but didn’t really notice a problem. When I got fit for that driver I seriously could not hit the ball any better, like I’ve never hit a driver that good before.

Was not until after I had purchased and received the club did these issues occur. 

• 1 month later...

Been over a month now since I started this discussion, and I’d like to update y’all.

No longer have these alignment issues, just took a while for me personally to get comfortable over the club. It’s a great feeling to finally feel confident pulling out the driver again.

That being said, I’ll never buy a club again without being 100% confident with the product. Feel dumb for how I went about buying the club, but oh well I love it now.