Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Poll: Driving Range Warmup Before Playing a Round?

Do you warmup with a bucket of balls before every round more often than not?  

283 members have voted

1. 1. Do you warmup with a bucket of balls before every round more often than not?

• Yes.
    • No, I’m only on the driving range for practice.

If I don't go to the range, my driver ballspeed suffers and doesn't max out so to speak until the back 9.  Due to me being old, lol.

Range is needed if I want to golf to my full potential.

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

For me, if it is before a round, generally, I will loosen up with 5-10 balls with my 56/52 degree wedge to get a feel going. After that, I will basically just play the tee box shot for holes that I feel I could struggle with. Replicating as close to possible the hole in question on the range to take me to the course. If I don't know the course layout, then I will get a score car (hopefully with pictures) and play the first 3 holes tee box to approach. Again, for me personally driving range is all about feel and getting comfortable before a round. 

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

I start with a gap wedge for 3 to 5 balls then move to a p wedge for 3 balls and hit 3 with every club up to 6 iron.  I hit a couple drivers to find my groove.  I then move to green side for some wedge work and putts.

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

More often than not, yes, but I only take maybe 25-30 swings max spread out between a few clubs just to loosen my back up. I spend more time chipping and putting before the round than I did when I started 6 years ago. 

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

I hit a small bucket, from 58* up to driver. More balls for 7 to wedges, 3-6 balls for the rest. Gets me limbered, warmed up and give me an idea of how round will go.

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”

I try to hit the range before a round if I can. My home course doesn’t have a range, but a park district course about a mile away does albeit with mats.

I tend to come over the top so I set up a Pure Plane Pro with a pool noodle over the stick and warm up with that to get the feel of dropping it into the slot. I hit a couple shots each with every other iron and then woods and driver,  I finish with some lob shots. Maybe 30 balls total. I try to space the shots out so I’m not pounding balls but feel like I’m leaving time between each shot to simulate being on the course.

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST MAX Driver 10o Fujikura Ventus Blue 5 S

:taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 3 wood 15o Fujikura Ventus Blue 5 R

:taylormade-small: Stealth 5 wood 18o Fujikura Ventus Red 5 R

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4 Hybrid Fujikura Ventus Blue 5 R

:taylormade-small: P790 2021 5-AW Aerotech i95

:vokey-small: SM8 Brushed Steel 54 , 58 12 D

Winn Dri-Tac 2.0

:ping-small: PLD DS72 Satin

:titleist-small: Pro V1