Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Titleist Pro V1

I like left dash. Played only one dozen. Too rich for my blood. Played much longer.

Edited by Paul J
Additional reply

Golf is a mind game. Give your failures no mind.

20 minutes ago, Paul J said:

I like left dash. Played only one dozen. Too rich for my blood. Played much longer.

Edited by Paul J
Eliminated unnecessary wording.

Yes. As I mentioned, the left dash was much longer, by about 10-15 yards. I know that what I am about to say does not refer to your immediate topic: Am now playing Maxfli Tour X. For the price I think it’s a great ball - good distance, great feel and my spy stated that it’s reliably made.

3 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Yes. As I mentioned, the left dash was much longer, by about 10-15 yards. I know that what I am about to say does not refer to your immediate topic: Am now playing Maxfli Tour X. For the price I think it’s a great ball - good distance, great feel and my spy stated that it’s reliably made.

I'm actually about to pick up some Maxfli Tour X's. I've been playing TaylorMade TP5s and I like them, but can't justify the $60/dozen. I've resorted to buying the 2019 practice version but they seem to not hold up as well.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9º | Ping Tour 2.0 Black 75S

Fairway Wood: Ping G430 Max 3W 15º | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 75S

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged (5-GW) | Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Ping s159 54º & 58º | PING Z-Z115

Putter: Ping Anser (2023)

Ball: ProV1x

Prov1 because it’s what I was fit for. Prov1x is always an option for me.

left dash doesn’t spin enough for me when testing on the course 

Havent had the chance to test left dot but it intrigues me

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

15 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Paul J - did you test all the other models of the Pro V1 to see that the left dash went longer? Or did the left dash go longer than your previous ball you were playing ?

Back in the game after a 15 year hiatus and loving every minute of it. 

Left Dash. When I play either ProV1 or ProV1x, I generate too much spin with my irons. The Left Dash stays within a yard or so of where it lands, unless the greens are super firm. I find that greenside performance is really comparable from all three, and driver distance is probably slightly longer with the Left Dash, but approach spin is my primary factor.

If I am playing super firm greens, I will sometimes change to a ProV1 (windy day) or ProV1x (non-windy day).

11 hours ago, ONLYHITBOMBS said:

Paul J - did you test all the other models of the Pro V1 to see that the left dash went longer? Or did the left dash go longer than your previous ball you were playing ?

11 hours ago, Paul J said:

I did try the others. Left dash was definitely longer. 

The questions would be

what caused the extra distance? 

Was it only on a certain area of the game or throughout the bag?

Did it perform as well around there green?

Also were they all tested in the same day in the same conditions?

Then again if distance is the only criteria the rest don’t matter, but when comparing balls and saying X did better than Y in whatever category it’s helpful to have the numbers to explain why. 

Ive had TM balls go longer than prov1 off the tee but they performed worse in irons and were about the same around the green.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

• 3 weeks later...

Love Pro V1 but not the price. The way I am playing right now I loose or crack at least 1 ball a round. Lost a Kirkland last round and while looking found a Pro V1 so naturally I started to use it. Two holes later I bladed my 4 iron and when I picked the ball up there was a black line on it that was not there previously. When I examined it, I found it had cracked. This is the 4 ball I have cracked in the last 3 months. Having a lesson this week as topping really aggravates my illness.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

Played ProV1 for years and was a big Titleist guy. Stopped playing them and switched to Z-Star because it was almost half the price up till 2021 (still is on BOGOs). They perform almost the same for me off all clubs. Though I tried the ProV1 again this year and noticed it was quite a bit shorter off the driver than the Z, but still performed the same throughout the rest of the bag.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1 hour ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Played ProV1 for years and was a big Titleist guy. Stopped playing them and switched to Z-Star because it was almost half the price up till 2021 (still is on BOGOs). They perform almost the same for me off all clubs. Though I tried the ProV1 again this year and noticed it was quite a bit shorter off the driver than the Z, but still performed the same throughout the rest of the bag.

Loss of total distance or carry distance?

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Loss of total distance or carry distance?

Carry, I would say the Z was going 15-20 yards further. I hit the ball high and I don't get much roll on my drives especially in May and early June when it's still soft around me. That's when I was comparing the balls.

It was only driver and 3W though. Irons were going same distance and stopping almost as well.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star