Moecat

Why I may not rush to play golf in Texas ...

Our Sponsors

http://espn.go.com/dallas/golf/story/_/id/7548062/golfer-lose-leg-stabbing-being-allowed-play-through

A man who was allegedly stabbed during a fight at a Texas golf club over being allowed to play through could lose the use of a leg as a result, The Star-Telegram of Fort Worth reported.

The 48-year-old man, whose name was withheld by the newspaper over his fear of retribution, suffered a punctured femoral artery when he was stabbed in the leg with the shaft of a broken golf club, a Tarrant County Sheriff's Department spokesman said, according to the report.

The attack happened on Jan. 27 at a golf course at a resort near Eagle Mountain Lake, after the alleged victim's group asked to play through, believing the group ahead of them was playing too slowly, according to the report.

A club official had instructed the golfers in the group ahead to let the alleged victim's group play through, the alleged victim said.

But an argument broke out and became physical, and in the process a golf club was broken, said Terry Grisham, a spokesman for the Tarrant County Sheriff's Department, according to the report.

The alleged victim said the attacker stuck the broken shaft of the golf club through his leg and pulled it out, puncturing his femoral artery twice, the newspaper reported.

Muscles in the injured leg have atrophied from lack of blood flow, the alleged victim said, according to the report.

"If it does not regenerate, it will be no good to me," he said, the Star-Telegram reported.

A criminal investigation is ongoing, Grisham told the newspaper.

Posted Image

A criminal investigation is ongoing, Grisham told the newspaper.

Slow play is a criminal offense in Texas. :D

But the foursome was allowed to continue on as a threesome. :D

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

I think I've played that golf course. But it was many years ago and I deny any involvement in the reported incident. :)

You can come play my club. It has been years since we've found any bodies floating in the lake. And that was an escaped felon so it hardly counts. :P

check out the very first line of the web page for the Golf Course....

What I lug around the golf course in my MacKenzie Walker.

Driver -   Ping G410 Plus 9° Tour 65 S
Fairway -  :srixon-small: Z785 13.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: Z785  TTDG IT S400 3,5-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX4 Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Nike  Method Converge B1-01 UST Frequency Filter/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black / Ping Anser F/ Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

You can come play my club. It has been years since we've found any bodies floating in the lake. And that was an escaped felon so it hardly counts. :P

They found a body at one of the courses I frequent last year. One of the very old members passed away of a heart attack on the course. IMO, I can't a better way to go than suddenly while having fun, as long as it's not some other member skewering you with a broken shaft.

Years ago, I am told, at my club on the 18th hole, there was a group of old men. One of them was in the bunker. He holed it out, and his buddies were watching the ball go in the hole and yelling. When they looked back, he was dead in the bunker. Massive heartattack. There is some question of if he really holed out or just hit it close, but there is no question of he hit the shot and fell over dead when he hit the ground. The pro shop guy saw him go from his follow through to crumpling on the ground in one motion. He landed about the same time as the ball.

The other story about the escaped convict was he got away and was still handcuffed. He was running though the woods at night and ran off of the dam. The trees stop on the top of the dam. He hit the freezing water and sank. They looked for him all night. A couple of days later he was found floating in the lake. Not sure if he was a convict or just under arrest but I do know he could not swim.

Years ago, I am told, at my club on the 18th hole, there was a group of old men. One of them was in the bunker. He holed it out, and his buddies were watching the ball go in the hole and yelling. When they looked back, he was dead in the bunker. Massive heartattack. There is some question of if he really holed out or just hit it close, but there is no question of he hit the shot and fell over dead when he hit the ground. The pro shop guy saw him go from his follow through to crumpling on the ground in one motion. He landed about the same time as the ball.

The other story about the escaped convict was he got away and was still handcuffed. He was running though the woods at night and ran off of the dam. The trees stop on the top of the dam. He hit the freezing water and sank. They looked for him all night. A couple of days later he was found floating in the lake. Not sure if he was a convict or just under arrest but I do know he could not swim.

I guess it would be hard if not impossible to swim while being handcuffed

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck