Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Help with Numbers

JFish350

1 minute ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

my miss was Out to in with a heel that lead to wipe fades. Now my miss it more on the toe with a more neutral path. Now that you can take video, seriously try video lessons

Clay Ballard has them for like $200 a month unlimited. Just not sure I want to do that just yet. 

found an odd drill he has, axe chop. It’s weird but it has helped me today for some reason. Maybe it’s incorporating my old baseball swing, not that that is what I’m trying to do, just a different thought. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

12 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

Clay Ballard has them for like $200 a month unlimited. Just not sure I want to do that just yet. 

found an odd drill he has, axe chop. It’s weird but it has helped me today for some reason. Maybe it’s incorporating my old baseball swing, not that that is what I’m trying to do, just a different thought. 

My guy is $20-30 a lesson if you buy the three pack. i submit about once a month

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

15 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I can see them downloaded.  Well I see the issue.  Like Randy, you are just a little fella - no wonder your having such a hard time getting carry distance 😆. I think your swing and ball flight looks pretty good. I certainly wouldn't entertain anything drastic but just work towards a little flatter swing and moving the AOA towards 0 or slightly positive... which is a big shift from your baseline.  Getting there incrementally is probably better in the long haul.

My driver fitting showed me at -0.4 and I've been working on flattening the swing path and hitting up.  For me, reminding myself to raise my left shoulder (dropping the right) has help as has concentrating on slowing my backswing and transition.  Unfortunately, I have no new data for comparison but my brain thinks I'm doing better and that's at least half the battle.

Ill take you any day Bill! 😛 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

Just now, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Ill take you any day Bill! 😛 

If you both show up at next years PNW Meet-up, we'll have shade for the group 😉.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

Yes sir I saw my shoulders were open as well. I did not see the roll of the club I tend to watch my body first. 

So for your shoulders they should be square to hips and knees or slightly closed. Open like that is going to promote a right ball flight and you will make compensations in the swing to avoid that happening.

For balance you want the back of your armpits to be over the balls of your feet, yours are move towards the toe. As for the arms with driver you do want them slightly further away from you than an iron but the armpits should still be over the balls of the feet. Your hips aren’t in too bad of a spot but the way you are setup can be improved. As Milo lines like to say stand up soften the shoulders and do a crunch. This will give you a neutral spine and put you in a better position. From there bend at the hips a little and soften the knees. It’s very similar to what Monte Scheinblum and George Gankas look like.

Second picture you see the club starts to roll open and your left arm gets on top of the right arm. What you want to happen is the right arm stay on top of the left and as the club moves back the face should point at the target line til your hands reach just past your right leg. At that point you want to set your wrist by flexing the right wrist or bending it back. You will probably have a slight bend in the right arm. The club face should be on the same angle as your spine angle.

Your turn is a false turn, your left hip comes out instead of your right hip going back and around. You also have a very flat turn. Your left shoulder should be working down and towards the balls. At the top you your swing your arms get separated a lot, they should be about the same distance as when they were at address, otherwise you have to work even harder to get them back together in transition. This is third pic 

All of this leads is to where we are in the fourth pic with a steep shaft and the body having to stall to wait everything to catch up. If your shoulder time, hip turn and wrist angles were in better spots and your arms were closer together you would have an easier time getting the club behind you and shallowing it.

Now we end up standing way up in the fifth pic with the club on the way to Impact being way to high and potentially heading for outside the ball, so you have to compensate with a very late shallowing move in the sixth pic of leaning back and because of the super early extension and trying to save the shot throwing the club at the ball.

Your athletic ability allows you to make some good compensations and hit the ball relatively decent, but nowhere near as efficient. When you time things up right you will see pretty good results but when you don’t you will get not so great ones.

I only watched the first video.

Fixing the setup, takeaway and backswing will fix a lot of the other things on the swing. These three pieces are where things breakdown and are the causes if your problems. The rest are symptoms and compensations 

A4207C63-CECA-4D42-9074-96639A22B0F0.jpeg

DD934D85-52BF-4371-BD5B-112503A19844.png

046AC081-8916-456A-BB82-28799CE8CD37.png

FBA4B8C0-0126-4998-B629-A5520EFFCC54.png

23B0392D-C205-446B-B093-27865BF3C66A.png

D62DF0EB-FEDC-4FA8-9010-A7E5A36BF5D3.png

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

27 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

My suggestions if you don’t want to go see a pro in person or find one of the online pros. I can give you a list of several that range from about $40-100ish for a lesson.

If you don’t want to do that then my suggestion would be to search YouTube for amg how to setup, amg prefect takeaway and amg perfect backswing.

Another option is signup for rebelliongolf.com and buy one or all of the following video series. Drive4dough, no turn cast, the effecting swing or broom force. They are roughly $30 each

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

So for your shoulders they should be square to hips and knees or slightly closed. Open like that is going to promote a right ball flight and you will make compensations in the swing to avoid that happening.

For balance you want the back of your armpits to be over the balls of your feet, yours are move towards the toe. As for the arms with driver you do want them slightly further away from you than an iron but the armpits should still be over the balls of the feet. Your hips aren’t in too bad of a spot but the way you are setup can be improved. As Milo lines like to say stand up soften the shoulders and do a crunch. This will give you a neutral spine and put you in a better position. From there bend at the hips a little and soften the knees. It’s very similar to what Monte Scheinblum and George Gankas look like.

Second picture you see the club starts to roll open and your left arm gets on top of the right arm. What you want to happen is the right arm stay on top of the left and as the club moves back the face should point at the target line til your hands reach just past your right leg. At that point you want to set your wrist by flexing the right wrist or bending it back. You will probably have a slight bend in the right arm. The club face should be on the same angle as your spine angle.

Your turn is a false turn, your left hip comes out instead of your right hip going back and around. You also have a very flat turn. Your left shoulder should be working down and towards the balls. At the top you your swing your arms get separated a lot, they should be about the same distance as when they were at address, otherwise you have to work even harder to get them back together in transition. This is third pic 

All of this leads is to where we are in the fourth pic with a steep shaft and the body having to stall to wait everything to catch up. If your shoulder time, hip turn and wrist angles were in better spots and your arms were closer together you would have an easier time getting the club behind you and shallowing it.

Now we end up standing way up in the fifth pic with the club on the way to Impact being way to high and potentially heading for outside the ball, so you have to compensate with a very late shallowing move in the sixth pic of leaning back and because of the super early extension and trying to save the shot throwing the club at the ball.

Your athletic ability allows you to make some good compensations and hit the ball relatively decent, but nowhere near as efficient. When you time things up right you will see pretty good results but when you don’t you will get not so great ones.

I only watched the first video.

Fixing the setup, takeaway and backswing will fix a lot of the other things on the swing. These three pieces are where things breakdown and are the causes if your problems. The rest are symptoms and compensations 

A4207C63-CECA-4D42-9074-96639A22B0F0.jpeg

DD934D85-52BF-4371-BD5B-112503A19844.png

046AC081-8916-456A-BB82-28799CE8CD37.png

FBA4B8C0-0126-4998-B629-A5520EFFCC54.png

23B0392D-C205-446B-B093-27865BF3C66A.png

D62DF0EB-FEDC-4FA8-9010-A7E5A36BF5D3.png

Man this analysis reminds me of the advice you gave me two years ago

My Reviews:

44 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

If you both show up at next years PNW Meet-up, we'll have shade for the group 😉.

I am pushing 5'10" but I have girth at 230lbs.😬

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

8 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

I’m 6’ in shoes at 200 but I’m a house (relative to @Kenny B 😛 )

My Reviews:

OK, one thing at a time.  I do try to make a slower back swing and keep the club low to the ground. Apparently I got away from that which I think is where the roll of the arms come in. I tried a few on the range today and that made a difference. 

Still need to work on the set up to be more square. 

I feel what you mean about the false turn. I am not sure if its from trying to have a flatter swing or make sure I am swinging in to out or trying to make sure I don't go left and push the club that direction. Either way I think what your saying is get my shoulder pointed at the ground (towards the Ball). 

I'll have to go back to this post a few times to read through it. 

On the lessons, I am ok with online I just don't want to pay $200 a month. A couple for $30 each or less than $100 I can hide/swing s little easier. I'll look at a few and look up Vegan's guy. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

11 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

We all have our ailments. I work out 3- 4 days a week but need more time in the gym. My schedule most times doesn't allow for it. Now with football starting up it's going to be a scramble. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

55 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

Must be the camera angle... you looked at least 6'2".  As we all know physical size in golf matters not when it comes to hitting distance.  Want a real whack in the testosterone willy... attend an LPGA event.  Hell, for that matter, attend a Junior USGA event. It's enough to make a 6'2" 185 man cry. 😆

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

46 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Must be the camera angle... you looked at least 6'2".  As we all know physical size in golf matters not when it comes to hitting distance.  Want a real whack in the testosterone willy... attend an LPGA event.  Hell, for that matter, attend a Junior USGA event. It's enough to make a 6'2" 185 man cry. 😆

Yeah sure does. I watched Michelle wie hit 300 up hill when she was like 16 out in AZ. She was easily 50 yards in front of anyone else I saw that day. 

I think the armature golfer can learn way more from watching these ladies as their swings are closer to what we swing rather than 95% of the male pro golfers.  Rookie Henderson is like 5’6” and avgs 270-280 off the tee. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

1 hour ago, JFish350 said:

OK, one thing at a time.  I do try to make a slower back swing and keep the club low to the ground. Apparently I got away from that which I think is where the roll of the arms come in. I tried a few on the range today and that made a difference. 

Still need to work on the set up to be more square. 

I feel what you mean about the false turn. I am not sure if its from trying to have a flatter swing or make sure I am swinging in to out or trying to make sure I don't go left and push the club that direction. Either way I think what your saying is get my shoulder pointed at the ground (towards the Ball). 

I'll have to go back to this post a few times to read through it. 

On the lessons, I am ok with online I just don't want to pay $200 a month. A couple for $30 each or less than $100 I can hide/swing s little easier. I'll look at a few and look up Vegan's guy. 

You don’t want a flat turn. The driver is going to be less upright than an irons but the swing mechanics are the same.

Based on the bold you seem to be trying to do things instead of letting them happen. But yea you want some shoulder tilt with driver. 

2 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

You saw me over a year ago.  I'm 6' in shoes and 214... down about 45 a year ago.  🤪

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

WOW, what a turn. We went from club fitting to aggregate swing thoughts. Since the day the game started in Scotland everyone's head a different video of how they swung. Just my humble opinion. As long as you hit the ball in the center of the club face, don't be concerned with the swing form. There have been billions of them over the years.JMHO.

13 hours ago, A J Ziggy said:

WOW, what a turn. We went from club fitting to aggregate swing thoughts. Since the day the game started in Scotland everyone's head a different video of how they swung. Just my humble opinion. As long as you hit the ball in the center of the club face, don't be concerned with the swing form. There have been billions of them over the years.JMHO.

I agree, but some of us have a harder time than others hitting the center of the club. I wish I would have taken a picture of yesterdays ball contact. I hit 2 in the center and they were the most beautiful looking things flying through the air. Everything else was on outside center and mid to high on the face. Not all were bad shots, in fact I would have found most of them if I was on the course. Still had a few too many just leave the course like a zombie attack was going on. 

I did sign up for some on-line coaching. Hopefully it works out and I can move onto worrying more about my chipping/pitching. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

14 hours ago, A J Ziggy said:

Just my humble opinion. As long as you hit the ball in the center of the club face, don't be concerned with the swing form. 

I don’t hit the center every time, should I be concerned?  Sometimes I hit the center but the ball goes way left or right, should I be concerned?  I hit the center of the club but all my clubs go about the same distance, should I be concerned?   😁

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 hours ago, A J Ziggy said:

Everyone has their unique swing but many amateurs have bad movement patterns. If you read the thread his swing was asked for to help determine what was going on with the numbers.

Numbers are just that with our any context.

Now that we have his swing we can see why the results aren’t optimal for the ball speed he is generating.

And center of the face contact means nothing if the face i too open too closed to the swing patch and if the swing path is to much to either extreme the ball isn’t going to go where the golfer wants it to go. 

Not to mention the op is trying ti get better so identifying where the issues are will help him improve and have more optimal results 

8 hours ago, cnosil said:

I don’t hit the center every time, should I be concerned?  Sometimes I hit the center but the ball goes way left or right, should I be concerned?  I hit the center of the club but all my clubs go about the same distance, should I be concerned?   😁

Unless one of my clubs does something real wrong, my clubs all go about the same distance which matches the distance of my golf bag give or take. For some reason I thought allotted practice should be from the pin back? IE 14 drives, 26 approach shots, 18-36 putts.That is with 4 Par 5's & 4 Par 3's. I'm usually frustrated by how many more putts than 18 I take to play a round, should I be concerned?